• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mitch41

• Mr Elwood P

• Bazzas right boot

• davemclaren

Dagger Is Back

Morton at home. Win win. Would make this a great weekend football wise, give us more money for a home tie and a chance to progress and increase the chances of a Rangers/Celtic/Aberdeen tie with one of them to go out

4 hours ago, rmreido said:

Midweek.. Quarter finals 24th/25th September.

Weekend... Semi finals 2nd/3rd November. 

Weekend... Final 7th December 

Hopefully we'll be involved at every stage...

HHGH 

Cheers for that. Agreed, I want to see us win this bloody thing 

17 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Now that we dispatched the seeds, Motherwell with relative ease, we are one game from Hampden. 

Who do you want next?

Barring a major shock, I'd take Hamilton or Killie please. 

Home or away. 

Anybody at home

TyphoonJambo
30 minutes ago, Jenks said:

Easiest route please.

Hibs it is then! 

Going by the respective old firm results for both teams recently.  Maybe the main team to avoid in the draw could be Rangers....

Quite a change from Celtics superiority over the last few years....

1 hour ago, Clerry Jambo said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/45684433

Thought I would just pop this here, who can forget this, the gaffer at his best and truly astonishing they thought up this potential powder keg

Absolute embarassment from the SFA and should not be glossed over, so well brought up. Have Rangers and Celtic fans descend on the same area of Glasgow and not expect issues, have Aberdeen travel to the train when transport arrives 15 minutes after kick off at earliest, and no consideration for the state of the pitch/fans if extra time and penalties were involved. Ridicuious.

12 hours ago, hueyview said:

Going by the respective old firm results for both teams recently.  Maybe the main team to avoid in the draw could be Rangers....

Quite a change from Celtics superiority over the last few years....

Celtic look shaky.

pettigrewsstylist
1 hour ago, TheStig said:

Would rather we got a lower ranked team then hopefully get to the semi then meet hibs/Celtic/rangers. 

This. Bank the cash pse.

2 hours ago, Section Q said:

Celtic look shaky.

At the moment. Would still prefer a home tie against the lowest ranked team left. 

2 hours ago, TheStig said:

Would rather we got a lower ranked team then hopefully get to the semi then meet hibs/Celtic/rangers. 

That's what I'm also hoping for.

3 hours ago, TheStig said:

Hibs or Celtic at Tynecastle would be ok. Rangers the team we need to avoid. Ibrox it is then ...

I would rather take Celtic before the final (assuming we make it that far). Hampden for a final against the uglies and losing is too much. I know money wise its good for the club to get that far but its too depressing.

The huns seem to be spending a lot of money to try and catch celtic. I'd be worried to play them too, Levein can't seem to get it right against them at all. 

13 hours ago, jambostuart said:

Absolute embarassment from the SFA and should not be glossed over, so well brought up. Have Rangers and Celtic fans descend on the same area of Glasgow and not expect issues, have Aberdeen travel to the train when transport arrives 15 minutes after kick off at earliest, and no consideration for the state of the pitch/fans if extra time and penalties were involved. Ridicuious.

I don’t know how many times this must have been said last season when this was happening but...

SFA = National Teams & Scottish Cup

SPFL = Leagues, League Cup and Challenge Cup

8 minutes ago, Hungry hippo said:

Always hope for the weakest team possible.

Don’t totally agree with that. We have a far better chance of beating Celtic at Tynecastle, we will likely have to beat them anyway. Celtic at Tynecastle and Rangers to have to go to Kilmarnock, Hibs or aberdeen would be ideal. Alternatively Rangers and Celtic draw each other. Kilmarnock and Hibs draw each other and we get Partick at home.

Edited by Mr Elwood P

1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

At the moment. Would still prefer a home tie against the lowest ranked team left. 

East Fife would be a prize....!😁

Hungry hippo
34 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Don’t totally agree with that. We have a far better chance of beating Celtic at Tynecastle, we will likely have to beat them anyway. Celtic at Tynecastle and Rangers to have to go to Kilmarnock, Hibs or aberdeen would be ideal. Alternatively Rangers and Celtic draw each other. Kilmarnock and Hibs draw each other and we get Partick at home.

Odds of winning the cup are far better if you can just let the other big clubs knock each other out. 

7 minutes ago, Hungry hippo said:

Odds of winning the cup are far better if you can just let the other big clubs knock each other out. 

Or just beat them as you play  them. Celtic best Hibs, Aberdeen and then Hearts to win the Scottish Cup last season. 

On 17/08/2019 at 00:00, Ricardo Shillyshally said:

Whoever the shitest team is at home please

You know that will be Rangers will get the worst team at home........Its part of the rules apparently

Let's show what our team is all about and have Celtic away followed by Rangers in the semi's and Livingston 

in the final. WE FEAR NO ONE.

Hungry hippo
8 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Or just beat them as you play  them. Celtic best Hibs, Aberdeen and then Hearts to win the Scottish Cup last season. 

That's because Celtic are a lot better than Hibs, Aberdeen and Hearts. If you are discussing the ideal draw, which we were, then Celtic isn't it.

3 hours ago, Smoked-Glass said:

If we get hibs then it's 2 derbies within a few days that week 

Hopefully not both at ER. Depressing part of the world 

Just now, soonbe110 said:

Hopefully not both at ER. Depressing part of the world 

I love beating Hibs down at the piggery.

22 minutes ago, Hungry hippo said:

Going by last seasons SC JKB analysis, if you do that then you've not really won it and achieved nothing.

Tynecastlesmychurch

Their are a few teams I wouldn't mind us getting. As long as we're at Tynecastle I'd be happy tbh. 

Suppose if I'm being completely honest the one team I don't want tho is rangers. They're flying and on the evidence of when we played them last season I don't trust us not to just surrender to them. 

1 hour ago, mitch41 said:

Let's show what our team is all about and have Celtic away followed by Rangers in the semi's and Livingston 

in the final. WE FEAR NO ONE.

🤔

Sierra Delta

Happy with anybody at home.

Partick are the obvious choice but as others have mentioned we have a far better chance of beating the Old Firm at Tynecastle rather than Hampden.