Dirty Harry

FWJ

Didn’t go to the football tonight, didn’t even watch it on the TV. went to see this Blondie tribute band at The Liquid Rooms.  I’ve seen them before a couple of times and they are brilliant.

”Debbie” is from Musselburgh (!) And is a consultant psychiatrist in St. John’s, Livingston (!!)

If you get the chance go and see them, can’t recommend it highly enough.  By a measure the best tribute band I’ve seen.

5 hours ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

How dirty was it?

Call me.

And I’ll tell you.

One way or another..

9 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Call me.

And I’ll tell you.

One way or another..

If I do, do you promise not to leave me hangin’ on the telephone?

15 minutes ago, FWJ said:

If I do, do you promise not to leave me hangin’ on the telephone?

Of course not.

I’ve not got a heart of stone you know, it’s a heart of glass.

Regards,

Denis

6 hours ago, Lemongrab said:

Bloody hell, I just noticed Debbie Harry is 74. :24_shocked:

They were talking today on Off the Ball about the time she was involved in a drinking session with George Best and the French Rugby Team. I'd forgotten about that and found details here.

https://www.scotsman.com/news-2-15012/george-best-hibs-flawed-genius-1-1214192

7 minutes ago, Ferris Bueller said:

John McLean couldn't lace dirty Harrys boots. 

Gene Hunt and Colombo, close?

Better call Saul

I couldn't see Colombo using a  44 magnum but could probably solve dirty Harrys cases in half the time cause he's a thinker lol.. As for gene hunt.... WHO?  lol 

13 hours ago, frankblack said:

Tribute bands are a waste of time.  Go see the originals.  Blondie's last album was very good and they still tour.

Tend to agree but saw Dirty Harry a fee years ago for a couple of quid and it was a good night out in Stramash 

My fave tribute band name is The (mock) Mock Turtles 

Blondie currently touring the States with Elvis Costello 

7 minutes ago, the general said:

Tend to agree but saw Dirty Harry a fee years ago for a couple of quid and it was a good night out in Stramash 

My fave tribute band name is The (mock) Mock Turtles 

Blondie currently touring the States with Elvis Costello 

Blondie played the Hydro on this tour about a year ago IIRC.

Each to their own but I want to have a direct connection with the artists on stage and who is on the records I own.

16 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Blondie played the Hydro on this tour about a year ago IIRC.

Each to their own but I want to have a direct connection with the artists on stage and who is on the records I own.

Oh I completely agree

Where do you stand on bands where maybe one or 2 original band members remain or where lead singer has been replaced?

On 16/08/2019 at 23:41, FWJ said:

Didn’t go to the football tonight, didn’t even watch it on the TV. went to see this Blondie tribute band at The Liquid Rooms.  I’ve seen them before a couple of times and they are brilliant.

”Debbie” is from Musselburgh (!) And is a consultant psychiatrist in St. John’s, Livingston (!!)

If you get the chance go and see them, can’t recommend it highly enough.  By a measure the best tribute band I’ve seen.

I've seen her before at stramash! Was really good show,  and was a great work night out. I met her once before in a professional capacity and she is a really nice woman.

On the subject of tribute bands, I'd recommend going to see Elvana (Elvis fronted Nirvana) a good laugh but also really good covers. :thumbsup:

1 hour ago, the general said:

Oh I completely agree

Where do you stand on bands where maybe one or 2 original band members remain or where lead singer has been replaced?

Couldn't go for Thin Lizzy as Phil Lynnot was essential but some bands have like AC/DC, Iron Maiden have changed singers and been strong.

I think there was a poor Velvet Underground album with no original members!  Time to end the band you think once everyone is gone!