Michael Smith

whodanny

Bazzas right boot
30 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Sometimes if I'm scared at night, I whisper "Michael Smith" and he appears beside my bed and tells me stories of yore

On that, I'd Try whispering Holy valance or Holly willoughby. 

Or both, see what happened. 

Don't whisper Micheal Stewart, tho or Neil Lennon, ffs. 

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• gashauskis9

• Robbo-Jambo

• Hungry hippo

Absolute Scenes
1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

That last part is a terrifying prospect and is how most urban myths of creatures in the night visiting homes, has come about

Sorry the others didn't work out :(

4 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Lol.

I tried once with Mike Myers...got the wrong one and now when I drink, I'm like a human watering can...

Bazzas right boot
24 minutes ago, Jambotommy said:

Lol.

I tried once with Mike Myers...got the wrong one and now when I drink, I'm like a human watering can...

:berra:

:ears:

solid as anything bare minimum 7/10 every week would like to see him score more and get a bit further forward similar to the motherwell game

1 minute ago, E6 Inc said:

Will be a big loss for us if he's out for any period of time. Fingers crossed it isnt serious!

What happened to him , I missed the first half

1 minute ago, jambopilms said:

What happened to him , I missed the first half

Look liked he tweaked his hamstring. Cochrane was on Hearts TV and said Smith was feeling it during the week.

7 minutes ago, E6 Inc said:

Look liked he tweaked his hamstring. Cochrane was on Hearts TV and said Smith was feeling it during the week.

Thanks, the question is why risk him.

So many injuries

38 minutes ago, Marvin said:

Any news on his injury?

Sounds like he might have just been subbed as a precaution.

Doesn't sound like his hamstring actually went.

Levein on the Hearts site...

"Michael Smith had a tight hamstring, and he said it was fine in training but he said today he felt it tighten up and was about to go, so taking him off was the right call and an easy one..."

1 hour ago, jambopilms said:

Thanks, the question is why risk him.

So many injuries

Exactly, we’ve seen it go horribly wrong with Haring and Naismith so why the hell do we continue to take risks with  players health? There’s no danger that Levein expected anything other than a defeat today so why not play Brandon from the start?

I refuse to believe any more that our squad is perpetually hit by injuries purely down to bad luck. There's not a week goes by that a player isn't breaking down on the pitch. The problem is either down to poor training and conditioning, poor physio treatment and recovery, and poor decision making in risking players with existing injuries, Possibly all 3. We're well beyond just "bad luck" at this point. In addition Naismith strikes me as a long-running crock who was only too happy to sign a 4 year contract. How often has he been fit this past 12 months?

MaroonTorres
2 hours ago, Danny Wilde said:

I refuse to believe any more that our squad is perpetually hit by injuries purely down to bad luck. There's not a week goes by that a player isn't breaking down on the pitch. The problem is either down to poor training and conditioning, poor physio treatment and recovery, and poor decision making in risking players with existing injuries, Possibly all 3. We're well beyond just "bad luck" at this point. In addition Naismith strikes me as a long-running crock who was only too happy to sign a 4 year contract. How often has he been fit this past 12 months?

Even if he's only fit 50% of the time, we're 100% better with him in the team; worth the gamble imo. Good head to have around the younger players coming through as well, he can do that while he's on crutches!

2 hours ago, Gregorski said:

"Michael Smith had a tight hamstring, and he said it was fine in training but he said today he felt it tighten up and was about to go, so taking him off was the right call and an easy one..."

Great bit of player management there! 😏

4 hours ago, Gregorski said:

Aye, cause that approach worked ****ing wonders with Naismith as a precaution didn’t it Craig?

Hungry hippo
22 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Aye, cause that approach worked ****ing wonders with Naismith as a precaution didn’t it Craig?

Are you saying we should have left Naismith and Smith on?

3 minutes ago, Hungry hippo said:

Are you saying we should have left Naismith and Smith on?

No, quite the opposite.  Smith shouldn’t have been risked today and I’m still convinced Naismith should have built his match fitness up more gradually than being thrown in from the start against County.  

Hungry hippo
26 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

No, quite the opposite.  Smith shouldn’t have been risked today and I’m still convinced Naismith should have built his match fitness up more gradually than being thrown in from the start against County.  

OK. Makes more sense than what I thought you were saying. 

Hadn’t read the “tight hamstring” thing before. Good news if it’s not torn and more a precautionary sub

1 hour ago, Jamhammer said:

Hadn’t read the “tight hamstring” thing before. Good news if it’s not torn and more a precautionary sub

With our luck with injuries I was fully expecting Smith to be out for 3 months. Really good news that’s not the case

Dalstonjambo
On 25/08/2019 at 19:00, Ribble said:

Exactly, we’ve seen it go horribly wrong with Haring and Naismith so why the hell do we continue to take risks with  players health? There’s no danger that Levein expected anything other than a defeat today so why not play Brandon from the start?

To be fair when the alternative is Jamie Brandon i'd take Smith on crutches.

1 hour ago, Jamhammer said:

As long as its just that. 

Getting ******* paranoid about injuries nowadays 🙄

18 minutes ago, The Spy Who Loved Me said:

Smith and Washington have been called up to Northern Ireland squad for games against Germany and Luxembourg. 

Suggests he should be fit for Saturday. Strange if we allow him and Naismith to go on international duty but they don’t play this weekend. 

TyphoonJambo
On 27/08/2019 at 13:22, Dalstonjambo said:

To be fair when the alternative is Jamie Brandon i'd take Smith on crutches.

Jamie done OK on Sunday 

GorgieRules22
26 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

Jamie done OK on Sunday 

It s as good as it gets for him though, just ok....he’s not good enough for Hearts, my opinion.