Michael Stewart tonight

Whatever

On ‎17‎/‎08‎/‎2019 at 10:17, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

I don’t think that’s the new rule.

The new rule, in effect, allows a penalty to be awarded even if the ball is hammered at your hand from a foot and you can do nothing about it BUT if it in a position where it has made your body bigger to block it i.e. if it is sticking out, like last night, it is a penalty.

Intentionally moving it to block it doesn’t come into it.

Thing that worries me about this daft new rule is that players, if they can't get a shot on target, will intentionally aim the ball at a players hand so that they can get a penalty. What can you do about it? In this instance, a penalty shouldn't be awarded as long as you don't purposely move your arm/hand towards the ball. For me, that wasn't a penalty and as much as I am Hearts through and through and would've accepted the goal, justice was done when Clare missed it. This is going to lead to cheating by forwards to gain the advantage of a penalty. It's no surprise to me that Stewart and Craigan didn't like the award and the vast majority of pundits would come up with exactly the same. Madden hates Hearts and he wasn't exactly happy to award the penalty but had to under the new rules. Football used to be a simple game, now it's ruined by ridiculous rules that make little to no sense.

• Replies 999
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Sagan

• Dallas Green

• Boab

Seymour M Hersh

On Friday Jamie Walker gets a clear shove in the back for what should have been the 2nd pen. No pen squealed the two muppets Stewart and Craig. Fast forward to today nd Jordan Jones goes down in the box after a slight push fromEast Fife player. stewart assuring us that could certainly have been one. Twat. 

132goals1958

I was on a flight home when the game was on, so I recorded it with the intention of watching as if it was live. No chance however that I would remain on tenterhooks, so as soon as i had internet access  I sneaked a look on the BBC website where the page showed post match reaction as  ---Hearts beat Motherwell . Got home poured myself a large Talisker not knowing the score-line but relishing an opportunity to sit back and enjoy. Predictably we had the rant from Stewart pre match. What strikes me is a lack of rationale to his argument from the point of view of not being able to punctuate his criticism along the lines of Levein’s positive record at Dundee United, one of the finest players to wear a Hearts Jersey, or having the bottle to play a sixteen year old in a cup final. Craig made a Santa Claus remark following the Pereira loan. During the commentary Stewart could not resist a sardonic reference to the quote. He is verging on paranoia and that one pound over valuation has really got to him. Why his paymasters allow what can only be described as irrational behavior is anyone’s guess.

Big Slim Stylee
11 hours ago, 132goals1958 said:

I was on a flight home when the game was on, so I recorded it with the intention of watching as if it was live. No chance however that I would remain on tenterhooks, so as soon as i had internet access  I sneaked a look on the BBC website where the page showed post match reaction as  ---Hearts beat Motherwell . Got home poured myself a large Talisker not knowing the score-line but relishing an opportunity to sit back and enjoy. Predictably we had the rant from Stewart pre match. What strikes me is a lack of rationale to his argument from the point of view of not being able to punctuate his criticism along the lines of Levein’s positive record at Dundee United, one of the finest players to wear a Hearts Jersey, or having the bottle to play a sixteen year old in a cup final. Craig made a Santa Claus remark following the Pereira loan. During the commentary Stewart could not resist a sardonic reference to the quote. He is verging on paranoia and that one pound over valuation has really got to him. Why his paymasters allow what can only be described as irrational behavior is anyone’s guess.

One of the great put-downs.

13 hours ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

On Friday Jamie Walker gets a clear shove in the back for what should have been the 2nd pen. No pen squealed the two muppets Stewart and Craig. Fast forward to today nd Jordan Jones goes down in the box after a slight push fromEast Fife player. stewart assuring us that could certainly have been one. Twat. 

Mikey Stewart said that was a penalty and highlighted it when it happened. Mikey Stewart also highlighted the Mikey Smith potential pen in the second half when the boy cut across him but Smith stayed on his feet. Mikey Stewart is a bellend but people are getting a bit tin hat about him. He doesn’t like Levein and rightly calls out our under achieving. He lets his dislike for Levein cloud his assessment of Hearts some times but most of the time he calls it correctly. 

jack D and coke
15 hours ago, J80MBO said:

Feel degree of paranoia building with michael Stewart amongst hearts fans. Sometimes goes too far but alot of hearts fans agree with his views on the direction the club is going and the lack of on pitch progress the last couple of years.

I recorded the game and watched it and apart from the beginning where he said a few home truths about Levein, things that we’ve all kind of been thinking lately I didn’t feel his commentary was over the top tbh. He made a tube of himself over the penalty incident granted but other than that nothing outrageous. All this he couldn’t bring himself to mention Hearts etc is pretty silly reading though.

Cmon we’re not Celtic ffs. 

Craigan is a cock though. 

Seymour M Hersh
1 hour ago, busby1985 said:

Mikey Stewart said that was a penalty and highlighted it when it happened. Mikey Stewart also highlighted the Mikey Smith potential pen in the second half when the boy cut across him but Smith stayed on his feet. Mikey Stewart is a bellend but people are getting a bit tin hat about him. He doesn’t like Levein and rightly calls out our under achieving. He lets his dislike for Levein cloud his assessment of Hearts some times but most of the time he calls it correctly. 

He was saying it wasn't't a penalty (Walker's) on the bradcast I was watching. 

16 hours ago, jambonian said:

Thing that worries me about this daft new rule is that players, if they can't get a shot on target, will intentionally aim the ball at a players hand so that they can get a penalty. What can you do about it? In this instance, a penalty shouldn't be awarded as long as you don't purposely move your arm/hand towards the ball. 

It'd be a great surprise,anybody in our game could aim the ball at a players hand, when the majority of the time at free kicks, the can't aim it at the goal accurately !

Edited by Jambothump
Removed stupid parts

i wish jj was my dad
1 hour ago, busby1985 said:

Does he call it correctly when he says we are blocking opportunities for youngsters to play in the first team?  

46 minutes ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

Does he call it correctly when he says we are blocking opportunities for youngsters to play in the first team?  

Don’t think you or Stewart could win an argument on that topic. Hearts have actually bled more youngsters than any other team

Certainly dont see Celtic  or Sevco throwing as many 17-20 year olds into their team as often as we do 

You’ll never hear BT commentators call them out on this I very much doubt the game imo 

jack D and coke
13 minutes ago, BelgeJambo said:

Don’t think you or Stewart could win an argument on that topic. Hearts have actually bled more youngsters than any other team

Certainly dont see Celtic  or Sevco throwing as many 17-20 year olds into their team as often as we do 

You’ll never hear BT commentators call them out on this I very much doubt the game imo 

I don’t think you could level that at Celtic tbh. They’re not bad for promoting youth. Mikey Johnstone looks another really excellent prospect from their academy added to the other good ones they’ve brought through in recent years. 

Rangers on the other hand are brutal for bringing through youngsters. 

Edited by jack D and coke

Didn't feel the need to start another thread on this bellend.

Spotted this in the BBC gossip column. I don't buy a paper so if any national readers want to post a photo of the article, feel free. Going by this description however, I wonder if Gary Holt's man management will come under massive scrutiny now? 

Screenshot_20190819-085904_BBC Sport.jpg

3 hours ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

Yes. Am I bothered that we are, no.

Hickey aside, everyone else hasn’t shown anywhere near the level of consistency to merit keeping the likes of Mikey Smith, in Jamie Brandon/Godhinho’s case, out the team. Irving has shown in glimpses he can come in do the job but I still want to see Haring, Whelan and Damour in there. Add MacDonald, Zanatta, Keena and Cochrane into that category as well. The youngsters at hearts got loads of exposure too soon and now it’s become a stick to beat us with. Plenty time for them to push on and now we have proper class in front of them to learn from. 

2 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

I don’t think you could level that at Celtic tbh. They’re not bad for promoting youth. Mikey Johnstone looks another really excellent prospect from their academy added to the other good ones they’ve brought through in recent years. 

Rangers on the other hand are brutal for bringing through youngsters. 

The difference here is that those clubs have never said that their aim is to promote youngsters but CL has.

It is pretty obvious that clubs with money don't need to promote from their academy as they can buy the players they need.

Exceptions happen from time to time and they bring them through but they tend to buy up the best from the poorer teams and then let them stagnate in the background.

6 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

The difference here is that those clubs have never said that their aim is to promote youngsters but CL has.

It is pretty obvious that clubs with money don't need to promote from their academy as they can buy the players they need.

Exceptions happen from time to time and they bring them through but they tend to buy up the best from the poorer teams and then let them stagnate in the background.

Once more you take what is said and effectively demand that we should not deviate from that path.

Flexibility is required to meet whatever circumstances the game throws up.

You don't really need to dissect every word he says.

jack D and coke
16 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

I think every clubs aim is to bring through youth tbh or else why do they bother wasting money on it? 

Some clubs are forced to do it a bit more than others but I tend to believe if you’re good enough you’ll get a shot. See Hickey for example how could you keep him out? 

Same with the young lad at Chelsea Mason Mount. There’s no way you can stop these ones they’re exceptional. 

1 hour ago, jack D and coke said:

I think every clubs aim is to bring through youth tbh or else why do they bother wasting money on it? 

Some clubs are forced to do it a bit more than others but I tend to believe if you’re good enough you’ll get a shot. See Hickey for example how could you keep him out? 

Same with the young lad at Chelsea Mason Mount. There’s no way you can stop these ones they’re exceptional. 

The poorer clubs possibly rely on giving young lads a chance in the hope that they will generate a decent transfer fee.

Sometimes it happens more by accident than the talent shown by some of the young players. Injuries often give the young guys their chance a bit like Motherwell last season.

In the case of Mount at Chelsea had they not had their player signing ban imposed I wonder if he would still have been given the chance?  He may well have with Lampard being their new coach but in the past they have tended to buy.

letsalldothebeattie

Michael Stewart is a welt of the highest order, his commentary on Friday night was unbearable, he isn't even hiding his hatred toward Hearts or Levein anymore. While I agree Levein should be getting criticism for recent form to me Stewart is taking to a level way beyond what Levein deserves

Unknown user
8 hours ago, busby1985 said:

He's a venomous prick.

22 hours ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Stewart's claimed for pen.

58 minutes ago, Smithee said:

He's a venomous prick.

He defo can be. Am not disputing his clear dislike or hatred for Levein. His criticism of his tenure as our manager is spot on however. 

Do you notice that he NEVER criticises Neil Lennon.

I mean they have been pumped out of the CL and struggled to beat the pars on Sat.

Not a word of criticism......never any when he was at Hibs either.

As I said - forget Levein for a second, HE is not doing his job properly

1 hour ago, Steve said:

I mean they have been pumped out of the CL and struggled to beat the pars on Sat.

He never done his job properly as a player !

No surprise he still isn’t !

1 hour ago, Steve said:

He was critical of Celtic's DOF approach that ends up leaving £10m of defenders on the bench.

However, no criticism of Lennon playing Callum MacGregor at left back.

Thats like us playing Steven Naismith at left back.

Edited by DETTY29

Unfortunately, he is seen as antagonistic and therefore 'relevant' in the eyes of BBC and BT.

Of course he's a cock.  They know it, we know it and even Michael knows it. In fact he revels in it!

Shame it all started off because Levein owns him and he hasn't go a clue how to redress the £1 image.

On 18/08/2019 at 14:22, J80MBO said:

Feel degree of paranoia building with michael Stewart amongst hearts fans. Sometimes goes too far but alot of hearts fans agree with his views on the direction the club is going and the lack of on pitch progress the last couple of years.

It’s hard to take anything he says seriously as it lacks balance and is full of bitterness.

Unknown user
2 hours ago, busby1985 said:

He defo can be. Am not disputing his clear dislike or hatred for Levein. His criticism of his tenure as our manager is spot on however. 

My arse it is, he's a prick with a vendetta against our manager and it taints his every judgement, whether he knows it or not.

9 hours ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

He was saying it wasn't't a penalty (Walker's) on the bradcast I was watching. 

He stopped short of saying it was a definite penalty but he said it was more of a penalty than the one given and that the defender had given the referee a decision to make. My gathering of what he said was that he felt it should have been a penalty.

He definitely didn't say it wasn't a penalty on the BT sport broadcast.

Seymour M Hersh
3 hours ago, Gambo said:

Stewart's claimed for pen.

Perhaps I was mistaken but I definitely don't recall him claiming it was a pen. Craigan definitely saying it wasn't a pen so maybe I got mixed up with the similar sort of whine emanating from the two of them. However as a caveat I have only heard it once, live.

Seymour M Hersh
1 hour ago, Taffin said:

He stopped short of saying it was a definite penalty but he said it was more of a penalty than the one given and that the defender had given the referee a decision to make. My gathering of what he said was that he felt it should have been a penalty.

He definitely didn't say it wasn't a penalty on the BT sport broadcast.

Slightly off topic but it just goes to show how little the two of them Stewart & Craigan) know about the updated Laws of the game. As Sutton pointed out at half time. 

Seymour M Hersh

He attacks the club manager at every opportunity and by doing so he attacks the club. We defend the club so if we go a bit OTT then so be it. 

32 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Perhaps I was mistaken but I definitely don't recall him claiming it was a pen. Craigan definitely saying it wasn't a pen so maybe I got mixed up with the similar sort of whine emanating from the two of them. However as a caveat I have only heard it once, live.

He said it was more of a pen than the first one given.

Seymour M Hersh
Just now, Gambo said:

He said it was more of a pen than the first one given.

My response to Taffin covers this Gambo.:thumbsup:

Edited by Seymour M Hersh

35 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

He attacks the club manager at every opportunity and by doing so he attacks the club. 

Maybe if Levein did not supply the ammo to give Stewart the opportunity to have a go.

Unknown user
Just now, Gambo said:

Maybe if Levein did not supply the ammo to give Stewart the opportunity to have a go.

Ah, the old "she shouldn't have noised him up" defence

Have to disagree mate. I've given him the benefit of the doubt for a long time but I have now come to the conclusion that he is now a ginger micro cock.

On sportsound at the moment proving he isn't very bright. Talking about Tom Boyd's comments on Celtic TV

- Stewart: I think they should have dealt with it privately.

- Tom English: Boyd made comments last season as well. Maybe they were dealt with in private.

- Stewart: Do we know anything was said last year? No we don't.

Well of course we don't know if anything was said privately. That is the whole point of it being private. He then went on to say that they should have made a public stand on accusations of bias, when English pointed out that they were now taking a stand he said that the public stand should have been made in private. Then Stewart complained they'd had a private meeting with managers to discuss referees. Tiring himself in knots (or English tieing him in knots).

I don't even think he is trying to be a deliberate shockjock. He seems to believe he alone has an ability to see objective truth.

1 hour ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

He attacks the club manager at every opportunity and by doing so he attacks the club. We defend the club so if we go a bit OTT then so be it. 

On the money !

Some of the defence might even be irrational...who cares ! You defend the club. End of !

In this particular “ spat “, it’s a no brainer !

Michaelstewartparanoia.com on kickback as always.

We have been awful since we got promoted and horrendous under levein as manager other than 10 game run where off top of my head we were pretty rotten away from home at lillie and Motherwell and got fortunate wins...

What nice things are the snowflakes on here wanting/expecting to hear when a pundits are asked to comment hearts exactly? So delusional its unreal

35 minutes ago, J80MBO said:

We have been awful since we got promoted and horrendous under levein as manager other than 10 game run where off top of my head we were pretty rotten away from home at lillie and Motherwell and got fortunate wins...

What nice things are the snowflakes on here wanting/expecting to hear when a pundits are asked to comment hearts exactly? So delusional its unreal

Total garbage. Stewart is pulled up by decent journalists for his blatant agenda and no Hearts fan should ever support him. 

Guest ToqueJambo
42 minutes ago, J80MBO said:

You think 3rd place and challenging for at least 3rd the next season until Neilson left was awful? Good luck in your Hearts supporting career. Its going to be a painful ride for you.

Walter Bishop

Stewart hates Levein, Levein hates Stewart. Wow.

Stewart is a Hearts fan with a platform none of us have and he says it like it is. It`s hard to disagree with him most of the time. 

6 minutes ago, Walter Bishop said:

Stewart is a Hearts fan with a platform none of us have and he says it like it is. It`s hard to disagree with him most of the time. 

So you think that what went on with him on Friday was ok and justified? 

16 minutes ago, Walter Bishop said:

😂😂😂

Hearts fan oh ma sides.

Edited by luckydug

annushorribilis III
1 hour ago, J80MBO said:

Pretty much. 

Who cares what he says ? Lots of insecure types on here.