Now that's the Hearts we want to see

vegas-voss

20 minutes ago, red said:

Great performance tonight. For 60-65 mins we bossed that game playing some really nice stuff along the way! 

New Goalie looks the part! Berra looked back to Normal, Halkett is a brilliant signing, Smith is just Mr Consistent (player of the year for me) Hickey is just outstanding! Best prospect since Gordon. Washington was brilliant and Irving was in and out off game, Mulraney was outstanding in stages. I worry a bit about Clare (when is he gonna arrive!?) 

Whilst I think it’s time for Craig Levein I want this for him more than anyone! The interview before the game I thought he looked broken and it’s clear he was hurting badly!  The guys bleeds maroon! 

Anyway the past is the past. There wasn’t a bad player on that starting line up tonight and last week there wasn’t, We have a real good squad with some outstanding youngsters and we really really needed that tonight! 

Now we f****** go!! 

Nailed it, mate.

Special mention for Irving tonight. He was outstanding along with Hickey in the 1st half. Very tidy midfielder who can really go places if he keeps developing. Big Jambo too!

Just now, Smithee said:

How good is Smith by the way? A wee bit of nasty from him too, fine by me!

He's a rock, Hickey one in the making👍🏻

1 minute ago, Smithee said:

Very good.

Got the Cahoonas out when he needed to.  

Mr Consistent.

Vast improvement, best I've felt after a Hearts game in a long time, some great individual performances, especially Hickey, Irving, Halkett and Washington.... looking good for the season ahead. 

HHGH 

Edited by rmreido

26 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

I still worry about fitness and concentration levels, especially this early in the season.  They were ghosting past us in the last 20 mins.  Better teams will hammer us.

I think it is more to do with Damour getting tired.  Our team needs a really good defensive midfielder. He allows the team to play.  Once he is fully match fit and we have Whelan playing, I don’t think you will see that.

What really struck me was the composure. Very very few balls launched upfield.  Instead a touch, a turn of the body, a player found on the deck.  Yes it sometimes made its way back for Pereira to launch, but generally that was night and day.  More please, you lovely maroon feckers.... 😍

4 minutes ago, Smithee said:

He is the most consistent player by miles never has a bad game 

1 minute ago, McCrae said:

I think it is more to do with Damour getting tired.  Our team needs a really good defensive midfielder. He allows the team to play.  Once he is fully match fit and we have Whelan playing, I don’t think you will see that.

Damour is going to be a gem for us really like the lol of him 

The Goalscoring Knee

I liked the way that for the first time in what seems like ages they all looked confident enough to pass the ball at speed through traffic to work openings. Genuinely excited to see what might be around the corner.

Agreed.

Said the same to myself during the game, this is more like the Hearts I want to see.

Just couldn't see a striker scoring though, bar a penalty, we need one, I have my hopes pinned on Keena but doesn't seem to get a decent shot. None of our strikers will ever be prolific, bar Naismith of course if he plays.

32 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

I still worry about fitness and concentration levels, especially this early in the season.  They were ghosting past us in the last 20 mins.  Better teams will hammer us.

Spot on 👍 

Excellent. Very, very good. Spot on team selection and tactics. We don't need a big bruiser up top - uche should be an impact player to batter tired defences. We played so much better football without him tonight. How good is hickey, what a talent.

Edited by jambogaza

6 minutes ago, NB GIN said:

Damour is going to be a gem for us really like the lol of him 

Totally at fault for their goal. But decent nonetheless.

Absolute Scenes
40 minutes ago, alicante jambo said:

Mate he was knackered. Ground was heavy he ran his heart out.

42 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Washington was absolutely knackered.. he put in some shift

I actually meant to write it was because he was knackered. Take nothing away from his game he was outstanding

Absolute Scenes
24 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Hate to admit it but I got erect when he squared up to the boy

TweedbankJambo
1 hour ago, Gmcjambo said:

I'm excited and think this could be the best team in years.   You can see the potential and the new signings are not match fit,  but some real quality in the squad.     I reckon we're a few weeks away yet,  but let's just relax, cut them a bit of slack and I'm sure we're going to be enjoying plenty of good football this season. 

Well said budski, I couldnt agree more HHGH! 

Finlay James

I watched the game with a mate who's an Everton fan.  Interesting observations from him.

He thought that Hickey and Irving were immense and that Washington played the lone front man role perfectly.  

Captain Canada

Great win and performance but a niggling doubt still about our lack of a goal threat.

Hopefully our new guy and Naismith will help make a difference when it comes to creating and taking chances. 

6 minutes ago, Captain Canada said:

Great win and performance but a niggling doubt still about our lack of a goal threat.

Hopefully our new guy and Naismith will help make a difference when it comes to creating and taking chances. 

Have a hunch Washington is going to click with us. We’ll see 

🤞

• 2 weeks later...
Sexton Hardcastle
On 16/08/2019 at 21:59, Sexton Hardcastle said:

Only have to have been on the match thread to see what we’re up against with our own support even when playing well.

Guys calling for berra to pack it in, Damour to gtf, Claire being Claire.

A bloody good night and all should take the dwarves credit but it will be daggers out next weekend as per normal.

As expected.

And again next week if we beat Hamilton it will be full steam on the winners juggernaut. 

I genuinely don’t want to come onto JKB after a defeat any more. It’s the same story every time, with the same people in the firing line.

We lost to Celtic in Glasgow. I truly wish it weren’t, but this is the normal state of affairs.

Edited by Doc Rob

4 minutes ago, Doc Rob said:

I genuinely don’t want to come onto JKB after a defeat any more. It’s the same story every time, with the same people in the firing line.

We lost to Celtic in Glasgow. I truly wish it weren’t, but this is the normal state of affairs.

How many times does the manager set the team up the same way, get the same result, set up with everyone behind the ball again, get skelped again and just repeat the same thing over and over? Trying the same thing repeatedly and expecting a different outcome is madness. He’s had his time, it’s time to step aside. His last four kickoffs against Celtic are worthy of the sack on their own, absolutely embarrassing. 

Just now, Paris 84 said:

How many times does the manager set the team up the same way, get the same result, set up with everyone behind the ball again, get skelped again and just repeat the same thing over and over? Trying the same thing repeatedly and expecting a different outcome is madness. He’s had his time, it’s time to step aside. His last four kickoffs against Celtic are worthy of the sack on their own, absolutely embarrassing. 

or maybe theyre just better than us just as theyre better than every other team in the league. I don't like it either but its just how it is

5 minutes ago, Doc Rob said:

I have all but given up coming on to JKB looking for anything but snippets of information. I post  infrequently now, just occasionally if I have some info to offer or to have a bit of a laugh in some of the more amusing threads in the Shed. Anything else is just continual moaning and whining over the same subjects day in day out. NOTHING anyone says on here is going to change anything about the way things are for Hearts just now. That can only come from those in charge. I will continue to support my club as best I can.