Now that's the Hearts we want to see

vegas-voss

Superb performance and you can see we could become even better imo.So many good displays.Im just happy for the whole team and I hope we now run with this result and performance cause we are a dam good side.

alicante jambo
Just now, vegas-voss said:

Superb performance and you can see we could become even better imo.So many good displays.Im just happy for the whole team and I hope we now run with this result and performance cause we are a dam good side.

Brilliant post mate. 

Much much better tonight, players were on the same wavelength for most of the game and it showed. Loved seeing us play with a bit of swagger again for the first time in a long time

I still worry about fitness and concentration levels, especially this early in the season.  They were ghosting past us in the last 20 mins.  Better teams will hammer us.

We have a great squad,  with alot of experience now, and the bit youth we need( Hickey was superb tonight). We really need to kick on from this. Got it spot on tonight apart from conceding goal. Totally deserved result tonight 🇱🇻

Great performance tonight. For 60-65 mins we bossed that game playing some really nice stuff along the way! 

New Goalie looks the part! Berra looked back to Normal, Halkett is a brilliant signing, Smith is just Mr Consistent (player of the year for me) Hickey is just outstanding! Best prospect since Gordon. Washington was brilliant and Irving was in and out off game, Mulraney was outstanding in stages. I worry a bit about Clare (when is he gonna arrive!?) 

Whilst I think it’s time for Craig Levein I want this for him more than anyone! The interview before the game I thought he looked broken and it’s clear he was hurting badly!  The guys bleeds maroon! 

Anyway the past is the past. There wasn’t a bad player on that starting line up tonight and last week there wasn’t, We have a real good squad with some outstanding youngsters and we really really needed that tonight! 

Now we f****** go!! 

Absolute Scenes
2 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

I still worry about fitness and concentration levels, especially this early in the season.  They were ghosting past us in the last 20 mins.  Better teams will hammer us.

Have to agree mate

feckin frustrates the life of me watching our players jolt to one side while they dance round us. Specifically up top, I love Washington but man I wanted him to bust a gut at the end, put the defence under more pressure. But good foundations to build on, Hibs crapping it too 😎

kingantti1874
5 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

we did tire, Whelan, Haring, Souttar and Naismith will help though .

I am a levein basher and have been since about January. However, if he gets his players playing like that most weeks, I cannot complain. It wasn't always quality tonight but every player was at it and gave their all, that is all I ask. If players give their all in defeat, I can't complain. 

Hopefully he has turned a corner tonight because to be honest I can't be ****ed with another transitional period where as another manager comes in and gets another season to get his ideas across before being sacked again.

9 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

Yep.

Sexton Hardcastle

Only have to have been on the match thread to see what we’re up against with our own support even when playing well.

Guys calling for berra to pack it in, Damour to gtf, Claire being Claire.

A bloody good night and all should take the dwarves credit but it will be daggers out next weekend as per normal.

kingantti1874
1 minute ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Have to agree mate

feckin frustrates the life of me watching our players jolt to one side while they dance round us. Specifically up top, I love Washington but man I wanted him to bust a gut at the end, put the defence under more pressure. But good foundations to build on, Hibs crapping it too 😎

Washington was absolutely knackered.. he put in some shift

gorgie al 1960

this team will be as good as it wants to be - this  passing game will get better in time and we have potentially some amazing players to make us proud

8 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Absolutely no idea what game you were watching tbh

alicante jambo
Just now, Absolute Scenes said:

Have to agree mate

Mate he was knackered. Ground was heavy he ran his heart out.

Not been a huge fan of Levein but if he can get a tune out of the side like that then I'll be happy with a very positive outlook for the season

I thought we were different class in the first half.

The pitch made the game a bit more scrappy as Motherwell reverted to type 2nd half but we remained composed and professional.

Everyone played well. Hickey and Smith were immense. Berra & Halkett were solid. Irving was excellent and Washington ran his socks off and got his goal.

Fantastic team performance and result.

12 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

That was much better zipping the ball about fantastic pace movement loved watching us tonight. Hopefully we keep the same formation moving forward big uche should be an impact player when it’s not working bring him on 

We are a far better team without him hate to say it but it’s true.

Hickey Irving Washington smith fantastic tonight 

The likes of Damour will need game time to get back to match sharpness, he looks decent but the mistake for the goal I'd put down to not having played much football. 

I’ve bitched and moaned on here for weeks, tonight was better. 

Positives: 

Hickey, Halkett, Washington Smith and Mulraney where decent. Hickey was levels above decent but everyone knows that. Washington offers so, so, so, so much more than Uche. 

Shape was “the shape”. 4231 is our shape. The players we have suit it and it gives us WIDTH. allows us to press higher up the pitch when we don’t have the ball and means we have over loads when we attack. DO NOT CHANGE IT. Naismith in the 10 😍😍😍😍

A bit of bottle shown as well. 

Things to work on. 

Fitness worries me. How can we be blowing with twenty to go. Some coming back from injuries etc have excuses but the full side looks below the required level of fitness. 

Shape. Don’t ever play 442. When we dropped deep we went 442 with MacLean and Washington and it gave Motherwell loads of ball and we surrendered the midfield. 

Goalkeeper had a few dodgey moments. First game, horrible conditions, new team etc etc. He gets away with it tonight. 

Overall. A great win at a very difficult venue. It was a lot more comfortable then we all probably thought but that comes with watching Hearts. 

*edit. Irving and Clare where very decent as well. Another dent in the Clare hides myth. Boy missed a pen but never hide and got stuck in. 

Edited by busby1985

2 minutes ago, Diego10 said:

Absolutely no idea what game you were watching tbh

3 minutes ago, gorgie al 1960 said:

this team will be as good as it wants to be - this  passing game will get better in time and we have potentially some amazing players to make us proud

It will for sure but for me we need a fit walker and Naismith cause there ain’t many goal scorers in the team and they 2 are going to score 

The passing and movement in the first half was fantastic 

Souttar, Whelan, Naismith and Meshino to add to tonight's team. And with Damour looking good and getting fitter and sharper the more he plays. Feeling optimistic for a good season.

Much improved performance but we must do this every week not every three months also makes a change from the usual long ball to uche

Captain Sausage
14 minutes ago, Gambo said:

First half should be the minimum expected of a Hearts team.

Job done though.

We should be expecting to beat teams 4-0 away from home as a minimum?

Weird flex but ok. 

Stephen Muddie

Suspected as much. Good Hearts cup performance. Much better all round. 

Approach each match in the same manner and we won't lose many.

And we failed to win with him.   Good signs that the pattern is busted.    It's up to Naisy to start making the same impression... which he will.

I'm excited and think this could be the best team in years.   You can see the potential and the new signings are not match fit,  but some real quality in the squad.     I reckon we're a few weeks away yet,  but let's just relax, cut them a bit of slack and I'm sure we're going to be enjoying plenty of good football this season. 

Unknown user

Of course, the very smart and handsome among us were saying only a week ago that everything's in place, we're so close to clicking. 

:verysmug:

I really hope we kick on, we deserve it as a support, the players deserve it as for their work and Craig Levein and all the back room staff deserve to see it all starting to pay off.

That was good, we deserved that, now onwards and upwards!

avhudtheteeshirt

Hickey was unbelievable tonight, his covering in the full back area was superb, and his overlapping was a delight.

Damour also looks like a real find, his passing at times is fantastic.

Halkett at the back is starting to make the back line gel, his clearing headers always seem to clear well outside the box.

Washington ran himself into the ground, then got up and ran again.

Mulraney was electric, his running is great to watch and a nightmare for defenders.

All in all, we looked a lot more potent than we have since the start of the season!!!!

5 minutes ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

Only have to have been on the match thread to see what we’re up against with our own support even when playing well.

A bloody good night and all should take the dwarves credit but it will be daggers out next weekend as per normal.

We’re our own worst enemy as fans. Screaming about what’s wrong but rarely shouting about what’s right. Tonight we pushed to get ahead and then Fought to stay there when the home tean(naturally) went for it in second half. Four forwards but we showed we could dig in. I’m happy with that level of application and Levien should now be talking about tonight as the new benchmark. Happy for the first time this season, Poe it’s not the last.

13 minutes ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

Most likely f these clowns are Hibs or bitter old arseholes who will never be happy. Damour was outstanding tonight btw 

Tough cup tie away from home in horrendous conditions without Naismith & Souttar? Yes please! 

I thought we were excellent 1st half & professional 2nd half. Even the subs were spot on,  especially White to help out a tiring Hickey. 

Rocky jamboa

Great result and performance. What a difference from last week. Should have won by more. Played some nice football. Got a strong squad now, especially if the Japanese boy comes in. 

17 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

we did tire, Whelan, Haring, Souttar and Naismith will help though .

All those still to come in or back, lovely.