Congratulations, Conor Washington

tartofmidlothian

9 hours ago, Jambo, Goodbye said:

Him and Naismith as our front two please! 

Let's just forget two up front and when Naismith is fit he plays the number 10 role in the 4231 formation we played last night.We have something that works let's roll with it.

Jambof3tornado
9 hours ago, Fort Vallance said:

Looks like a proper all round centre forward. Even when he drifts wide !

I thought he looked very good coming in from the wide areas.

I assume he is now on pens after Clares miss so might help him build up his goals tally.

Angry Haggis

Was a very good performance for the lad. Came across well also in his post match interview. Looking forward to watching him this season. Excellent. 

His work rates incredible and just needed a goal. Hopefully one from open play soon will now follow. Thought we tried to play football tonight without uche being a target man. Much much better. 

The prospect of naisy, Whelan and the man city boy still to slot in is an exciting one 

Jambo, Goodbye
38 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

Let's just forget two up front and when Naismith is fit he plays the number 10 role in the 4231 formation we played last night.We have something that works let's roll with it.

I'm not sure if you watched it but a penalty and super Smith strike apart,  we still didn't create many real chances.

Well keeper was barely tested.

Naismith is our best finisher, let's play him near the goal. 

Love the way he works for the team and never hides, or gives up, he is a great example to others. Whether he is prolific or not, he will create for others with the right partner and/or support from midfield. First name on team sheet for me and a fans favourite in the making. Well done all last night.

On 17/08/2019 at 07:58, Baxfee said:

He needs a song 

We sang the Kyle Lafferty song and changed the name at the well game. Not 7ft one

Tom Hardy’s Dug
On 17/08/2019 at 07:53, Skacelsid said:

Love the way he works for the team and never hides, or gives up, he is a great example to others. Whether he is prolific or not, he will create for others with the right partner and/or support from midfield. First name on team sheet for me and a fans favourite in the making. Well done all last night.

To be fair Uche works just as hard for the team and never hides but Washington has better ability.

They say Scotland is physical but the training some of these boys in England must do is something else. Even smaller guys are ripped. Defoe another example.

Our young boys need to take this on board.

On 17/08/2019 at 07:45, Jambo, Goodbye said:

I'm not sure if you watched it but a penalty and super Smith strike apart,  we still didn't create many real chances.

Well keeper was barely tested.

Naismith is our best finisher, let's play him near the goal. 

I’d agree that a 4-2-3-1 looks like our best formation given the players available. What we lack is that player to play the killer pass to open a team up. Naismith can be that players as can Walker. And I can see Anthony Macdonald coming in and playing that role too.

On 16/08/2019 at 22:12, Barack said:

Built like a brick shit-house too. Deceptively strong. Intelligent, and quick.

The same work colleague who rates Whelan very highly also rates Conor in the same esteem.

fabienleclerq
On 17/08/2019 at 07:58, Baxfee said:

He needs a song 

At Aberdeen he had one similar to the lacazette one