Andy Irving

JamboCampbell

Hungry hippo
32 minutes ago, Doc Rob said:

Cochrane broke into the first team at 16. He isn’t 18 yet, is he? Time is on his side. A loan deal might be good for him this year.

Absolutely. Irving is 19 and has just broke into the team. Nothing to stop them both having great careers.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jambof3tornado

• JamboCampbell

• Kiwidoug

• Finlay James

RealMaroonCF

Love this guys Beckham style corners.

Brilliant. Drilled and straight....we haven't had a corner take in years !

I wasnt a fan but certain things make a player really valuable. Well done andy

The Internet

Called it when he got a wee run in the team a couple of years ago. Wasn't quite ready then but he's quality. So composed. 

Midloth_Iain
2 hours ago, JamboCampbell said:

Lets get that Trending!

Na ...

the Dalry Redondo

😂

QUALITY ! 

From this distance, we've got the strongest squad we've had since at least 2006.  Meshino will hopefully add to it.

Would love to think there's a Robbo and a Cruickshank coming through the system.

The side going to Celtic Patk will be very strong but by no means our strongest.  Great opportunity for a young guy like Irving.  Nothing to fear.

Can't believe how happy I am compared to 8 days ago.

Cathro’s Da

What a player this boy has the potential to become! His awareness to pick out a pass tonight considering the conditions was second to none.

His place to lose now.

my MOTM!

14 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

How longs his contract got?

Quality player and a big Jambo too. 

Your 2nd sentence will have me enjoying a Heineken in 30 minutes while I'm watching Call the Midwife.  If the wife complains I'm blaming you.😂❤❤❤

Fantastic first half. Thought, like our other midfielders he dropped out of it in second half but don’t think the conditions helped him with the ball slowing in the water it was difficult to pass the ball

Maybe I’m overreacting but he’s honestly one of the best teenagers I’ve seen. It’s like watching Pirlo - he’s cool as ****. He’ll play at the top level one day.

Ye"know, I really should get along to more Hearts games. I feel I might be missing something special. Aye maybe I'll mosey along. 

StevenNaismith

His loan spell at Falkirk really brought him on, was easily their best player when I went to watch him. Always been a terrific passer of the ball, only issue he’s ever had is pace. Deserves to keep his place for next weekend, he had a great game at Celtic Park in May so won’t faze him playing there. A really nice boy and a huge Jambo, what’s not to like?

Solid as a rock physically, and looks to be a great talent. Think he will be played sparingly which will be good for him. Looks a fantastic prospect.

13 minutes ago, StevenNaismith said:

His loan spell at Falkirk really brought him on, was easily their best player when I went to watch him. Always been a terrific passer of the ball, only issue he’s ever had is pace. Deserves to keep his place for next weekend, he had a great game at Celtic Park in May so won’t faze him playing there. A really nice boy and a huge Jambo, what’s not to like?

🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻 Indeed

5 hours ago, Marriott said:

Agreed, it's a shame he'll be subbed for Whelan instead of the undroppable Clare.

Still, his time will come, what potential ...

All 3 are different players.

7 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

From this distance, we've got the strongest squad we've had since at least 2006.  Meshino will hopefully add to it.

Would love to think there's a Robbo and a Cruickshank coming through the system.

The side going to Celtic Patk will be very strong but by no means our strongest.  Great opportunity for a young guy like Irving.  Nothing to fear.

Can't believe how happy I am compared to 8 days ago.

I was thinking after last night we have a better team now than the cup final and Celtic for me are weaker.So if we can put in the performance of the cup final we have absolutely nothing to fear.Got to just get past the mindset of going to Parkhead though and being scared of it.

Positive; Good technical player, intelligent,  movers the ball well and set pieces are decent. Surprised he was left out last week and didn't at least come off the bench.

Negative; Lost out on a few 50/50's that allowed Motherwell to break on us. One such tackle he missed led to Damour taking a booking as he came in to sort out the trouble. Will hopefully get better in that respect especially in the hustle and bustle of Premiership football. 

KyleLafferty

I didn’t see much of the game but in there was a moment in the first half, he won the ball, done a boy then sprayed a 45 yard pass straight to Mulraneys feet. Nothing to go wow but was something I don’t see from many hearts players. Encouraging signs.

Really small thing but did anyone else notice the quick free kick he took mid first half? Popped the ball on the ground, no step up, pinged it 50 yards to Smith (I think) like a bullet, accurate to the inch.

The kid has massive talent. Knuckles down, learns the discipline side of the sport and gets to his top possible physicality and we've a top top player here. Like proper top! Same goes for Hickey. And guys in the club keep telling me Connor Smith is the best of the lot! Jings!

Finlay James
3 hours ago, Deans Jambo said:

Positive; Good technical player, intelligent,  movers the ball well and set pieces are decent. Surprised he was left out last week and didn't at least come off the bench.

Negative; Lost out on a few 50/50's that allowed Motherwell to break on us. One such tackle he missed led to Damour taking a booking as he came in to sort out the trouble. Will hopefully get better in that respect especially in the hustle and bustle of Premiership football. 

I thought in contrast with Irving, Damour was really poor last night.  I know that hes probably getting up to speed with match fitness but for a guy who's played at a good level, I thought his awareness and decision making was off the pace.

LarrysRightFoot

The next Baggio. Wants a little too long on the ball (thinks everyone should play at his pace). But he’s just learning. Definitely a talent.

4 hours ago, KyleLafferty said:

I didn’t see much of the game but in there was a moment in the first half, he won the ball, done a boy then sprayed a 45 yard pass straight to Mulraneys feet. Nothing to go wow but was something I don’t see from many hearts players. Encouraging signs.

A minute later he followed it up with a great through ball. The movement of players in front of him will allow us to get the most from him.

Suspect that going out on loan (might be twice now?) has helped him. Given the number of players competing for central midfield positions, I think Cochrane should be sent on loan with the hope that he kicks on in the same way.

Jambof3tornado
13 hours ago, Pistol1874 said:

A couple of tremendous passes tonight and another with significant potential.

I really like watching this boy play.

His ball to mulraney on the wing was tremendous!!!

Jambof3tornado
2 hours ago, Finlay James said:

I thought in contrast with Irving, Damour was really poor last night.  I know that hes probably getting up to speed with match fitness but for a guy who's played at a good level, I thought his awareness and decision making was off the pace.

He was hampered by his yellow card. Thought he played well considering.

Give him 8 games then judge him.

good to hear he is taking his chance in the side. at 19 he will lose form and need rested, but just now if he is performing leave him in

Irving and Hickey for me are two of the best players I've seen come through the ranks in a long time! I'd love to see the majority of our young lads loan out or play for us and build the basis of a great, young Scottish side in the future! 

Finlay James
1 hour ago, Jambof3tornado said:

He was hampered by his yellow card. Thought he played well considering.

Give him 8 games then judge him.

Dont get me wrong, it's clear he's a good player but I thought he had an off night

The lad played fantastic tonight, but the over reaction to one very good performance is scary, typical of JKB actually 

if and when Andy Irving has a bad game in the future the same punters will be slaughtering the poor lad

It takes time and patience to develop football talent, let’s not expect too much too soon, and that goes for every single one of our young players.

(including Euan Henderson who many have completely written off after a couple of poor games, the lad is 17)

tolcross lad

C

6 minutes ago, Jambo647 said:

The lad played fantastic tonight, but the over reaction to one very good performance is scary, typical of JKB actually 

if and when Andy Irving has a bad game in the future the same punters will be slaughtering the poor lad

It takes time and patience to develop football talent, let’s not expect too much too soon, and that goes for every single one of our young players.

(including Euan Henderson who many have completely written off after a couple of poor games, the lad is 17)

Could not agree more.Andy showed up well when on loan to Berwick Rangers.It was a good grounding.I think for some time now apart from Hickey that he is the most likely to make it from the current group of hopefuls.Its not an easy game this -to make it and he has still got a lot of work to do.He needs particularily to work on the defensive side of his game and winning loose and 2nd balls.

Great attitude,Portie lad and a Jambo.I really hope that he makes it.

5 hours ago, Sub4TiddlerMurray said:

Miles better than Clare at the mo and should definitely start ahead of him.

For the life of me I just cannot understand why Levein persists with Clare!

As usual he showed the occasional glimpse of talent but again as usual he drifted out of the game in the second half when we needed him most.

3 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

For the life of me I just cannot understand why Levein persists with Clare!

As usual he showed the occasional glimpse of talent but again as usual he drifted out of the game in the second half when we needed him most.

Total Passenger.

tolcross lad
10 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Total Passenger.

I would not describe him as that .He linked up play and held onto possession in difficult situations but there is a softness to his play(the other end of the scale being the likes of Smith Halkett and Washington). We are still not creating enough chances.Its going to be interesting to see whether Clare retains his place when the new recruits get up to speed.

Had a great game.

But let’s face it, and rightly so, there is no way Whelan isn’t playing at Celtic next week.

A few decisions to be made....