Walker ( broken leg ) and Naismith

NB GIN

Bridge of Djoum
On 16/08/2019 at 17:34, NB GIN said:

Totally delighted we won more delighted at the performance, the point I am making is they are just constantly injured. Not insulting walker who I am a big fan off just making the point ( sorry if it offends you) that the 2 of them are just constantly injured. 

Am I imagining this ? 

5F44E1EC-4FFE-4D94-8BCF-8994B3FC2D09.jpeg

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• cosanostra

• NB GIN

• Robbo-Jambo

• jock _turd

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

33 minutes ago, Marvin said:

At least it's only the fibula. I've done both the fibula and the tibula  and was fecked for over 3 months.

Get well soon Jamie.

Correcting my post.

1 minute ago, ri Alban said:

This. If it wasn't for bad luck, we'd have no luck at all.

The boy puts in a tackle and some arseholes give him stick. Pathetic!

Exactly. Folk (me too) are quick to jump on Walkers back for a perceived lack of effort, him doing defensive work is obviously the opposite of that and he's clearly putting in a shift for the team. 

Its a bowker he's got injured but we deal with it and move on. He's done nothing wrong and folk are being ridiculous. 

Gutted for the lad.

When will these injuries end!? Walker's was just unlucky but this has been going on for a while. Are the players too soft? Is training on astro-turf something to do with it? It feels like every player has had injuries this last year or so. Souttar, Berra, Naismith, Haring, Cochrane, Morrison, Uche, Wighton, Garuccio, Lee, Smith, Brandon, Walker and others, it's never-ending! I predict more injuries after Parkhead on Saturday. Maybe we need to look at the training and physical side of it. Are we lacking something? Are they strong enough? The injuries never seem to look too bad on first sight but weeks, months out is hard to take. Get well soon Jamie.

Edited by jambonian

The Apprentice
50 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

Absolute waste of time, far too fragile and injury prone. Cut our losses and get rid, really pisses me off all these injuries.

Maybe we need a squad of 77, 7 for each position, 4 get injured but we'll still have cover, unless they all get the flu on the same weekend, or break a finger nail of course. 

Are you for real? Any player would be ‘injury prone’ if someone volleyed them in the back of the leg. It’s a full on impact injury which you can do very little about, it’s a contact sport. 

Tough luck for Jamie, quite impressed he came back on and tried to run off a broken leg. Pretty sure John Cumming would have finished the 90, but never mind that now.

We missed Jamie in the Well match, think we need him or Naismith or maybe this Japanese dude to keep us going forward.

Has anyone blamed the medical staff yet? That usually happens when someone gets injured during a game. 

Hard on Jamie and hope he recovers quickly. Great opportunity for the Ryo and some of the younger lads. 

Leveins Battalion

Morrison and Walker out so we need another right midfielder,plus if anything happens to Washington and with Uche being off form we need another striker,preferably someone with a bit presence and can hold the ball up.

Would imagine we will see some departures soon,Zlamal probably away back home,Henderson on loan,Lee back down south.If Wighton wasn't injured aswell he would be away I think.Garrucio wont get a sniff now.

Weve still to really use the loan market also.

Big Slim Stylee
3 hours ago, Badonde said:

another silly singing by Levein.  Walker is made of plastic

Stupid, stupid comment, made even more stupid by your spelling.

I’m upset for Walker. Started as if he had a point to prove and that’s cruel luck. He’ll be frustrated to say the least.

50 minutes ago, jambonian said:

When will these injuries end!? Walker's was just unlucky but this has been going on for a while. Are the players too soft? Is training on astro-turf something to do with it? It feels like every player has had injuries this last year or so. Souttar, Berra, Naismith, Haring, Cochrane, Morrison, Uche, Wighton, Garuccio, Lee, Smith, Brandon, Walker and others, it's never-ending! I predict more injuries after Parkhead on Saturday. Maybe we need to look at the training and physical side of it. Are we lacking something? Are they strong enough? The injuries never seem to look too bad on first sight but weeks, months out is hard to take. Get well soon Jamie.

The last year has been beyond belief with injuries, especially long term ones ☹️

Dallas Green

Puts in a great tackle and gets battered in the ankle for it causing a fracture yet some want to take a pop at him or CL for it.

If you are, you arent Hearts.

3 hours ago, Badonde said:

another silly singing by Levein.  Walker is made of plastic

What a crock of shite. Took a full force kick to the leg whilst defending a potential goal scoring opportunity. Blame Levein though.

7 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Why on earth was he allowed to play on ?

He might have said he was ok to carry on. I doubt levein would put someone at risk like that intentionally.

Out until December so could well be into new year before match ready. 

It didn't look great the other night when he didn't shake it off after a minute or two. 

2 hours ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

Yeah Walker one of our main goal threats though and Japanese lad unproven at any level. When we dont have natural goalscorer up front we are relying on Walker scoring a lot. Think we will need an addition to get us goals.

We've got Zanatta, Henderson. Morrison & McDonald can all play wide on the right

Edited by tcjambo

19 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

I would imagine he just thought it was an impact injury and tried to run it off. 

Can't blame the medical staff for not diagnosing the extent of the injury at the time. Hard to see a fracture without equipment 😂

1 minute ago, Bluesy1874 said:

I would imagine he just thought it was an impact injury and tried to run it off. 

Can't blame the medical staff for not diagnosing the extent of the injury at the time. Hard to see a fracture without equipment 😂

Can't believe anyone could have said it was so bad at the time. Was surprised at time he had to go off. 

12 minutes ago, tcjambo said:

We've got Zanatta, Henderson. Morrison & McDonald can all play wide on the right

All not good enough Imo plain and simple

Unknown user
23 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Seriously? Because they (Jamie included) didn't think it was that big a deal, that it was a knock that could be run off, same as we see several times in every game of football.

Unknown user
3 minutes ago, Barack said:

BECAUSE OF THEIR SHITE X-RAY VISION! 

What else could it be...?!

Levein's fault there's no magic stick

CloustonHMFC
6 minutes ago, Barack said:

BECAUSE OF THEIR SHITE X-RAY VISION! 

What else could it be...?!

Sack the board. Imagine not bringing in medical staff without x-ray vision 

6 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Levein's fault there's no magic stick

Not being able to see the future is severely limiting us as a football club.

Should be number 1 on the job requirement. 

Real shame this and further bad luck. 

4-2-3-1 feels like the formation moving forward with Walker as the link striker. Unless Naismith gets fit soon I’m not sure who else can play that role. Japanese lad is a few weeks away and maybe not his position anyway. Clare perhaps? But I think where he played on a Friday night is perfect for him. 

Feels like we have quite a few players for most positions now but the link striker and right back areas are thin. 

Brighton Jambo
20 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

The idea that Naismith, great player that he is,  will still be kicking a ball about in 2 or 3 years beggars belief. Giving him a 4 year contract was crazy. 

What if he said 4 year contract or I’m not coming?  We have to offer longer deals to get these better players.  2/3 years of a good Naismith more than offsets perhaps a bit part forth years especially with his experience and presence.  

Unknown user
21 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

The idea that Naismith, great player that he is,  will still be kicking a ball about in 2 or 3 years beggars belief. Giving him a 4 year contract was crazy. 

His game's always been about smarts, not pace, not running power, and he's a model pro.

If there's one player in his 30s in Scotland that I'd say is likely to still be kicking a ball in 3 years' time, it's Naismith.

alicante jambo
1 hour ago, Big Slim Stylee said:

Stupid, stupid comment, made even more stupid by your spelling.

I’m upset for Walker. Started as if he had a point to prove and that’s cruel luck. He’ll be frustrated to say the least.

Good post. Pretty gutted for him he was starting to play well too but he will come back from this and im sure all us jambos wisdh him a speedy recovery.

kingantti1874
3 hours ago, innerjambo said:

Absolute waste of time, far too fragile and injury prone. Cut our losses and get rid, really pisses me off all these injuries.

Maybe we need a squad of 77, 7 for each position, 4 get injured but we'll still have cover, unless they all get the flu on the same weekend, or break a finger nail of course. 

what a seriously idiotic post.. your not alone of course. 

Hungry hippo
1 hour ago, VALDOS' said:

Out until December so could well be into new year before match ready. 

It didn't look great the other night when he didn't shake it off after a minute or two. 

When the club say 3 months they mean 3 months until ready to play. They'll be expecting him back in the team mid-November and the good thing about a fracture is that recovery is more clear cut than other injuries.

59 minutes ago, Smithee said:

His game's always been about smarts, not pace, not running power, and he's a model pro.

If there's one player in his 30s in Scotland that I'd say is likely to still be kicking a ball in 3 years' time, it's Naismith.

Yes, I appreciate that but I was thinking about the injuries he has had. 4 years just seems a bit of a gamble, unless there is a coaching element to it.

Unknown user
1 minute ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Yes, I appreciate that but I was thinking about the injuries he has had. 4 years just seems a bit of a gamble, unless there is a coaching element to it.

He's one of the good guys mate, he won't take the piss if he can't do it any more I'm sure. 

Just now, Smithee said:

He's one of the good guys mate, he won't take the piss if he can't do it any more I'm sure. 

Yes, I'm sure you're right. I think he's the type that would make a decent manager too.

1 hour ago, Brighton Jambo said:

What if he said 4 year contract or I’m not coming?  We have to offer longer deals to get these better players.  2/3 years of a good Naismith more than offsets perhaps a bit part forth years especially with his experience and presence.  

Yes, that's probably what has happened. The extra year helps to compensate for the drop in wages. 

Jambof3tornado
3 hours ago, colinmaroon said:

Excellent point!

It was a great bit of defensive covering and really hard on Jamie.

I'm liking the new jamie. Still full of skill but knows he isnt guaranteed a start(especially with a fractured fibula), therefore puts in a proper shift.

4 hours ago, innerjambo said:

There are no words...

1 hour ago, Muppetboy said:

All not good enough Imo plain and 

Based on what....McDonald been excellent in pre season, Morrison hot and cold last season, zanatta needs an end product. But to say they arent good enough is nonsense. Yet you are no doubt buzzing cos a Japanese boy is coming in you know nothing about.  Probably thought Uche was a sensation or Bozzy an Aussie international, Lee from England yet you are quite happy to write off an 18,19,21 yr old....

2 hours ago, manaliveits105 said:

He probably thought he could run it off and continue, and he had a damn good go at doing it. The lad’s commitment to Hearts since he came back cannot be questioned. Be nice if the fans all acknowledged and appreciated this. He’s just tried to run off a broken leg. That’s hardcore.

Can’t blame the physio for it either. As others have said, she didn’t run on with an x-ray machine under her arm.

20 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Yes, that's probably what has happened. The extra year helps to compensate for the drop in wages. 

I think that’s exactly it. 

Unknown user

11 minutes ago, amadjambo said:

He probably thought he could run it off and continue, and he had a damn good go at doing it. The lad’s commitment to Hearts since he came back cannot be questioned. Be nice if the fans all acknowledged and appreciated this. He’s just tried to run off a broken leg. That’s hardcore.

Can’t blame the physio for it either. As others have said, she didn’t run on with an x-ray machine under her arm.

Good post, he deserves a big pat on the back. I wasn't into him coming back but I can't argue with how he's put himself about. 

23 minutes ago, Naisysback said:

Based on what....McDonald been excellent in pre season, Morrison hot and cold last season, zanatta needs an end product. But to say they arent good enough is nonsense. Yet you are no doubt buzzing cos a Japanese boy is coming in you know nothing about.  Probably thought Uche was a sensation or Bozzy an Aussie international, Lee from England yet you are quite happy to write off an 18,19,21 yr old....

I am quite happy yes. Don’t care about their age they either have it or they don’t.  Bozanic is pish , uche has been sussed and lee, well he’s not great is he. Saying someone has been excellent pre season doesn’t automatically mean that transfers to the meaningful stuff. Hickey is the perfect indication of a youngster having the ability and no matter what age is able to demonstrate it in a pressure environment 

Walker with his injury ... could happen to any player on the pitch... however Naismith is made from some very brittle and fragile material and it was madness to  offer him that deal. Of course the deal could have been struck with CL knowing how injury prone he is and he has classed it a a one year deal because the rest of the time he will be injured?

Captain Sausage

Feel bad for Walker. He’s chased back and got a foot in to stop a very good chance of a Motherwell goal. 

Not something we’d have seen from a 2014 Jamie Walker. Hopefully comes back with a point to prove.