Walker ( broken leg ) and Naismith

NB GIN

1 minute ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Meshino or Naismith in for Walker, failing that we give McDonald a chance.

Not shitting myself just yet.  The squad has more depth this season and the youngsters are a year older and more experienced.  As it stands, Smith and Washington are the players who I fear missing most if they get injured.

I'm a lot less worried abour Smith getting injured now than I was say a fortnight ago.  White showed enough last week that he can cope at LB while Hickey is two footed and can slot in at RB.

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• cosanostra

• NB GIN

• Robbo-Jambo

• jock _turd

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

21 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Ffs had enough bad luck with injuries last season to last a lifetime. 

Looks like there is a danger of more shit this season. 

Souttar and Walker already and Naismith to a lesser extent, hopefully!!! 

How unlucky can we be. ☹️

That depends on what you view as 'luck' - we knew that JW and SN are injury prone so I don't think that you can suggest that them being out injured is purely down to bad luck.

If you bought a car that you knew had no brakes, and then crashed into the back of another car, would you suggest that it was bad luck?

Our injuries run is still going and it's brutal.    Never seems to be a break from it.     There was a time when losing a player like Walker would have been on a par with one of the great Hearts sides losing a Robertson,  Adam,  Hartley or Skacel.    But it is mark of this squad that I think we will be well covered and be able to cope well enough.

No more though,   please.    No ****ing more but.

5 minutes ago, skinnybob72 said:

That depends on what you view as 'luck' - we knew that JW and SN are injury prone so I don't think that you can suggest that them being out injured is purely down to bad luck.

If you bought a car that you knew had no brakes, and then crashed into the back of another car, would you suggest that it was bad luck?

Get what you are saying but it is unlucky they have been injured 2 or 3 games into the 3 main games of the season. 

Walkers injury was nothing to do with him being injury prone this time. 

1 minute ago, Barack said:

So what's Walker's excuse last night for his injury? Sabotage, I suppose? Brittle bone disease?

Exactly he was unlucky after making a crucial tackle. 

Nothing to do with his knees etc. 

Feel bad for the lad, I split my knee cap, recovered then broke my ankle.... It's a horrible feeling. Wish him a speedy recovery

Walker sacrificed himself last night to stop motherwell from scoring that's what i call a PHM he has tried his balls off since coming back to us sadly u will have a few who won't admit that and there judgement on him is clouded. 

chester copperpot
9 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Walker sacrificed himself last night to stop motherwell from scoring that's what i call a PHM he has tried his balls off since coming back to us sadly u will have a few who won't admit that and there judgement on him is clouded. 

Exactly right

Gavsy Van Gaverson
18 hours ago, NB GIN said:

These guys are just constantly injured I wondered how long we would last and both out now 

:bolt:

jack D and coke
19 hours ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Some were saying Walker hides too much??! Guy is constantly covering us, defensive cover. So pleased he’s back

He really gets the shit kicked out him, gets rough treatment. 

Dont think he’ll be out with that one, just took a heavy dunt. 

2 hours ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Ffs had enough bad luck with injuries last season to last a lifetime. 

Looks like there is a danger of more shit this season. 

Souttar and Walker already and Naismith to a lesser extent, hopefully!!! 

How unlucky can we be. ☹️

Incredible bad luck. The season's just started and we're already down four of our best players (don't forget Haring).

Edited by Ray Gin

1 hour ago, Ray Gin said:

Incredible bad luck. The season's just started and we're already down four of our best players (don't forget Haring).

Jesus, I have lost count already. 😕

1 hour ago, Ray Gin said:

You didn’t learn your lesson after your OP.

100 lines please.

Really don't see Walker as a first choice having seen him in the early games. He's a different player to 2/3 years ago and I think we have better options at number 10 and he doesn't have the engine to be an effective number 8. His days of being effective wide are gone because that requires more pace than he has. He is also an old 26 as he has played with chronic knee issues since his teens. I really don't know what position he was brought back to play. 

Jambof3tornado
4 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

The old jamie walker wouldnt have got injured last night...because he wouldnt have seen or reacted to the danger.

I've seen some change in his attitude this time round. Real competition for places plus a better mindset will do that to a player.

Hope he recovers a bit quicker than expected.

5 hours ago, NB GIN said:

Shall we pretend that they don't get injured as much as the other players  would that make you happier

You pretend what you like. I will just be grateful that we have signed two excellen players and will hope they stay as injury free as possible. Like a proper grown up Hearts supporter. 

5 hours ago, NB GIN said:

That's not what I am saying I am saying that they get some amount on injuries .... am I losing my mind here trying to explain this

:jj_facepalm:

The idea that Naismith, great player that he is,  will still be kicking a ball about in 2 or 3 years beggars belief. Giving him a 4 year contract was crazy. 

kingantti1874
Just now, Enzo Chiefo said:

The idea that Naismith, great player that he is,  will still be kicking a ball about in 2 or 3 years beggars belief. Giving him a 4 year contract was crazy. 

oh for **** sake.  Wheeshed

So we've played 3 league games and lost 3 players to injury, doing a fabulous job of keeping up with last years debacle. Looked an impossible task but we're making a decent fist of it tbf 

13 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

oh for **** sake.  Wheeshed

As they used to say up here in chilly jocko land ...."wheest your geggy man, you're slavering pish". Maybe you're right though, his knees and hamstrings may well pass an MOT in a couple of years but, to use the vernacular,  I hae ma doots. On a more serious note, hopefully,  someone is working out the financial implications of securing so many players on long term contracts that our next manager may well deem surplus to requirements. 

5 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Great post.  I wasn’t enamoured by his signing, but he’s proven me wrong and I’m happy to admit it.  His attitude has been exemplar and that tackle last night confirmed it.

1 hour ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

As they used to say up here in chilly jocko land ...."wheest your geggy man, you're slavering pish". Maybe you're right though, his knees and hamstrings may well pass an MOT in a couple of years but, to use the vernacular,  I hae ma doots. On a more serious note, hopefully,  someone is working out the financial implications of securing so many players on long term contracts that our next manager may well deem surplus to requirements. 

There won't be a next manager.

Not from outside the club anyway.

I feel sorry for you.  You must be knackered having been up all night trying to conjure up your usual negative posts.

Are folk genuinely having a go at players getting injured after taking one for the team?

It'll no surprise me as you'd need to have played football at any level to understand the game ,and it's clear from a good few supporter's on here they've never kicked a football

19 minutes ago, luckydug said:

I feel sorry for you.  You must be knackered having been up all night trying to conjure up your usual negative posts.

Keep it in house? That's the game. "Not from outside the club". What a parochial insight into how we have fallen into a pit of poor governance.  I feel sorry for you being hypnotised by all that garbage.

It should have been ten
2 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

:clyay:

:bolt:

3 hours ago, Jodami said:

Really don't see Walker as a first choice having seen him in the early games. He's a different player to 2/3 years ago and I think we have better options at number 10 and he doesn't have the engine to be an effective number 8. His days of being effective wide are gone because that requires more pace than he has. He is also an old 26 as he has played with chronic knee issues since his teens. I really don't know what position he was brought back to play. 

14 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Keep it in house? That's the game. "Not from outside the club". What a parochial insight into how we have fallen into a pit of poor governance.  I feel sorry for you being hypnotised by all that garbage.

Jesus mate we won and won well last night , not just a win but a far better performance. At least enjoy it for a few days then go back to hating life and Levein before the Celtic game. 😝

Guest ToqueJambo

I hope we don't risk Naismith against Celtic. Go 4-4-2 with Washington and Uche up front and Whelan and Damour in the middle with Mulraney and Clare either side, or just Washington up and a 5 man midfield with Irving in there as well. It's a game we're not expected to win so I'd rather we go for it and give Naismith a bit more time, or put him on the bench at least.

I fear for the mental health of a few posters on here, when this new squad clicks and Levein has us back at Hampden and challenging for Europe. Smugness guaranteed from me!

2 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

I fear for the mental health of a few posters on here, when this new squad clicks and Levein has us back at Hampden and challenging for Europe. Smugness guaranteed from me!

Let's wait and see 

13 minutes ago, sadj said:

Jesus mate we won and won well last night , not just a win but a far better performance. At least enjoy it for a few days then go back to hating life and Levein before the Celtic game. 😝

Hear hear.

1 hour ago, sadj said:

I don’t understand why you are having a go sadj, I've been nothing other than positive and complimentary about last night's performance on threads relating to the game. In a thread discussing a player I made a couple of observations and asked a question. I don't see that as being unreasonable. As a matter of interest, what position do you think Walker has been bought to play in and with our best 11 available do you see him as a first choice? 

Edited by Jodami

36 minutes ago, Jodami said:

I don’t understand why you are having a go sadj, I've been nothing other than positive and complimentary about last night's performance on threads relating to the game. In a thread discussing a player I made a couple of observations and asked a question. I don't see that as being unreasonable. As a matter of interest, what position do you think Walker has been bought to play in and with our best 11 available do you see him as a first choice? 

Didnt realise I’d even quoted you Jodami apologies was just a bit of banter for Enzo. Fat fingers must of caught the quote button☹️

As for your question. Brought in to be able to play anywhere in the 3behind the striker. I don’t necessarily see him as first choice in the 11 both him and Clare work their socks off and bring more attacking options but from what Iv seen far fully fit team (assuming Meshino is as advertised - and assuming Man City will expect him to play)

Pereira

Smith , Halkett/Souttar , Berra , Hickey/White

Whelan , Damour

Mulraney/Clare/Walker , Meshino , Naismith

Washington

subs : extras above plus Doyle Haring and Uche 

If not 4-2-3-1 then 4-1-3-2 Whelan behind Clare Meshino and Damour in the middle Hickey and Smith overlapping to give width and Naismith up top with Washington.

1 hour ago, sadj said:

Didnt realise I’d even quoted you Jodami apologies was just a bit of banter for Enzo. Fat fingers must of caught the quote button☹️

As for your question. Brought in to be able to play anywhere in the 3behind the striker. I don’t necessarily see him as first choice in the 11 both him and Clare work their socks off and bring more attacking options but from what Iv seen far fully fit team (assuming Meshino is as advertised - and assuming Man City will expect him to play)

Pereira

Smith , Halkett/Souttar , Berra , Hickey/White

Whelan , Damour

Mulraney/Clare/Walker , Meshino , Naismith

Washington

subs : extras above plus Doyle Haring and Uche 

If not 4-2-3-1 then 4-1-3-2 Whelan behind Clare Meshino and Damour in the middle Hickey and Smith overlapping to give width and Naismith up top with Washington.

No worries mate, I might be critical but I am happy to be fair!

I think that line up is pretty close to the first choice. Clare seems a certain pick as we are looking to develop him and increase his value and I would always pick Mulraney as pace wins games. Irving has to get games as well he is potentially the best passer at the club. Naismith playing off Washington could be a real threat against any team in the league. 

Be intrigued what the deal is with Meshino, can't see us agreeing to play him every week. Could be useful for opening teams up at Tynecastle and that is the next challenge for the team. 

I would like to see us keep a shape and play it every game, we might get beaten in Glasgow but when we go defensive we get turned over anyway so there's nothing to lose. 

1 hour ago, Jodami said:

No worries mate, I might be critical but I am happy to be fair!

I think that line up is pretty close to the first choice. Clare seems a certain pick as we are looking to develop him and increase his value and I would always pick Mulraney as pace wins games. Irving has to get games as well he is potentially the best passer at the club. Naismith playing off Washington could be a real threat against any team in the league. 

Be intrigued what the deal is with Meshino, can't see us agreeing to play him every week. Could be useful for opening teams up at Tynecastle and that is the next challenge for the team. 

I would like to see us keep a shape and play it every game, we might get beaten in Glasgow but when we go defensive we get turned over anyway so there's nothing to lose. 

Pace wins games? 

Football players win games and that's not a slant on mulraney as he's came on since he signed .

To sum it up Ivan sproule had bags of pace and hardly won a game in his life 😂😂

8 minutes ago, jambocub said:

Pace wins games? 

Football players win games and that's not a slant on mulraney as he's came on since he signed .

To sum it up Ivan sproule had bags of pace and hardly won a game in his life 😂😂

Yeah great example with Ivan Sproule, how about Kylian Mbappe, his pace was the key element in winning the greatest prize in the game last year! 

Look at the penalty last night, a goal out of nothing because we have someone with pace running in behind. The difference of having Washington up front with pace is enormous. When you have attackers with pace defenders don't know whether to go tight or stand off, it helps the entire team. At the other end Hickey's defensive covering pace negated Motherwell's principal threat. 

i wish jj was my dad
9 hours ago, luckydug said:

Weekend ruined so he us desperately trying to find something  negative to wheenge about.

11 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Steven Naismith is the next manager.

been here before
5 hours ago, Jambothump said:

Naismith will be our next manager, just remember when you heard this !

From dozens of other posters, mates, people at the game and finally you?

2 hours ago, been here before said:

All to the good then ?

1 hour ago, been here before said:

😂

Jamie walker just posted on his Instagram that he will miss the next few months with a fracture... another season of injuries it’s looking like

heartsfc_fan
4 minutes ago, Gary Locke said:

Jamie walker just posted on his Instagram that he will miss the next few months with a fracture... another season of injuries it’s looking like

Oh ffs

Just seen the news on Walker.

plus side this isn’t a recurring injury. He took one for the team here.

Deffo not what we wanted so early in the season. Hope this isn’t another season that’s going to be defined by us getting injuries.

Edited by D4nny_