Walker ( broken leg ) and Naismith

NB GIN

CloustonHMFC

He busted a gut to put in a last ditch challenge to stop a shot and took a sore one. Nothing to say he’s actually injured, could just be in pain.

As for Naismith, he could have played tonight but was rested as a precaution. Should see him next weekend. 

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• cosanostra

• NB GIN

• Robbo-Jambo

• jock _turd

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, NB GIN said:

Totally delighted we won more delighted at the performance, the point I am making is they are just constantly injured. Not insulting walker who I am a big fan off just making the point ( sorry if it offends you) that the 2 of them are just constantly injured. 

Am I imagining this ? 

Haha you're not offending me, but the reason Walker went off isn't anything to do with him always being injured!! He's taken a kick, likely precaution, but that could have been any of our players that took that kick, you wouldnt have mentioned it if it was Smith.

Just an odd thread to start. 

Anyway, great result, very positive display and into the next round of the cup 👍

2 hours ago, cosanostra said:

Looked a sore one.

Naismith is so good that he's worth the risk.

Genuinely no idea what the point in signing Walker was. Injuries have broken him and he's a fraction of the player he was. Hoping Ryo will arrive and hit the ground running.

I thought Walker was having a good game until his injury.  Linked up well with Conor and we didn't look as effective up front after Jamie went off.

9 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

You're watching a different Walker. Two goals this season already, gets into good forward positions from midfield, and shows MUCH more desire and bite in his defensive duties and all round play than he did in his latter months at Hearts. Might not be the player he was when he was getting 10 or 14 goals a season but he's definitely a better player than the one who left us so far.

Great assessment but won’t go down well with the moany brigade. 

chester copperpot

Anyone  moaning about this injury really doesn't get football.

Ge injured himself potentially saving us a goal.

Ffs.

:rofl:

On Walkers general play and attitude, it seems obvious to me that when those around him put in a shift, so does Jamie, if not, he's doesn't try a leg. It's worth noting our new signings in midfield are recognised for running through brick walls and I think that will only help Jamie. 

I'm quietly confident he will have a bloody good season and hopefully grow up a little.

11 hours ago, Hungry hippo said:

If someone kicked any player like that they would probably go off. Well done Jamie for tracking back and taking one for the team.

This.

13 hours ago, Hungry hippo said:

If someone kicked any player like that they would probably go off. Well done Jamie for tracking back and taking one for the team.

Yes, I saw him doing something similar at the game last week v Ross Co. Was quite surprised to see him track back. Good on him though.

Walkers injury would of happened to anybody . It’s not his knee

Naismiths is simply  a niggle that can often happen to players coming back

that's it really. In a nutshell. 

The White Cockade
1 minute ago, 1971fozzy said:

Walkers injury would of happened to anybody . It’s not his knee

Naismiths is simply  a niggle that can often happen to players coming back

that's it really. In a nutshell. 

yup Walker got booted on the heel/achilles

anybody else would have had to go off as well after that

11 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

Walkers injury would of happened to anybody .

I think you mean "have".

Agree with the points.

Edited by mre

upgotheheads

Naismith is very important to how we perform on the park partly because of his personality and leadership. Walker less so, in fact I'm not sure they make a good pairing, especially if it's at the expense of Mulraney or Irving.

If Naismith gets back to full fitness then I think Walker will be back-up to him. If the Japanese boy comes in then even more so.

Walker was just unlucky and he made a crucial tackle. 

Dont think he is up to full match fitness yet but he is working a lot harder off the ball and knows he has to win over the fans and I think he will. 

13 hours ago, Hungry hippo said:

Absolutely! I have real sympathy for Jamie if he is going to be out for a long period.

38 minutes ago, mre said:

I think you mean "have".

Agree with the points.

I’m always getting ‘of’ and ‘have’ mixed up

14 hours ago, NB GIN said:

These guys are just constantly injured I wondered how long we would last and both out now 

Walker’s injury was a result of being brave enough to get in the road. Hardly a case of being a glass man and lacking durability. 

Full on boot to the ankle area is unfortunate. It’s even worse in that scenario as the attacking player doesn’t know he’s coming and isn’t pulling out the shot.

chester copperpot
13 minutes ago, mre said:

Fare enough 😄

It's fair (I know it isn't)

Edited by chester copperpot

Spoiler

If Meshino joins I can see Naismith playing up top with Washington. I think that would be quite a partnership

Perraira

Smith      Halkett.   Soutter        Hickey

Whelan      Damour

Meshino          Irving           Mulraney

Washington  Naismith 

And any mix of the following on the bench:-

White

Berra

Uche

Walker

Doyle

Clare

Cochrane

Macdonald

Dikamona

Bozanic

Thats quite a squad!!! For me more than good enough for 3rd and should be pushing for 2nd. 

Edited by Mdoug79

14 hours ago, NB GIN said:

These guys are just constantly injured I wondered how long we would last and both out now 

What stupid point is it you are trying to make. 

Walker, as has been pointed out was injured making a great tackle. Naismith is coming back from a long term injury and is often the case has picked up what is hopefully a minor hamstring issue. 

Is it only ex international players that are immune from injury that you want us to sign. 

alicante jambo
7 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

Walker and Naismith are fine for next week. Naismith could have made the bench, but we have big game next week.

Do you know that for fact mate? Was worried about walker.

Coburg Hearts
15 hours ago, MMHearts said:

Go away. 

Seconded, bet he can't wait until next Sunday to put the boot in again.

16 hours ago, NB GIN said:

This thread illustrates the negativity of some people.

A good victory away, against a decent team, in horrible playing conditions and he's scratching around to find something downbeat to say.

You couldn't make it up.

Stephen Muddie
29 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

JW out for 6 weeks.  

Not good news. Barring a repeat of last season's crock list we're pretty well covered now

Just shows you what people make up on here as one saying he’s fine and one saying he’s out for 6 weeks 

Looking at the injury I’m siding with him being out for a few good weeks unfortunately

Edited by theshed

26 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

This thread illustrates the negativity of some people.

A good victory away, against a decent team, in horrible playing conditions and he's scratching around to find something downbeat to say.

You couldn't make it up.

Its nothing downbeat its just too many over sensitive individuals living these days (snowflakes)

The point is they are always injured nothing nasty in this just stating the obvious.

I wish they were not injured because they are 2 fantastic players but it pains me to watch these 2 with constant injuries.

We were fantastic last night, was well impressed with the football and hopefully walker and Naismith can keep fit as we are a much better team with them in it.

This thread is not about being negative its about the reality of the injuries WITH THESE 2 PLAYERS

3 minutes ago, Barack said:

Ligaments. ******* things.

He done his job last night, in making that tackle. Just one of those things. Good job the Japanese Messi is on his way to fill a wee void. Along with Dario Z.

I'd be the first in the past to slate JW in the past, but he was back to something like what we know he's capable of last night. 

Hairline fracture , bud. 

2 hours ago, Jocam2325 said:

What stupid point is it you are trying to make. 

Walker, as has been pointed out was injured making a great tackle. Naismith is coming back from a long term injury and is often the case has picked up what is hopefully a minor hamstring issue. 

Is it only ex international players that are immune from injury that you want us to sign. 

Shall we pretend that they don't get injured as much as the other players  would that make you happier

4 minutes ago, Barack said:

How can you legislate for him tackling someone, making an important challenge, and doing his ankle? 

It's a freak occurrence, that 9 other outfield players could've suffered doing the same thing last night. It's not exclusive to Jamie Walker, man. :lol:

Wouldn't even like to guess the odds of it specifically happening to him and that exact injury. 

That's not what I am saying I am saying that they get some amount on injuries .... am I losing my mind here trying to explain this

:jj_facepalm:

Edited by NB GIN

59 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

JW out for 6 weeks.  

Ffs had enough bad luck with injuries last season to last a lifetime. 

Looks like there is a danger of more shit this season. 

Souttar and Walker already and Naismith to a lesser extent, hopefully!!! 

How unlucky can we be. ☹️

18 minutes ago, NB GIN said:

Shall we pretend that they don't get injured as much as the other players  would that make you happier

Shall we pretend we lost last night.  That would give you something more substantial to make negative observations on.

Gorgie_Rules

Fortunately not a terrible time to lose him. Parkhead is usually a write off for us, couple of very winnable home games with international break in between too. Not ideal but thankfully we now have the squad to cope with losing any player

Meshino or Naismith in for Walker, failing that we give McDonald a chance.

Not shitting myself just yet.  The squad has more depth this season and the youngsters are a year older and more experienced.  As it stands, Smith and Washington are the players who I fear missing most if they get injured.