Man City Feeder Article

Serge Pizzorno

Serge Pizzorno

Don’t suppose anyone has the link of the report about Hearts and Man City’s visit at oriam with idea setting up a feeder link?

Cant seem to find it anywhere 

Wasn’t even aware there was such a thing in the pipeline? Not even seen it alluded to on here. I too would like to read more about this (if it is indeed the case). Surprised something as big as this wouldn’t have had its own thread by now (again, assuming there was truth in it). 

38 minutes ago, Mr Sifter said:

Wasn’t even aware there was such a thing in the pipeline? Not even seen it alluded to on here. I too would like to read more about this (if it is indeed the case). Surprised something as big as this wouldn’t have had its own thread by now (again, assuming there was truth in it). 

It was in the summer transfer thread and possibly the Whelan one too.

Don't think anything has been agreed though but i don't have a clue.

43 minutes ago, Mr Sifter said:

It will be reported in either the Sun or Star newspapers tomorrow  even if it's only a rumour. 

Even if just rumour for now we have seen the pros and cons of loan players from EPL clubs. 

If we are able to agree something with Manchester City or Utd (given Levein's comments on his positive relationship with them) it could be beneficial for Hearts on/off the pitch. 

1 hour ago, Serge Pizzorno said:

Don’t suppose anyone has the link of the report about Hearts and Man City’s visit at oriam with idea setting up a feeder link?

Cant seem to find it anywhere 

Are you sure you're not mixing up that they had a delegation up looking around oriam and the facilities with a view to sending a youth team up for the international tournament with them looking to loan 1 of 2 Japanese players they have on their books as they see us as a good place to start in the UK and we have a coach who speaks the language?

itsnomarooned

Possibly just the terminology used, but I never really like the idea of us being a 'feeder' club which implies us very much being a junior partner and perhaps having choice taken away from us in terms of who we take.  I'm all for us forging positive relationships with other clubs though as long as there is mutual benefit.

Howdy Doody Jambo

It would be good if we could feed Man City with some of our player's 

Wonder if Pep would be interested in taking Wighton for example 

Evening News today's says there is a relationship through N.Ireland between Austin MacPhee and City scout Andy Cousins who like MacPhee also works for both. 

42 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Evening News today's says there is a relationship through N.Ireland between Austin MacPhee and City scout Andy Cousins who like MacPhee also works for both. 

is the head of our womens team not ex City too?