Naismith Out of Tonight's Game

Gorgieshed

As a precaution apparently. 

Not good that he is out after his first start for months! 

Now that he is on a 4 year deal I suppose you want to protect him a bit more. However I'd be expecting our physio team to be working double time on our main man. Should we be a bit more concerned? 

Tight hamstring, Its not a serious issue, usually players who have been out a while pick up slight niggles to begin with when coming back. 

Thrown back in with a start too quickly against RC. Would rather see us play him from the bench till we know he’s definitely fit

Fraggle Rock

I think  this will be a recurring situation with him. 

Still happy we have him at the club.

3 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Leave him out until he's 100%. 

100% correct. 

Better to be without him tonight and next Saturday than the next 3/6 months. 

I cannot understand why Levein announces this prior to a game.  I think we should keep the opposition guessing about our team until as late as possible.  It could of course be that he thinks M'well will be lulled into a false sense of security knowing in advance that one of our key men is missing.

I bought tickets at £15 I demand a refund!! 😂 let’s play him whilst injured then blame CL, let’s blame CL for him being injured, let’s blame CL for signing him....I am doing this right? I ll be there to support Hearts either way 

11 minutes ago, GorgieRules22 said:

No Whelan going by his comments also....more dross en route.

Whelan will get an hour.  My concern is that we’ll have used all our subs for injuries and bat shit craziness by that point, thus knackering him out and potentially risking him being out the Celtic game.

14 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

I cannot understand why Levein announces this prior to a game.  I think we should keep the opposition guessing about our team until as late as possible.  It could of course be that he thinks M'well will be lulled into a false sense of security knowing in advance that one of our key men is missing.

It shouldn't matter what mind games he plays. This is only Motherwell and a good Hearts side should have nothing to fear from this pub team. 

Special Agent Dale Cooper
26 minutes ago, Class of 75 said:

It shouldn't matter what mind games he plays. This is only Motherwell and a good Hearts side should have nothing to fear from this pub team. 

We shouldn't have any fear but Motherwell are no mugs. They'll be top 6 this season. 

Probably going to be a regular thing in his time here. Time for the other players to step up and show they can play without Naismith baby sitting them.

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, EH16 said:

I think  this will be a recurring situation with him. 

Still happy we have him at the club.

Don't think so, guy is back after 4 months out. 

Quite normal to ease in, see if there is a reaction and then adjust. 

Not many players, if any come back after 4 months and go full pelt. 

I'd think like that if he breaks down long term, again, but not now, he's just coming back. 

4 minutes ago, Special Agent Dale Cooper said:

We shouldn't have any fear but Motherwell are no mugs. They'll be top 6 this season. 

Shows how far we have fallen. A well managed Hearts team with the resources and players available should have nothing to fear from any team in this league except from either of the Old Firm in Glasgow. However, things are not as easy as that and these smaller teams now fancy their chances against Hearts. Very evident on Saturday where Ross County admitted that they came to Tynecastle looking for a result. 

37 minutes ago, Class of 75 said:

**** me that’s a bold statement. Have you seen us this year ????? 

Special Agent Dale Cooper
2 minutes ago, Class of 75 said:

Shows how far we have fallen. A well managed Hearts team with the resources and players available should have nothing to fear from any team in this league except from either of the Old Firm in Glasgow. However, things are not as easy as that and these smaller teams now fancy their chances against Hearts. Very evident on Saturday where Ross County admitted that they came to Tynecastle looking for a result. 

To an extent I agree with you.

But it also shows the league is more competitive, with any team able to match any other team on any given day (Celtic excluded). This can only be a good thing for the brand of Scottish football. I expect a decent game tonight, which will probably be decided by a single goal either way.

gorgie rd eh11
53 minutes ago, Class of 75 said:

:cornette:  Motherwell away has never been an easy game.

Edited by gorgie rd eh11

32 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

If ever there was a time for the rest of the players to step up, this is it.

👍Exactly what I was thinking, Naismith will be a big miss tonight, big boost to team if we win without him tho, hope he's fit for the celik game next weekend. 

49 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Disappointing but we need to learn to win without him

Quite , our over reliance on one player ,no matter how good ,is effing ridiculous.

Absolute Scenes

Was great to have him back last week, but was clear to see he wasn't fully match fit so was pretty ineffective - no point rushing him back. We do need to learn and play without him though. so hopefully we can see us kicking on and clicking tonight and get ourselves (and mainly our strikers!) some goals! Mon the JT's

Heartsofgold

I'd rather he miss the next 2 games to make sure he's 100% so that he can play the 30-40 games after those 2.

Dallas Green

He will be a miss tonight but I'd rather he wasn't injured longer by risking him in a game when not fully fit.

Not good news but didn't do a great deal on Saturday before going off TBH. Winning without him would be a good psychological boost. Losing a goal threat when you're goal shy not great though. Still. Mon the Hearts

GorgieRules22

It’s Christophe Berra that gives me the fear, the guy is just not fit enough at the moment and is constantly caught out.

Time for others to step up and try and look like players who were brought to the club to win games.

The lack of fight shown by a select few has been pretty astounding tbh.

Guys like Walker, Uche and Clare need to start giving absolutely everything they have for us.

And Berra needs to start to show why he was brought to the club as captain and take some responsibility.....his been very subdued so far this season and it’s time he woke up.

1 hour ago, Hercules said:

**** me that’s a bold statement. Have you seen us this year ????? 

Yes I have. We have been very poor

1 hour ago, Class of 75 said:

When was it that a trip away to Motherwell was seen as a given?

When did this "fall" start?

No I'm not from Hamilton.

The Treasurer
4 minutes ago, graygo said:

When was it that a trip away to Motherwell was seen as a given?

When did this "fall" start?

No I'm not from Hamilton.

There was a period when we had a very good record at Fir Park, but it was never a "given"

Tommy Walker

As it's a Naismith thread, can anyone tell me if he has the formal qualifications to be eligible to coach in SPL ?

Best

TW

17 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Time for others to step up and try and look like players who were brought to the club to win games.

Guys like Walker, Uche and Clare need to start giving absolutely everything they have for us.

And Berra needs to start to show why he was brought to the club as captain and take some responsibility.....his been very subdued so far this season and it’s time he woke up.

Hard to argue with any of that.

Time to man-up!

Not enough missing teeth, beards or moustache's in the squad IMO!

2 hours ago, salvo69 said:

I bought tickets at £15 I demand a refund!! 😂 let’s play him whilst injured then blame CL, let’s blame CL for him being injured, let’s blame CL for signing him....I am doing this right? I ll be there to support Hearts either way 

Not the “am I doing this right” line again.....😴

2 hours ago, JamboAl said:

Every team will prepare the same against us as long as they know Berra is playing. Press and allow Berra time on the ball to give away possession.

It'll all depend on a few things.

Motherwell are a decent attack-minded team. They have a manager that goes for the throat, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. They will definitely fancy their chances tonight, they've nothing to fear. They'll know that we'll pass the ball about with no intensity then boot the ball upfield.

If we go out there with the usual policy of nullifying the opposition, playing across the middle and back to keeper etc. Motherwell will just wait patiently for stray/loose passes and go hell for leather, probably on counter attacks seeing as Berra hasn't much pace.

Levein needs to change his tactics in this one. He needs to get the team into an attacking mode, try to get early goals then try to control the midfield. It's not the widest pitch so maybe a 4-4-2 in this one.

Instead of trying to overthink the opposition manager, worry about how we attack them and give them something to think about for a change. If not, we'll be out.

2 hours ago, boag1874 said:

Thrown back in with a start too quickly against RC. Would rather see us play him from the bench till we know he’s definitely fit

Yip, that's the second time we have done this too quickly with him. 

He said himself he was back to soon the last time. 

We should be learning from this after the first time and ease him back in from the bench rather than starting him in games. 

Clerry Jambo
44 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Good post

3 minutes ago, jambonian said:

It'll all depend on a few things.

Motherwell are a decent attack-minded team. They have a manager that goes for the throat, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. They will definitely fancy their chances tonight, they've nothing to fear. They'll know that we'll pass the ball about with no intensity then boot the ball upfield.

If we go out there with the usual policy of nullifying the opposition, playing across the middle and back to keeper etc. Motherwell will just wait patiently for stray/loose passes and go hell for leather, probably on counter attacks seeing as Berra hasn't much pace.

Levein needs to change his tactics in this one. He needs to get the team into an attacking mode, try to get early goals then try to control the midfield. It's not the widest pitch so maybe a 4-4-2 in this one.

Instead of trying to overthink the opposition manager, worry about how we attack them and give them something to think about for a change. If not, we'll be out.

Hard to disagree with any of that. 

We should be starting on the front foot and have a go at them instead of our usual over cautious approach away from home. 

48 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

This. 

Not interested in injuries for tonight. There can be no excuses if we get knocked out, and for me it will be the final straw. Levein built this squad over severa transfer windows. If it can’t cope with a couple of injuries then he has failed.

54 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

I agree with most of what you say, however the point about Berra is a little harsh. Up until his injury against Celtic he was every bit the club captain. We need captains all over the pitch and I think in Naismith Whelan and Washington we probably have that now. I also think if the new keeper is decent we’ll see a far more solid Berra. That defence is racked with nerves as they’re just waiting on a Bobby moment.. Ross county a classic example. Don’t get me wrong Berra hasn’t been the dominant force of old but I think with the keeper change and a solid midfield line in front of him we’ll see him back to something like his best.

2 hours ago, Class of 75 said:

They are hardly a pub team Ffs.