Ann Budge

Meadows

She has certainly nailed her colours to the mast as far as signings go this window. 

She has taken flak on occasion but deserves great credit for backing Levein despite the grief ( and performances) .

Anyone else see this window as somewhat monumental? 

• Replies 933
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• i8hibsh

• Boab

• davemclaren

• AJAMBO

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The criticism of her is 99.99% around her not binning Levein. Shes done a fantastic job. 

Think this window is the start of us flexing a bit more signing power now that the stand is paid for. 

I also think this window shows that Levein does have some pretty good contacts, is well respected by clubs like the two Manchester clubs and he can sign players with decent pedigrees.

We are lucky to have Budge and I think I speak for every Jambo when I say I hope this latest round of signings is a turning point for us in both the short and long term.

Seems to me the communication is there so any manager in charge who retains trust will know if there's funds to bolster the squad. 

I don't think supporters realise how much Ann and Craig talk, the other label thrown at her is a lack of football knowledge. I'd like to bet that after being in charge for as long as she has, she now has a decent grasp of things. 

We're in great hands at the moment.

Pants Shaton
2 minutes ago, Noah Claypole said:

Seems to me the communication is there so any manager in charge who retains trust will know if there's funds to bolster the squad. 

I don't think supporters realise how much Ann and Craig talk, the other label thrown at her is a lack of football knowledge. I'd like to bet that after being in charge for as long as she has, she now has a decent grasp of things. 

We're in great hands at the moment.

I love the ‘lack of football knowledge’ line. Like (m)any of the male buffoons running Scottish clubs have great ‘football knowledge’ 

We are lucky to have her and, dare I say it on JKB, Levein.

Ann Budge has without doubt done a fantastic job. Yes....some errors of judgement have made along the way, a few mistakes have been made and I’ve no doubt she’d admit that herself.

She isn’t perfect and as each season and individual project passes she’ll know herself where she went right and wrong.

The day Ann Budge leaves this club I have no doubt we’ll be in probably the most secure position the club has been in its entire history.

We may not have added much to silverware to the cabinet but that cannot be a measure of her success......apart from one decade our trophy haul has hardly been regular and with the money gap between us and the OF its as difficult as it’s ever been to win.

Edited by DH1986

GorgieFifeLife

Great job she has done but it is very nearly time to give Levein the bullet if he doesn't turn things quick. Will she have the balls for it though?

GorgieRules22

She does a great job and we’re lucky to have her.....However her friendship with Craig Levein can be the only reason as to why he’s still on a job.

Not a good situation as football matters at the club have falling off a cliff.

5 minutes ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

Great job she has done but it is very nearly time to give Levein the bullet if he doesn't turn things quick. Will she have the balls for it though?

Just a matter of time before they get started to ruin yet another thread!

She is backing him all the way , if it doesnt go well , I would expect him away by Christmas. Hopefully by then tho, we will be doing well and everyone will be signing his praises .............. to be continued 

The Treasurer

The manager has been fully backed by the board, if the manager fails to deliver this season, the board will take action.

There is no doubt about that

Put it this way, would you rather have Mrs Budge in charge or some vulture like Peruvian Ron/Mike Ashley. In my entire life the club has never been so well run and the rewards are just about starting to show with the quality acquisitions we’ve made this window. As has been said she couldn’t have backed Craig any more so its now fully on him to get his act together and sort it out.

2 minutes ago, boag1874 said:

Put it this way, would you rather have Mrs Budge in charge or some vulture like Peruvian Ron/Mike Ashley. In my entire life the club has never been so well run and the rewards are just about starting to show with the quality acquisitions we’ve made this window. As has been said she couldn’t have backed Craig any more so its now fully on him to get his act together and sort it out.

Ann Budge has done a tremendous job no matter whether the manager was CL, Neilson or Cathro.  The club is in good hands after nearly dying.

I cannot understand why people wish to ruin every thread.  It seems like it's deliberate and orchestrated.

Mods please

6 minutes ago, boag1874 said:

Saved me typing, well said.

Arthur Morgan
13 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

The manager has been fully backed by the board, if the manager fails to deliver this season, the board will take action.

I hope it doesn't come to that and that he can turn things around, he has no excuses now after this window. Last chance saloon imo. 

The Real Maroonblood
2 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Ann Budge has done a tremendous job no matter whether the manager was CL, Neilson or Cathro.  The club is in good hands after nearly dying.

I cannot understand why people wish to ruin every thread.  It seems like it's deliberate and orchestrated.

Mods please

There’s no doubt Ann has done a fantastic job but.................😀

Is that allowed?

A thread with balanced posts and good points by all. Hope I don't spoil it. 

Ann has been fantastic for the club. As important a figure in our history as anyone else. Our survival, the decision to keep us at Tynecastle and the rebuild of the main stand is as huge a contribution as any of our legendary players and managers.

Craig, too, has made a wonderful contribution to HMFC in different capacities over various spells in the last 36 years. A long association that deserves the respect and high esteem that he is generally held in.

I do believe Craig's time as a front line coach has ended but as a figurehead, negotiator, overseer of the Academy etc. he has so much still to give. 

The club is in great hands. 

kingantti1874

Agreed, off the pitch it has been a revolution, which has enabled an unprecedented level of backing on it 

she does have a weakness for Craig, I understand it, he not just a manager he’s been a massive part of the rebuilding of the club, however any other incumbent would have gone by now as it hasn’t been good enough on the pitch -  much as I have my doubts, I’ll be staying silent and giving this team a chance to succeed. 

on paper we should finish 3rd.. no excuses any more

Edited by kingantti1874

1 hour ago, E6 Inc said:

The criticism of her is 99.99% around her not binning Levein. Shes done a fantastic job. 

Think this window is the start of us flexing a bit more signing power now that the stand is paid for. 

I also think this window shows that Levein does have some pretty good contacts, is well respected by clubs like the two Manchester clubs and he can sign players with decent pedigrees.

We are lucky to have Budge and I think I speak for every Jambo when I say I hope this latest round of signings is a turning point for us in both the short and long term.

I agree with all of that but.......

Levein could do that job without managing the first team as this for me is the flaw, as i dont think he is good enough in that role.

Academy, and contacts yes first team no.

AB has been unbelievable for Hearts, this club will look back on her as one of our best ever custodians.

However i hope CL turns it around obviously.

Edited by Jamboelite

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

Agreed, off the pitch it has been a revolution, which has enabled an unprecedented level of backing..

she does have a weakness for Craig, I understand it.. any other incumbent would have gone by now but much as I have my doubts, I’ll be staying silent and giving this team a chance to succeed. 

on paper we should finish 3rd.. no excuses 

You better stay silent or the thread police will get you told or reported.

:P

2 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Mods please

Agreed. I cant think of a better CEO in football. We turned over 15 million last season. That's a record number. 

I admit I'm frustrated with performances on the park, but I'm still very optimistic about our future.  

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Pants Shaton said:

I love the ‘lack of football knowledge’ line. Like (m)any of the male buffoons running Scottish clubs have great ‘football knowledge’ 

We are lucky to have her and, dare I say it on JKB, Levein.

👍

33 minutes ago, fila said:

She is backing him all the way , if it doesnt go well , I would expect him away by Christmas. Hopefully by then tho, we will be doing well and everyone will be signing his praises .............. to be continued 

👍

28 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

👍

22 minutes ago, boag1874 said:

👍

4 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Agreed, off the pitch it has been a revolution, which has enabled an unprecedented level of backing on it 

she does have a weakness for Craig, I understand it, he not just a manager he’s been a massive part of the rebuilding of the club, however any other incumbent would have gone by now as it hasn’t been good enough on the pitch -  much as I have my doubts, I’ll be staying silent and giving this team a chance to succeed. 

I agree the work Craig has done with her makes this situation hard. But it seems the board are questioning him and I'm sure he knows hes been backed and if he does not deliver..... he knows what he needs to do. 

But I would argue that on paper we should finish about 4th. Aberdeen are paying about 20% more wages. And we only pay a little more then Hibs. 

Just now, Jamboelite said:

I agree with all of that but.......

Levein could do that job without managing the first team as their is the flaw because i dont think he is good enough.

I actually totally agree.

An ideal set up for me would be Levein as DoF, where he would be tasked full time with bringing in better players and making sure out academy is top class. 

And then a first team manager with complete autonomy over the first team. He would be of course heavily involved in transfers. Bring someone in from the continent and that's how every club is set up. 

This saves us having guys ike Cathro brining in players that the next manager cant work with.

Bazzas right boot
10 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Don't agree with your last statement. 

Aberdeen will still think they can be third, but we should be close. 6th is poor. 

On JKB, we often dismiss the opposition far too easily. 

AB is nothing short of sensational.  Surely she will be on  the Queens Birthday honours list soon.

As for Levein, I will re-state that if we're still producing dire performances by the end of next month, he has to go.

I earnestly hope that's not the case.

kingantti1874
8 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

You better stay silent or the thread police will get you told or reported.

:P

don’t joke, twice I’ve been banned from threads for defending the club. 

3 minutes ago, E6 Inc said:

I actually totally agree.

An ideal set up for me would be Levein as DoF, where he would be tasked full time with bringing in better players and making sure out academy is top class. 

And then a first team manager with complete autonomy over the first team. He would be of course heavily involved in transfers. Bring someone in from the continent and that's how every club is set up. 

This saves us having guys ike Cathro brining in players that the next manager cant work with.

Agreed, but while Craig is there i hope he delivers, he has done alot for this club and at times is under appreciated.

I think his work in the Academy will be huge over time.

Edited by Jamboelite

Ann Budge is the best thing to ever happen at our club.

The job she has done in building the business and growing our reputation overseas shouldn't be underestimated. 

Just now, Jamboelite said:

Agreed but while Craig is there i hope he delivers he has done alot for this club and at times is under appreciated.

I think his work in the Academy will be huge over time.

Yup and I hope he gets to finish his plan for the whole of the footballing set up. Unfortunately I don't think he should be managing the first team. 

kingantti1874
Just now, Smith's right boot said:

Don't agree with your last statement. 

Aberdeen will still think they can be third, but we should be close. 6th is poor. 

On JKB, we often dismiss the opposition far too easily. 

They don’t have better players IMO, they do have a guy getting goals regularly on cosgrove but that aside they are average.. 

when we got somewhere close to our strongest 11 on against them at pitrodrie we were the better team, we lost due to 2 moments of carelessness from hickey and CLS I’d, we have strengthened significantly since then. 

She has done as much as she can for him so it's very much up to Levein to make a success of what it is a very good squad.

Levein is a clever one.     I think he knew he was under pressure from the very start this season.    If it didn't start well then he was under severe pressure.    I think he held back the wherewithal to make a few extra signings as a contingency.      Try to make a good start with what he had... if it went poorly then make a few more signings to buy a bit more time.    Like two bites at the cherry.    Ann Budge has backed him snd I think she will have told him that she has backed him to a extensive degree.

2 hours ago, Meadows said:

She has certainly nailed her colours to the mast as far as signings go this window. 

She has taken flak on occasion but deserves great credit for backing Levein despite the grief ( and performances) .

Anyone else see this window as somewhat monumental? 

I certainly wouldn’t use the word monumental. We’ve got a keeper on a panic loan as Levein is the only one who thought our keepers weren’t shite. I honestly believe her friendship with Levein will taint her legacy. 

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

They don’t have better players IMO, they do have a guy getting goals regularly on cosgrove but that aside they are average.. 

when we got somewhere close to our strongest 11 on against them at pitrodrie we were the better team, we lost due to 2 moments of carelessness from hickey and CLS I’d, we have strengthened significantly since then. 

Aberdeen were not at thier strongest either. 

Although exciting, Many of our players are unproven at this point as well. 

Whatever, tho- 3rd isn't a given. Aberdeen still spend more than us. 

I think we will end up 3rd, but the " no excuses" comment isn't true imo. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

GorgieFifeLife
41 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

It's the nearly extinct fanboys who are ruining the threads! I'm just making the point that she will have a tough decision to make if things dont improve and she will have to show she is able for it.:tlj:

fabienleclerq

She's backed the manager big time, he has a squad capable of third place. After watching Aberdeen they aren't as strong as they were and we have still to get started. 

We are so lucky to have her in charge. 

kingantti1874
4 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Aberdeen were not at thier strongest either. 

Although exciting, Many of our players are unproven at this point as well. 

Whatever, tho- 3rd isn't a given. Aberdeen still spend more than us. 

I think we will end up 3rd, but the " no excuses" comment isn't true imo. 

I would be very surprised if they are still spending more than us. They will have no one in their squad on a higher wage than naisy or Whelan.. 

9 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Is Cosgrove not injured? 

I agree they don’t have better players. First XI and subs when fully fit and performing its Rangers and Celtic by miles then ourselves then a behind that Aberdeen.

A lot of that is due to the huge advancement in Turnover on the back of Ann’s reign and the job she has done across the board has been nothing short of brilliant for the club and its future.

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

I would be very surprised if they are still spending more than us. They will have no one in their squad on a higher wage than naisy or Whelan.. 

I can't confirm that, 3rd will be difficult, but I think 70 points would do it, we should be capable of that. 

"No excuses" , is a bit much tho, imo. 

Phil D. Corners
7 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

I would say year on year we are getting closer thanks to Ann.

I’ve been told we spend a significant part of wages investing in the youth team. 

Edited by Phil D. Corners

2 hours ago, Noah Claypole said:

don't think supporters realise how much Ann and Craig talk, the other label thrown at her is a lack of football knowledge. 

Most supporters think they are expert tacticians .AB has been a supporter for a long time and as such will have as much football knowledge as anybody else sitting in the stands.

The season can only really go onwards and upwards , highest league finish in years . OR Status Quo and we get a new manager and coaching staff . 

17 minutes ago, Prof said:

Most supporters think they are expert tacticians .AB has been a supporter for a long time and as such will have as much football knowledge as anybody else sitting in the stands.

Mmmmm......maybe !

1 hour ago, JamboAl said:

I nearly fainted as I got to the dizzying heights of the first posts on this thread before I looked down and saw there was still shit on my shoe.

Tommy Walker
37 minutes ago, E6 Inc said:

Yup and I hope he gets to finish his plan for the whole of the footballing set up. Unfortunately I don't think he should be managing the first team. 

Maybe he doesn't want to be coaching and would rather be back as DoF only...especially given health concerns.

I'd like to think the issue that CL and AB are quietly dealing with is who takes over at the end of the season...

doing it in an orderly way rather than grabbing what's available now to appease a section of the fanbase...

which has, perhaps, a shorter timeframe in mind and maybe not  seeing a bigger picture.

Onup

TW

2 minutes ago, Tommy Walker said:

Maybe he doesn't want to be coaching and would rather be back as DoF only...especially given health concerns.

I'd like to think the issue that CL and AB are quietly dealing with is who takes over at the end of the season...

doing it in an orderly way rather than grabbing what's available now to appease a section of the fanbase...

which has, perhaps, a shorter timeframe in mind and maybe not  seeing a bigger picture.

Onup

TW

Yip.

I think if it’s looking like we will improve our league position this season, he’ll see out his last year.

3 minutes ago, Dallas Green said:

It's been a very good window so far.

Can't say she doesn't back her football staff.

Time they started backing her though.  Other than a few minutes against Aberdeen, we have had a shocking start to the season.

Byyy The Light
12 minutes ago, Tommy Walker said:

Onup

TW

Think you might be bang on the money with this.

Dallas Green
2 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Time they started backing her though.  Other than a few minutes against Aberdeen, we have had a shocking start to the season.

I'm sure it will all come good when we have finished our transfer business and the team starts to gel.