Ann Budge

Meadows

Some mad weird wonderful words strung together on this thread are there many actual Jambo's making comments. The things said leave me stunned I'm seeing why members lose the plot here. Ann has been a revelation in her forward thinking and has helped give us a modern image brand. I am proud to have her. 

• Replies 933
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• i8hibsh

• Boab

• davemclaren

• AJAMBO

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The corner sections of the Wheatfield Stand and main Stand closest to the away support will remian closed after helping reduce the amount of trouble seen at category A matches.

Hearts also took the decision to close the lower part of section G of the Wheatfield Stand for their final two home matches of the season against Rangers and Kilmarnock respectively.

Owner Ann Budge has said the corner sections will remain closed, and that the club will close other parts of Tynecastle should unacceptable behaviour continue.

2 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

The corner sections of the Wheatfield Stand and main Stand closest to the away support will remian closed after helping reduce the amount of trouble seen at category A matches.

Hearts also took the decision to close the lower part of section G of the Wheatfield Stand for their final two home matches of the season against Rangers and Kilmarnock respectively.

Owner Ann Budge has said the corner sections will remain closed, and that the club will close other parts of Tynecastle should unacceptable behaviour continue.

No quotes there from Ann...

Just now, kila said:

No quotes there from Ann...

You keep hanging in there Kila

I think we should ask for a full and frank explanation from her to clear this up once and for all

Oh and to let you know you are wrong  😊

The Internet
1 minute ago, CJGJ said:

You keep hanging in there Kila

I think we should ask for a full and frank explanation from her to clear this up once and for all

Oh and to let you know you are wrong  😊

I mean the article clearly states the home sections are open and the away sections are closed. 

I suppose can be a bit confusing, but closing corner sections helped last year, approach to close sections will continue, but for away fans.

In an interview with the BBC, Budge said that although the corner sections will be closed to away fans, home supporters will be allowed access to their seats.

"We have closed corner sections - that will remain in place because it helped.

"We closed some of our own sections where we'd trouble. These are open again. But if we have the same sort of thing I will have to address it."

2 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Someone is bound to rage at her ‘grassline’ comments soon I imagine. 

What else can it be called..it is a "gràssline"..simple as..

Tbf it’s almost like the media are trying to cause trouble with the wording! 

Surely only corners of Roseburn are closed. 

Tom Hardy’s Dug
On 21/08/2019 at 16:43, McCrae said:

Disabled football and walking football covers all genders.  Time you revisited your own prejudices and look at things more progressively.

Sorry, but are you comparing women to people with disabilities?

46 minutes ago, AJAMBO said:

Some mad weird wonderful words strung together on this thread are there many actual Jambo's making comments. The things said leave me stunned I'm seeing why members lose the plot here. Ann has been a revelation in her forward thinking and has helped give us a modern image brand. I am proud to have her. 

You paint her as a saint pal. Steady on.....

Jambof3tornado
18 minutes ago, cliffdanum said:

What else can it be called..it is a "gràssline"..simple as..

If fans want to behave like ***** then grassing them up is fine by me!

Just now, Section Q said:

You paint her as a saint pal. Steady on.....

Do I ? you steady on. Don't try to park me into a space in your mind. I regard her highly I also know mistakes have and will be made. I've painted nothing its all in your head

12 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Sorry, but are you comparing women to people with disabilities?

He doesn’t realise that men are a minority group in terms of gender. 

37 minutes ago, Boab said:

People have asked for action and it has been delivered. 

We’re getting there.

👍

Yep.

12 minutes ago, YouLetYourClubDie said:

Yet the OF still have immunity to spot their bile. 

I know mate.

We really have to sort our small band of bigots though .

Once we do that I'd pressure our board to start cutting allocations Eufa style to Rangers and Celtic.

Just listened to sport sound.

Willie Miller Mike Stewart Billy Dodds.

All agreeing it has to stop.

Mike Stewart rightly says Rangers playing up to this element by having an orange 3rd kit.

Billy Dodds incredibly alluding he was going to far and the strip was a homage to Dutch players from yesteryear.

🤣 

We all share a responsibility to stand up and challenge any sectarian shit from our own supporters.

Once we do that then we can impose our own liability on away supports by refusing entry.

7 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

If fans want to behave like ***** then grassing them up is fine by me!

Not into grassing as a rule.

But all rules are there to be broken.

Tynecastle is for football.

Not religious politics.

And I'd love it if we were in a position to say to both clubs.

No entry .

7 minutes ago, jake said:

Not religious politics.

No entry .

Scotland has always been sectarian its part of the mindset in football a common working class scourge on society. It has far wider reaches than football but in scotland it's cultured into us. Yes I've sung the songs done the cause that my background I was born into. Am I ashamed NO. Should I be held up as Sectarian Yes. I do not take it too far though like others

Jambo, Goodbye
On 21/08/2019 at 22:55, Brighton Jambo said:

I cant tell if you are serious or just on the wind up.  If you are serious your views are so outdated and misguided.

Women's football is going to be something that grows and grows and we are positioned to be at the forefront of that.  No one can put a figure on the benefit but you can safely assume that:

1.  More women/girls will become affiliated with and interested in Hearts.  That means potentially more ticket sales, more merchandise sales etc.

2.  More men may become affiliated with and interested in Hearts as a result of their wife's/sisters/daughters/mothers new found association with and support of the club - leading to more tickets sales/merchandise etc

3.  Sponsors will be looking at the growth of the women's game and wanting a piece of the ever increasing interest it generates, will would be in poll position to capitalise on that.

4.  The positive interest and PR around being so visible in the women's game also generates a wider interest in the club as a whole leading to opportunities regarding sponsorship/fan number increases as above.

And you would reject all that to sign Kyle Lafferty!  Honestly its laughable, what better advertisement for never having genuine fan ownership of the club.  Short termism in the absolute extreme. 

Point 1 and 2 were opinions I was trying to get across to McCrae a few pages back, but he didn't seem keen on acknowledging them, either that or he was being obtuse. 

I didn't even need to scroll down to know he'd dodged your post like the plague :rolleyes:

Points 3 and 4 are just as excellent!

1 minute ago, AJAMBO said:

Scotland has always been sectarian its part of the mindset in football a common working class scourge on society. It has far wider reaches than football but in scotland it's cultured into us. Yes I've sung the songs done the cause that my background I was born into. Am I ashamed NO. Should I be held up as Sectarian Yes. I do not take it too far though like others

The sectarian scourge is not just a class thing mate.

But aye I get you.

Thankfully most people see it for what it was and is.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
4 minutes ago, McCrae said:

No, I am not. 

Ok. Sorry, but you did a good job of convincing me otherwise.

Just now, jake said:

The sectarian scourge is not just a class thing mate.

But aye I get you.

Thankfully most people see it for what it was and is.

I'm not that good at typing out my thoughts well. I did mean wider as in all class etc. We aren't to blame for the ways of the world I have changed my ways through experience I draw the line at any more than a good beating tarred and feathered and knee capping. Anything more is too much

17 minutes ago, jake said:

Not religious politics.

No entry .

If grassing means reporting crimes or loutish behaviour ( can’t think of a better term ) then I don’t see a problem with it. 

12 minutes ago, AJAMBO said:

If singing the songs isn’t taking it too far. What would you describe as too far?

On 21/08/2019 at 09:55, Brighton Jambo said:

I cant tell if you are serious or just on the wind up.  If you are serious your views are so outdated and misguided.

Women's football is going to be something that grows and grows and we are positioned to be at the forefront of that.  No one can put a figure on the benefit but you can safely assume that:

1.  More women/girls will become affiliated with and interested in Hearts.  That means potentially more ticket sales, more merchandise sales etc.

2.  More men may become affiliated with and interested in Hearts as a result of their wife's/sisters/daughters/mothers new found association with and support of the club - leading to more tickets sales/merchandise etc

3.  Sponsors will be looking at the growth of the women's game and wanting a piece of the ever increasing interest it generates, will would be in poll position to capitalise on that.

4.  The positive interest and PR around being so visible in the women's game also generates a wider interest in the club as a whole leading to opportunities regarding sponsorship/fan number increases as above.

And you would reject all that to sign Kyle Lafferty!  Honestly its laughable, what better advertisement for never having genuine fan ownership of the club.  Short termism in the absolute extreme. 

The only point of your statement I agree with is that we are likely to see more girls and women play football... the rest of your statement is based on hope , whereas if you look at the data which is available it doesn’t support your outlook. 

Attendance at Women’s football matches is not surging, in some parts of Europe it’s declining. See BBC article in previous post.

In more successful countries such as the USA where millions of girls play soccer attendances at women’s games remains tiny..

No evidence points to any women’s football teams being a commercial success.

All of the evidence makes it clear that supporting women’s football at amateur level has been successful and the benefits you argue that will happen can be achieved without professional teams.

1 hour ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

Don't agree with you often Mitch but I am 100% with you here

Are you serious singing songs is fuel for bile it means everything when your a singer and follower. Don't cry others if their sins don't match yours. I no longer participate in it I use my energy guiding people away. I'm not in anyway proud to be stained its in my fathers fathers they all suffered the same. I changed I know how it is and belongs in the past. Talking about it will always bring out the best and worse in us all.it ii alive and breathing whether we like it or not will take a lot of effort to remove it.

33 minutes ago, AJAMBO said:

I'm not that good at typing out my thoughts well. I did mean wider as in all class etc. We aren't to blame for the ways of the world I have changed my ways through experience I draw the line at any more than a good beating tarred and feathered and knee capping. Anything more is too much

😁 

Typing out just fine mate

1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

Someone is bound to rage at her ‘grassline’ comments soon I imagine. 

Nothing worse than a grass. 

34 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

If grassing means reporting crimes or loutish behaviour ( can’t think of a better term ) then I don’t see a problem with it. 

That's because it isn't one .

30 minutes ago, TheOak88 said:

If singing the songs isn’t taking it too far. What would you describe as too far?

Have you sung songs following Hearts ? In my years of following the club most songs we're bile based a way to have a go at catholic minded support it was excellent in the shed poisoning our young minds. I will never forget them boys n maroon. How many of the members will admit being an out and out thug degenerate that idolised the clerry jungle and hissed a hatred would make today's snowflakes curl into a fetus and want to jump back into mummies womb. ?

2 minutes ago, AJAMBO said:

Have you sung songs following Hearts ? In my years of following the club most songs we're bile based a way to have a go at catholic minded support it was excellent in the shed poisoning our young minds. I will never forget them boys n maroon. How many of the members will admit being an out and out thug degenerate that idolised the clerry jungle and hissed a hatred would make today's snowflakes curl into a fetus and want to jump back into mummies womb. ?

‘Catholic minded support’. Sometimes I forget it’s 2019. 

12 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

‘Catholic minded support’. Sometimes I forget it’s 2019. 

I should state I'm talking in past sense Dave it doesn't belong anywhere. I can't change my past I can move on and do not condone any use of seperation or any belonging to it today. I was stating that it exists today and will be hard to remove. Anyone found using such bile in today's stadia should be held accountable. Outside its dog eat dog. I hope I have answered you in the correct manner and you understand I know its wrong. Talking is good if seen in  balanced honest way i was a daft boy that missed out on years following hearts it was my doing its been healed and accepted as a chapter in my life. 

Edited by AJAMBO

3 minutes ago, AJAMBO said:

I should state I'm talking in past sense Dave it doesn't belong anywhere. I can't change my past I can move on and do not condone any use of seperation or any belonging to it today. I was stating that it exists today and will be hard to remove. Anyone found using such bile in today's stadia should be held accountable. Outside its dog eat dog. I hope I have answered you in the correct manner and you understand I know its wrong. Talking is good if seen in  balanced honest way i was a daft boy that missed out on years following hearts it was my doing its been healed and accepted as a chapter in my life. 

I remember it very well, particularly in the 70s. The problem at Hearts is not nearly as bad as it was then and society changing in general will hopefully marginalise it even more in the coming decades.  

The Real Maroonblood
27 minutes ago, Hercules said:

Exactly.

Imagine grassing someone who has committed a crime.

...a bit disco
28 minutes ago, Hercules said:

Bigot, racist, homophobe.

There's three, without even trying.

1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

I remember it very well, particularly in the 70s. The problem at Hearts is not nearly as bad as it was then and society changing in general will hopefully marginalise it even more in the coming decades.  

Do we agree that Hearts are right in their stance as those Gorgie boot boy days are in the past. I'm very happy watching Hearts as we near lost them and that would hurt like losing a dear family member.

2 minutes ago, ...a bit disco said:

Bigot, racist, homophobe.

There's three, without even trying.

Hibs supporter....that's four.

...a bit disco
Just now, Notts1874 said:

Hibs supporter....that's four.

Happy clapper too, apparently.

Five.

1 hour ago, Jambo, Goodbye said:

Point 1 and 2 were opinions I was trying to get across to McCrae a few pages back, but he didn't seem keen on acknowledging them, either that or he was being obtuse. 

I didn't even need to scroll down to know he'd dodged your post like the plague :rolleyes:

Points 3 and 4 are just as excellent!

Hibernian Ladies are excellent and currently playing in the Champions League. 

Can you confirm if any of those 4 points are happening of across the city. 

36 minutes ago, AJAMBO said:

A lot of words to avoid answering the question. 

1 minute ago, TheOak88 said:

A lot of words to avoid answering the question. 

Ask me the question again instead of commenting indirectly like a cheeky school boy

50 minutes ago, Hercules said:

Has said every bully and obnoxious bar steward ever.