Ann Budge

Meadows

2 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Why should the men's team lose out on signings to pay for women's football?

Yes we've really missed out on signings this window. 😕

• Replies 933
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• i8hibsh

• Boab

• davemclaren

• AJAMBO

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

15 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Comparing a whole gender to "good causes". 

On that note, I'm out. 

Disabled football and walking football covers all genders.  Time you revisited your own prejudices and look at things more progressively.

7 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Perhaps we could have signed another player such as KL if the money was available?

12 minutes ago, luckydug said:

In the future.

Sometimes I wish I didn't say anything. Precious wee bunch, the women's shitebaw fanatics.

Brighton Jambo
1 minute ago, McCrae said:

Perhaps we could have signed another player such as KL if the money was available?

I cant tell if you are serious or just on the wind up.  If you are serious your views are so outdated and misguided.

Women's football is going to be something that grows and grows and we are positioned to be at the forefront of that.  No one can put a figure on the benefit but you can safely assume that:

1.  More women/girls will become affiliated with and interested in Hearts.  That means potentially more ticket sales, more merchandise sales etc.

2.  More men may become affiliated with and interested in Hearts as a result of their wife's/sisters/daughters/mothers new found association with and support of the club - leading to more tickets sales/merchandise etc

3.  Sponsors will be looking at the growth of the women's game and wanting a piece of the ever increasing interest it generates, will would be in poll position to capitalise on that.

4.  The positive interest and PR around being so visible in the women's game also generates a wider interest in the club as a whole leading to opportunities regarding sponsorship/fan number increases as above.

And you would reject all that to sign Kyle Lafferty!  Honestly its laughable, what better advertisement for never having genuine fan ownership of the club.  Short termism in the absolute extreme. 

Bazzas right boot
29 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

why are hearts duty bound to set up and fund a women’s team? I’m not against it but we are under no obligation to do so.

I also don’t give a monkeys about the results and never will - it virtually a different sport 

Never said they were duty bound. 

As a football club it makes sense to venture Into a growing market and from a community and engagment point of view it also makes sense. 

I don't give a monkeys about the reserves or under teams either, but I can see why they would be beneficial. 

I also don't care about Big hearts or our charity work, but again I can see why we'd do it. 

Brighton jambo covers it far more elequantly than I could or have. 

Unsure why it's even a thing tbh. 

The faux outrage is baffling. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

Bazzas right boot
21 minutes ago, McCrae said:

Disabled football and walking football covers all genders.  Time you revisited your own prejudices and look at things more progressively.

Comparing a a whole genders sport to disabled and walking football. 

Cracking stuff, carry on. 

I'm out, you've lost the plot and are now just at it imo. 

I don't mind Hearts fc spending money on a growing football market and engaging the wider community and evolving as a business and a club. 

I can even see the benefits 

You don't agree. 

Fair enough, I won't convince you and tbh have no desire too, and you definitely won't convince me. 

Brighton jambo covers it fully. 

Have a cracking day. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

kingantti1874
3 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Never said they were duty bound. 

As a football club it makes sense to venture Into a growing market and from a community and engagment point of view it also makes sense. 

I don't give a monkeys about the reserves or under teams either, but I can see why they would be beneficial. 

I also don't care about Big hearts or our charity work, but again I can see why we'd do it. 

Unsure why it's even a thing. 

it’s only a thing as it runs at a loss and people are split on their support for it and they can’t be judged on that - no one can be forced to care about what is essentially a different team, they are entitled to be annoyed that the funds they contribute are being used to subsidise a team they don’t care about. 

im in the don’t care camp, as I say don’t care about the results but don’t think it costs enough to worry about it

CloustonHMFC
1 hour ago, McCrae said:

This is wrong. All money the club has could go towards the playing budget.

If all the money the club has went on the playing budget we couldn’t operate as a business, you are the one who is wrong. The money going to the woman’s team will not come out of the men’s playing budget. 

CloustonHMFC
25 minutes ago, McCrae said:

As per my previous post, the money wouldn’t have went to the playing budget if it wasn’t going to the woman’s team. 

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

it’s only a thing as it runs at a loss and people are split on their support for it and they can’t be judged on that - no one can be forced to care about what is essentially a different team, they are entitled to be annoyed that the funds they contribute are being used to subsidise a team they don’t care about. 

im in the don’t care camp, as I say don’t care about the results but don’t think it costs enough to worry about it

As I previously said there are lots of aspects of our business that don't make money directly but are still worthy of doing and investing in. 

The women's team falls into that, but as Brighton says might actually make money indirectly now and  directly in the future. 

If we only concentrated on the things that make money directly, things would quickly unravel, as in life there is more to  it than just direct revenue streams. 

Anyway, folk on here seem to think the men's team is affected amongst other ridiculous statements so I'm out. 

The thread is in real danger of make folk out to be, well I don't know what tbh. 

Guest ToqueJambo

Hearts is a community football club. Last I looked women were part of that community. Even before the investment in a women's team we provided coaching to boys and girls in the area. Having a women's team means we can give the girls, as well as the boys, who play football at a young age a pathway to playing the game for longer and possibly even professionally. Not sure why anyone would have a problem with that.

Good grief.  The point about being a club rather than a team was well made.

A wee cash injection and a bit of structure round about the women's game shouldn't upset anyone.  Market forces will inevitably determine the way the sport goes.  In an age where anyone with kids probably wonders why they spend so much time on their devices rather than out playing, having something like this can only be a good thing.

If we never ever win the league, we can always blame it on those pesky diverted funds. 

The Apprentice
43 minutes ago, McCrae said:

There are no words.

39 minutes ago, DarioHMFC said:

As per my previous post, the money wouldn’t have went to the playing budget if it wasn’t going to the woman’s team. 

If the money wasn’t spent on women’s football where would it go?

26 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Looks like some posters cant let go of their underlying sexist views, lets be honest.

It’s a pretty low blow to try and play the sexiest card. That is just wrong. 

If that is your real belief perhaps you need to question why you make such sweeping generalisations. It’s wrong to do so and if anything is a sexist view. 

The Treasurer
1 hour ago, McCrae said:

This is the best argument FOR spending money on a womens team so far

CloustonHMFC
9 minutes ago, McCrae said:

If the money wasn’t spent on women’s football where would it go?

Either on other outgoings the club has on a yearly basis or it would have been banked.

The playing budget is costed on a yearly basis, quite well in advanced too. Everything else is costed around that, with the exception of the absolute necessities needed to survive.

The playing budget can be adjusted accordingly but it’s very unlikely to happen without a cash injection or a transfer fee. 

Your argument about it going towards KL is a moot point because we’re not signing him because he’s an arsehole, not because we can’t afford it. 

1 hour ago, Brighton Jambo said:

I cant tell if you are serious or just on the wind up.  If you are serious your views are so outdated and misguided.

Women's football is going to be something that grows and grows and we are positioned to be at the forefront of that.  No one can put a figure on the benefit but you can safely assume that:

1.  More women/girls will become affiliated with and interested in Hearts.  That means potentially more ticket sales, more merchandise sales etc.

2.  More men may become affiliated with and interested in Hearts as a result of their wife's/sisters/daughters/mothers new found association with and support of the club - leading to more tickets sales/merchandise etc

3.  Sponsors will be looking at the growth of the women's game and wanting a piece of the ever increasing interest it generates, will would be in poll position to capitalise on that.

4.  The positive interest and PR around being so visible in the women's game also generates a wider interest in the club as a whole leading to opportunities regarding sponsorship/fan number increases as above.

And you would reject all that to sign Kyle Lafferty!  Honestly its laughable, what better advertisement for never having genuine fan ownership of the club.  Short termism in the absolute extreme. 

This man knows his stuff 👏

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Brighton Jambo said:

Great post.

Absolute Scenes
1 hour ago, McCrae said:

It’s a pretty low blow to try and play the sexiest card. That is just wrong. 

If that is your real belief perhaps you need to question why you make such sweeping generalisations. It’s wrong to do so and if anything is a sexist view. 

Course its true, nothing I've said is sexist - but people complaining because some money is going into a women's team is suspect

Soon as it was mentioned folk were desperate to not lose the rag because we were investing money in the "not-so-popular-or-as-exciting-or-heavily-followed" women's team. I think it being a women's team plays a part.

Anyone who believes we have prevented money going into the men's budget is blindsided and just plain daft. As its been confirmed, we have different budgets and the money used for the woman's team would NOT have been taken from the men's playing budget and likewise that money would have been in a separate budget, not for the footballing side of things. To sway things like "its wrong, all the money should go in the men's footballing budget" shows that you don't have a clue how a business functions. We are a club team we have established ourselves, have our fingers in many pies because our club owner is a shrewd business woman who has years of experience and awards for how she conducts her business

And then the topper: to spend that budget on resigning Kyle Lafferty...wowsers. So glad you'll no be making decisions about the club. Btw he's been swayed for a massive career changing move to the mighty East Kilbride - that's how much he's worth now.

Edited by Absolute Scenes

Women's football is becoming a thing, i don't blame us for investing in it. 

Personally i think it's shit and won't be watching a single game, but hey. 

Edited by Sagan

Has announced today that sections G and N will remain closed for games against Celtic, Rangers and Hibs. 

Correction - corner sections for away fans are closed. Not G or N. Very poor and misleading article. 

Edited by Famous 1874

Just now, Famous 1874 said:

Has announced today that sections G and N will remain closed for games against Celtic, Rangers and Hibs. 

Lower I assume. 

Just now, davemclaren said:

Lower I assume. 

Sorry I actually believe it’s the away corner sections. 

Article on the daily record was very misleading with the headline.

So nothing to impact Hearts fans.

Just now, Famous 1874 said:

Seems fairer. 😎

1 minute ago, Djnoisy said:

Inviting Uefa would likely carry some risks to ourselves. 😎

1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

Inviting Uefa would likely carry some risks to ourselves. 😎

I was just thinking that, could badly backfire :rolleyes2:

OK what about if Hearts make it plain to UEFA, the SFA, the Premiership, Celtic & Rangers fans that if there is any racist or sectarian singing or chants the allocation to that club or supporters clubs will be witheld for the next 24 months that would include 3 games at Tynecastle there or there abouts for each club if their fans misbehaved.

Someone needs to make a stand against this cancer that is harming our game.

Italian Lambretta

They should also close the first 3 rows of the lower Roseburn when the 2 uglies come to tynie and put netting along those seats. Barbed wire might in fact be better 🤔

1 minute ago, Italian Lambretta said:

They should also close the first 3 rows of the lower Roseburn when the 2 uglies come to tynie and put netting along those seats. Barbed wire might in fact be better 🤔

Not sure about the barbed wire but I can see this happening at some point. 

Should give Rangers and Celtic **** all regardless. They give us the worst section with next to no tickets at their gaff.

1 minute ago, Famous 1874 said:

Should give Rangers and Celtic **** all regardless. They give us the worst section with next to no tickets at their gaff.

We hardly sell them as it is. 

44 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

Not from the pictures posted

It will hit our fans..it is our sections being closed

0_18929564.jpg

Edited by CJGJ

5 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

0_18929564.jpg

If you listen to the interview it’s the away fans bring impacted...for the moment. 

4 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

0_18929564.jpg

It’s the away section, but why not just go back to giving them half or less, the extra 1000 tickets at most doesn’t make it worth it for the hassle and the difference it makes to the support the away team gets. 

6 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

No... she clearly says:

"We closed some of our own sections where we'd trouble. These are open again. But if we have the same sort of thing I will have to address it."

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/latest-hearts-news/hearts-owner-ann-budge-closing-section-of-tynecastle-helped-curb-fan-misbehaviour-1-4990412

Edited by kila

6 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

0_18929564.jpg

"We closed some of our own sections where we'd trouble. These are open again. But if we have the same sort of thing I will have to address it."

You would hope that having sent out a clear message to those in our own support that want to act in an inappropriate manner inside the ground that the same criteria will apply to the Old Firm.

15 minutes ago, kila said:

No... she clearly says:

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/latest-hearts-news/hearts-owner-ann-budge-closing-section-of-tynecastle-helped-curb-fan-misbehaviour-1-4990412

Well today it states for matches against Celtic, Rangers and Hibs closed so not so open

Asked if the closure would remain in place this season for games against the Old Firm and Hibs, Budge told BBC Scotland "We have closed corner sections. That will remain in place because it helped.

"We closed some of our own sections where we'd trouble.

Edited by CJGJ

i wish jj was my dad
40 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

OK what about if Hearts make it plain to UEFA, the SFA, the Premiership, Celtic & Rangers fans that if there is any racist or sectarian singing or chants the allocation to that club or supporters clubs will be witheld for the next 24 months that would include 3 games at Tynecastle there or there abouts for each club if their fans misbehaved.

Someone needs to make a stand against this cancer that is harming our game.

Don't agree with you often Mitch but I am 100% with you here

7 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Well today it states for matches against Celtic, Rangers and Hibs so

Asked if the closure would remain in place this season for games against the Old Firm and Hibs, Budge told BBC Scotland "We have closed corner sections. That will remain in place because it helped.

I think she means the front rows of the Roseburn at each corner, which were in place last season. 

8 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Well today it states for matches against Celtic, Rangers and Hibs so

The bottom left and right sections of the Roseburn will be closed to away fans. She said all home sections will be open.