Ann Budge

Meadows

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

You say we should all support women's football. That's why I'm asking how often you attend.

Geoff, you support Hearts. 

How many games you been to the last 2 years? 

• Replies 933
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• i8hibsh

• Boab

• davemclaren

• AJAMBO

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

42 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

I am sure Geoff will answer once Boab has    shown how often he supports women’s football. 

2 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

You say we should all support women's football. That's why I'm asking how often you attend.

Ah, I see now.

Last season and this i’ve not renewed but walk up as much as I can. What I meant was, we should support if financially as a club. Don’t mind a bit if some money gets diverted from my ticket and FOH money.

Stephen Muddie

Tbh I don't even bother going along to Tynecastle to see the men. 

The women are far more attractive to watch, even when they're not winning forty nil.

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

I am sure Geoff will answer once Boab has    shown how often he supports women’s football. 

The point is obvious tho, you can support and be pro something without actually attending.

I am a live and let live type of guy, but I don't go any gay pride marches, civil rights marches or women's rights marches or rallies. I still believe in them tho.

I am also ok with the woman's game being invested in, I don't plan to go to any games.

It's an arsey question to ask, particularly from someone who supports us from a different country, really just backing himself into a corner.

Edited by Smith's right boot

37 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

The point is obvious tho, you can support and be pro something without actually attending.

I am a live and let live type of guy, but I don't go any gay pride marches, civil rights marches or women's rights marches or rallies. I still believe in them tho.

I am also ok with the woman's game being invested in, I don't plan to go to any games.

It's an arsey question to ask, particularly from someone who supports us from a different country, really just backing himself into a corner.

Womens football isn’t a “cause”, it’s a business that needs paying punters in through the door. 

Why would anyone invest in a sport that people don’t feel they need to go and support? How will it grow if people aren’t funding it?

Seems like regular supporters of the men’s game are happy for women it, but no way would they waste their cash on it. 

2 hours ago, Boab said:

Ah, I see now.

Last season and this i’ve not renewed but walk up as much as I can. What I meant was, we should support if financially as a club. Don’t mind a bit if some money gets diverted from my ticket and FOH money.

I do.

Stephen Muddie
1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

Not sure what he's been saying as I've blocked him. The only ignored member on my dashboard, yet by far not the most annoying kb poster.  

I came to the conclusion ages ago that validating the irish shayne.snoreson wasn't going to be good for my life, especially considering the fact he doesn't have one himself. 

Glad he's still bazooka-ing the board daily with his several thousand posts of pish, though. 

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, Stephen Muddie said:

Not sure what he's been saying as I've blocked him. The only ignored member on my dashboard, yet by far not the most annoying kb poster.  

I came to the conclusion ages ago that validating the irish shayne.snoreson wasn't going to be good for my life, especially considering the fact he doesn't have one himself. 

Glad he's still bazooka-ing the board daily with his several thousand posts of pish, though. 

35 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Womens football isn’t a “cause”, it’s a business that needs paying punters in through the door. 

Why would anyone invest in a sport that people don’t feel they need to go and support? How will it grow if people aren’t funding it?

Seems like regular supporters of the men’s game are happy for women it, but no way would they waste their cash on it. 

It's a growing market. 

That is a fact. 

It's a growing football market, Hearts as a football club would be stupid not to invest in a growing market, especially in thier field of business. 

It is being funded, by Hearts. 

Do you think we should cut all charity links as well, all community projects as they don't fund themselves. 

Basically cut anything that doesn't fund itself? 

The men's team clearly finances all aspects of Hearts as that is our main point for existing, doesn't mean we can't fund other projects tho. 

You are also showing why fan ownership could actually be destructive for us. 

Haringshairband
4 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

It's a growing market. 

That is a fact. 

It's a growing football market, Hearts as a football club would be stupid not to invest in a growing market, especially in thier field of business. 

Do you think we should cut all charity links as well, all community projects as they don't fund themselves. 

The men's team clearly finances all aspects of Hearts as that is our main point for existing, doesn't mean we can't fund other projects tho. 

Good post. Never got the seethe with the women's football team.

Geoff Kilpatrick
8 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

One. What's your point?

Geoff Kilpatrick
6 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

It isn't arsey at all. I've no interest in the woman's game and don't watch it so I don't see why anyone should be "compelled" to support it. I've also got no issue with Hearts funding it either.

Geoff Kilpatrick
7 hours ago, Boab said:

Ah, I see now.

Fair enough. I agree.

Bazzas right boot
9 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

One. What's your point?

My point is you can be in favour of something or even support it without attending. 

For example, people might be in favour of Hearts developing and investing in the women's game but not attend any or many of the games. 

Attendance isn't the only measure of support for something. 

Geoff Kilpatrick
22 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

My point is you can be in favour of something or even support it without attending. 

For example, people might be in favour of Hearts developing and investing in the women's game but not attend any or many of the games. 

Attendance isn't the only measure of support for something. 

And you missed mine completely. However, my point was to Boab and I misinterpreted him so all good. Not like you to jump in though. Oh, and nice try at being snide with the Muddie quote.

19 minutes ago, Baxfee said:

Did I miss Part 2 of Ann’s statement? Just aware it said it would follow shortly 

feeling like she's playing fast and loose with her definition of shortly TBH

On 19/08/2019 at 12:29, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Hearts support kids teams, disabled teams ect which 90% plus of Hearts fans don’t attend 

which is ok but it doesn’t mean our club shouldn’t financially support these teams. Women’s 

football might never get to the level of the men’s game but who knows and our club is doing 

the right thing and that’s the main thing. 

The Treasurer
14 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Hearts support kids teams, disabled teams ect which 90% plus of Hearts fans don’t attend 

which is ok but it doesn’t mean our club shouldn’t financially support these teams. Women’s 

football might never get to the level of the men’s game but who knows and our club is doing 

the right thing and that’s the main thing. 

People seem to forget we are a football CLUB not just a football TEAM

On 19/08/2019 at 18:12, Smith's right boot said:

It's a growing market. 

That is a fact. 

Why should the men's team lose out on signings to pay for women's football?

2 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

What if women’s football meant we could spend more on transfers for the men’s team?

Just now, Vlad Magic said:

What if women’s football meant we could spend more on transfers for the men’s team?

It won't. It's gonnae hinder the Men's team financially.

1 minute ago, ri Alban said:

You don’t know that? No one does.

It “might” and it “might not”.

It also “might” hinder financially for a period of time whereafter it “might” benefit the club financially.

Given Ann is not prone to rush in committing finances to anything without careful consideration and consultations, I trust her decision making on this occasion.

Also from my limited knowledge of ladies football, it’s 100% a growing market and we would be naive to not be involved at this stage. In my opinion of course.

1 hour ago, The Treasurer said:

People seem to forget we are a football CLUB not just a football TEAM

True we are a club that looks after our community it should never be a one way street. 

Without our fans there would be no club and whoever’s running our club has to balance 

the priorities with the financial stability first followed by a successful team on the pitch 

then the facilities, scouting, education, community, women’s football  ect. will all 

benefit. We are the Heart of Midlothian F.C. and we are proud to serve our community 

and help all people to be the best they can be.

I now would like to announce my candidacy for the title of Bard of BLACKBURN.

Edited by mitch41

32 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Aye, signing Whelan, Damour, Naismith and tying up Souttar was hindered by investing in lassies being allowed a shot of the ball too...

14 hours ago, Zlatanable said:

I had a whole thing about 'how soon is now' but like 'how now is soon' 

but I sort of ditched it cos I couldn't work out the pure punchline. 

and my washing machine started acting up, and I got distracted.

How’s the washing machine now? 

45 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

It’s only £100,000 I wish it was more but believe me this money will come back into the club

many times over. Buy more will come back to Hearts than just money because doing the 

right thing by women’s football shows our club is not sexist just like we’re not racist or bigoted.

Hearts are a forward looking club and there is no place for a Dinosaur mentality.

39 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

How do you know ? it may be that one of our sponsors contracts specifies spending on the women’s game or that

one of the donors requested part of their donations was used . 

This has all been covered on other threads but Hearts ladies prior to the clubs involvement was self financing it had sponsors and a lot of volunteers but like the boys game individual girls paid dues and I’m sure like my boys when attending training sessions they pay hearts now. 

On 19/08/2019 at 13:12, Smith's right boot said:

It's a growing market. 

That is a fact. 

This post makes no sense. We can support women’s football without providing financial support. 

Hearts support in women’s football is not an investment. No financial return is expected. Hearts provide a very large gift to women’s football. The size of gift is way beyond any other support we as a club support and I don’t think this size of support is justifiable.

Why should women’s football receive more support than walking or disabled football teams?

1 minute ago, McCrae said:

This post makes no sense. We can support women’s football without providing financial support. 

Hearts support in women’s football is not an investment. No financial return is expected. Hearts provide a very large gift to women’s football. The size of gift is way beyond any other support we as a club support and I don’t think this size of support is justifiable.

Why should women’s football receive more support than walking or disabled football teams?

£100k ( if that is the figure ) equates to 200 cat a season tickets. I would think the publicity and positivity engendered may well bring an increase in support, and other income, for rhe mens team as well. 

38 minutes ago, jambostuart said:

Aye, signing Whelan, Damour, Naismith and tying up Souttar was hindered by investing in lassies being allowed a shot of the ball too...

Yes, but what you don't realise is that we missed out on Neymar.  £100k short of the mark, apparently.

8 minutes ago, McCrae said:

We can’t debate this sensibly because if you don’t agree you’re sexist. 

The call for equal pay is ludicrous. 

Personally I think women’s football should be allowed to develop under its own steam and finances. That way it will be a success in its own right. However I think it’s fantastic that we’ve given help to make sure it can be successful. 

1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

Maybe it will, but the club actively want to promote the women’s game, and our team within that. The club is bigger than just the 1st team. 

Bazzas right boot
13 minutes ago, McCrae said:

Makes perfect sense. 

We are Investing more in a growing niche that our market is expanding in. ( I think that makes sense) 

I'm unsure of you last point, I have no idea of our investment and/or the market status of these football niches. 

Bazzas right boot

Who have they lost out on as a direct result of the women's team being funded?

CloustonHMFC

There is absolutely no way on this planet will the men’s team lose out on signings due to diverting some funding to the woman’s team. Any funding the woman’s team receives will not be taken from the men’s playing budget. Absolutely ludicrous to suggest otherwise. 

6 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

We can’t debate this sensibly because if you don’t agree you’re sexist. 

The call for equal pay is ludicrous. 

Personally I think women’s football should be allowed to develop under its own steam and finances. That way it will be a success in its own right. However I think it’s fantastic that we’ve given help to make sure it can be successful. 

At the moment equal pay would be difficult  but hopefully we are making this a medium term goal that could be achieved over the next 5-10 years. 

1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

Makes perfect sense. 

We are Investing more in a growing niche that our market is expanding in. ( I think that makes sense) 

I'm unsure of you last point, I have no idea of our investment and/or the market status of these football niches. 

The club excepts that it will not make money for the foreseeable in Women’s football. 

Agree that more girls are likely to play football. It doesn’t mean that this will become a profitable business. 

Look ok at the US where millions of girls play soccer.... it’s still not profitable.

Women’s football should receive the same level of support as other good football causes.

The English woman’s super league currently has 12 professional sides and is sponsored by Barclays. 

Not bad seeing as it’s only been going for 9 years.

What is there to say that Scottish or Welsh ladies teams can’t join as the sport grows?

How bad would we feel if 5000 Arsenal ladies supporters were spending hard earned cash at one of our rivals?

6 minutes ago, DarioHMFC said:

There is absolutely no way on this planet will the men’s team lose out on signings due to diverting some funding to the woman’s team. Any funding the woman’s team receives will not be taken from the men’s playing budget. Absolutely ludicrous to suggest otherwise. 

This is wrong. All money the club has could go towards the playing budget.

A business needs money to grow..the women's team are a 'new start' that needs funding..for how long we do not know

However we should remember many women attend the men's matches and bring income to the club.

There are also all the other purchase they make re strips, clothing etc

That income goes to the club as a whole and we should recognise this so investing in women's football seems a decent idea.

There will also be the spin off of young girls growing up in the club structure and who will be encouraged to not only come to matches but spread the word about the club...more people attending simply put means more money for the club

The image of the club will be boosted and that image is what brings in sponsors and backers bringing finance to the club...times are changing and there are many more women in positions of influence and decision making....would they be so willing to spend money at a club who do not cater for 50% of the population ?

I may not personally attend the matches but it does not mean I don't think it is a good idea.

Byyy The Light
1 minute ago, Vlad Magic said:

The English woman’s super league currently has 12 professional sides and is sponsored by Barclays. 

Not bad seeing as it’s only been going for 9 years.

What is there to say that Scottish or Welsh ladies teams can’t join as the sport grows?

How bad would we feel if 5000 Arsenal ladies supporters were spending hard earned cash at one of our rivals?

FIFA have clearly identified women’s game as a route to growth for the sport and their filthy pockets. They are trying to replicate the World Cup, champions league etc and create another gigantic revenue stream mirroring what they have in the men’s game.

Thats the way women’s football is going and the club would be bonkers not to get on that bandwagon at the earliest opportunity.

Hearts women could be what Celtic men are to Scottish football I.e. hoovering up the European money every year.  Let’s face it it’s not something Hearts men will ever do. 

The captain of the women's Manchester United side Alex Greenwood  has just moved to Lyon for a salary of £36,700 per annum with potential for bonus.

It'll take a few pounds to compete at the top level of women's football in Europe

Edited by CJGJ

The BBC produced a report regarding attendances at Women’s football. It shows no growth throughout Europe overall and very small number attending games.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/47871431

The highest growth in women’s football will come from people playing and going to watch the men’s game. Women’s football is a different product and doesn’t appeal to women as much as the men’s game.

Edited by McCrae

Bazzas right boot
20 minutes ago, McCrae said:

The club excepts that it will not make money for the foreseeable in Women’s football. 

Agree that more girls are likely to play football. It doesn’t mean that this will become a profitable business. 

Look ok at the US where millions of girls play soccer.... it’s still not profitable.

Women’s football should receive the same level of support as other good football causes.

Comparing a whole gender to "good causes". 

On that note, I'm out. 

Dalstonjambo

I'm sure this has been raised before, but how do we know the investment in the women's team isn't part of what got us our 'benefactors'? 

kingantti1874
9 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Comparing a whole gender to "good causes". 

On that note, I'm out. 

why are hearts duty bound to set up and fund a women’s team? I’m not against it but we are under no obligation to do so.

I also don’t give a monkeys about the results and never will - it virtually a different sport