Reserves game next week at Oriam

moz

mainstandjambo

As someone who is unable to attend Reserve/U20's matches, I look forward to reading match reports from FF and totally agree with with above post from Dalstonjambo.  

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Footballfirst

• the general

• TheBigO

• Alex Kintner

51 minutes ago, Dalstonjambo said:

FF is one of the best posters on this board, and seems to be a constant attendee at all levels. He's also fair, honest and objective. Not sure him offering an honest opinion is something that should be described as 'negative tosh'.

Exactly and I really enjoy his posts but on this occasion a few other people who were at the game disagree with his summing up 

It's no big deal just opinion 

Let's not allow the reserve threads to go the way of most threads on here and be a big bun fight

16 minutes ago, mainstandjambo said:

As someone who is unable to attend Reserve/U20's matches, I look forward to reading match reports from FF and totally agree with with above post from Dalstonjambo.  

As someone who is unable to attend Reserve/U20's matches, I look forward to reading match reports from FF and totally agree with with above post from Dalstonjambo and mainstandjambo.

I guess the attendance to reserve games is low and I assume that FF would of met most regulars attenders. Killinman could of been standing next to him. :biglaugh:

Edited by I.T.K

John Findlay
1 hour ago, the general said:

Exactly and I really enjoy his posts but on this occasion a few other people who were at the game disagree with his summing up 

Let's not allow the reserve threads to go the way of most threads on here and be a big bun fight

Was taught a longtime ago that no two football supporters see the same game.

1 hour ago, John Findlay said:

Indeed and , when polite , all worth reading and interesting views.

16 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Kirk's comments as always are top notch. That shouldn't be forgotten, he's doing a great job

The more I hear of, and from Kirk, the more impressed I become.

If the boot room is going to succeed, he seems like the natural successor

6 hours ago, John Findlay said:

Also the Reserves are there as a preparation for 1st team football and, therefore, can be judged a success or failure separate from the result. FF's comments,a bit harsh imo, are nothing compared to the comments people on here would have made if the players produced some the slack play, passing and crossing in a  1st team game and that is the standard they are being judged by, not solely their ability to produce a result against a young St Mirren team. For me, on the plus side, the quality of the build up for the goals was worthwhile, the 90 minutes for Whelan and the way he treated the match (ie seriously and encouraging to the players around him), some notable bursts of pace from Moore, Brandon, McDonald, Henderson and Burns (getting to the ball to cross for the 2nd) all made up for some of the more lacklustre play in a match where we dominated possession.

7 hours ago, the general said:

I agree and no way do i want to get into the nastiness that sometimes pervades threads.As you say  just a difference of opinion. I'll be more objective next time.