Players Leaving

VivaObua

4 minutes ago, jambo19 said:

Even though the English window is shut and he has 2 years remaining on his deal so we won't let him go for nothing ?

Only EPL and Championship shut. Other three leagues go to 2 Sept. And if we can get him off the payroll I’d imagine we will be ok to forget about a fee 

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, jambo19 said:

Even though the English window is shut and he has 2 years remaining on his deal so we won't let him go for nothing ?

It’s open for those two leagues, shuts the same day as ours 2/9/19.

Just now, soonbe110 said:

Only EPL and Championship shut. Other three leagues go to 2 Sept. And if we can get him off the payroll I’d imagine we will be ok to forget about a fee 

Didn't realise that. Fingers crossed then for him and Bozanic to move on. 

16 hours ago, Kid Creole said:

Can young guys loaned out still play for the Hearts colts in the Tunnocks Champions League ? (or whatever it is called)

Can see us helping out Robbo/ICT ....

Yes, both Baur and Petkov played on Monday and are currently on loan to Bonnyrigg and Clyde respectively.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Say our matchday squad includes 22 and by a miracle everyone is fit

Pereira, Doyle

Berra, Souttar, Halkett, White, Smith, Hickey, Dikamona

Haring, Whelan, Damour, Irving, Clare

Naismith, Walker, Mulraney, Mashino

Washington, Ikpeazu, MacLean, Keena

That's 22, Zlamal, Lee, Bozanic, Wighton, the 4 obvious experienced players not included.

Brandon, Zanatta, Cochrane, McDonald, Smith, Henderson another 6 kids with a bit of experience to add to the list.

And I have forgotten Burns.

Busy time ahead for Gary Naysmith

40 minutes ago, jambo19 said:

Window is still open for League 1 and league 2 clubs.

34 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Yes and he misses games every season he has been with us, which is all I said. 

Not even being able to see the potential for Zanatta to be a foraging RB if he could be coached into how to defend says it all really, worked for Paterson but he didn’t learn how defend.

I’ve not written Zanatta off yet. Keena seems to get 10 mins here and there so ain’t seen enough of him TBH

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Jamhammer said:

I’ve not written Zanatta off yet. Keena seems to get 10 mins here and there so ain’t seen enough of him TBH

I just think the management don’t seem to fancy him, he’s not really a youngster anymore.

Keena has time but again needs chances created for him.

22 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Yes and he misses games every season he has been with us, which is all I said. 

Not even being able to see the potential for Zanatta to be a foraging RB if he could be coached into how to defend says it all really, worked for Paterson but he didn’t learn how defend.

Zanatta isn't a right back. Logan is a right back. Paterson isn't a right back.

16 hours ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Out:  Lee, Zlamal

Loan (in addition to those already loaned out):  Brandon, Burns, Cochrane, Currie, Henderson, C. Smith

In: Meshino, New RB

I reckon Zanatta, Keena, McDonald, Morrison and Irving will remain here and in and around the match day squad to cover for injuries.  Bozanic and MacLean will be retained as experienced squad players who can help see certain games out.  Wighton will leave on loan or permanently in Jan.

Talk of Wighton having to get an operation on his knee.

Pasquale for King
23 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Zanatta isn't a right back. Logan is a right back. Paterson isn't a right back.

Can’t argue with that logic.

Pasquale for King
7 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Talk of Wighton having to get an operation on his knee.

Struggling to ascertain what’s wrong with him, hopefully rest will work 🤞🙏. Sounds familiar.

Let's get real we have too many players that we're just hoping they can do better.

We want players we know can do the business for Hearts we're not a trialists club.

When was the last time we had a settled team we were all happy with.

Hampden Demolition

Zlamal 

Doyle

Pereria

Smith

White

Halkett

Souttar

Berra

Dikamona

Brandon 

Hickey

Garuccio 

Burns   Loan

Haring

Bozanic   Sell

Clare

Whelan

Dacour

Cochrane 

Irving

Walker

Mulraney

Lee   Sell

MacDonald

Moore   Sell

Morrison   Loan

Zanatta   Sell

C.Smith  Loan

Ikpeazu

Washington

Naismith

McLean 

Wighton   Sell

Keena   Loan

Currie   Sell

Henderson   Loan

18 hours ago, Getintaethem said:

Zlamal - Release

Doyle

Pererira

Smith

White

Halkett

Souttar

Berra

Dikamona

Brandon

Hickey

Gurrucio

Burns - Loan

Harring

Bozanic - release

Clare

Whelan

Dacour

Cochrane

Irving

Walker

Mulranney

Lee - Release

McDonald - possible loan if Mishuno gets WP

Moore - Already loaned to Falkirk?

Morrison - Other possible loan if Mishuno gets WP

Zanatta - Loan

C.Smith - Loan

Ikpeazu

Washington

Naismith

McLean

Wighton - Jan loan

Keena - Loan

Currie - Loan

Henderson

Thats some size of a squad, would like to think there will be a few out on loan and at least a couple out the door.

The above is what I can see happening which if Misuno comes in would give us a squad of 24/25 with 10/11 either leaving or going out on loan

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Hampden Demolition said:

Zlamal 

Doyle

Pereria

Smith

White

Halkett

Souttar

Berra

Dikamona

Brandon 

Hickey

Garuccio 

Burns   Loan

Haring

Bozanic   Sell

Clare

Whelan

Dacour

Cochrane 

Irving

Walker

Mulraney

Lee   Sell

MacDonald

Moore   Sell

Morrison   Loan

Zanatta   Sell

C.Smith  Loan

Ikpeazu

Washington

Naismith

McLean 

Wighton   Sell

Keena   Loan

Currie   Sell

Henderson   Loan

We wouldn’t get a penny for any of those players you want to sell, they’re unlikely to leave their contracts either without a payoff. That’s a 36 man squad, some people reckon we can’t afford two players  every position but we have more than shree 🤔🤷🏾‍♂️🥴?

Edited by Pasquale for King

Really need a squad of about 24. Two players for each position.

Pereira/Doyle

Smith/Brandon

White/Garuccio

Souttar/Dikamona

Berra/Halkett

Whelan/Damour

McDonald/right winger needed

Haring/ ?

Washington/Uche

Naismith/Clare

Walker/Mulraney

We're still a couple short. Still need a striker, still need an attacking midfielder (Japanese guy maybe?) but there are a couple of places to fill.

Keep Keena as forward back-up, Hickey as lb backup and other youngsters for various positions. Morrison loaned or released (still not sure about him) Lose Zanatta, been around for years and still not made the step up, Wighton and McLean to go with an experienced (but younger) striker brought in to replace. Don't know what's going on with Lee, still contracted to us so should still be in and around the first team until he goes,  Bozanic is a good squad player but not sure if required after Whelan and Damour's arrivals (and Haring to come back) Zlamal wants to go back to Poland, fair enough. Silva still third choice.

Heard yet again today that Cummings is in talks but don't know if there's anything in it. Lafferty was supposedly in talks but heard nothing more since. Don't shoot the messenger!

Edited by jambonian

28 minutes ago, jambonian said:

Really need a squad of about 24. Two players for each position.

Pereira/Doyle

Smith/Brandon

White/Garuccio

Souttar/Dikamona

Berra/Halkett

Whelan/Damour

McDonald/right winger needed

Haring/ ?

Washington/Uche

Naismith/Clare

Walker/Mulraney

We're still a couple short. Still need a striker, still need an attacking midfielder (Japanese guy maybe?) but there are a couple of places to fill.

Keep Keena as forward back-up, Hickey as lb backup and other youngsters for various positions. Morrison loaned or released (still not sure about him) Lose Zanatta, been around for years and still not made the step up, Wighton and McLean to go with an experienced (but younger) striker brought in to replace. Don't know what's going on with Lee, still contracted to us so should still be in and around the first team until he goes,  Bozanic is a good squad player but not sure if required after Whelan and Damour's arrivals (and Haring to come back) Zlamal wants to go back to Poland, fair enough. Silva still third choice.

Heard yet again today that Cummings is in talks but don't know if there's anything in it. Lafferty was supposedly in talks but heard nothing more since. Don't shoot the messenger!

Lots of rumours in the last few days about Kyle Lafferty and Jason Cummings. Neither player will be joining Hearts this summer

Zlamal RELEASE

Doyle RELEASE WHEN CONTRACT FINISHES

Pereria

Smith

White

Halkett

Souttar

Berra

Dikamona 

Brandon RELEASE

Hickey

Garuccio 

Burns   LOAN

Haring

Bozanic   RELEASE

Clare

Whelan

Dacour

Cochrane LOAN

Irving LOAN

Walker 

Mulraney

Lee   RELEASE

MacDonald LOAN

Moore   RELEASE

Morrison   LOAN

Zanatta   LOAN

C.Smith  LOAN

Ikpeazu

Washington

Naismith

McLean RELEASE

Wighton   LOAN

Keena   LOAN

Currie   RELEASE

Henderson   LOAN

1 hour ago, wavydavy said:

Lots of rumours in the last few days about Kyle Lafferty and Jason Cummings. Neither player will be joining Hearts this summer

Positves.

Both have scored goals once in a while.

Negatives.

How long's a giraffes leg?

Hampden Demolition
17 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

We wouldn’t get a penny for any of those players you want to sell, they’re unlikely to leave their contracts either without a payoff. That’s a 36 man squad, some people reckon we can’t afford two players  every position but we have more than shree 🤔🤷🏾‍♂️🥴?

When I say sell I mean punt permanently, whether they are free to leave or we get a small fee for them. 

Either way, you’re right in what you say that the squad is too big.

3 hours ago, Hampden Demolition said:

When I say sell I mean punt permanently, whether they are free to leave or we get a small fee for them. 

The unfortunate thing is that those players who are still under contract and don't want to leave have no obligation to go unless we offer a settlement to leave and they can find another club. They could just sit tight and run down their contract if they want a bit like some we have had in the past.

I am sure there will be a number of players going out on loan to come yet and maybe Lee will be on his way but as you say our squad is too big now.

Pasquale for King
4 hours ago, Hampden Demolition said:

I suppose that what happens when a manager signs over 30 players in two years, has so many good youngsters to give game time to and a such a big injury list every season.

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, wavydavy said:

The unfortunate thing is that those players who are still under contract and don't want to leave have no obligation to go unless we offer a settlement to leave and they can find another club. They could just sit tight and run down their contract if they want a bit like some we have had in the past.

I am sure there will be a number of players going out on loan to come yet and maybe Lee will be on his way but as you say our squad is too big now.

You would’ve thought if anyone wanted Lee he would’ve been away by now? Money must be an issue, his wages or the small fee we want? If he’s that desperate to go cancel his contract immediately with no payoff.

rudi must stay
21 hours ago, AndyNic said:

Zlamal (release) he's down at Hearts

Doyle 

Pereria

Smith

White

Halkett

Souttar

Berra

Dikamona 

Brandon Loan

Hickey

Garuccio 

Burns   

Haring

Bozanic   

Clare

Whelan

Dacour

Cochrane 

Irving 

Walker 

Mulraney

Lee   

MacDonald Loan

Moore   Loan

Morrison   

Zanatta 

C.Smith  Loan

Ikpeazu

Washington

Naismith

McLean 

Wighton   Release (not good enough)

Keena   

Currie Loan  

Henderson  Release (not good enough)

It's a good squad in my opinion. Cochrane, time to give him games, It's a shame to release Wighton it was a signing I liked but he's not good enough, and Henderson has made no impact and I don't think ever will. Brandon needs to get his confidence back and a good loan spell would do that (a good team in the Championship) 

Edited by rudi must stay

21 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

You would’ve thought if anyone wanted Lee he would’ve been away by now? Money must be an issue, his wages or the small fee we want? If he’s that desperate to go cancel his contract immediately with no payoff.

Maybe the clubs who were allegedly interested have cooled on him and if he doesn't have a club to go to then he will remain with us as he still has a contract.

If the stories are true and his family are homesick then they could return and leave him here. He will still be getting paid.

There is still a couple of weeks to go before the end of the transfer window so maybe he will get something before then and help take the strain a bit of our wage bill.

Pasquale for King
29 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Maybe the clubs who were allegedly interested have cooled on him and if he doesn't have a club to go to then he will remain with us as he still has a contract.

If the stories are true and his family are homesick then they could return and leave him here. He will still be getting paid.

There is still a couple of weeks to go before the end of the transfer window so maybe he will get something before then and help take the strain a bit of our wage bill.

I know all that and his family are already back down south, my point is if he’s that desperate then leave without any payoff.

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

I know all that and his family are already back down south, my point is if he’s that desperate then leave without any payoff.

He would be extremely foolish to do that until he has another club lined up but then you will know all that.

37 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Wife already back down south. Don’t think he is fully fit yet after op. 

22 hours ago, AndyNic said:

Zlamal RELEASE

Doyle RELEASE WHEN CONTRACT FINISHES

Pereria

Smith

White

Halkett

Souttar

Berra

Dikamona 

Brandon RELEASE

Hickey

Garuccio 

Burns   LOAN

Haring

Bozanic   RELEASE

Clare

Whelan

Dacour

Cochrane LOAN

Irving LOAN

Walker 

Mulraney

Lee   RELEASE

MacDonald LOAN

Moore   RELEASE

Morrison   LOAN

Zanatta   LOAN

C.Smith  LOAN

Ikpeazu

Washington

Naismith

McLean RELEASE

Wighton   LOAN

Keena   LOAN

Currie   RELEASE

Henderson   LOAN

Far too many players to move out. That would leave us with a squad of 17! Players like Bozanic and Maclean are great squad players and will be required over the course of the season. McDonald, Irving, Morrison, Keena and Cochrane will all be getting game time either when we are comfortable winning a match or during the season as injuries dictate. 

Dallas Green

Pereria 1ST CHOICE GK

Doyle BACK UP

Zlamal   RELEASE / SELL

Smith RB

Halkett CB

Souttar CB

Hickey LB

Brandon BACK UP RB

Berra BACK UP CB

Dikamona BACK UP CB

White BACK UP LB

Garuccio LOAN (FITNESS ON RETURN FROM INJURY)

Burns   LOAN

Haring DM 

Whelan DM

Dacour DM (one of these three DM's will have to be back up)

Cochrane BACK UP CM

Irving BACK UP CM

Clare BACK UP CAM

Walker RM/RW

Mulraney LM/LW

MacDonald BACK UP WIDE MF

Morrison  BACK UP WIDE MF

Moore LOAN

Zanatta  LOAN

C.Smith  LOAN

Bozanic RELEASE / SELL (I'd rather use youth as back up)

Lee RELEASE / SELL

Washington ST

Naismith ST / CAM

Ikpeazu BACK UP ST

Keena  BACK UP ST

Currie  LOAN

Henderson  LOAN

Wighton LOAN

McLean RELEASE / SELL

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

He would be extremely foolish to do that until he has another club lined up but then you will know all that.

Players with confidence that they are good enough to get another club do it all the time, not quite as desperate to get away as it would appear then.

9 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Players with confidence that they are good enough to get another club do it all the time, not quite as desperate to get away as it would appear then.

Maybe not. Amazing what money can do.

Pasquale for King
14 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Maybe not. Amazing what money can do.

Yeah it would appear it’s all about the cash, a situation not of our making but costing us money. 

Chris Hamilton & Connor Smith off on loan to Cowdenbeath until January 2020 per HMFC website.

Both still available for Colts & Reserves

Guest ToqueJambo
On 15/08/2019 at 07:56, Pasquale for King said:

We have to have more players as we are in the reserve league. The squad list includes a lot of youngsters. I’m not even sure some of the ones listed are officially in the first team squad.

If you break it down we have about 22-24 what I would call senior players. The rest are still youth even if they have been playing for the first team. It’s a great mix of youth and experience in goal, defence, midfield and up front. 

It depends what the plan is for the youngsters - loans or first team. If its loans for a lot of them (likely given we've just hired a loan manager) then our squad is fine. If not, the likes of lee, bozanic, zlamal, garrucio are most likely to move on. Aside from a couple moving players on hasn’t been a big problem.

Theres really nothing to complain about here though! Best squad in ages.