Players Leaving

VivaObua

Hopefully by the end of the week the squad will also have our Japanese creative midfielder so on paper it's a pretty big squad not massive amounts of quality but we must be looking to shift a few on either perm or loan deals..what we thinking Lee def going to be gone.

Jason Dufner

Would expect Lee will go, hopefully Bozanic to follow.

Wouldn’t shock me to see Brandon shipped out and potentially loan deals for Cochrane & Keena.

Thinking a loan deal for Keena to a prem club would be great if someone would take him like St J or St Mirren be great for him and us. Same could go for Morrison and Irving. Cochrane should be looking at championship level.

1 minute ago, VivaObua said:

Thinking a loan deal for Keena to a prem club would be great if someone would take him like St J or St Mirren be great for him and us. Same could go for Morrison and Irving. Cochrane should be looking at championship level.

Agree with that Zanatta and Keena have proven they can do it in the championship, if they are not going to get game time here we should be looking at a loan to premier league and if they handle it they would likely be starters for us next season. Would be good if we could get the likes of Cochrane, Smith and McDonald all to the same club playing with each other week in week out in a competitive league 

9 minutes ago, VivaObua said:

Think these guys would benefit from a loan deal in spl.

Wouldn't give St.Mirren the steam off my p155 though. 

Edited by Eno
Spelling

8 minutes ago, VivaObua said:

They'd have to want him first, to be honest I don't think any prem teams are going to come calling for a striker that can't get in our team. 

Expect a good few out on loan, wouldn't have thought we would have Gary as loans manager unless the numbers are significant 

Out:  Lee, Zlamal

Loan (in addition to those already loaned out):  Brandon, Burns, Cochrane, Currie, Henderson, C. Smith

In: Meshino, New RB

I reckon Zanatta, Keena, McDonald, Morrison and Irving will remain here and in and around the match day squad to cover for injuries.  Bozanic and MacLean will be retained as experienced squad players who can help see certain games out.  Wighton will leave on loan or permanently in Jan.

Edited by Gashauskis9

BarneyBattles44
Just now, baxterd1974 said:

Expect a good few out on loan, wouldn't have thought we would have Gary as loans manager unless the numbers are significant 

Well spotted its becoming obvious partnerships are brewing between Hearts and others.

Guest ToqueJambo
14 minutes ago, VivaObua said:

I'm the opposite, I think the best place for Harry and Irving is spending as much time training and playing with Naismith, Damour and Whelan as possible.

Edited by ToqueJambo

2 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Loan (in addition to those already loaned out):  Brandon, Burns, Cochrane, Currie, Henderson, C. Smith

I reckon Zanatta, Keena, McDonald, Morrison and Irving will remain here and in and around the match day squad to cover for injuries.  Bozanic and MacLean will be retained as experienced squad players who can help see certain games out.  Wighton will leave on loan or permanently in Jan.

Don’t know if we need a right back. Don’t we have a young right back about ages with Hickey?

14 minutes ago, VivaObua said:

Not heard much about Morrison recently. 

Presume he is still recovering from last seasons injury? 

1 hour ago, ToqueJambo said:

I'm the opposite, I think the best place for Harry and Irving is spending as much time training and playing with Naismith, Damour and Whelan as possible.

Well with the development loans these guys can do half and half and would hopefully be involved every weekend in proper mens football rather than our reserves.

Just now, Mr Elwood P said:

Don’t know if we need a right back. Don’t we have a young right back about ages with Hickey?

Yep, Cammy Logan.  Would he be ready to step up though?  I reckon Hickey was a one off.

Midloth_Iain

Can young guys loaned out still play for the Hearts colts in the Tunnocks Champions League ? (or whatever it is called)

Can see us helping out Robbo/ICT ....

10 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Yep, Cammy Logan.  Would he be ready to step up though?  I reckon Hickey was a one off.

Michael Smith likely to play every game if fit. Brandon can cover. Aidy White maybe be able to play right back if required? Halkett definitely could, defensively at least.

upgotheheads

Cochrane, Keena, Irving and Zanatta (if he's going to make it given his age) should really be staying with the first team squad  and given game time whenever possible imo,  but we certainly do have a lot of players needing to be loaned out.

Suddenly the introduction of Gary Naismith as a loan coach makes more sense.

Getintaethem

Zlamal

Doyle

Pererira

Smith

White

Halkett

Souttar

Berra

Dikamona

Brandon

Hickey

Gurrucio

Burns

Harring

Bozanic

Clare

Whelan

Dacour

Cochrane

Irving

Walker

Mulranney

Lee

McDonald

Moore

Morrison

Zanatta

C.Smith

Ikpeazu

Washington

Naismith

McLean

Wighton

Keena

Currie

Henderson

Thats some size of a squad, would like to think there will be a few out on loan and at least a couple out the door.

Edited by Getintaethem

11 minutes ago, Getintaethem said:

Zlamal

Doyle

Pererira

Smith

White

Halkett

Souttar

Berra

Dikamona

Brandon

Hickey

Gurrucio

Burns

Harring

Bozanic

Clare

Whelan

Dacour

Cochrane

Irving

Walker

Mulranney

Lee

McDonald

Moore

Morrison

Zanatta

C.Smith

Ikpeazu

Washington

Naismith

McLean

Wighton

Keena

Currie

Henderson

Thats some size of a squad, would like to think there will be a few out on loan and at least a couple out the door.

In my opinion, there’s as many as 11 players who could go on loan, leave or aren’t really good enough. The 11 includes 1 keeper. 

You’ve also got two long term injuries there to add, so the squad is potentially down to 23 worthy members. Probably space there still for another bit of quality. 

Edited by Debut 4

15 minutes ago, Getintaethem said:

Zlamal sell

Doyle

Pereria

Smith

White

Halkett

Souttar

Berra

Dikamona

Brandon sell

Hickey

Garuccio 

Burns loan

Haring

Bozanic sell

Clare

Whelan

Dacour

Cochrane loan

Irving

Walker

Mulraney

Lee sell

MacDonald

Moore loaned

Morrison loan

Zanatta keep/loan/sell?

C.Smith loan

Ikpeazu

Washington

Naismith

McLean sell

Wighton

Keena 

Currie loan

Henderson sell

Things in bold is what I would do along with bringing in another right back, winger/attacking midfielder and striker. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
44 minutes ago, Kid Creole said:

Can young guys loaned out still play for the Hearts colts in the Tunnocks Champions League ? (or whatever it is called)

The Euro Wafer Cup I heard

55 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Hickey can play rightback aswell. Two footed

Borders Jambo
9 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

Things in bold is what I would do along with bringing in another right back, winger/attacking midfielder and striker. 

I agree with your sentiments but in order to sell someone, do we not need a buyer.

I suspect some of the players you have listed to sell, will simply play out the remainder of their contract.

51 minutes ago, Kid Creole said:

It is called the Tunnochs Champions League and it's a brilliant tournament.  Every time 8 teams get knocked out another 8 come in.  The final is at Murrayfield on 5th April 2025.

The winners get a month's supply of biscuits.

Ronald Villiers
1 hour ago, Eno said:

Think these guys would benefit from a loan deal in spl.

Wouldn't give St.Mirren the steam off my p155 though. 

Send them to Livi.  Probably got the lowest budget in the league and it's not far away.

heartsfc_fan

Lee, McLean and Zlamal out. Should trim a fair bit off the wage bill.

Loan out Burns, Cochrane, Henderson and Currie.

5 hours ago, Gashauskis9 said:

I agree with the bulk of this. Bozanic will stay and improve with better players around. He is good back up. Zanatta has to break through by Xmas or I there is no point in him being here. Wighton will go on loan once he returns from injury but MacLean can leave now IMO if he can find a club. Currie, Henderson and possibly Brandon and Burns  may be released barring a spectacular loan spell like Zanatta last year.

PhoenixHearts
4 hours ago, Getintaethem said:

Doyle

Pererira

Smith

White

Halkett

Souttar

Berra

Dikamona

Brandon

Gurrucio

Harring

Bozanic

Clare

Whelan

Dacour

Walker

Mulraney

Morrison

Ikpeazu

Washington

Naismith

McLean

Keena

Cleaned it up a bit. 

All the names I've scrubbed should either be sent on loan or allowed to leave (Lee, Bobby).

Time for Cochrane to get some consistent first team action at a smaller club. He won't get that here. Not with Damour, Walker, Whelan and not to mention Haring coming back. 

Pasquale for King
5 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Michael Smith likely to play every game if fit. Brandon can cover. Aidy White maybe be able to play right back if required? Halkett definitely could, defensively at least.

Smith misses games every season, Hickey can play RB too. Might take a bit of coaching but turning Zanatta into a RB could be an idea if they thinks he’s not going to make it as a winger. I would think most of the young guys under 20 who have played first team games will go out on loan. Zlamal, Lee, Bozanic, Wighton and Maclean would be no loss.

Edited by Pasquale for King

2 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Smith misses games every season, Hickey can play RB too. Might take a bit of coaching but turning Zanatta into a RB could be an idea if they thinks he’s not going to make it as a winger. I would think most of the young guys under 20 who have played first team games will go out on loan. Zlamal, Lee, Bozanic, Wighton and Maclean would be no loss.

Michael Smith has played between 20 and 43 League games every season for the last 10 years. He is very dependable both in terms of both performances and fitness.

Zanatta concerted to right back??? That’s a 3am bevy post if ever there was one. We’ve got Logan breaking through. Zanatta won’t make it at Hearts as a forward, definitely not as a right back!

Zlamal, Lee, Bozanic, McLean and Wighton are 100% surplus to requirements as far as I’m concerned.

Clare and Uche could also leave tomorrow and I doubt the performances or results would be affected. 

There are also a handful of other fringe players like Zanatta who are unlikely to ever make it at Hearts and would be better moved on.

CloustonHMFC
9 hours ago, Jason Dufner said:

Would expect Lee will go, hopefully Bozanic to follow.

Wouldn’t shock me to see Brandon shipped out and potentially loan deals for Cochrane & Keena.

From what I heard Brandon asked to leave and was told no. 

5 hours ago, PhoenixHearts said:

Cleaned it up a bit. 

All the names I've scrubbed should either be sent on loan or allowed to leave (Lee, Bobby).

Time for Cochrane to get some consistent first team action at a smaller club. He won't get that here. Not with Damour, Walker, Whelan and not to mention Haring coming back. 

I think Hickey should remain. If White gets injured, we suddenly have a left back problem again.

4 hours ago, DH1986 said:

Zlamal, Lee, Bozanic, McLean and Wighton are 100% surplus to requirements as far as I’m concerned.

Clare and Uche could also leave tomorrow and I doubt the performances or results would be affected. 

There are also a handful of other fringe players like Zanatta who are unlikely to ever make it at Hearts and would be better moved on.

I concur, with the exception of Clare. I'm still hopeful we'll see more from him with Whelan & Damour behind him.

Offering Ikpezu an extension after doing virtually nothing in his first 6 months was ridiculous.

14 hours ago, Getintaethem said:

Zlamal       SELL

Doyle          SELL

Pererira

Smith

White          SELL

Halkett

Souttar

Berra

Dikamona

Brandon     SELL

Hickey

Gurrucio     SELL

Burns          SELL

Harring    

Bozanic        SELL

Clare            SELL

Whelan

Dacour

Cochrane

Irving

Walker           SELL

Mulranney

Lee                SELL

McDonald   SELL

Moore          SELL

Morrison     SELL

Zanatta       SELL

C.Smith

Ikpeazu       SELL

Washington

Naismith

McLean       SELL

Wighton       SELL

Keena           SELL

Currie           SELL

Henderson   SELL

Am i being too harsh. obviously most would be freed as you'd get next to nothing for them.

Edited by mitch41

4 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Am i being too harsh. obviously most would be freed as you'd get next to nothing for them.

:rofl:Yes 

heartsfc_fan
6 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Sell Walker? When we've only just signed him?

Sierra Delta
7 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Maybe a little... :lol: 

With the English window shut where would Lee move to ?

Wighton, Henderson, Morrison and Garuccio coming back from injury so 6 month loans for them would help get them match sharp.

Brandon, Zanatta, Smith, Currie, Cochrane all on development loans.

Punt Zlamal, Bozanic and MacLean 

Edited by jambo19

15 hours ago, Debut 4 said:

In my opinion, there’s as many as 11 players who could go on loan, leave or aren’t really good enough. The 11 includes 1 keeper. 

You’ve also got two long term injuries there to add, so the squad is potentially down to 23 worthy members. Probably space there still for another bit of quality. 

Might need a loans manager if there’s that many 

35 minutes ago, jambo19 said:

With the English window shut where would Lee move to ?

Wighton, Henderson, Morrison and Garuccio coming back from injury so 6 month loans for them would help get them match sharp.

Brandon, Zanatta, Smith, Currie, Cochrane all on development loans.

Punt Zlamal, Bozanic and MacLean 

League 1/2 where he came from 

Just now, soonbe110 said:

League 1/2 where he came from 

Even though the English window is shut and he has 2 years remaining on his deal so we won't let him go for nothing ?

Pasquale for King
7 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Michael Smith has played between 20 and 43 League games every season for the last 10 years. He is very dependable both in terms of both performances and fitness.

Zanatta concerted to right back??? That’s a 3am bevy post if ever there was one. We’ve got Logan breaking through. Zanatta won’t make it at Hearts as a forward, definitely not as a right back!

Yes and he misses games every season he has been with us, which is all I said. 

Not even being able to see the potential for Zanatta to be a foraging RB if he could be coached into how to defend says it all really, worked for Paterson but he didn’t learn how defend.