• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• vegas-voss

• jake

• Hectormasson

• Hercules

100% no. Don't want him fannying around with his Cumdog nonsense.....that and the fact that he doesn't score goals at this level.

Cummins over Keena every day of the week, Keena has it all to do and looks like a loan job to me, but things can change for players particularly strikers.

Ron Burgundy

I'd definitely be up for giving him a short term deal to prove himself.

If he goes to the dark side then it's a stick on he'll score against us.

23 minutes ago, MacPhee said:

Id rather see keena get a chance 

I would like to see that to but he is unlikely to unless we have a number of injuries in the striking department.

mate in work knows him and Lee Mcgregor. He seems to think he is still very much a jambo.

I'd take him in a heart beat. We need someone with the tenacity and wild streak that he has.

my logic isnt exactly sound, but i think we need a few wild players in the squad. Players we dont seem to like to sign.

We seem to prefer the good professional type, dont think it would do us any harm however.

I would say yes but it is not going to happen.

His wee ned mentality is a peferect suit for Hibs so he will be back playing for them again soon enough.

Stewart MacD
18 hours ago, 1874Gorgie1874 said:

Huge yes. The seethe would be worth it alone 

Yes indeed. I'd love the reaction from some on here. He'd need to score a hat-trick at Fester Rd to win them over. He's still young and developing, unlike some of our recent captures.

I'd take him just to stop the Leithers re-signing him.

1 hour ago, Lfhearts said:

Cummins over Keena every day of the week, Keena has it all to do and looks like a loan job to me, but things can change for players particularly strikers.

Cummings over Keena as Keena has it all to do? So does Cummings 🥴

Pasquale for King

I know he’s desperate to come back, he hasn’t really done much at this level though and we don’t create loads of chances for someone who only doesn’t link up well. Maybe not now but at some point in the future, a few years at a St Johnstone for example would do him good. Levein doesn’t want  Lafferty or Cummings for much the same reason, the baggage that comes with it.

18 hours ago, Hectormasson said:

We certainly miss a wee bit arrogance,somebody the fans can relate with,and idolise ,,,,once the goals start flowing....

I reckon most folk would draw the line at ‘idolise’!

2 hours ago, maroonedinoz said:

I think he found his level with the Hibs

That’s a mighty low level.  :lol: 

Tempted to say yes just because it would be absolutely hilarious to watch the seethe, but then I remember he was crap at Rangers, is a red top headline waiting to happen, and absolutely f***** hated us 3/4 years ago because we released him :lol:

Guest ToqueJambo
1 hour ago, harrykim said:

Yes indeed. I'd love the reaction from some on here. He'd need to score a hat-trick at Fester Rd to win them over. He's still young and developing, unlike some of our recent captures.

I'd take him just to stop the Leithers re-signing him.

Not sure 24 is still young and developing unless cummings is the new scot allan or derek riorden. Both were still being described as great young prospects at 27! (And both of them were/are much better players than Cummings).

4 hours ago, Martin_T said:

There's very little evidence that he is capable of scoring goals at Scottish Premiership level.

Like the hearts team at the moment

I think you will find Cummins has played for his country at most levels, so others who understand football obviously agree.

Keena has it all to do to be a better finisher than Cumdog.

Neither Cummings or Lafferty are happening and never will.

So the next question is,

Will Hearts sign another striker? 

If he's willing to come and within budget, we'd be mad not to sign him IMO. If given a run of games he'd score goals and he's a bit different to our other striking options

Leveins Battalion
2 hours ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Neither Cummings or Lafferty are happening and never will.

So the next question is,

Will Hearts sign another striker? 

Tommi Juric....

Simply put if he is available and if he is willing to come and train with us for a week or two then he would be worth a look

However at present no more than that..lets see how professional he has been over the summer given he is looking to kick start his career once more.

The manager and staff should be able to decide if it is worthwhile doing any more than that after the 'trial'

Leveins Battalion
8 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Where has this come from? 

In my head,I think we will make a loan signing from down south though,just a hunch.Sure Hornby has been linked,maybe trying to shift a few out 1st.

Unknown user
2 hours ago, Lfhearts said:

I think you will find Cummins has played for his country at most levels, so others who understand football obviously agree.

That's a weak argument, Conor Sammon got caps for a superior team at U21, U23 and full international level. He was picked by others who understand football, does that mean he'd be an even better signing than Cummings?

2 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

In my head,I think we will make a loan signing from down south though,just a hunch.Sure Hornby has been linked,maybe trying to shift a few out 1st.

So you just made it up? 🙄

Lots of folk talking up Keena, but haven’t seen anything yet to suggest he’s not going to be another Oliver or Currie. 

We’re definitely identifying and producing decent young players but not many are really making the grade. By that I mean consistently standing out in the first team. Been very impressed with Hickey, but early days. 

Cummings might not be the answer, but fairly low risk with high reward if it does pay off. 

chester copperpot
4 hours ago, Lfhearts said:

If a veil has ever slipped on here, it's this.

Anyone referring to him as that name is defo a 'wrong 'un' 

queensferryjambo

NO.

Guy was a total prick to Hearts fans during games and on twitter etc.

He got a run in a free scoring Rangers side and scored a poor 2 league goals. Nothing convinces me and nothing backs up that he could score at Premiership level.

Judging by some of his off the field antics he wouldn't be a good influence on the younger players in the squad either.

Cc aye right followed hearts since early 70s, never considered not going despite poor fare last few seasons, so no veil to slip. More a Hearts fan than you have ever been.

The Lafferty thread was pointless. 

The Cummings one even more so. 

There is and has been never any interest in signing either of them. 

I would have him. He's got the attitude Naismith had when he was younger (on the pitch), mind he was a wee ***** aswell. It is personal life that's hindering him but maybe with the likes of Berra,Naismith and whealen around him he can sort himself out and mature a bit. Bet he would burst a gut for us every game aswell. 

Not sure on the thinking behind Cummings. He has tried his hand in England and not made it, are we not better giving Keena a chance. It seems ironic for a club with a five year plan that we are so short termist intrerms of our current approach. We border the richest league in the world. Let's say keena, or any other youngster for that matter, has a blinding season, they will become worth some serious money. We have become so obsessed with the quick fix (my theory driven by Levein's last throw of the dice but that is a debate for another day). In short, let's back our own rather than someone who hasn't made the grade where it matters?

12 hours ago, vegas-voss said:

State of him looks like he has just woke up from an all night bender there.He actually looks like the typical washed up Hibs striker.

0_Dan-Westwell.jpg

It's not just a bad tattoo habit that he shares in common with Gary O'connor. 

Just now, Ray Gin said:

It's not just a bad tattoo habit that he shares in common with Gary O'connor. 

Looks FAT too.

Better call Saul

He can go **ck himself and rot with satin in the deep depths  of hell as far as i am concerned.. Can recall him scoring against us and shoving a under arm "up ye ' fist towards us the Gorgie Rd end I was rather raging to say say the least . 

SpruceBringsteen

I would - and I mean this sincerely - rather lick my own arsehole than see that self absorbed cretin play for us.