• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• vegas-voss

• jake

• Hectormasson

• Hercules

Just now, A_A wehatethehibs said:

This is correct, our club hates goalscorers and maverick / bad boy types. You have to be a good guy, good pro, non-goalscorer to fit the Craig Levein striker profile.

Exactly bud, this soft as shite approach is why we are so crap. We need a bit of arrogance within the team. 

wattie exploited
20 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Yes, would have him ahead of Wighton Maclean Henderson Keena. 

in deed except I think Keena could be the best out the rest here  :spoton:

2 minutes ago, Cygnet said:

Exactly bud, this soft as shite approach is why we are so crap. We need a bit of arrogance within the team. 

Cummings would give us that,

definitely!!!

I say why not a young Jambo bam up front is just what we need.

I’d have a manager who could handle him and sort his antics.

21 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

This is correct, our club hates goalscorers and maverick / bad boy types. You have to be a good guy, good pro, non-goalscorer to fit the Craig Levein striker profile.

What was Kyle lafferty? On your belief good guy non goalscorer etc. Not so sure

43 minutes ago, rmreido said:

All day long.

Prefer him to Lafferty, and would play him ahead of big Uche, atm

I'm under no illusions he's a bit of a dafty but right now we could use some arrogance.

Anyone here who would stick with Wighton over him has lost their ****ing minds that is for sure.

21 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

I'd be going for Gary Hooper. Maybe a bit too Celtic minded/polluted though.

😁

Considering he played for Celtic and scored a decent amount of goals against us, I have to say I never really minded Hooper. He didn’t seem to buy into the whole Celtic thing. 

No for me on Cummings. I don’t think he massively improves us. If we are going to get a new striker would have to be a “marquee” type signing. 

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, TDF01 said:

Yes. He scores for fun in the SPL and would be great seeing him score against the vermin.

I'm a yes, but this isn't true. 

Hectormasson
30 minutes ago, Cygnet said:

We certainly miss a wee bit arrogance,somebody the fans can relate with,and idolise ,,,,once the goals start flowing....

People saying no this this 😂😂🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️ We finished on what last season -9 or -10 goal difference 😂😂😂 yeah let’s  continue with players that can’t score goals eh!! Cummings would score 15-20 with hearts and you know he would score against hibs. Get it done hearts! Oh no actually let’s check wyscout for another vanacek or if we are really luck a dauda!!Come on guys wake up we need a natural goal scorer!

larbert_jambo

Has there been any sort of link at all minus people just wanting it to happen?  

I know he was with us at youth level, his mate has said he'd love us to sign him but apart from anything of any substance? 

ITKers? 

How many top flight goals has he scored... not many that’s for sure.

if we’re looking for a problem child to solve our goal drought I’ll have Lafferty if it’s alright! 

10 minutes ago, jake said:

Burnt his bridges.

He was young though so hes not in the snake club.

But never the less .

NO

Exactly this

vlad on the tyne

Better than Wighton and keena more goal threat than maclean so it's an aye from me.  We need a goalscorer end of. 

9 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

I'm a yes, but this isn't true. 

Championship not SPL, but reckon he would score enough in the SPL.

No. In the same way we shouldn't have signed Jamie Walker. Despite their age these guys are past their peak and I have no desire to expend the energy trying to resuscitate their careers when they have basically failed due to their own shortcomings. I get the distinct impression that they think they can come back and it will be easy in this league but when the desire and drive is gone it rarely comes back. 

9 minutes ago, Hectormasson said:

We certainly miss a wee bit arrogance,somebody the fans can relate with,and idolise ,,,,once the goals start flowing....

C'mon Hearts, get Cummings Signed

It's a NO from me ....... is he prolific in the SPL yeah ? 

Senior career*
Years Team Apps (Gls)
2013–2017 Hibernian 114 (55)
2017– Nottingham Forest 14 (1)
2018  Rangers (loan) 15 (2)
2018–2019  Peterborough United (loan) 22 (6)
2019  Luton Town (loan) 5 (1)

Not sure he's even scored in the top flight if he did it was for Rangers .........

Brighton Jambo

A massive 100% no from me.  The boys an trouble maker who doesn’t even score than many goals. 

Other than the opportunity to noise  up Hibs I don’t understand why anyone would want him and let’s be honest that’s no real reason to sign him.

You really can’t teach a player that just has a knack for scoring goals and instinct in front of goal. So he is a daft young lad who messes about... so f*****g what!!!! Levein has never really signed a penalty box striker in either spells as manager you could argue Naismith but he doesn’t play him there.  again let’s  be clever with our scouting and this time land a Cole Stockton. Honestly!!

22 minutes ago, jake said:

Burnt his bridges.

He was young though so hes not in the snake club.

But never the less .

NO

In what way did he burn his bridges ?

BackOfTheNet

Nope to him, nope to Lafferty. We have the quality in the team to score goals, we just need to get the right tactics to create the opportunities and we’ll score. As others have said Keena is the one to be given an opportunity if any. Adding Lafferty or Cummings adds wages and unnecessary baggage.