Jason Cummings YES or NO

rmreido

grumpyespana

Its a tricky one lol he has not set the heather on fire in England but I have got the feeling that if we dinnie sign him and he goes to that other lot he will start to score goals again. Not a easy one for Craig but it all depends on who we are really after to be honest, my personal opinion would be as his pal has said he would be on a free so I would take a chance on Jason we cannot hit a barn door so what do you guys think.

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• vegas-voss

• jake

• Hectormasson

• Hercules

10 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

Now that's an idea I like.

Def needs more chances from the bench.

I'd start him before Uche at the moment.

4 minutes ago, Deevers said:

Yet we were quite prepared to take Lafferty and to try and sort out his problems.

We're not prepared to take lafferty now so why would we take Cummings? 

Yes.  I have doubts about Naysmith's ability to remain fit and Uche has made a poor start to the season.  We could do with one more striker and Cummings is a different type of forward from those we already have.

10 minutes ago, Barack said:

Let's just put some faith in Keena for a change?

How's that for a radical idea...?

That's a great idea, unfortunately Levein showed where he was in the pecking order when we desperately needed a goal against Ross County.

The team lacks arrogance, the only player with it is Naismith.  We need characters turning up to places like Hamilton, St Mirren even Celtic Park with some arrogance and questioning how many he's going to score not if he is going to score.  If we can get him in on a free then it looks to be a very good deal.  Levein has a history and taking guys under his arm and getting a tune out of them, I fear it will be Budge that will veto it out of fear for the clean up costs at Easter Road when he rattles in a few goals. 

2 minutes ago, Lovecraft said:

I'd start him before Uche at the moment.

So would I but I think Washington is our starter.

Tenaciousdandy

Yes, but only if he was willing to work on his behavior/school boy antics off the field and get stuck in 

Altho agree we should be giving Kenna a chance  to show us what he can do with decent service 

4 minutes ago, Sagan said:

We're not prepared to take lafferty now so why would we take Cummings? 

We need a goal scorer -    Cummings immaturity could be sorted out if he came to us. His “problems” pale into insignificance in comparison to those Lafferty had. He’s a Hearts supporter and I reckon he could do the business for us. 

Shanks said no

Yes, he has a point to prove, a chip on each shoulder and if it meant we saw the last of Uche then he would be a godsend

So people giving it he's a Hearts fan, Hmmm his behaviour whilst wearing green against us then? Elvis wins a trophy as club captain buts he's a snake because of his behaviour...

Cummings is a little shit no thanks....

Haringshairband

Yes for me. There are too many fans quick to judge players characters before their footballing ability. It's not about whether your granny would like him, it's about whether he would score goals. I think he would.

Just now, Bauld said:

Would he score goals for us?

If the answer in your head is yes. Then the answer to signing him should also be yes. 

All day long.

Prefer him to Lafferty, and would play him ahead of big Uche, atm

Yes. No brainer.

Zero downside. If he's an arse punt him out on loan, If he's shite punt him out on loan, if he's good win lots of games, if he's amazing make loads of money. 

We've literally spunked hundreds of thousands on shite like Sammon, Osh, Martin, Anderson, El Glass, the list goes on. Its entirely worth the gamble. 

Yes as he has a lot to prove and it's probably his last chance at a decent level.

I wouldn't think he would be demanding a big wage so risk free.

Doubt it will happen though.

I think we need another striker. 

If it were Cummings or nothing? Yes. 

If it were Lafferty or nothing? Yes. 

Wow! File this thread along with the one at the start of the summer where some folk were wanting Dikamona to be a regular starter.

I really do worry about some of our supporters and the types of players they'd want at our club.

Which chance would he have scored on Saturday?

Needing a penalty box striker is a myth. 

Washington, Naismith, Walker can all score.

We need creativity. 

Bridge of Djoum

Look at his scoring record outwith Hibs in the Championship. Pretty poor. 

We need a proven striker at this level, not someone who seems to have a problem with attitude and application.

A resounding ****** no from this cool cat.

Tennant's  6's

I think that he'd be worth a punt, 1 yr loan with the option to buy (for a nominal fee).

MacLean looks finished, and isn't vocal for an older player, while Wighton is so poor & has shown nothing, nor is he likely to. Rory Curry doesn't seem to be rated re first team.

So Cummings and Keena would be two natural finishers, Washington & Uche the strong runners, with plenty of support from midfield & out wide.

A_A wehatethehibs
Just now, Cygnet said:

We are not interested regardless of what the fans think. 

This is correct, our club hates goalscorers and maverick / bad boy types. You have to be a good guy, good pro, non-goalscorer to fit the Craig Levein striker profile.