Strongest team

His name is

All change again. What's our strongest line up? I think we have to go 4-2-3-1

Pereira 

Smith  Soutter  Halkett  Hickey

Whealan  Damour

Mulraney  Naismith  Walker 

Washington 

Looks good on paper but I thought that before Ross Co! 

1 minute ago, His name is said:

Pereira 

Whealan  Damour

Washington 

Same though I expect Mulraney would drop out for Clare in that system

There’s scope to alternate but I think that’s been one of many problems. 

I hope we try to let our strongest 11 settle and get into a rhythm. Of course, there’ll be injuries and suspensions along the way but it seemed at times last season we made changes when it wasn’t needed.  

If Whelan and Damour stay fit and on form I think they’ll become our staple in midfield. Maybe time to persevere with Washington through the middle and try to use his strong and willing running, looking to play him in behind defenders.  

Its really just time for everyone to get the finger out. More energy, willingness and tenacity from the first to last minute. Bring a bit brain as well please. 

23 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

Same though I expect Mulraney would drop out for Clare in that system

No chance if it's based on ability. However Clare seems to be Levein's golden boy so you never know.

LarrysRightFoot

What we lack is width. We now have a pretty decent squad but Mulraney is our only natural winger. Even our full backs aren’t really what you’d describe as attacking.

1 minute ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

What we lack is width. We now have a pretty decent squad but Mulraney is our only natural winger. Even our full backs aren’t really what you’d describe as attacking.

Indeed and this may still be Levein’s downfall. It’s only been obvious for 1.5yrs. 

A lack of dynamism, pace and creativity remain a real worry. 

33 minutes ago, His name is said:

Pereira 

Whealan  Damour

Washington 

Looks about right to me. Its a pretty good side with the only real weakness probably Mulraney (and a back-up winger if either get injured) and a goalscoring striker (other than Naismith).

9 minutes ago, Gorgieshed said:

No chance if it's based on ability. However Clare seems to be Levein's golden boy so you never know.

Neither of them are exactly world beaters. At least Walker gets goals from open play. 

How I would love us to sign a winger that provides assists as well as a few goals. Perhaps the guy from City can play in that role.

26 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

There’s scope to alternate but I think that’s been one of many problems. 

I hope we try to let our strongest 11 settle and get into a rhythm. Of course, there’ll be injuries and suspensions along the way but it seemed at times last season we made changes when it wasn’t needed.  

If Whelan and Damour stay fit and on form I think they’ll become our staple in midfield. Maybe time to persevere with Washington through the middle and try to use his strong and willing running, looking to play him in behind defenders.  

Its really just time for everyone to get the finger out. More energy, willingness and tenacity from the first to last minute. Bring a bit brain as well please. 

Agree.

Stop chopping and changing and play with our strongest 11 as much as possible and get an understanding built up right through the team

If we line up on Friday in 442 then I’ll walk out. My biggest worry is now we have better players we will see the same side as Saturday but Whelan will replace Clare. Walker and Naismith as pretend wingers. Uche and Washington up time. 

4231 is the system for us. The players we have at our disposal are perfect for it. I wouldn’t even be upset seeing this:

Joel 

Smith Berra Halkett Hickey 

Whelan Damour 

Walker Naismith Uche 

Washington

Jambo 4 Ever
7 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

If we line up on Friday in 442 then I’ll walk out. My biggest worry is now we have better players we will see the same side as Saturday but Whelan will replace Clare. Walker and Naismith as pretend wingers. Uche and Washington up time. 

4231 is the system for us. The players we have at our disposal are perfect for it. I wouldn’t even be upset seeing this:

Joel 

Whelan Damour 

Walker Naismith Uche 

Washington

Why would you play Uche?

8 minutes ago, Jenks said:

I'm desperate for Keena to get a run of games. I just have a feeling he would become great. Not really had a run yet.

I agree but I think initially a run from the bench same with McDonald and Cochrane. These lads need game time! No point playing them for one game then they disappear for the next 6! Give them time on the pitch with the experience around them now they will only get better

BarneyBattles44
59 minutes ago, His name is said:

Pereira 

Whealan  Damour

Washington 

This + Doyle Berra Clare White Irvine Dikamona McDonald keena Zannata Smith  etc Haring to come back. And potentially Meshino

18 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

Why would you play Uche?

Giving him the benefit of the doubt and playing him in the position we seen the best out him last year. He is murder tho so I’d happily see a mulraney out there or a Dario. 

32 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

Joel 

Whelan Damour 

Walker Naismith Uche 

Washington

Naismith wasn’t training today. Not sure if that means he’s out for Friday?

42 minutes ago, hearts00 said:

Indeed and this may still be Levein’s downfall. It’s only been obvious for 1.5yrs. 

A lack of dynamism, pace and creativity remain a real worry. 

I would have agreed with you before the transfer window but now I don’t think it’s as pressing a matter, for me we now have 3/4 technically good players in the final 3rd that can play narrow and are smart enough to open teams up (granted we haven’t seen it so far) I’d like to see us play Naismith and Washington up top with walker in behind, supported by better quality centre midfielders in Whelan and Damour. I also think Clare fits into this style better as well so wouldn’t be surprised if we set up narrow 

3 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

Naismith wasn’t training today. Not sure if that means he’s out for Friday?

He doesn’t always train with the side anyway.

30 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

Why would you play Uche?

Clue, which three players are in the season ticket promo photo? Naismith, Uche and Berra. These players will play, when fit.

1 hour ago, His name is said:

Pereira 

Whealan  Damour

Washington 

I’d agree except for I think white will be our best left back in a few months time, or maybe sooner. 

Team for Friday:     

Joel

Smith  Halkett   Berra   White

Damour Whelan 

Walker   Washington Mulraney 

Uche

Play the same 11 for a month minimum to build an understanding.

It used to be that you had possession of the jersey until you lost it. With CL it’s harder to stay in the team than fall out of it.

Last season every pre match on Radio Scotland every interview started with “ So Craig 6 changes from last week, give us your thoughts on that”

3 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Team for Friday:     

Joel

Damour Whelan 

Uche

Naismith defo out injured?

Pereira

Smith Souttar Halkett Hickey

Whelan Damour

Walker Haring Naismith

Washington

Or...

Walker Naismith Mulraney

Or...

Haring in for Whelan or Damour if missing.

4 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Think he might be out going by the press so far.

😭😭

bite your hand off for a replay then. 

Just now, busby1985 said:

😭😭

bite your hand off for a replay then. 

Don't think it goes to replay, or does it? Think with the squad we have now a victory without Naismith should be entirely achievable.

1 hour ago, His name is said:

Pereira 

Whealan  Damour

Washington 

Would agree but prob Clare in for naisy on Friday as he might not be fit

Byyy The Light
27 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Team for Friday:     

Joel

Damour Whelan 

Uche

Time for Uche to be an impact sub 

Byyy The Light
1 minute ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Not if Naismith is injured it’s not!

Personally I’d play Clare or McDonald in Naismith place and Washington up top.

Edited by Byyy The Light

1 minute ago, Byyy The Light said:

Personally I’d play Clare or McDonald in Naismith place and Washington up top.

Uche has a decent goal scoring record in the cup competitions. I’d have him and Washington playing.

Assuming no disaster injuries then I go with

Joel 

smith.    / Halkett.   / Souttar.   /. Hickey

Whelan.   /.  Damour

Naismith 

Walker.        /.      Washington. /.  Mulraney 

if if they don’t deliver then there like for like replacements such Berra. / haring / Clare / Uche 

we we now have a strong SQUAD so no excuses now for Levein 

Byyy The Light
1 minute ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Uche has a decent goal scoring record in the cup competitions. I’d have him and Washington playing.

Fair enough. All about opinions.

If we’re going to play hoofball I’d prefer it was down the channels with quick players making a nuisance of themselves (a la Hibs hoofball) than have us shell balls at an isolated WWE wrestler. 

Thought Naismith was taken off at HT “as a precaution” due to his hamstring feeling “a wee bit” tight?

He back on the treatment table already???

1 minute ago, Byyy The Light said:

Fair enough. All about opinions.

If we’re going to play hoofball I’d prefer it was down the channels with quick players making a nuisance of themselves (a la Hibs hoofball) than have us shell balls at an isolated WWE wrestler. 

Uche is most effective with the ball at his feet. He can also play a pass (Lafferty v Celtic / Walker v Aberdeen). What we now have is competition for places. Souttar, Berra and Halkett competition for two (hopefully) centre back slots. White / Hickey battling for left back, potentially Garuccio as well. Uche, Washington, Naismith, Keena and MacLean competing for striker or forward positions. Booby Zlamal flung out on his arse!

Byyy The Light
57 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Uche is most effective with the ball at his feet. He can also play a pass (Lafferty v Celtic / Walker v Aberdeen). What we now have is competition for places. Souttar, Berra and Halkett competition for two (hopefully) centre back slots. White / Hickey battling for left back, potentially Garuccio as well. Uche, Washington, Naismith, Keena and MacLean competing for striker or forward positions. Booby Zlamal flung out on his arse!

Absolutely. I’ve been wanting Levein to get it right and when you look at that then there’s no excuses! He’s built a brilliant squad. Need to get them playing to their potential and then some after that.

ps MacLean will be offski if he can find another club 

Brighton Jambo
2 hours ago, Cade said:

Gordon

Neilson Pressley Webster Fysass

Brellier

Mikoliunas Hartley Skacel

Bednar Jankauskas

Everyone knew that was the starting 11 week in week out if everyone was fit and Vlad didn’t interfere.  We need to get back to having a core of 9/10 players who will start in the same position every match if fit and available 

CloustonHMFC

Strongest team, with all fit for me would be this:

Pereira

Smith

Souttar

Halkett

White

Damour

Whelan

Walker

Naismith

Mulraney

Washington

4-2-3-1

Haring may well come back and cement a place ahead of Damour or Whelan but until that’s proven, that’s the team I would play. 

Over the next few weeks we might see Clare in instead of Naismith and Berra instead of Souttar.

We have bags of options though so people really need to up their game and fight for a place. 

Edited by DarioHMFC

copa-mundial
3 hours ago, jimmy the jambo said:

What happens when Harring comes back,Who gets dropped? 

With both Whelan and Damour being brought in. As much as I hate to say this, but I think Haring might be out for a lot longer than quoted.