They don't know what they're doing.....

Section Q

7 hours ago, jambo19 said:

I wonder if Gary looks around at other clubs, set ups, coaching staffs and modern football in general or is he comparing coaches now to when he was a player and just having a moan because we have had a poor start to the season. 

By contrast look at Hearts staff against Man City. Are all these guys relevant? Pep would say yes.

https://trainingground.guru/staff-profiles/manchester-city-staff-profiles

Gary Naysmiths role will grow over time and prove vital to development of those long term in the academy, bridging the gap between youth and adult football, something that we struggle with in this country. 

Fair enough question the quality of coaching from Daly or Fox but I'd say it's pretty ignorant to discount the roles of the coaches and naysmith entirely because of some poor form. 

Do you think  its valid to question the ability of fox's  and dalys contribution without  questioning  leviens  and McPhee..?

The results have been terrible along with the performances  for too long . 

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• JamboAl

• iainmac

• davemclaren

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Governor Tarkin
7 hours ago, The Treasurer said:

Seems a few folk are struggling to understand the concept of a weekly newspaper column

Wait...

:interehjrling:

4 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

I think Locke could see the writing on the wall, Neilson and Crawford used to be on the bench talking tactics (Partick when we got relegated for instance).

Yes, YOU THINK!

On 14/08/2019 at 09:04, davemclaren said:

How many is lots?

I'm not sure it really matters how many there are when none of them have one iota about coaching football players at a professional level. As far as I can see there are 4 - CL, AM, JD, Fox. All need to leave IMO.

21 minutes ago, Mr Kipling said:

I'm not sure it really matters how many there are when none of them have one iota about coaching football players at a professional level. As far as I can see there are 4 - CL, AM, JD, Fox. All need to leave IMO.

That’s not the point Gary was making though. 

4 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

That’s not the point Gary was making though. 

Yeah, I know - I'm just frustrated with the manager/coaches!

John Findlay
2 hours ago, JamboAl said:

OK?  Maybe

Got sacked a few times.

Did ok at Portsmouth. Alan Ball was a football man through and through.

46 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Did ok at Portsmouth. Alan Ball was a football man through and through.

Aye, he did OK but nothing special.  Many players are football men through and through but that does not always mean their opinions are correct.

It amazes me how the likes of Nicholas, Sutton, Boyd, Stewart, Thompson etc sit on the sidelines, safely giving their opinions and pontificating with the advantage of hindsight and camera reruns.  It's a different matter when put in the position of translating one's opinions and theories into practice as Neil McCann soon found out.

Away up in Gorgie

The number of coaches seems ok. The quality of said coaches and how they find themselves at Hearts is far more questionable especially given how rancid the first teams results and performances have been for many months. The fact remains we need a fresh figurehead, someone committed to being on the training field day in day out and we need fresh voices, with the required qualifications getting over his message.  

John Findlay
11 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Aye, he did OK but nothing special.  Many players are football men through and through but that does not always mean their opinions are correct.

It amazes me how the likes of Nicholas, Sutton, Boyd, Stewart, Thompson etc sit on the sidelines, safely giving their opinions and pontificating with the advantage of hindsight and camera reruns.  It's a different matter when put in the position of translating one's opinions and theories into practice as Neil McCann soon found out.

I had the privilege of playing against his Portsmouth team as they came to Hms Mercury for pre season training. They played the camp team and beat us 3-2. A certain Mark Hateley scoring two for them. Alan Ball was a joy to talk with.