They don't know what they're doing.....

Section Q

fabienleclerq
36 minutes ago, GorgieRules22 said:

Minimum wage oxygen thief, you my friend seem like a proper tit.

Difference is I was facetious to prove a point about making assumptions on people like you just did to prove a point. 

See you never denied any of it... 

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• JamboAl

• iainmac

• davemclaren

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Everyone in the backroom staff has a clear role. 

And on the general point, Ann Budge is carrying out an overdue review of the football department which will most likely lead to changes. 

1 hour ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Of course he does. 

But he’s moaning about too many coaches? 

We have an assistant, 2 first team coaches, a goalkeeping coach and a fitness coach. 

That’s entirely normal.

I read his point as we have too many coaches that seem to be missing the same mistakes and flaws in the team, week in week out. Whilst we do have a modern set up and a perfectly normal

one, I do think it isn’t working in the manner the club would want. Budge has said she is gonna review all this so I will wait to see what she thinks about it all. 

Francis Albert
2 hours ago, iainmac said:

I'm not sure we gave too many coaches / other staff  but we do seem to have too many who report to the same guy. 

Source : AB 

Ann seemed to be saying that Craig wasn't sure himself who reports to whom in the "football department". 

When asked who someone  in the "department" reports to, his answer is "Me I suppose".

Ann admits Craig is not a good organiser but after five years?

I don't know whether there are too many coaches but if no-one knows who reports to whom (or if they all report on an equal footing to Craig) it is no wonder the players look in a pretty permanent  state  of confusion. Especially when the head coach only takes training a couple of times a week.

Edited by Francis Albert

GorgieRules22
7 minutes ago, fabienleclerq said:

Difference is I was facetious to prove a point about making assumptions on people like you just did to prove a point. 

See you never denied any of it... 

You couldn’t be further from the truth so we’ll leave that part there.

As for saying Gary Mackay is stirring things, what a load of rubbish. If you go to the matches every week like myself and the kids you’ll share the same opinions on football matters at the club as him.

Bazzas right boot

Gary Mackay showing he does not understand business or football. 

Our business  side is Constantly evolving since our rebuild, youth, women's, every age group, commercially and now this. 

Loans are now part and parcel of today's game, even clubs like Arsenal are doing it. We are evolving. 

If we want to do it properly, then that's good. 

Mackay is as bad as Mikey Stewart, he doesn’t ask questions to create debate, he does these pieces to create drama and criticise. 

He's an attention seeking arsehole now. 

Real shame, loved him as a player. 

1 hour ago, Brighton Jambo said:

The fact that Gary McKay can’t see the value in the loan manager role, a role most forward thinking clubs have had in place for a number of years shows he is of a certain era and out of touch and so his opinions should be viewed as such.  Plenty to criticise the club for the Gary Naismith role is not one of them. 

He is saying what most supprters are thinking,he is not out of touch. The Gary Naismith appointment is a sensible move, there are to many players at the club,

somebody should be moving them on,the wage bill must be high.

fabienleclerq
11 minutes ago, GorgieRules22 said:

You couldn’t be further from the truth so we’ll leave that part there.

As for saying Gary Mackay is stirring things, what a load of rubbish. If you go to the matches every week like myself and the kids you’ll share the same opinions on football matters at the club as him.

Are you suggesting I don't? You've not once asked me my opinion on the football or Levein just assumed my stance based on my opinion of GM.

He is always stirring. 

4 minutes ago, ford donald said:

He is saying what most supprters are thinking,he is not out of touch. The Gary Naismith appointment is a sensible move, there are to many players at the club,

somebody should be moving them on,the wage bill must be high.

And there will be a lot more than 3 players out on loan, something Gary MacKay has missed. 

GorgieRules22
6 minutes ago, fabienleclerq said:

Are you suggesting I don't? You've not once asked me my opinion on the football or Levein just assumed my stance based on my opinion of GM.

He is always stirring. 

I’m suggesting that if you have a different opinion from Gary Mackay on the football matters you can’t be watching the same as me.

fabienleclerq
6 minutes ago, GorgieRules22 said:

I’m suggesting that if you have a different opinion from Gary Mackay on the football matters you can’t be watching the same as me.

I don't necessarily but Mackay is having a go at us having too many coaches and a loan manager. I think he's shit stirring. 

A_A wehatethehibs

We’ve got more coaches than William Hunters and a football team who have no plan of attack and no communication, so I don’t really have much issue with anything guys like Stewart and Mackay say about Hearts at the moment. Yes they are quick to stick the boot in because they’re no mate of Leveins, but these guys are just reiterating what the fans are already saying:

Something is wrong with the coaching and management side at Hearts NOT the players.

Ibrahim Tall
1 hour ago, Allowayjambo1874 said:

Genuine question here.

Hearts have said he’ll be a loans manager but do you think a guy with 48 caps and who managed a team in the championship last year will not at any point help out on the training  pitch, even if it’s with the academy boys? Do you believe Hearts will have rigid parameters for his job role and each side will adhere to it or do you think every now and then they will utilise the experience that he brings?

I’m not having a go  at you btw or knocking Hearts if they did as it’s a great opportunity for everyone but I do think it might be naive to think he won’t do any coaching whilst he’s around. 

Its a part time job, if he’s ‘helping out on the training pitch’ on top of his actual job who cares? 

I fail to see any negative in Naysmiths role or any additional support and help he might give on top of that. 

Hungry hippo

The 3 players on loan point is really poorly thought out. Cleary most get put out on loan as late in a transfer window as possible in case of injuries and in our situation it allows Naysmith to actually make the decisions he has been appointed to do.

Hackney Hearts

It's fine for Gary to have a go at our current form - no-one's happy with it.

But he's picked on the wrong issues to illustrate it, he's just showing his ignorance. We have a normal number of coaching staff (maybe discuss their quality?). The Loans Manager role makes complete sense, which is why all EPL and a few Scottish clubs already have one. Has he done any research so he can do comparisons? No. In his latest piece re the substitution in the Ross County game, he states that Euan Henderson has 'barely featured in pre-season' - why not mention that he was the stand-out performer in the Colts' win over Albion Rovers last week? Or was he not aware of that?

1 hour ago, Ibrahim Tall said:

Wtf is the relation between Gary Naysmith & “too many coaches”?

He’s the ‘loan manager’, effectively he’ll be basically going out and watching the players we’ve got on loan and monitoring they’re development and progress. He’s not going to be ‘coaching’ anyone.

Yes and I assume GN will also be involved in managing the Hearts' loan-in players like Fereira and communicating ongoing progress with their parent clubs.  Do not let this deflect people with agendas from airing their gripes.

Francis Albert
32 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Gary Mackay showing he does not understand business or football. 

Our business  side is Constantly evolving since our rebuild, youth, women's, every age group, commercially and now this. 

Loans are now part and parcel of today's game, even clubs like Arsenal are doing it. We are evolving. 

If we want to do it properly, then that's good. 

Mackay is as bad as Mikey Stewart, he doesn’t ask questions to create debate, he does these pieces to create drama and criticise. 

He's an attention seeking arsehole now. 

Real shame, loved him as a player. 

Whatever his intent he seems to have succeeded in creating a debate on here!

I am no great fan of Gary, wasn't even when he played - his main quality was longevity IMO. But he writes a weekly newspaper column. I am glad he doesn't just quote the PR guff that so much of Hearts communications consists of.

As for our "constantly evolving" business side I am interested in it to the extent it improves the performance of the "football department".

Hackney Hearts

My main concern btw - with the number of coaches we have (typical or otherwise), can it please be the specific job of just one of them to tell Uche to stay on his feet?

2 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

Yes, but fails to mention that Naismith role is part-time and that by end of the month there’s likely to be nearer a dozen out on loan. Mackay, Stewart and Levein locked in a room. I’d love to see it. Only one would walk out. 

Stewart would run about before it kicked off and probably slip on some stairs and land on his arse a la Douglas Park. 😉

3 hours ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Unless I'm missing something we have the manager, assistant manager, and 4 coaches (one of them a fitness coach and one a goalkeeping coach). That seems reasonable to me? It's not like we've got dozens of guys shouting at a confused bunch of players. 

Sounds pretty standard to me. Naysmith is an advisor rather than a coach. Daly and Fox assisting Levein and Macphee & Gallagher doing the GK's. Kirk with the Reserves. 

Seems about right!? we potentially have one extra coach compared to ten years ago.

Not that its much to go from, but my two boys football teams, have a manager, goalkeeper coach, three coaches, Physio and 'kitman'.

and that's amateur football.....

Bazzas right boot
17 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Whatever his intent he seems to have succeeded in creating a debate on here!

I am no great fan of Gary, wasn't even when he played - his main quality was longevity IMO. But he writes a weekly newspaper column. I am glad he doesn't just quote the PR guff that so much of Hearts communications consists of.

As for our "constantly evolving" business side I am interested in it to the extent it improves the performance of the "football department".

I'd say he's created further division amongst our support rather than created debate. 

The way he writes his pieces and his timing always leads me to believe that he is doing this rather than to ask solid, constructive questions about the club, he allegedly cares about and supports. 

The last paragraph we can agree on, and it needs to happen soon. 

1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

I'd say he's created further division amongst our support rather than created debate. 

The way he writes his pieces and his timing always leads me to believe that he is doing this rather than to ask solid, constructive questions about the club, he allegedly cares about and supports. 

The last paragraph we can agree on, and it needs to happen soon. 

That is a belter, even by JKB's very low standards. 🙄🙄

2 hours ago, iainmac said:

All about spans & layers Al. 

On the non footballing side, there's no danger that everyone reports directly to Ann, for example. 

Correct. This is what Ann was referring to in her interview imo. 

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, iainmac said:

That is a belter, even by JKB's very low standards. 🙄🙄

Nah, they guy annoys me. 

Maybe unfair, but all he does is boot us when we are down. 

Who needs enemies.. Etc, ect. 

3 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Nah, they guy annoys me. 

Maybe unfair, but all he does is boot us when we are down. 

Who needs enemies.. Etc, ect. 

No agenda there then? 

He writes a column every week from a fan's perspective - he calls it as he sees it. 

Feel free to disagree with him but "all he does is boot us when we are down" is definitely unfair. 

1 hour ago, Francis Albert said:

Ann seemed to be saying that Craig wasn't sure himself who reports to whom in the "football department". 

When asked who someone  in the "department" reports to, his answer is "Me I suppose".

Ann admits Craig is not a good organiser but after five years?

I don't know whether there are too many coaches but if no-one knows who reports to whom (or if they all report on an equal footing to Craig) it is no wonder the players look in a pretty permanent  state  of confusion. Especially when the head coach only takes training a couple of times a week.

So, someone claims they all report to the same guy yet CL doesn't seem to realise that.  Eh?

I get the impression that by accident or design, possibly the former, CL is employing a " delegate and empower" strategy which is not necessarily a bad thing.

annushorribilis III
6 minutes ago, iainmac said:

No agenda there then? 

He writes a column every week from a fan's perspective - he calls it as he sees it. 

Feel free to disagree with him but "all he does is boot us when we are down" is definitely unfair. 

Totally agree.  It seems bizarre to me that posters on here are telling others to calm down, get real, get perspective, have faith , it's all going to come good under CL but then as soon as GM or MS pen a few words (which happen to be in tune with what a lot of people on here are saying) they totally lose their minds over it.  

I actually dont have an issue with Naismith coming in as loans manager as we have a lot of players out on loan I think this is a good role for him.

I do agree though that we as fans should have a right to question the decisons being made at the club just now.  The Manager seems to have endless lives and never seems close to being pulled up for bad performances.  Its always the good times are just aroundthe corner or well come good but he has been saying that for hopw long now? Cathro got very little time to turn things around and Levein punted him, yet nobody seems to be pulling up Craig Levein? Who is he reporting to and who is questioning him on the fact we have only won 7 league matches since October 2018? Everytime Ann speaks she backs him to the hilt and I just dont get it.  

He really needs a result on Friday or I can see fans ramping up the protesting for him to go and rightly so in my opinion.  All Saturday told me is that nothnig has changed since last season. We still havent seen a quality midfield player come in that can take the ball and move it from front to back, I would of said that was the most important bit of business the club needed to get done this window.  It was painful to watch on Satutrday as we slipped 5 points off the top of the table with a tricky set of fixtures coming up.

Really is hard to be positive just now about how things are going.  From the stands on Saturday there seemedd to be a lot of anger towards Levein and a lot of folk wanting rid of him around where I was sitting.

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, iainmac said:

No agenda there then? 

I don't think so, he deliberately times his pieces. 

He gets paid to cause a stir tho. 

This wouldn't even be news if we'd beaten Ross county for example, no one would care. 

He times it when results are poor as to, imo stir up shit and give us a boot as he also dislikes CL. 

This ofc creates more interest. 

He gets paid, so I guess everything from this, to the pitch is big news, fair doos. 

As a prominent Hearts fan it's not helpful on any front imo, as a columnist it will spark a debate. We'll done him. 

Nobody on here really cares about this. 

Because results aren't great, suddenly everything is scrutinised and often criticised, even if folk know little or none of the logic behind the project , suddenly they have an opinion and it's important. 

Anyway, it's even boring me. 

Hopefully Naismith can help us get some players going forward and create ties with other clubs. 

August Landmesser
2 hours ago, GorgieRules22 said:

I take it your happy with performances and have been for a while ?

No, it's been guff since he started. Week after week of pish.

Evening News should never have given him the job.

I'm not a big fan of Mackay to be honest but it's certainly ignited a debate on the coaching side. 

I used to live in Leeds in the 90s and had a season ticket for a couple of years so always look out for their results. Their manager Bielsa is an intriguing character and I remember reading about his coaching staff when he came in. He has 3 assistants, a first team coach, 2 fitness coaches, a goalkeeping coach and a full time analyst. He is on the training pitch every single day with the entire coaching staff and watches his staff go through phases of play repetitively so that players know what to do in situations that crop up on the field. It is very intense and players need to have an incredibly high level of fitness to make his game plan work. He is 63 years old, 9 years older than Craig Levein. 

A lot of their success has been achieved by blooding academy players in the first team and doing the work in training to ensure the transition up is as easy as they can make it. They also play the same way every week, home and away. It's also worth noting that he had the team playing in this style after one pre season. 

A good coaching set up is probably the only way we can punch above our weight in a league with such financial disparities. It's not about numbers it's about having a blueprint and committing to it. For me that means a tracksuit manager and a different approach from the current one. 

Dallas Green
2 hours ago, RobNox said:

Right now, all of the hard earned money being pledged to FoH is going towards paying off Ann Budge.  Not a penny of it is being spent on coaching staff, or anything else for that matter.  A bit embarrassing that MacKay doesn't understand that.

I was going to post exactly that.

Some of our own supporters dont even realise this.

4 minutes ago, Jodami said:

I'm not a big fan of Mackay to be honest but it's certainly ignited a debate on the coaching side. 

I used to live in Leeds in the 90s and had a season ticket for a couple of years so always look out for their results. Their manager Bielsa is an intriguing character and I remember reading about his coaching staff when he came in. He has 3 assistants, a first team coach, 2 fitness coaches, a goalkeeping coach and a full time analyst. He is on the training pitch every single day with the entire coaching staff and watches his staff go through phases of play repetitively so that players know what to do in situations that crop up on the field. It is very intense and players need to have an incredibly high level of fitness to make his game plan work. He is 63 years old, 9 years older than Craig Levein. 

A lot of their success has been achieved by blooding academy players in the first team and doing the work in training to ensure the transition up is as easy as they can make it. They also play the same way every week, home and away. It's also worth noting that he had the team playing in this style after one pre season. 

A good coaching set up is probably the only way we can punch above our weight in a league with such financial disparities. It's not about numbers it's about having a blueprint and committing to it. For me that means a tracksuit manager and a different approach from the current one. 

Tbf Leeds have a budget multi times us. Isnt Biesla the guy that also has spies on the books....?

1 hour ago, busby1985 said:

I read his point as we have too many coaches that seem to be missing the same mistakes and flaws in the team, week in week out. Whilst we do have a modern set up and a perfectly normal

one, I do think it isn’t working in the manner the club would want. Budge has said she is gonna review all this so I will wait to see what she thinks about it all. 

He said we had too many coaches, the has a pop at having Gary as a loans manager. He’s 100% wrong there because this is all normal.

I wouldn’t disagree with what you’ve said and if he had made the point about whether CL has the “right coaches”. 

Personally, I wouldn’t even blink an eyelid if we punted and replaced both Daly and Fox. 

Imo CL could do with freshening up the coaching staff. 

3 minutes ago, Section Q said:

Tbf Leeds have a budget multi times us. Isnt Biesla the guy that also has spies on the books....?

Totally accept that but it's more about the commitment to a coaching ideal and making sure your staff carry this out. 

Yes, he was involved in spying on other teams training, standard practice in South America apparently! 

3 hours ago, bn jambo said:

First team-

• Coach. Austin MacPhee.
  • Asst
  • Manager. Craig Levein
  • HEA
  • Coach. Jon Daly.
  • FORWARDS
  • Coach. Liam Fox.
  • Midfielders
  • Coach. Paul Gallacher.
  • Keeper
  • Coach. Tom Taylor
  • Fitness 

Reserves-

Andy Kirk

Reserves 20s

John Rankin

Under 18s

And Gary Naysmith replacing someone who has left.

Are we really that over loaded.

And not much more than we had when we were in the championship, I think

Hopefully the review of the disorganised football department will look at all aspects.  

Structures, personnel, performance, returns on investment (particularly player and coach recruitment and the £4m spend on the academy).

Unfortunately it is hard to see anyone at the club carrying out this review effectively.  Who would do it?

8 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

He said we had too many coaches, the has a pop at having Gary as a loans manager. He’s 100% wrong there because this is all normal.

I wouldn’t disagree with what you’ve said and if he had made the point about whether CL has the “right coaches”. 

Personally, I wouldn’t even blink an eyelid if we punted and replaced both Daly and Fox. 

I agree about the coaching staff but shouldn't the central idea of how a team is going to play come from the manager? Both need to go. 

Edited by Jodami

Lord Beni of Gorgie

No disrespect to Gary. And I like Gary very much.

He refers to Euan Henderson being asked to do a job on Saturday, well that's like asking Gary's opinion on how to manage a team let alone a business.

The whole Festival thing, I really don't think people are understanding just how important this was, not for the sake of a week, but over years to come.

The business is intrinsically linked to providing funding for the football, sometimes you do have to put things an order that is not immediately obvious, or palatable, in the case of a threadbare pitch.

If you don't trust Ann Budge to get the job done, the baws burst.

Pause for a second when you ask why her review of the football dept is not on our table. She will get it done.

1 minute ago, Jodami said:

I agree about the coaching staff but shouldn't the central idea of how a team is going to play come from the manager? Both need to go. 

Of course it should. 

11 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

I agree. Id be happy if we tried something different with the coaches or replaced them completely. 

Just now, Cruyff Turn said:

Of course it should. 

You obviously know I think it's time for change but the only chance Levein has of saving his job is getting on the training pitch with his coaches, who are inexperienced when it comes down to it, every single day to communicate what he wants and how we are going to play. Everything else needs to go on the back burner. 

Bazzas right boot

2 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Everyone in the backroom staff has a clear role. 

And on the general point, Ann Budge is carrying out an overdue review of the football department which will most likely lead to changes. 

Exactly, a rewiew of the footballing department results in changes. 

Imagine reviewing something, then making changes... 

We clearly do know what we are doing. 

3 hours ago, RobNox said:

Right now, all of the hard earned money being pledged to FoH is going towards paying off Ann Budge.  Not a penny of it is being spent on coaching staff, or anything else for that matter.  A bit embarrassing that MacKay doesn't understand that.

He's just not the brightest. The best columnists tend to be the most intelligent. Gary, like many others trying to be heard, is just not smart enough for his EEN opinion pieces to have any real weight in the debate IMHO. 

20 minutes ago, Jodami said:

Totally accept that but it's more about the commitment to a coaching ideal and making sure your staff carry this out. 

Yes, he was involved in spying on other teams training, standard practice in South America apparently! 

Agree the head coach is responsible for staff doing their jobs. Something isn't "clicking" in our system though. Four league wins this year including only two at home. This, after huge influx of players since Cathro came and went. The coaching set up is unchanged though, so no excuses for coaches not fulfilling their brief...

47 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

I don't think so, he deliberately times his pieces. 

He gets paid to cause a stir tho. 

This wouldn't even be news if we'd beaten Ross county for example, no one would care. 

He times it when results are poor as to, imo stir up shit and give us a boot as he also dislikes CL. 

This ofc creates more interest. 

He gets paid, so I guess everything from this, to the pitch is big news, fair doos. 

As a prominent Hearts fan it's not helpful on any front imo, as a columnist it will spark a debate. We'll done him. 

Nobody on here really cares about this. 

Because results aren't great, suddenly everything is scrutinised and often criticised, even if folk know little or none of the logic behind the project , suddenly they have an opinion and it's important. 

Anyway, it's even boring me. 

Hopefully Naismith can help us get some players going forward and create ties with other clubs. 

Beating Ross county wouldn't have changed all that much I don't think. Players morale must be low. They see supporters discontent and hear/read media criticism. A change of management would change everything.

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Section Q said:

Beating Ross county wouldn't have changed all that much I don't think. Players morale must be low. They see supporters discontent and hear/read media criticism. A change of management would change everything.

++could.