What difference

jake

Yellow Vests began as an actual grass roots equality movement and protest at diesel prices.

It was then subverted and taken over by the far right and is now an anti-government movement of racist bams.

HK is an anti-government movement which is doomed to fail as HK's special status was only guaranteed for 50 years from 1997.

Eventually Chinese law will become HK law.

All the protests are doing is giving China an excuse to move in and annex the territory ahead of schedule.

I support the HK protestors for what they believe.

Although they have zero chance of winning, they are showing that they don’t want to be ruled by the Chinese. Cade is right though. The Chinese will just stick the army in and annex it.

HK is pretty liberal and it would be a shame if it came under that Authoritarian regime. Also one of my favourite places in the world, love it. 

Just another example of what British Colonialism has done to the world, what a feckin mess. 

Some daft Tory twerp was saying yesterday that the UK govt should give everybody in HK a UK citizenship.

He's not really been paying attention since 1997. It's not ours anymore mate.

luckyBatistuta
2 hours ago, Cruyff Turn said:

I support the HK protestors for what they believe.

Although they have zero chance of winning, they are showing that they don’t want to be ruled by the Chinese. Cade is right though. The Chinese will just stick the army in and annex it.

HK is pretty liberal and it would be a shame if it came under that Authoritarian regime. Also one of my favourite places in the world, love it. 

Just another example of what British Colonialism has done to the world, what a feckin mess. 

I love the place too, but all my friends who are from there don’t support the protests, they’re totally against it. It’s a lot of the younger ones who are protesting.

2 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

I love the place too, but all my friends who are from there don’t support the protests, they’re totally against it. It’s a lot of the younger ones who are protesting.

I think the younger ones who have been brought up and more used to Western Culture are afraid that things will change and they will lose a lot of freedoms they currently enjoy. 

Most of them don’t see themselves as Chinese and Beijing has slowly but surely been removing the Democratic rule there, which was agreed by Britain and China, for pro Communist Party rulers. 

A lot of dissidents flee China to Hong Kong and will now no longer be protected there and face extradition.

I can see why they are protesting. Obviously it’s going to piss off a lot of folk there that just want to get on with life.

luckyBatistuta
5 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

I think the younger ones who have been brought up and more used to Western Culture are afraid that things will change and they will lose a lot of freedoms they currently enjoy. 

Most of them don’t see themselves as Chinese and Beijing has slowly but surely been removing the Democratic rule there, which was agreed by Britain and China, for pro Communist Party rulers. 

A lot of dissidents flee China to Hong Kong and will now no longer be protected there and face extradition.

I can see why they are protesting. Obviously it’s going to piss off a lot of folk there that just want to get on with life.

Agree, I was quite shocked to hear them disagree with the protests. I thought they would hold similar views, as I thought it would pretty much be across the board to hold on to the freedoms they currently enjoy.