Ryotaro Meshino - Signs on loan

DesertDawg

the Hearts way
7 minutes ago, Paris 84 said:

Can I ask, is there anything actually linking us to this guy, other than Edinburgh Live web page? Cause I’m looking at the YouTube videos and thinking “ we just dinnae get players like this”. Did anyone see this guy at Tynecastle on Saturday? And if he was actually there, I’m assuming he’d be accompanied by one of their coaching staff, so why would City still be sending him here? 

Fingers crossed anyway!!

Yep, thinking we're(maybe) getting a bit ahead of ourselves here. 

Hope springs eternal though 🤞FTH in anyone's lingo. HHGH 🇶🇦

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sagan

• davemclaren

• Mikey1874

• BarneyBattles44

15 minutes ago, Paris 84 said:

Can I ask, is there anything actually linking us to this guy, other than Edinburgh Live web page? Cause I’m looking at the YouTube videos and thinking “ we just dinnae get players like this”. Did anyone see this guy at Tynecastle on Saturday? And if he was actually there, I’m assuming he’d be accompanied by one of their coaching staff, so why would City still be sending him here? 

Fingers crossed anyway!!

Theres rumours from City fans too but that’s prob where Edinburgh Live have picked up their story. 

the Hearts way
2 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Notts dropped the Japanese lad’s rumour a few weeks ago.

Oh is that right? Missed that!

Please be true. This guy can replace most negativity with one strike!

HHGH 

Just now, the Hearts way said:

Oh is that right? Missed that!

Please be true. This guy can replace most negativity with one strike!

HHGH 

Yeah, he said it on the public forum I think. 👍

the Hearts way
1 minute ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Yeah, he said it on the public forum I think. 👍

Inconspicuous by their absence/silence by a few, with this (potentially) positive news! 🤔

Eddie The Eagle
29 minutes ago, Paris 84 said:

Fingers crossed anyway!!

He was up attending the game on Saturday with Phil Robinson. Man city were up before the Stenhousmuir game for the invitational and were shown around our stadium and facilities,  in the hope they'd see us as a brilliant place to send their younger players looking for game time. I guess it worked 

the Hearts way
1 minute ago, Eddie The Eagle said:

He was up attending the game on Saturday with Phil Robinson. Man city were up before the Stenhousmuir game for the invitational and were shown around our stadium and facilities,  in the hope they'd see us as a brilliant place to send their younger players looking for game time. I guess it worked 

👍

1 minute ago, the Hearts way said:

Inconspicuous by their absence/silence by a few, with this (potentially) positive news! 🤔

Agreed. Good to see you back by the way. It’s been a while. 👍

the Hearts way
2 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Agreed. Good to see you back by the way. It’s been a while. 👍

Who am I? 🤣, who are you?

Edited by the Hearts way

11 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Notts dropped the Japanese lad’s rumour a few weeks ago.

Did he not say he hoped it wasn't going to happen because of the terms

46 minutes ago, thejoff said:

I have never been so excited about a player potentially coming to Hearts after watching that video... wow! He really scores goals like Messi in front of massive crowds and Manchester City think he can play! The Sun are reporting that the only reason we are in with a chance is cos McPhee speaks Japanese... This would be an incredible signing. HHGH

1 minute ago, the Hearts way said:

Who am I? 🤣, who are you?

Recognised your pseudo from a few years ago. You were very vocal about bigoted fans in our end. Think you maybe told some of them to shut up v Inverness, or something along those lines.

You also did what you do for a living a few years ago in my old gaff. 👍

2 minutes ago, Stavropol said:

I have never been so excited about a player potentially coming to Hearts after watching that video... wow! He really scores goals like Messi in front of massive crowds and Manchester City think he can play! The Sun are reporting that the only reason we are in with a chance is cos McPhee speaks Japanese... This would be an incredible signing. HHGH

He does look talented based on the video. A note of caution, though, most of those clips will be against Japanese third tier teams. He only started 4 league games for the Gamba Osaka first team this season out of a possible 21. 

As for Man City signing him, they can afford to take punts on players. There have also been plenty of examples of young players at big clubs who turned out to not be good enough for Scottish Premiership level (Choulay was at Barcelona, Ngoo was at Liverpool).

the Hearts way
1 minute ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Recognised your pseudo from a few years ago. You were very vocal about bigoted fans in our end. Think you maybe told some of them to shut up v Inverness, or something along those lines.

You also did what you do for a living a few years ago in my old gaff. 👍

Yep we were live on BT sport, a Friday night, credit where's it due though, the ignorant bigot in question, did apologise for his behaviour and we shook hands. Dingwall and another couple of bigots (father &son) a few years later. 

There's no room for neanderthal attitudes when it comes to supporting Heart of midlothian f.c 

feedtheroman2

Can't see the GFA being impressed with the likes of this wee dude playing for us!

Madden etc would have him sent off in seconds for being too skilful and not playing for one of the bigots 

the Hearts way
3 minutes ago, feedtheroman2 said:

Can't see the GFA being impressed with the likes of this wee dude playing for us!

Madden etc would have him sent off in seconds for being too skilful and not playing for one of the bigots 

????????????

Sarcasm!!!!

Edited by the Hearts way

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Well.  Used to wearing Umbro.

But why can't I get Daniel Arzani out of my head. 

Not wanting to be negative but not going to get too excited just for the moment 

24 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

He does look talented based on the video. A note of caution, though, most of those clips will be against Japanese third tier teams. He only started 4 league games for the Gamba Osaka first team this season out of a possible 21. 

As for Man City signing him, they can afford to take punts on players. There have also been plenty of examples of young players at big clubs who turned out to not be good enough for Scottish Premiership level (Choulay was at Barcelona, Ngoo was at Liverpool).

If mancity have signed him I would suggest he is more than adequate to play for hearts 

the Hearts way
15 minutes ago, NB GIN said:

If mancity have signed him I would suggest he is more than adequate to play for hearts 

I concur.  HHGH 

5 hours ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

The vile and repugnant green and grey hooped vermin from the weeg?

Can't be them, they've got McGregor at left back :rofl:

18 minutes ago, cocobeab said:

(Volare)

Meshino! Woh oh oh oh

Meshino! Woh oh oh oh 

He’s a Jambo and Japanese

He fookin hates Hibees

repeat 

In-field or on the wing

He shites on John McGinn

He does look like a good player. I don’t want to build my hopes up but it’d be exciting to get a player like that playing for us.

You gotta love a player who plays with the ball that close to his feet at any level. Almost impossible to get the ball of em. I'm keeping me fingers crossed on this one. In every clip he was trying to get forward. No doubt get hoofed all over the shop up here but be delighted to see this one over the line

That boy looks absolutely class. 

Happy to take the ball past players, and has a vision for players making a run. 

If we get him signed, I'll be over the ****ing moon!  :yas:

Bridge of Djoum
Just now, julienbrellier said:

ignore last comment. three newspapers saying we are in talks - jesus 

Fair enough but why did you say he looks ridiculous? In what way? Boys got obvious talent and it’s a very strong rumor. 

3 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

Fair enough but why did you say he looks ridiculous? In what way? Boys got obvious talent and it’s a very strong rumor. 

Ridiculously briiiant I think he meant

3 minutes ago, julienbrellier said:

ridiculous - as in ridiculously good. He would be the highest quality player we have signed since Skacel imo

Beat me to it 😄

11 hours ago, TheBigO said:

I think Smith tends to translate what Daly says, passes it on to Washington, who puts it in English, passes it to Naismith, who will convert it to Scottish and Austin will then get it into Japanese for Ryo.  Easy.

Maybe Ryo should just learn the Scottish/N Irish pronunciation of long throw.  Be quicker.

Ryo... lol... Sounds like someone from street fighter ffs... 

58 minutes ago, Jambotommy said:

Ryo... lol... Sounds like someone from street fighter ffs... 

It's said like Ree-Oh.

Got a mate from Tokyo with the same name. 

Anyway, he looks like an exciting talent. Really hope he signs.

5 hours ago, japanjambo said:

Ryo chan...OIDE KUDASAI! 

DELIGHTED you’ve turned up on here L!! You need to get an email fired to Hearts offering yer linguistic (ohh err!) services ASAP. Even if it’s to tune the wee man into all things Hearts, you could be the deal maker we need 😉👍🏼

I wonder if our training facilities and the youth tournaments we host which attract major clubs make us attractive for loan deals with prized prospects.

The more I think of it, the more I think it might well play a part.

Much has been made that our forwards have suffered from poor service.  Judging by the video it seems that thanks to his trickery and speed of movement, this guy can lay it on a plate with a pie supper with broon sauce and a pint of lager.

Let's hope he signs tomorrow and plays on Friday.

Hopefully he is the link player and creative spark that can lay it on a plate for the strikers. I would normally be over the moon with a signing like this and watching some of the video it could be a fantastic signing. 

Happy in summary if he signs and will be even happier if Austin doesn't bother translating any team talks or half time dressing room chat into English for him . I'll get my coat ... 

9 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

Hopefully he is the link player and creative spark that can lay it on a plate for the strikers. I would normally be over the moon with a signing like this and watching some of the video it could be a fantastic signing. 

Happy in summary if he signs and will be even happier if Austin doesn't bother translating any team talks or half time dressing room chat into English for him . I'll get my coat ... 

Cheerio then 

Eddie The Eagle
1 hour ago, Kiwidoug said:

I wonder if our training facilities and the youth tournaments we host which attract major clubs make us attractive for loan deals with prized prospects.

The more I think of it, the more I think it might well play a part.

100% 

You have major clubs taking part in the invitational which has been a major succes,  and they can't help but be impressed with what we have at Hearts. From our stadium upto the Oriam facility, even our media room. Only thing we don't have is Parking at tynecastle and is still a major issue, but i believe once the old nursery is away we'll look into that space and utilise it. There is even talk of adding another floor onto the skyline 

Things off the field for Hearts have never been better than it is right now