Ryotaro Meshino - Signs on loan

DesertDawg

Thinking about the all foreign Hearts team....

I once had a conversation with a thick as **** Hun (narrows it down by 1) who was going on and on about all the foreigners we were playing under Romanov. He had ignored Hartley, Gordon, Elvis, Webster, Neilson, Driver....

Anyway things unfolded into farce when the stupid prick of a bawsack wouldn’t accept that Berra was Scottish. “But his name is Christophe” he kept on saying. “He’s French”. I couldn’t walk away from the prick as it was at mates house party.

Edited by Jammy T

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sagan

• davemclaren

• Mikey1874

• Morgan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest ToqueJambo
25 minutes ago, Arthur Morgan said:

Goncalves never played at RB. 

Thought he did but it was between him and Flogel. Couldn’t think of another RB.

Guest ToqueJambo
1 hour ago, NRJ1966 said:

No Adam?? Even apart from his cup winning goal, for me he was a fabulous player in 97 and 98

Yeah maybe Adam for deVries on the bench.

Coburg Hearts

It will be interesting to see by how much our walk-up support increases when our Japanese boy makes his debut. If he is even half as good as suggested, we could make a small fortune at the turnstiles over the season, not to mention what the commercial department might have dreamed up.

This could be a very lucrative loan for us, both on and off the pitch.

The future truly is maroon. :HeartsManspotrun:

1 hour ago, Coburg Hearts said:

It will be interesting to see by how much our walk-up support increases when our Japanese boy makes his debut. If he is even half as good as suggested, we could make a small fortune at the turnstiles over the season, not to mention what the commercial department might have dreamed up.

There wont be a noticeable increase in walk ups because of this boy, He's not a Japanese superstar yet. Maybe there will be a few fans of his former club in the city for the festival that will come along but that will probably be it. 

6 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

Portuguese boy, played one game.

Costa??

Janny may have been an outstanding player pre- Hearts. But Fuller and Adam gave better service.

BackOfTheNet
2 hours ago, Herbert said:

There wont be a noticeable increase in walk ups because of this boy, He's not a Japanese superstar yet. Maybe there will be a few fans of his former club in the city for the festival that will come along but that will probably be it. 

Could be wrong but I read the original post as the walkups would occur due to Meshino’s exciting type of play. As in the old cliche “he’s worth the price of admission alone”.

jambo in iraq
7 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

Michael Smith?

BackOfTheNet
7 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

Foreigner is anyone not Scottish though, so Michael Smith could be your RB. Or Maybury for example. If you’re going non-UK (bit of a strange stipulation as we play in the Scottish league) then there’s Cup winning scorer and RB McGowan. Eggert Jonsson played there too as well as recently Godinho. If we’re talking foreign as in ‘non-English speaking countries’ then apart from Barasa and Costa like said above there’s Struna who had a brief stint a few years ago. There’s also Kizys.

Edited by BackOfTheNet

jimmy the jambo
5 hours ago, Coburg Hearts said:

Me & my mate mentioned something similar walking out of Fir Park on Friday.

If we get a positive result against the the tattie munchers or a win 😁 and the signings get a game.

Then the crowd for the accies game will be 18000+,This will most likely be the first chance we’ll see the team we’d expect over the season except Haring & Walker.

John Findlay

He will get played when CL deems he's ready. Despite the criticism CL gets on here he is nobody's fool

Canny wait to see the young man in maroon!

Irrashai, Ryo chan! 

Edited by japanjambo

19 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Why do you think we will finish 6-8th this season? 

Why don't you answer the question? Which incidentally, wasn't directed at you.

2 hours ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Could be wrong but I read the original post as the walkups would occur due to Meshino’s exciting type of play. As in the old cliche “he’s worth the price of admission alone”.

Maybe, I never thought of it that way I just thought he was expecting to see loads of Japanese tourists at games. I'm more hoping this loan goes well so man city give us more players in future. 

19 hours ago, graygo said:

Isn't his contract up after this season anyway?

I'm pretty sure it is, but my point was if we're have another poor league performance, should he just carry on until June regardless?

Seymour M Hersh
18 hours ago, Dayman said:

Never knew we had a connection to city via macphee. That could be very useful. One phone call away from the best manager and probably best team in the world.

They're not even the best team in Europe! 

Let's talk about six baby! :laugh:

As I have read somewhere else this is a young raw talent playing away in a different country so we need to give him time to adjust, not just to Hearts but the whole lifestyle.

2 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

They're not even the best team in Europe! 

Let's talk about six baby! :laugh:

Best team in the best league in the world two years in a row 🤭

It will be exciting to see how Liverpool manage to lose the league this year 😃

Seymour M Hersh
7 minutes ago, Dayman said:

Best team in the best league in the world two years in a row 🤭

It will be exciting to see how Liverpool manage to lose the league this year 😃

Champions League the premier club competition in the world. 

You can see the future now? 

Edited by Seymour M Hersh

7 hours ago, Coburg Hearts said:

I'm just looking forward to the manga-themed programme.

7 hours ago, Coburg Hearts said:

Yea as Herbert said he's no superstar yet but regular football with us could well lead him to get his first international call up. And if we don't scare him off by booing him after his first wayward pass or missed tackle, he night even be keen for another season on loan like Mitchell was (if he is good enough obviously). It's a shrewd commercial signing all round I'd say. Good business relationships with Man U post Demi Mitchell led to us getting Pereira when we were in a pretty bad spot.

41 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

I’d rather win the league as It shows consistency. 

Yep, I can! Get yourself to the first derby at Easter road. You’ll thank me later 😃

1 hour ago, Gershwin said:

Hopefully he turns into Akira when we visit Glasgow's East end, do the world a favour.

1 hour ago, maroonshrew said:

Yea as Herbert said he's no superstar yet but regular football with us could well lead him to get his first international call up. And if we don't scare him off by booing him after his first wayward pass or missed tackle, he night even be keen for another season on loan like Mitchell was (if he is good enough obviously). It's a shrewd commercial signing all round I'd say. Good business relationships with Man U post Demi Mitchell led to us getting Pereira when we were in a pretty bad spot.

We'll sell about a trillion third tops in Japan as folk switch allegiance from Man U/City/Liverpool/Flavour of the month to us.

Ker Ching!

Coburg Hearts

@Herbert , what @BackOfTheNet  wrote above was more what I was thinking. I hadn't really thought about the tourist possibilities, though that is another angle, but more of Jambos who only go to the occasional game or not at all. If the young lad has something special, that X factor, then we might see a spike in walk-ups. 

It might not be a good comparison, but we saw what happened in 2005/06 when Vlad brought in all those good players. It may be that he doesn't have that "something", but i'm a glass three- quarter full kind of guy and I like to dream now and again. :smile:

5 minutes ago, Coburg Hearts said:

@Herbert , what @BackOfTheNet  wrote above was more what I was thinking. I hadn't really thought about the tourist possibilities, though that is another angle, but more of Jambos who only go to the occasional game or not at all. If the young lad has something special, that X factor, then we might see a spike in walk-ups. 

It might not be a good comparison, but we saw what happened in 2005/06 when Vlad brought in all those good players. It may be that he doesn't have that "something", but i'm a glass three- quarter full kind of guy and I like to dream now and again. :smile:

Remember Hearts make it hard for tourists and neutrals buying tickets because they want them to 

be registered. It's all to do with knowing who is sitting in a certain seat like Old Firm fans buying 

seats for their games in the Hearts sections.

Italian Lambretta
3 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Remember Hearts make it hard for tourists and neutrals buying tickets because they want them to 

be registered. It's all to do with knowing who is sitting in a certain seat like Old Firm fans buying 

There should be no restrictions on games outwith old firm and vermin for tourists to walk up and get a ticket for a game. We should be actively encouraging it. We should be bussing loads of Japanese tourists into the hospitality areas 😂

9 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

There should be no restrictions on games outwith old firm and vermin for tourists to walk up and get a ticket for a game. We should be actively encouraging it. We should be bussing loads of Japanese tourists into the hospitality areas 😂

No need for the buses It's easy to lead tourists from Japan to tynecastle. All you need is a big stick with a teddy on it and they will follow it.

Stephen Muddie

We are unlikely to reap merchandise rewards or be swamped by Japanese match attendees ffs. Be realistic. 

Agree that exciting players of quality, such as he promises to be, help boost crowds of Hearts supporters tho, as unsurprising as that is.

chuck berrys hairline

People thinking there's going to be swathes of **** and merchandise through the roof 🤣😂😅 can I have your dealers number some good stuff yous are smoking

Utter fantasy 

There was a bunch of Espanyol fans in the Roseburn for the county game.

A shame as I don’t think they’ll be back in a rush 😂 but I like other fans taking in our games.

Hopefully we can kick on and get the atmosphere back to what it was as there’s not many places that can rival Tynie when we’re playing well and the fans are behind the team.

48 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

We had a cash gate for the Ross County game so hopefully a sign the club are making us more accessible.

maroonlegions
12 minutes ago, Stephen Muddie said:

We are unlikely to reap merchandise rewards or be swamped by Japanese match attendees ffs. Be realistic. 

Agree that exciting players of quality, such as he promises to be, help boost crowds of Hearts supporters tho, as unsurprising as that is.

How much or  how little rewards we reap is still good for the Hearts brand, as it puts us more  on the radar.

If he attracts any % of walk ups or increase on merchandise sales then it's a good thing surely.  

I would not get too premature with your negative spin though, he is well known in Japan after all. Let's wait and see and i did not say anything about being "swamped" as you say , i said it could be good for our brand. 

maroonlegions
14 minutes ago, chuck berrys hairline said:

People thinking there's going to be swathes of **** and merchandise through the roof 🤣😂😅 can I have your dealers number some good stuff yous are smoking

Utter fantasy 

Who is thinking or saying we will be "swamped". 

I said it COULD be a good thing, however small the %.

andythejambo
4 hours ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

You mean the Cash Cow League.... I preferred the European Cup, when you had to be Champions to enter. When Liverpool won their earlier European Cups,  they did so on merit, as League Champions. When did they last win the League ? The next supposed idea for the Cash Cow League, is pre-qualification for the Bayern's, PSG'S, Madrid's of this world regardless of league position....it's all about the money

Seymour M Hersh
18 minutes ago, andythejambo said:

You mean the Cash Cow League.... I preferred the European Cup, when you had to be Champions to enter. When Liverpool won their earlier European Cups,  they did so on merit, as League Champions. When did they last win the League ? The next supposed idea for the Cash Cow League, is pre-qualification for the Bayern's, PSG'S, Madrid's of this world regardless of league position....it's all about the money

It is what it is. No pointing pining for the Fjords! 

i wish jj was my dad

With this guy, Jamie, Washington arriving and hopefully a fit Naismith we have some really exciting options in attack.  I think we will be much more cavalier this season. 

On 16/08/2019 at 18:19, graygo said:

Just change the title to Meshino and boom, you've got the makings of a football chant.

We should re-christen Connor (Washington), Geno. Could work for him too. 

I wonder if Ryotaro MESHINO got any advice concerning us from Miguel PALLARDO or Juanma DELGADO who both went to Japan to play after leaving us. (Juanma's still out there.) 

6 minutes ago, Ski Nae said:

I wonder if Ryotaro MESHINO got any advice concerning us from Miguel PALLARDO or Juanma DELGADO who both went to Japan to play after leaving us. (Juanma's still out there.) 

Highly UNLIKELY.

Edited by DH1986

2 hours ago, Italian Lambretta said:

And selling tons of sushi although I tried it once and thought it was crap. You canny beat a Tony’s fish supper.

TyphoonJambo
4 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

And selling tons of sushi although I tried it once and thought it was crap. You canny beat a Tony’s fish supper.

To be honest, never had one that wasn't stone bloody cold. 

...a bit disco
10 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

To be honest, never had one that wasn't stone bloody cold. 

That's sushi for you.

:biggrin:

Perth to Paisley
5 hours ago, Gershwin said:

Hentai programme would probably sell out.

Stephen Muddie
4 hours ago, Tasavallan said:

Alan Maybury for RB

3 hours ago, Smithee said:

I agree, in a roundabout kind of way 

:laugh:

Edited by Stephen Muddie