Ryotaro Meshino - Signs on loan

DesertDawg

Hubby just told me it is on some japanese site that he had gotten a work permit, and is signing for Hearts. Fingers crossed! 

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sagan

• davemclaren

• Mikey1874

• Morgan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

7 hours ago, JamboFever said:

Sterling work Al, gold star and a signed photo of Our Craig winging their way to you as we type....

Thank you.

I didn't mean to highlight how slow-thinking you were but you can sidestep that if you try harder to keep up.

1 hour ago, japanjambo said:

Hubby just told me it is on some japanese site that he had gotten a work permit, and is signing for Hearts. Fingers crossed! 

Is he well known in Japan?

11 hours ago, Jamboross said:

You can check processing times for each application centre online, turns out Osaka doesn't do Tier 2 visas only Tokyo. 5% done are within 5 days, 65% within 10 days and 100% done within 15 days. So pretty unlikely he'll be here in the next week but shouldn't be too long! 

https://visa-processingtimes.homeoffice.gov.uk/y/tokyo-japan/points-based-system-visas/pbs-tier-2

I'm thinking he already had his application in a few days ago, so I reckon he will get his visa this coming week.

Have thought about you a couple of times since this guy came on the horizon. I’ve got visions of you talking on some Japanese radio station, bumming up all things Hearts. You’ve got it in you to sell the club to the Japanese masses. Think you could be worth your weight in gold here Lynn 😊

Craig Levein reaction including confirming he has agreed to join Hearts 

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/latest-hearts-news/craig-levein-thrilled-as-hearts-move-a-big-step-closer-to-landing-ryotaro-meshino-1-4985880

Edited by Mikey1874

Austin's ability to speak Japanese and his link with city people a factor & folk still asking what value he brings 😱 this & both goalscorers last night and most of our set play goals last year #loveaustin

16 hours ago, bairdy said:

Agree with you 100%,

Seems like we're in the minority re Levein !👍

Any change in manager is a gamble.

In our case it's risking the whole structure of the club.

People need to be careful what they wish for.

We could end up with guy coming in and dismantling everything. 

Is that what we really want ?

Not to mention the cash wasted on compensation and pay off packages involved which could get very expensive and affect the transfer budget.

I think the manager situation needs to be parked until CL's current contract is finished. 

It's unlikely we could have signed most of the players in this transfer window without our current management team.

Edited by luckydug

1 hour ago, luckydug said:

Not to mention the cash wasted on compensation and pay off packages involved which could get very expensive and affect the transfer budget.

I think the manager situation needs to be parked until CL's current contract is finished. 

It's unlikely we could have signed most of the players in this transfer window without our current management team.

A truth mountain of a post.     So many salient points.

1 hour ago, luckydug said:

Is that a, no matter what scenario? Is it acceptable to have another 6th place finish in the league for instance, or 7th or even 8th.

I mean are you saying that, even if we have a terrible league campaign, and worse than last year, we should stick with it? And if so, where do you draw a line in the sand, or don't you have one?

Edited by innerjambo

8 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

Is that a, no matter what scenario? Is it acceptable to have another 6th place finish in the league for instance, or 7th or even 8th.

I mean are you saying that, even if we have a terrible league campaign, and worse than last year, we should stick with it? And if so, where do you draw a line in the sand, or don't you have one?

Why do you think we will finish 6-8th this season? 

The Wrinkly Ninja
3 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Aye....known locally as Mr Poor Mans Busby. Seems to know his way around a Japanese newspaper though!

Just now, davemclaren said:

I think so. He played for Gamba Osaka, who are a pretty big team over there.

Just now, Mr Sifter said:

Have thought about you a couple of times since this guy came on the horizon. I’ve got visions of you talking on some Japanese radio station, bumming up all things Hearts. You’ve got it in you to sell the club to the Japanese masses. Think you could be worth your weight in gold here Lynn 😊

I bum us up everytime I am in Japan...which is a lot!(5months of the year). :2thumbsup:

18 hours ago, TypoonJambo said:

Stewart is a slavering ginnger headed welt, **** him and his opinions

Turned the sound down after the first penalty with him going on and on that it was never a penalty. 

Even the ref on bt sport said it was. 

What an arse that man is 

18 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

Isn't his contract up after this season anyway?

Hackney Hearts
13 hours ago, graygo said:

Wrong feckin song mate.  :seething:

The nice irony here is that the Geno song is about Geno Washington...

On 16/08/2019 at 08:23, Gorgieboy7 said:

Just spotted MacPhee on train, suit on, book with Japanese guy on front cover on table, watching Motherwell on laptop -looks focussed 

Time well spent it seems... HHGH

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/latest-hearts-news/craig-levein-thrilled-as-hearts-move-a-big-step-closer-to-landing-ryotaro-meshino-1-4985880

1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

Interesting interview with Southampton's Maya Yoshida including coming to Europe from Japan. 

Interesting that he recommends Japanese players wanting to come to England would be better off doing so via a 'stepping stone' club to allow them to get used to the culture difference.  Exactly what is happening with Ryo.

50 minutes ago, Stavropol said:

Never knew we had a connection to city via macphee. That could be very useful. One phone call away from the best manager and probably best team in the world.

Pasquale for King
32 minutes ago, Dayman said:

Never knew we had a connection to city via macphee. That could be very useful. One phone call away from the best manager and probably best team in the world.

He does have a lot of connections and has been around, I clicked on his LinkedIn profile to read about how he learned Japanese. It was 2004-5 it says and he gained an N3 qualification, they go N1-5 so it’s seems that and the time between him last using it is why he was taking a refresher course. He has a lot on his plate it would seem and might be why he maybe didn't want to be Head coach two years ago.

20 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

He does have a lot of connections and has been around, I clicked on his LinkedIn profile to read about how he learned Japanese. It was 2004-5 it says and he gained an N3 qualification, they go N1-5 so it’s seems that and the time between him last using it is why he was taking a refresher course. He has a lot on his plate it would seem and might be why he maybe didn't want to be Head coach two years ago.

Yeah he seems to know a lot of people. He’s good mates with the guy who ran the football company I worked for in the states and he speaks extremely highly of him and reckons he’ll go to the very top which, if you know my old boss, is a very positive thing. Not sure how they know each other- possibly from his time in college in the states or through business possibly. Just a very random connection to someone on the other side of the world who’s very influential in football and business. I wouldn’t be surprised if there’s a connection with hearts and an academy in NC soon. 

I’m sure the SFA will do all they can.....

To scupper the deal. 😏

24 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

I’m sure the SFA will do all they can.....

To scupper the deal. 😏

Top banter.

rudi must stay
6 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

I'm pretty sure Locky us fluent in Japanese as well.  That will come in handy.

Locky will no doubt show him around and confuse him at the same time

TyphoonJambo
17 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

I'm pretty sure Locky us fluent in Japanese as well.  That will come in handy.

Lockey hardly speaks English 

7 hours ago, graygo said:

Isn't his contract up after this season anyway?

Innerjambo too  busy with his rant to realise that is what I meant. 

In other words let CL complete his contract and see where we go from there.

There will be a lot of big decisions in the future for Hearts both on and off the park.

26 minutes ago, BelgeJambo said:

Back from Japan Thursday or Friday to do the deal apparently 

Wonder if he'll be up to playing against Celtic ?

Might be too soon possibly travel fatigue. 

Stewie Griffin
11 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Given the amount of travelling he’ll be doing this week I would think his first game will probably be against Hamilton at the earliest 

32 minutes ago, luckydug said:

I would save him from the bi-annual Celtic Park tonking.

Hectormasson
3 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

Locky will no doubt show him around and confuse him at the same time

Heard his grantonese isnt too bad either,,,

Having this Japanese lad gives us an option of the bench of either himself, Walker, Naisy or Mulraney, as they won’t all start and we need that at the moment. 

Guest ToqueJambo

Hope this lad is the business. Not to get carried away but there is a vacancy for a right sided attacking mid in my best Hearts foreigner XI:

Neimi

J Goncalves Zali Bruno Fyssis

Brellier Salvatori

Meshino? Aguiar Rudi

Jankauskis

Subs: Rousset, Fuller, Pinigol, de Vries, Karipidis, Miko, Flogel

7 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Hope this lad is the business. Not to get carried away but there is a vacancy for a right sided attacking mid in my best Hearts foreigner XI:

Neimi

Brellier Salvatori

Meshino? Aguiar Rudi

Jankauskis

No Adam?? Even apart from his cup winning goal, for me he was a fabulous player in 97 and 98

12 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Neimi

Brellier Salvatori

Meshino? Aguiar Rudi

Jankauskis

Niemi is Scottish. 

Just now, andythejambo said:

Think you'll find Niemi is Finnish 🇫🇮

In his late 40’s so Well and truly. Came out of retirement once though. 

1 hour ago, Jambo92 said:

I would save him from the bi-annual Celtic Park tonking.

Just not sure that will be the case this time, particularly if Naismith is back.  If there is dressing room dissent, I have no idea, it will play into our hands.

Anyway, I agree with you re him not playing against Celtic.

Arthur Morgan
1 hour ago, ToqueJambo said:

Neimi

Brellier Salvatori

Meshino? Aguiar Rudi

Jankauskis

Goncalves never played at RB.