Top Posters In This Topic

• Sagan

• davemclaren

• Mikey1874

• Morgan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, PB21 said:

How many players have Ajax just sold for over 60m!! 

When was last time Scotland produced anyone over 60m

:tlj:

Maroonblood22
5 minutes ago, PB21 said:

How many players have Ajax just sold for over 60m!! 

When was last time Scotland produced anyone over 60m

Think he was being sarcastic mate...

2 minutes ago, Maroonblood22 said:

Think he was being sarcastic mate...

Maybe so..... I was just covering all grounds incase he wasn’t....

1 hour ago, E6 Inc said:

Ah sorry, didnt realise that. 

Still, if City are spending money on him then surely even a panel of idiots cant say he isnt good enough for Hearts.

What about a panel of Weegies?

Lord Beni of Gorgie
19 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

That's because we believe the system is bent and quite rightly so to believe that.

Isnt this the great sadness. We live in an era of unbelievable Political Correctness to the extent it will over correct, but yet Scottish football is still run in the tone of a Colombian drug cartel

Panel: Japanese you say, attacking mid, Manchester City. Sounds like an amazing prospect. 

Messenger: Yes he is, a very exciting prospect, would be great for Scottish football. 

Panel: That's brilliant, who's applying??

Messenger: The application is being made by Hearts.

Panel: Right ok, anyone seen the rejected stamp??

2 hours ago, saxondale said:

Connor Sammon was described as world class by Trapattoni in 2013! So doesn’t necessarily mean anything.

Regardless, I’m excited by both Pereira and potentially Meshino.

Which world though? 

Furniture World? 😎 

The Treasurer
41 minutes ago, Lovecraft said:

Yeah, but it would mainly be Hearts benefiting from it, not the OF.

Aw shite, you've just given the panel their reason for rejecting the application :oldsad:

5 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

Panel: Japanese you say, attacking mid, Manchester City. Sounds like an amazing prospect. 

Messenger: Yes he is, a very exciting prospect, would be great for Scottish football. 

Panel: That's brilliant, who's applying??

Messenger: The application is being made by Hearts.

Panel: Right ok, anyone seen the rejected stamp??

I think the last response would be... 

Hearts? Has anyone phoned Stevie or Lenny to tell them about this guy...

8 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

https://workpermit.com/immigration/united-kingdom/tier-2-sportsperson-visa

Light reading.

As Ribble mentioned there is a points system, which would then instigate the appeal for a Tier 1 visa, "exceptional talent".

How that could be argued not sure, Pep might help

So Meshino is not an 'exceptional talent' in the English premier league, but would be in SPFL. 

So English sport's governing body would say no to his visa application, but the Scottish sport's governing body are more likely to say yes. 

So Man City are loaning us an 'exceptional talent' to help us on the pitch, and in return he goes back with a bit of game time and British work permit. 

Edited by I.T.K

TyphoonJambo
25 minutes ago, johnthomas said:

There will be a word for that 

A thickett? Or maybe a mugging? 

My thinking on it is that it seems quite likely to be granted,   on the face of it and in the circumstances.      However,    there never seems to be any bottom limit to the sheer ****wittery of Scottish Football.     Absolutely nothing can be ruled out in terms of how dysfunctionally and corruptly it is operated.     

Hopeful,   but wary.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, I.T.K said:

As I understand it Meshino is not an 'exceptional talent' in English premier league, but would be in SPFL. 

So English sport's governing body might so no to his visa application, but the Scottish sport's governing body are more likely to say yes. 

So Man City are loaning us an 'exceptional talent' to help us on the pitch, and in return he goes back with a bit of game time and British work permit. 

That's what we are hoping for. Reality is nobody can really say he is an exceptional talent. At 21 he hasn't played for his country.

That's not screaming exceptional talent. Not going to get my hopes up too high, if it was my job and I was sitting on the panel I would honestly have doubts over that tag, SPL or not.

I think we need a lot of help from Manchester City, I am sure they will be doing everything in their power

Just now, jr ewing said:

Good enough for one of the top sides in the world but not good enough for Scottish football. Aye. 

That's not really the case at the moment, or he wouldn't be going on loan.

Who_put_the_ball_in...
9 minutes ago, I.T.K said:

So Meshino is not an 'exceptional talent' in the English premier league, but would be in SPFL. 

So English sport's governing body would say no to his visa application, but the Scottish sport's governing body are more likely to say yes. 

Scottish footballs governing body is cchaired by Rod Petrie. I wouldn’t hold my breath on this being sanctioned 

You'd like to think there are no grounds to reject the guy described as the Japanese Messi 

Would improve our game and more interest from abroad in our game 

Absolutey no logical reason to not grant one 

8 minutes ago, kimosavi said:

You'd like to think there are no grounds to reject the guy described as the Japanese Messi 

Would improve our game and more interest from abroad in our game 

Absolutey no logical reason to not grant one 

I have no idea what the criteria so cant say if one would be granted or not. 

If you take the 1 million transfer to Man City from his CV it looks a little light.  

27 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

That's what we are hoping for. Reality is nobody can really say he is an exceptional talent. At 21 he hasn't played for his country.

That's not screaming exceptional talent. Not going to get my hopes up too high, if it was my job and I was sitting on the panel I would honestly have doubts over that tag, SPL or not.

I think we need a lot of help from Manchester City, I am sure they will be doing everything in their power

Yeh, I'm a bit concerned about it too. On paper there's no way he should get a Visa but hopefully the involvement of City can help us spin a yarn about his ability being exceptional.

Interesting to see if he ever goes on to play for the City first team. I'd doubt it.

Looks a very exciting player though on his YouTube highlights and I really hope we can get him in. We could use the entertainment.

1 hour ago, innerjambo said:

What about a panel of Weegies?

I think its a panel of wee teamers is it not? 

Anyway, surely they cant be that dumb...

Surely.

Would not surprise me in the slightest if the WP was knocked back

SFA is corrupt to the core and i reckon they would bend over backwards to ensure it didn't happen...wankers.

But, if it gets over the line, you have to tip your hat to Levein, tremendous signings :clap:

2 minutes ago, JamboMarc said:

Who was the last foreign player we signed that had a successful application for a work permit?

Absolute guess, but that shambles of a World Cup left back?

2 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Like we did with the previous guy that got rejected for one?

To be fair weve applied twice that I can remember - that Georgian lad who was still in Georgia and has done absolutely nothing in his career. 

And that free agent this summer who had never played outside Africa.

This kid plays for Man City. The last player they bought and failed to get a work permit for they sold to West Ham this summer and he got one for them.

Celtic have had some suspect players granted permits recently too.

He'll get one.

49 minutes ago, Who_put_the_ball_in... said:

Scottish footballs governing body is cchaired by Rod Petrie. I wouldn’t hold my breath on this being sanctioned 

Exactly - how that sleezy tosser got in that position of power stinks - probably because he still has his head stuck up Lawell’s arse!!!

3 hours ago, E6 Inc said:

Man Utd and Man City thought these guys were/are worth spending their time on. 

Us picking up someone on loan from Utd who picked them up permanently for a team in Portugal is very different to us picking up a player on loan from a team in Portugal. If you dont see that you are blinkered. 

And the fact that city have just bought meshino for 900k at 21 years old and our goalie is still with Man U at 23 and was on their pre season tour and stuff means a lot. 

You dont buy a 21 year old unless you expect them to be first team standard in the 12-18 months as they are no longer able to play for the 23s. 

8 minutes ago, Hungry hippo said:

He'll get a work permit.

Without a doubt. It would be a ridiculous decision if he did not. 

5 minutes ago, E6 Inc said:

To be fair weve applied twice that I can remember - that Georgian lad who was still in Georgia and has done absolutely nothing in his career. 

And that free agent this summer who had never played outside Africa.

This kid plays for Man City. The last player they bought and failed to get a work permit for they sold to West Ham this summer and he got one for them.

Celtic have had some suspect players granted permits recently too.

He'll get one.

I hope so. 

21 minutes ago, Hungry hippo said:

He'll get a work permit.

I would a agree, the champions of the best league in the world sign a player with exceptional talent. I would be astonished if the SFA turned us down.

Edited by MTS1874

10 minutes ago, Paulp74 said:

How long do these work permit decisions take? When would we be likely to hear?

Anyone got a stream for the Work Permit Office?

11 minutes ago, Paulp74 said:

How long do these work permit decisions take? When would we be likely to hear?

After the Celtic game, just incase he is good

Lord Beni of Gorgie

There is another angle to this. If you are Anthony McDonald, Dario Zanatta or Calumn Morrison, how do you feel about it?

Coburg Hearts
4 hours ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

I've been here too long. As I was scrolling through that post I knew exactly who would quote it and what their exact word would be :lol: never change. 

Snap!

Just now, Sir Gio said:

There is another angle to this. If you are Anthony McDonald, Dario Zanatta or Calumn Morrison, how do you feel about it?

Probably like i'd need to improve a lot to play regularly for Hearts.

1 minute ago, Sir Gio said:

Try harder.

TyphoonJambo

Morrison is injured dont think Zanetta will make it and Macdonald will learn a lot. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, Homme said:

Probably like i'd need to improve a lot to play regularly for Hearts.

Just now, DesertDawg said:

Try harder.

Absolutely, but how can I improve if I don't get the opportunities. Just playing devils advocate, make the thread a bit more interesting

2 minutes ago, graygo said:

Heard on the radio this morning that we should have an answer by the weekend but will unlikely be in time for tomorrow's game.

:berra:

bringonthesevco
3 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Absolutely, but how can I improve if I don't get the opportunities. Just playing devils advocate, make the thread a bit more interesting

Training alongside an arguably more naturally gifted player is a pretty good opportunity - doesn’t have to be match time ??