Top Posters In This Topic

• Sagan

• davemclaren

• Mikey1874

• BarneyBattles44

On 21/08/2019 at 14:27, Pans Jambo said:

CBA reading this thread.

When's he back here? Anyone know?

Heard he’s going to Thailand for a week on the sauce before signing!

jamboinglasgow
1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

Soon. 

I'm sure I read he was supposed to (providing visa processed in time) be over for today or tomorrow. I imagine we will get an announcement either tomorrow or Monday.

Though if we are doing the 2+2=5 or investigating, I find it curious Hearts had the pre-match press conferences today, normally we do it 1 or 2 days before the game. Could that mean something? probably not

Edited by jamboinglasgow

No danger the guy is going elsewhere since we have secured his work permit, plus if he ever has any chance of appearing for Man City in future then a UK loan deal rather than in continental europe will surely not do him any harm which counts in our favour. Just a case of waiting for his arrival I reckon. 

Disclaimer: Hope he lives up to the hype. :facepalm:

5 minutes ago, CostaJambo said:

Disclaimer: Hope he lives up to the hype. :facepalm:

I already feel sorry for him.

On 21/08/2019 at 10:25, Armageddon said:

Hmmmmm I'm worried about this boy. I just typed his name into Google Translate to see what it mean to English with the view to getting him a nickname or a song.... look what it says 🥴

ADCDD5BB-9260-44F2-94E7-78456ACB784F.jpeg

genuine lol football manager was wrong about him anaw to be fair in my save he was like rudi for about 5 seasons

21 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

I'm sure I read he was supposed to (providing visa processed in time) be over for today or tomorrow. I imagine we will get an announcement either tomorrow or Monday.

Though if we are doing the 2+2=5 or investigating, I find it curious Hearts had the pre-match press conferences today, normally we do it 1 or 2 days before the game. Could that mean something? probably not

It's usually two days before the game, but this one was only rescheduled from Saturday to Sunday a week ago.

5 minutes ago, Sarah O said:

I already feel sorry for him.

Agree, the knives will be out  if he has a slow start but I doubt anyone at Tynie has the slightest interest in what the muppets on here think!

See an article on "Not the Old Firm" by Ben Banks dated today and, apparently, we haven't yet got a work permit.

It must have went wrong!

On 21/08/2019 at 08:48, londonjambo said:

I heard he's a big fan of Strictly Come Dancing. He's particularly fond of the professional dancer Oti Mabuse. In fact, he's so keen on her, he's commissioned a doll to be made which looks like her. A sort of Toy-oti if you like. 

I'll get my kimono. 

Ha ha ha ha a cracker son !

On 21/08/2019 at 08:36, BackOfTheNet said:

Keep thinking of the big Red Indian in the commentary box in Mean Machine and getting the crowd chanting Mean Machine Mean Machine 

could work 😂

Bazzas right boot
On 21/08/2019 at 10:25, Armageddon said:

Hmmmmm I'm worried about this boy. I just typed his name into Google Translate to see what it mean to English with the view to getting him a nickname or a song.... look what it says 🥴

ADCDD5BB-9260-44F2-94E7-78456ACB784F.jpeg

Oh dear. 

There was an app on fb going about, that could just be the reverse of that one, oh wait that was an "ageing" app, not a, never mind. 🙄

He is a Man City player right. He must of had a visa to enter and work in the UK.

He may of needed a different one to sign as a loanee for Hearts but why would 

he need a Japanese visa or is more to do with the JFA.

afanderson33
13 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

He is a Man City player right. He must of had a visa to enter and work in the UK.

Must HAVE. May HAVE.

16 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

It's not a Japanese visa, it's a UK visa, you just need to apply for it from outwith the UK and it makes the most sense for him to do this in Japan. The visa he had when he was over to sign for City and watch our game was likely just a visitors visa, hence why they were planning on loaning him out to a team in the Netherlands as he likely wouldn't have got a work permit for City. He now has a work permit to play for us so is able to apply for a UK working visa. 

Edited by Jamboross

19 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

He never had a visa to work in the UK. He needed a work permit first, which he now has 

Edited by XB52

BackOfTheNet
17 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

He would’ve entered on either a travel visa or short stay business visa to finalise his Man City contract and take in the County game before heading back. He’ll likely now be applying/have applied for a visa which includes a resident permit which will be good for a minimum of two years. 

Seymour M Hersh
10 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

No wedding photos yet?

Just in,

th-1.jpeg

th-2.jpeg

Edited by Seymour M Hersh

Howdy Doody Jambo
15 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Really? What the feck is it then?

Bit strong

That doesn't look anything like our player Meshino 

Seymour M Hersh
3 minutes ago, Old Castle Rock said:

Bit strong

That doesn't look anything like our player Meshino 

Apologies I wasn't meaning to be strong in the reply but very surprised and interested to know what the heck it could be if not a wedding as I'd searched for Japanese wedding images and these came up. I obviously knew it was not him and his bride it was a bit of a fun response to the poster (Mickey1874).

Edited by Seymour M Hersh

2 hours ago, mitch41 said:

He needs a visa to get out of Japan? 

Every day is a school day on here........ 😎 

upgotheheads
2 hours ago, mitch41 said:

Of?   

25 minutes ago, iainmac said:

He needs a visa to get out of Japan? 

Every day is a school day on here........ 😎 

Brill

3 hours ago, afanderson33 said:

Must HAVE. May HAVE.

Exactly!!!

Are people deliberately acting thick?

I'm totally fine with sh1t spelling and punctuation but this using "of" instead of "have" is scumbaggery of the highest order!!!

7 minutes ago, mre said:

Exactly!!!

I'm totally fine with sh1t spelling and punctuation but this using "of" instead of "have" is scumbaggery of the highest order!!!

Must of hit a nerve. 

3 hours ago, BackOfTheNet said:

He would’ve entered on either a travel visa or short stay business visa to finalise his Man City contract and take in the County game before heading back. He’ll likely now be applying/have applied for a visa which includes a resident permit which will be good for a minimum of two years. 

I’m sure that’s correct;

1. Sign for Man City (I’m sure there were conditions that had to be met)  

2. Receive a work permit (he did not automatically qualify for one)  

3. Apply for a visa to enter the country and work tbc

As he would have been unlikely to receive a work permit for Man City I believe the initial thoughts were that he would be loaned to a club in perhaps Holland or Belgium .... however it looks like multi lingual Austin had a few words with him and he understood it was HHGH for him!!

22 minutes ago, mre said:

Exactly!!!

My absolute pet hate, Michael I'm a intellectial Stewart constantly uses of instead rather than have

Get the bad feeling that he is this years Oshinawa/Vanaceck

I hope I am wrong just dont think running past players easily in Japan will be the same in Scotland.

6 minutes ago, Rods said:

I hope I am wrong just dont think running past players easily in Japan will be the same in Scotland.

This is the same year that Vanececk signed therefore he'll be barry. We've already had our dose off pish for this year 

Head up big guy 👍

Glass half full 👍

This doesn’t guarantee he will be a good signing but Man City have just bought him. You can’t really compare him to vanacek a pre contract from the Czech Republic. No one would even pay a nominal fee for that guy

16 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

This doesn’t guarantee he will be a good signing but Man City have just bought him. You can’t really compare him to vanacek a pre contract from the Czech Republic. No one would even pay a nominal fee for that guy

Kinda my take on it, how many Scottish players have City, Liverpool etc spent nearly a million pound on as potential talent !!

Just give the laddie a chance. 🤷‍♂️ Might need a bit of time to acclimatise and get used to being kicked up and down the park, but look, Man City’s scouts aren’t usually wrong, Japan has loads of quality, technically gifted youngsters and they chose the sign this boy. He might be a bit lightweight, he might not be very defensive minded, but he’ll be very skilful and good on the ball and that is why Man City have signed him. 

1 hour ago, Newton51 said:

They might have actually seen him play before signing him 

5 hours ago, mre said:

Exactly!!!

Me too. I absolutely cannot stand when people use 'of' instead of 'have'.  It's bad enough when people say it, but it grinds my gears even more when they right it down that way (sorry, I meant write it down!)

I can forgive the use of their instead of there instead of they're, or of instead of off, it's instead of its, to instead of too, and so on.  Its easy to make those sort of errors if your typing in a hurry (and before anyone pulls me up, that was deliberate use of its instead of it's and your instead of you're).  But if I read that sentence as I wrote it, it doesn't bother me at all, and I wouldn't think to call someone out on it.

But when I see could of, should of, would of, I fecking despair.  I guess I'm just a grumpy old bass!

FarmerTweedy
6 hours ago, lou said:

My absolute pet hate, Michael I'm a intellectial Stewart constantly uses of instead rather than have

'Instead rather than'? It's either 'instead of' or 'rather than', you can't have your cake and eat it!

Incidentally, what's that about? What's the point of having a cake if you don't get to eat it?

13 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

'Instead rather than'? It's either 'instead of' or 'rather than', you can't have your cake and eat it!

Incidentally, what's that about? What's the point of having a cake if you don't get to eat it?

I think the reference to having your cake means keeping it.  In other words, you can't keep your cake and eat it, you have to make a choice, i.e. you can't have it both ways.

I understand the confusion, because clearly you must have a cake before you can eat it.  But it makes no sense, because why would you have a cake if you didn't intend to eat it?

It's not as if cake is an investment, like say gold, where you could buy a chunk, hold onto it for a while, then sell it and make a few bob profit.  If you bought a cake and stuck into a safety deposit box for a year or two, by the time you open it up, the cake will be manky, and worthless.

So I have to agree with you entirely...  What's the point of having a cake if you don't get to eat it? 

6 hours ago, jr ewing said:

They might have actually seen him play before signing him 

This..iam pretty sure man city won’t be signing players based on a carefully edited  5 minute showreel on YouTube 

upgotheheads
10 hours ago, Rods said:

It worries me that we don't seem to learn the lesson that building a player up so much, as we did with Osh and Vanacek, just sets them up to fail. Much better to keep quiet and let them do the talking on the park.

Selkirkhmfc1874
27 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

It worries me that we don't seem to learn the lesson that building a player up so much, as we did with Osh and Vanacek, just sets them up to fail. Much better to keep quiet and let them do the talking on the park.

Think this one a bit different considering man city have signed him and paid a lot of money for him

Italian Lambretta
27 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

The difference was that we scouted those players or rather took it from some third party they were top talent. I doubt Man city use this process to id players