Ryotaro Meshino - Signs on loan

DesertDawg

We should allow tourists to buy tickets so long as they have their passport.  We can record their passport number.

Only exception would be Irish tourists when the mhanks are in town.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sagan

• davemclaren

• Mikey1874

• BarneyBattles44

Gavsy Van Gaverson
6 hours ago, Ski Nae said:

I wonder if Ryotaro MESHINO got any advice concerning us from Miguel PALLARDO or Juanma DELGADO who both went to Japan to play after leaving us. (Juanma's still out there.) 

No IDEA 

:Stupid_Heads_by_Vir

...a bit disco
22 minutes ago, CostaJambo said:

Hope the guy doesn't have quite a tempura on him.

I've seen people battered for less.

:biggrin:

jamboinglasgow

I can imagine that depending on how he does there may be a small increase of income but it wont be anything much. If he had a rapid rise at us, broke into the national team then there may be a more noticeable increase.

Looking forward to seeing how he does. Not expecting much early on as he needs to adapt to a new country and league, but hopefully he will be a success. Just wish we could get it finished tomorrow but looks will be end of the week at the earliest.

Horatio Caine
6 hours ago, mitch41 said:

And selling tons of sushi although I tried it once and thought it was crap. You canny beat a Tony’s fish supper.

Is Tony (whoever he is) available to nick down to Tynie with his chip van?

Bridge of Djoum
8 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

Does he speak English?

Don’t think so but that never hindered Kevin Kyle in his time with us. 

Jambo 4 Ever
6 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

Don’t think so but that never hindered Kevin Kyle in his time with us. 

Ha very true

Special Agent Dale Cooper
18 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

Does he speak English?

Our Irish contingent speak English.

Stephen Muddie
12 hours ago, maroonlegions said:

I would not get too premature with your negative spin though, he is well known in Japan after all. Let's wait and see and i did not say anything about being "swamped" as you say , i said it could be good for our brand. 

What you call negative spin I call reality. 

I'm guessing now... what you call reality I call psychoactive mania?

Best thing for our brand is to win matches and, ultimately, trophies. We do not play in the English Premier League where, for most teams, winning anything  doesn't matter (& has never actually happened) but they've got six million orientals wearing Burnley and Brentford tops. 

If Meshino causes a significant uptick in turnover from status/homeland alone I'll happily take you to Koyama and ayca on me. Be warned tho... fukishima leakage is being hidden by the ptb and most sushi is atomic. 

Japanese guy i work with and massive fan of Albirex Nagata reckons he's not well known at all in Japan.

Very young and very raw apparently.

Guess we'll find out.

There are bound to be a few J fans who are curious about how he gets on but no one will be buying Hearts strips.

Stephen Muddie
2 hours ago, Barack said:

Except the black one. When that's back on sale in plenty of numbers...Tokyo will be teaming with them. 

:sweeet:

:muggy:"teeming"

According to the EN he needs to fly back to Osaka to get his VISA. 

It's assumed that, if this deal happens, it will be next week. 

fabienleclerq
12 hours ago, RobNox said:

We should allow tourists to buy tickets so long as they have their passport.  We can record their passport number.

Only exception would be Irish tourists when the mhanks are in town.

😂

I can imagine the uproar us implementing an no Irish policy would bring! 

I sit in the wheatfield and am surrounded by tourists. Not sure where they get their tickets but there’s always about 10 or so in total - all nationalities 

On 17/08/2019 at 23:01, ToqueJambo said:

Hope this lad is the business. Not to get carried away but there is a vacancy for a right sided attacking mid in my best Hearts foreigner XI:

Neimi

J Goncalves Zali Bruno Fyssis

Brellier Salvatori

Meshino? Aguiar Rudi

Jankauskis

Subs: Rousset, Fuller, Pinigol, de Vries, Karipidis, Miko, Flogel

Jose Goncalves played centre back and left back for us, but never right back.

9 minutes ago, cosanostra said:

Japanese guy i work with and massive fan of Albirex Nagata reckons he's not well known at all in Japan.

Very young and very raw apparently.

Guess we'll find out.

There are bound to be a few J fans who are curious about how he gets on but no one will be buying Hearts strips.

My hubby and I are big Albirex Niigata fans too. Been to a few of their matches over the years. Unfortunately, they have dropped out the top league, and don't look like getting back there. Got to admit, I hadn't heard of Meshino before. The team he played for though, Gamba Osaka, are a pretty successful team in Japan, and he came up through their youth ranks and broke into the first team last year, scoring 3 goals in 12 appearances. Fingers crossed he can do the biz for us. One thing you will get is 100% commitment. 

3 minutes ago, japanjambo said:

My hubby and I are big Albirex Niigata fans too. Been to a few of their matches over the years. Unfortunately, they have dropped out the top league, and don't look like getting back there. Got to admit, I hadn't heard of Meshino before. The team he played for though, Gamba Osaka, are a pretty successful team in Japan, and he came up through their youth ranks and broke into the first team last year, scoring 3 goals in 12 appearances. Fingers crossed he can do the biz for us. One thing you will get is 100% commitment. 

The one J-League game i went to was Gamba v Albirex in 2009 in Osaka. 

The Gamba ultras were something else. 😆

Seymour M Hersh
1 hour ago, Vlad Magic said:

Meshino oh oh oh oh

Meshino oh oh oh oh

He’s from the rising sun

The boys just having fun

To the Man U Vidic chant.

Surely the Arsenal Vieira chant. 

Portable Badger

Japanese forward Ryotaro Meshino is due to arrive in Britain in the next week to complete a loan move from Manchester City to Hearts.

The 21-year-old's paperwork is unlikely to be finalised and registered in time for him to debut at Celtic Park this Sunday. It is more likely that his first appearance in maroon will come the following weekend against Hamilton at Tynecastle Park.

Meshino is currently in his homeland securing a visa having been granted a UK work permit last week. He signed for City ten days ago and they want him to gain experience of British football with Hearts. The player remains in Osaka and is due to head to Europe later this week.

He will say goodbye to fans at former club Gamba Osaka prior to leaving and is also due to get married before travelling to Scotland. That will delay his arrival but Hearts fans are excited by the creativity he will bring to their side.

Tynecastle officials have already received the player's work permit and are now awaiting his visa confirmation from the Japanese authorities. That should happen this week, with Meshino due to spend the rest of this season on loan at Hearts from the English champions.

Hearts striker Conor Washington in action during Friday night's win.

11 minutes ago, Old Castle Rock said:

Wonder if he's having a stag party,before his wedding 

Bangkok I heard, David Vanecek is best man 

Jambo, Goodbye

Ryo Ryo Ryotaro,

'Messi' Meshino.

He'll **** the Hibs, n **** the Tims,

Whatever he may go. 

26 minutes ago, Old Castle Rock said:

Wonder if he's having a stag party,before his wedding 

If he is it will be in a karaoke bar no doubt.

3 hours ago, japanjambo said:

For a time I followed Nagoya Grampus 8, solely due to Gary Lineker having played for them.   

25 minutes ago, AndyNic said:

Married at 21! 

Need to be 20 years old to get married without parental consent.   21 is young for marrying in Japan. 

How will the moon howlers enjoy his debut when they're scared to look at the pitch?    You know... with all the embarrassment and that.

9 minutes ago, maroonlegions said:

His first gesture to the vermin after he puts the ball in their net.     FTH.

safe_image.php?d=AQARAKLXRRKhqXHN&w=540&

I'd prefer he used Armageddon's gesture above in fairness.  Instant legend if he does that. 

maroonlegions
9 minutes ago, Cygnet said:

I'd prefer he used Armageddon's gesture above in fairness.  Instant legend if he does that. 

Instant legend when he rams in the winner against the vermin.. FTH. 

When he does eventually arrive, I’ll be massively disappointed if our social media team don’t go full anime with his announcement. 

9 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Hope he settles. Is there any kind of Japanese community in Edinburgh?

Loads of Japanese students at the business school? 

Jambof3tornado
1 hour ago, Ped said:

Loads of Japanese students at the business school? 

Wondered more as it now seems he is due to wed so I assume his new bride will be living with him in a new country,for the 1st year of marriage. Hope they are made to feel very welcome and settle in well.

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope
23 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Wondered more as it now seems he is due to wed so I assume his new bride will be living with him in a new country,for the 1st year of marriage. Hope they are made to feel very welcome and settle in well.

Score more than 10 goals in the season and his welcome is assured. Score a couple against Hibs and the keys of the city are his.

Edited by Andrew Gilbert Wauchope

jamboinglasgow
32 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Surely there is a Japanese restaurant in Edinburgh which is run by Japanese people. Seen in the past that sometimes seems to work for players. Think Bruno and Salvatori used to be always around Bar Roma.

Hopefully the club is prepared to help them settle in as best they can. 

2 hours ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Hope he settles. Is there any kind of Japanese community in Edinburgh?

West Lothian.  Not as many as there used to be. There are 2 Japanese families up our street in Livi.

Then, of course, we have JapanJambo.