Ryotaro Meshino - Signs on loan

DesertDawg

I saw Austin, Ann and Craig at the Maki Ramen restaurant Fountainbridge the other night. Didn't think anything of it. Thought they were just out enjoying the festival. 

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sagan

• davemclaren

• Mikey1874

• BarneyBattles44

Hampden Demolition
13 minutes ago, Normthebarman said:

If he gets a work permit for us, how long is it valid for? Just for the season he's with us? Or is it a case of, he gets a work permit with us and then he's eligible to work in the UK for x number of years?

Generally it’s however long the contract is I believe.

Auld Reekin'
9 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

I know Japanese people who aren't fluent in Japanese, so bit harsh to have a go at the guy claiming Macphee is having classes.

Just finished 'Japan Through The Looking Glass' by Alan Macfarlane, a Cambridge professor who has lived and worked in Japan, and he was saying much the same, due to the enormous complexity of the spoken and written language.

Bazzas right boot
27 minutes ago, Barack said:

That would mean if he's refreshing, then Hearts have been aware about the potential of a Japanese signing for some weeks.

But that can't be correct. Because apparently Hearts have been "panic buying." 🤔

We're just making it up, apparently. 

Stephen Muddie
Just now, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

On Monday he referenced a couple of late “interesting” options as signings that had come along unexpectedly 

I see. Thanks for clarifying mate :thumbsup:

40 minutes ago, Sarah O said:

I saw Austin, Ann and Craig at the Maki Ramen restaurant Fountainbridge the other night. Didn't think anything of it. Thought they were just out enjoying the festival. 

Cosying up to each other before it’s tin hats on for friday at Motherwell.

40 minutes ago, Sarah O said:

Would have made it more exciting if there had been a young Japanese lad there making up a table of four. :pleasingao:

1 hour ago, Normthebarman said:

To be fair, if he's not used it in ages, a quick couple of weeks getting a refresher and just using the language again isn't going to hurt. Doesn't seem that implausible to me. 

I hope that doesn't mean we're hiring a languages coach or the resident moaners will be in full flow

1 minute ago, I.T.K said:

I was about to post the same :biglaugh:

Haha, didn't think I'd be the only one to think along those lines, just surprised I was the 1st in with it 😆

1 hour ago, Sarah O said:

Sorting out their p45’s I hope 

Fozzyonthefence
1 hour ago, Barack said:

Are you in the advanced class then? Since he's fluent.

To be fair, if The Sun said he’s fluent he’s probably taking beginner classes.

Pretty sure I saw McPhee get off train at Edinburgh Gateway this morning though.  All adds up if he was on his way to the airport.  

sidjamesbottle
5 minutes ago, Horatio Caine said:

Is it possible this guy could become a goal Meshino?

It was worth looking in just for that !

maroonlegions

All good things come to those that wait, just hope that's true in our case.

Has he got his WP yet.....

:clock::banghead:

3 hours ago, Dallas Green said:

Think we could hire out Tynecastle for a wwe live event?

Imagine wee Lexi Bliss gracing the halls of Tynie.

3 hours ago, TheBigO said:

Oh shit. Oh very shit.

Little Miss Bliss can wreck our pitch all she wants. I'd crawl a mile over broken glass to stick flags in her shite.

Anne make this happen or gtf IMHO.

That toy story cosplay summerslam effort. 😍She’s some lass behind the scene’s. Lilian Garcia does a podcast called Chasing Glory well worth a listen for some of the people. Kayla Braxton , Dana Brooke , Bliss , Charlotte etc. Bliss’s story from parents to how ahe got into fitness , even insecurities she still has is one of the best ones imo.

Dallas Green
10 minutes ago, sadj said:

That toy story cosplay summerslam effort. 😍She’s some lass behind the scene’s. Lilian Garcia does a podcast called Chasing Glory well worth a listen for some of the people. Kayla Braxton , Dana Brooke , Bliss , Charlotte etc. Bliss’s story from parents to how ahe got into fitness , even insecurities she still has is one of the best ones imo.

Cheers mate, will check that out 👍🏻

Shanks said no

Re Austin at Japanese language classes, where is his partner/wife from?

he was in hospitality at the Piggery a couple of weeks ago and his plus 1 was Oriental according to one of the waitresses I know

Sub4TiddlerMurray
3 hours ago, TheBigO said:

Wonder if Shinsuke Nakamura, Asuka and Kairi Sane will pop to Tynie when WWE in Scotland in a couple of months?! We should extend invites!

Mind you, The Rock never came to see Perry Kitchen!

Nah, they'll wait for Ring of Honour when the Prestigious Jambo Joe Hendry is fighting!

BarneyBattles44
2 hours ago, Barack said:

That would mean if he's refreshing, then Hearts have been aware about the potential of a Japanese signing for some weeks.

But that can't be correct. Because apparently Hearts have been "panic buying." 🤔

Credit due to the panic merchants doing a good job this new season.

Who are the four members of the appeal committee for any work permit? All ex OLd Firm I’d bet . What are the chances....

2 hours ago, Auld Reekin' said:

Just finished 'Japan Through The Looking Glass' by Alan Macfarlane, a Cambridge professor who has lived and worked in Japan, and he was saying much the same, due to the enormous complexity of the spoken and written language.

When you have 3 alphabets and over 2,000 'letters' compared to our 1 alphabet with 26, it's easy to see why it's almost impossible to master.

I can only order beer, ask for food, say colours and get directions. And thats after seven years regularly back and forward to Japan. I can read a bit more than I can say.

2 hours ago, Barack said:

Are you in the advanced class then? Since he's fluent.

Just for beginners he didn’t seem fluent 

2 hours ago, Robbie1902 said:

I’ve attending Japanese language classes for the last couple months. Austin MacPhee has been coming for the last couple weeks didn’t think much of it. All adds up now I guess.

Would love to learn Japanese , there is letters they have no equivalent for L being one , they make a clicky noise or use an R sound. Fascinates me , distinctly Japanese thing and a subtle linguistic thing. Korean’s and Chinese in films get it used with them which is racist though. Amazing there is such fine lines and love there are a few Japanese speaking people on here , I’m quite jealous

I’m the Japanese guy who gave the lowdown on Meshino to fabienleclerq.   Yes, I was there in Edinburgh in 2004-05, just as the Romanov revolution was unfolding.  My first Hearts game was a drab 0-0 home draw with Livingston, typical Levein result.  I thought McAllister was useless, Gordon was excellent and Maybury was the best of the lot.  Okay, I got two out of three right.

Really hope Meshino signs and turns out a success.  As of today, he is nowhere near the standing of Shunsuke Nakamura before the Reggina/Celtic moves and less feted than even Koki Mizuno (anyone remember him?), but he has been a late developer thus far.

2 hours ago, Auld Reekin' said:

There’s people in our support who aren’t fluent in English to be fair, not just a Japanese  thing 

2 minutes ago, h-e-a-r-t-s said:

There’s people in our support who aren’t fluent in English to be fair, not just a Japanese  thing 

unfortunately there's a large portion fluent in whine.

37 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

When you have 3 alphabets and over 2,000 'letters' compared to our 1 alphabet with 26, it's easy to see why it's almost impossible to master.

I can only order beer, ask for food, say colours and get directions. And thats after seven years regularly back and forward to Japan. I can read a bit more than I can say.

My friend is a supra fiend and goes back and forth to Tokyo , says Japan its a place that needs to be experienced as words can’t do it justice

3 hours ago, Normthebarman said:

To be fair, if he's not used it in ages, a quick couple of weeks getting a refresher and just using the language again isn't going to hurt. Doesn't seem that implausible to me. 

3 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Been a while since he was in Japan playing.

Good to get a refresh. 

3 hours ago, OmiyaHearts said:

I know Japanese people who aren't fluent in Japanese, so bit harsh to have a go at the guy claiming Macphee is having classes.

Fair points. My bad. Apologies to the boy for doubting him. 👍🏼

32 minutes ago, tokyohearts said:

I’m the Japanese guy who gave the lowdown on Meshino to fabienleclerq.   Yes, I was there in Edinburgh in 2004-05, just as the Romanov revolution was unfolding.  My first Hearts game was a drab 0-0 home draw with Livingston, typical Levein result.  I thought McAllister was useless, Gordon was excellent and Maybury was the best of the lot.  Okay, I got two out of three right.

Really hope Meshino signs and turns out a success.  As of today, he is nowhere near the standing of Shunsuke Nakamura before the Reggina/Celtic moves and less feted than even Koki Mizuno (anyone remember him?), but he has been a late developer thus far.

👍🏼 Ace. Nice one. Plays well here and he might get some International recognition. Has he ever made an International Squad before? 

He looks a player, could be very exciting and we definitely need to get more exciting! 

We're putting together a great squad to be fair. This has been a good window. 

Just need to start playing like it.

39 minutes ago, tokyohearts said:

Always good to hear we've got fans in every corner of the globe! 

Long shot but Im off to Japan for the rugby world cup, are there any bars in Tokyo that are likely to show a Hearts game? 

indianajones
42 minutes ago, tokyohearts said:

Welcome!

What Japanese team do you support? 

2 minutes ago, indianajones said:

Welcome!

What Japanese team do you support? 

Sectarian post .. equivalent of what school did you go to in the west 😂

6 minutes ago, E6 Inc said:

Always good to hear we've got fans in every corner of the globe! 

Long shot but Im off to Japan for the rugby world cup, are there any bars in Tokyo that are likely to show a Hearts game? 

indianajones
10 minutes ago, Meadows said:

:rofl:

I've not asked for his last name. Yet... 

54 minutes ago, indianajones said:

:rofl:

I've not asked for his last name. Yet... 

Gamba Osaka is a proper shintoist club, unlike the Dalai Lamists in pink  😚

1 hour ago, Meadows said:

Also applicable in the east, too.

indianajones
16 minutes ago, tokyohearts said:

Gamba Osaka is a proper shintoist club, unlike the Dalai Lamists in pink  😚

Big stadium! What sort of crowds do you get? 

Did you see much of Juanma when he went over to J2? 

1 hour ago, E6 Inc said:

He looks a player, could be very exciting and we definitely need to get more exciting! 

We're putting together a great squad to be fair. This has been a good window. 

Just need to start playing like it.

Agreed to a point. 

The lessons we need to learn is that it is just stupid to comment about whether a transfer window is good or not until the end of the season. We’ve been left abandoned, stripped of our dignity and frustrated too many times 

Governor Tarkin
22 hours ago, Morgan said:

Actually, there are more Italian restaurants in this neck of the woods.

I thought so, but I was curious as to how far I could push the casual racism before I got collared by the Kickback plod.

'Not very' being the answer.

8 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

I thought so, but I was curious as to how far I could push the casual racism before I got collared by the Kickback plod.

'Not very' being the answer.

I thought that’s what you were up to. :lol: