• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sagan

• davemclaren

• Mikey1874

• BarneyBattles44

On 13/08/2019 at 11:29, TheBigO said:

I believe the hold up isn't so much to do with the work permit.  Levein and Anne Budge are sitting through a double bill of Lost in Translation and Detective Pikachu before making a final decision.  Downloaded it on Wyscout and it's buffering like the bars, so taking a while to get the deal over the line.

Please stop - cannae take anymore Laugh Lines :)

Jambo 4 Ever
1 hour ago, Normthebarman said:

I'm going to put a dampener on things. Folk seem awfy excited about this fella and the Man U lad. Let's be honest. If Levein had signed these lads based on their stats, not one person would be getting excited. 

A 21 year old keeper who's never played more than a handful of games a season for mid table Portuguese teams and a lad who's ripped up the Japanese 3rd tier. 

I'm not saying they'll be shite but let's face it, if we'd signed them direct from their previous clubs, folk would be raging at another of Levein's punts. The only difference here is that we're a testing ground for another team's punt. Percentage of their budget wise, I wouldn't be surprised if £900k is less to Man City than we spend on making programmes. 

I hope I'm wrong, I just think expectations need to be cooled somewhat. 

This 

1 hour ago, gnasher75 said:

Show them 5 minutes of the Ross County game and that should be enough.

You're on fire gnasher.  Appeal on humanitarian grounds.  How could they turn it down?

PhoenixHearts
8 hours ago, TheBigO said:

Got to think he'd be final signing unless someone we can't turn down gets offered to us.

The way I see it he's another option. We've been so one dimensional. Having plans A, B and C would be great. Using Naismith, Washington and/or Uche to pull defenders around with this lad finding the gaps seems appealing.

But we also have Walker, Mulraney and Clare who are all different types of player. And Irving, and Cochrane. This all assuming Damour and Whelan are our mainstays.

Of the front 6, I'd suggest Whelan, Damour, Washington and Naismith all play when fit. That leaves 2 places up for grabs.

Hey Big O,

I've got a very sad man-bunned Austrian fella on the phone here... Wants to know why you ****ing hate him? 

BackOfTheNet
5 hours ago, Normthebarman said:

I'm going to put a dampener on things. Folk seem awfy excited about this fella and the Man U lad. Let's be honest. If Levein had signed these lads based on their stats, not one person would be getting excited. 

A 21 year old keeper who's never played more than a handful of games a season for mid table Portuguese teams and a lad who's ripped up the Japanese 3rd tier. 

I'm not saying they'll be shite but let's face it, if we'd signed them direct from their previous clubs, folk would be raging at another of Levein's punts. The only difference here is that we're a testing ground for another team's punt. Percentage of their budget wise, I wouldn't be surprised if £900k is less to Man City than we spend on making programmes. 

Although I don’t think it’s wrong to get excited at the prospects of these guys I do think you’re right that we should have a bit of perspective. As otherwise our expectations could be way too high and some of our fans already lay into our young developing players way too much, particularly if they've not come through the academy. One bad game and they’ll be accused of having an attitude because of who their parent club is.

Edited by BackOfTheNet

The Internet
5 hours ago, Natural Orders said:

This 

I've been here too long. As I was scrolling through that post I knew exactly who would quote it and what their exact word would be :lol: never change. 

7 hours ago, Normthebarman said:

You are wrong, keeper is 23 and has had a handful of games for ManU’s first team 

If Man City got this lad a permit by saying he was good enough for them then there is absolutely no chance he should be rejected for us. 

Our squad has improved massively over the summer.

1 minute ago, E6 Inc said:

If Man City got this lad a permit by saying he was good enough for them then there is absolutely no chance he should be rejected for us. 

Our squad has improved massively over the summer.

Man City don't have a permit for him though.

There can be no denial that the squad has improved over the summer in terms of quality.

How they are asked to operate and go about their business remains to be assessed. It goes without saying I hope increased quality equals more entertaining football and positive results.

Man Utd and Man City thought these guys were/are worth spending their time on. 

Us picking up someone on loan from Utd who picked them up permanently for a team in Portugal is very different to us picking up a player on loan from a team in Portugal. If you dont see that you are blinkered. 

7 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

Pereira was called the best young keeper in Portugal by Mourinho in 2017. And the fact Man City signed Meshino shows he has ability, so I can't agree. They are both very positive moves

Connor Sammon was described as world class by Trapattoni in 2013! So doesn’t necessarily mean anything.

Regardless, I’m excited by both Pereira and potentially Meshino.

Sorry! I'm normally a positive ***** too! I just have this horrible feeling we're signing the Portuguese Jack Hamilton and the Japanese Callum Morrison!

:laugh:

2 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

Man City don't have a permit for him though.

Ah sorry, didnt realise that. 

Still, if City are spending money on him then surely even a panel of idiots cant say he isnt good enough for Hearts.

This could be huge for the player as well.If he lights up our league and gets lots of game time he could force his way into Japan's Olympic ( I think they take it quite serious and it is in Tokyo ) team.

1 minute ago, johnking123 said:

We could make some money from this. Hopefully it comes off.

Who gives a shit about money, the only thing i care about is if he's good and if he will improve the team.

8 hours ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Decisions are same day I believe, unless further evidence of some sort is required. Usually there’s a presentation, documentary evidence and statements written and in person.

On paper this should be a no brainer. They could point to Nombil and say “well you were 2-2 for a reserve player, this guy will be in the first team”. They can point to Douglas Luiz, who was not granted a permit for Man City due to Fernandinho but was awarded a permit for Villa in the same league due to him being able to utilise the permit. They can point to Celtic for numerous signings. They can simply say that Meshino has just signed for Man City, one of the biggest clubs in the world, at age 21. They can say he just signed for a fee which is larger than Hearts’ record outlay.

Any one of those reasons should be enough for the permit. Quite honestly if a permit is not granted then there’s something else going on as there would be no logical reason to deny it.

This

But when the Glasgow establishment are involved it doesn’t fill me with confidence....

🤞🏼🇯🇵

6 minutes ago, Siphiwe Tshabalala said:

This won’t happen.

Happy to be proven otherwise.

Just waiting on the work permit, otherwise it’s done.

3 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Work permit panel is Hugh Keevins,  Davie Provan,  Barry Ferguson & Gordon Smith.

No Pat Bonnar

3 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Work permit panel is Hugh Keevins,  Davie Provan,  Barry Ferguson & Gordon Smith.

Arf 😃

Just now, MaskedMarauder said:

Does that mean today? And any chance he could be in the squad for tomorrow?

I don’t know. But it’ll happen as soon as it can. Doubt he’ll be available Friday, next week more likely.

3 hours ago, Eddie The Eagle said:

Screenshot_20190815-052022_Twitter.jpg

Just need to show the panel videos of Mulraneys crosses from the first half of last season and it’s a no brainier that he improves the squad

*before anyone’s panties get twisted I’m not having a go at mulraney, he’s been one of our best performers over that last 6-8 months

I would imagine we’d have sounded out the chances of getting a wp before even going into negotiations with city and the players representatives

5 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

With Pat Bonner and Prick Gordon sitting in as reserves.

:Agree:  Dick Gordon there in case Provan falls asleep again.

8 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

I would imagine we’d have sounded out the chances of getting a wp before even going into negotiations with city and the players representatives

Like we did with the previous guy that got rejected for one?

10 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

It’s almost impossible to sound it out, he doesn’t meet the automatic criteria so we need a Governing Body Exemption which is the panel, there are no criteria other than the panels opinion as to whether or not the player can be classed as an exceptional talent.

if the panel do decide he is then he gets 50 work permit points, his wages from city will get him a further 10 points for proving he has the funds to live here. That would be enough for a tier 5 work permit which is for one year, if he can pass the English test he gets another 10 points and can apply for a tier 2 work permit which is for 3 years. 

6 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

It really does show our views on the decision makers that we are on tenterhooks with this. A complete lack of trust in the system.

It’s the same with any type of panel where individual opinions are used to determine a result

4 minutes ago, Ribble said:

It’s the same with any type of panel where individual opinions are used to determine a result

All very subjective but it may work in our favour. 

14 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Like we did with the previous guy that got rejected for one?

Big difference between the 2 cases 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

The Ghana player Nombil, was split 2-2. This guy is employed by Manchester City, a bit older, I would be disappointed if this did not go through on that basis.

If I am glass half empty, they may decide City are just taking on people for the fun of it and thumb their nose.

Holland seems to be the place these players are landing if not given entry to the UK

Hackney Hearts

If the the criterion being used to get a work permit is 'whether he would enhance the Hearts squad', what is the point in having a panel? Surely the people best placed to judge whether he would enhance the Hearts squad are the Hearts management? They know the squad better than anyone, and they've done the research on the player for some time? 

Look what it can do potentially for the Scottish game with a Japanese player playing here.

id imagine when nakamura played there were increased revenue via TV games etc?

6 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

The Ghana player Nombil, was split 2-2. This guy is employed by Manchester City, a bit older, I would be disappointed if this did not go through on that basis.

If I am glass half empty, they may decide City are just taking on people for the fun of it and thumb their nose.

Holland seems to be the place these players are landing if not given entry to the UK

And everyone can see how poor Dutch football is nowadays.  The days of them bringing through young Dutch talent has long gone.

:tlj:

4 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

Look what it can do potentially for the Scottish game with a Japanese player playing here.

id imagine when nakamura played there were increased revenue via TV games etc?

Yeah, but it would mainly be Hearts benefiting from it, not the OF.

John Findlay
35 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

It really does show our views on the decision makers that we are on tenterhooks with this. A complete lack of trust in the system.

That's because we believe the system is bent and quite rightly so to believe that.

Going to be interesting watching the "panel" struggling to find a way to knock back work permit. I have absolutely no faith in this system what so ever. 

12 minutes ago, Lovecraft said:

And everyone can see how poor Dutch football is nowadays.  The days of them bringing through young Dutch talent has long gone.

:tlj:

How many players have Ajax just sold for over 60m!! 

When was last time Scotland produced anyone over 60m