Ryotaro Meshino - Signs on loan

DesertDawg

3 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

Do we reckon this lad would be our final signing allowing Naismith to play as our finisher?

Got to think he'd be final signing unless someone we can't turn down gets offered to us.

The way I see it he's another option. We've been so one dimensional. Having plans A, B and C would be great. Using Naismith, Washington and/or Uche to pull defenders around with this lad finding the gaps seems appealing.

But we also have Walker, Mulraney and Clare who are all different types of player. And Irving, and Cochrane. This all assuming Damour and Whelan are our mainstays.

Of the front 6, I'd suggest Whelan, Damour, Washington and Naismith all play when fit. That leaves 2 places up for grabs.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sagan

• davemclaren

• Mikey1874

• BarneyBattles44

26 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

I thought so, but I was curious as to how far I could push the casual racism before I got collared by the Kickback plod.

'Not very' being the answer.

That’s not like you Tarkin 😏

Governor Tarkin

I can't help that the absurdity of cultural stereotypes and sweeping generalisations tickles my funnybones, combo74.

Now wind you neck in, or it'll be round the back of the Wheatfield for you.

:seething:

59 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

Do we reckon this lad would be our final signing allowing Naismith to play as our finisher?

Who knows, 

Maybe Levein realises this is his last season and is emptying the bank account 

Whats the ITK’ers position on this one then?

Theyve been A, too quiet and B, too friendly with each other recently. I prefer a pagger. 

Who knows what and who’s calling out the other on it???

Mon lads!

52 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Got to think he'd be final signing unless someone we can't turn down gets offered to us.

The way I see it he's another option. We've been so one dimensional. Having plans A, B and C would be great. Using Naismith, Washington and/or Uche to pull defenders around with this lad finding the gaps seems appealing.

But we also have Walker, Mulraney and Clare who are all different types of player. And Irving, and Cochrane. This all assuming Damour and Whelan are our mainstays.

Of the front 6, I'd suggest Whelan, Damour, Washington and Naismith all play when fit. That leaves 2 places up for grabs.

I think our main problem has been midfield. If you can dominate the midfield the game is won. I think we now have the players in midfield to do very well.

2 hours ago, E6 Inc said:

Perfect, cheers mate!

Will try to head there for the Rangers game.

Happy to help.  I knew the original owner well.

jamboinglasgow

Have Hearts ever had a player from the far east? I cant recall any (only that Ahn Jung-Hwan was one of the two world cup players that Romanov promised but never came.)

2 hours ago, indianajones said:

Big stadium! What sort of crowds do you get? 

Did you see much of Juanma when he went over to J2? 

Gamba Osaka crowd average around 30,000 or so.  Pretty good by J-League standards.   

I knew Juanma came to J2 but haven’t seem him in flesh as I lived in Tokyo and only attended away J1 Gamba games.

Type of football played in Scotland and Japan are diametrically opposed.  Which actually might be a good thing as an attacking player, since I doubt Hamilton and Motherwell defenders have ever faced off with players like him.

2 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Have Hearts ever had a player from the far east? I cant recall any (only that Ahn Jung-Hwan was one of the two world cup players that Romanov promised but never came.)

Not in my lifetime. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
59 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Theyve been A, too quiet and B, too friendly with each other recently. I prefer a pagger. 

Mon lads!

You would have to be issuing a work permit to be in on this one 

1 hour ago, Pans Jambo said:

Mon lads!

Pagger you say 🤭

im in.....

Toxteth O'Grady

Sorry if it is already covered but surely Man City will apply for his permit to work in the UK? He will be employed by them and on loan to us. 

1 minute ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

Sorry if it is already covered but surely Man City will apply for his permit to work in the UK? He will be employed by them and on loan to us. 

That's what I thought, but then i saw someone had post that it needs to be an application via the football association. 

2 hours ago, Pans Jambo said:

Mon lads!

Where's the battle?😉

3 hours ago, McCrae said:

I think our main problem has been midfield. If you can dominate the midfield the game is won. I think we now have the players in midfield to do very well.

Nay , nay & thrice nay! 

Possession stats mean hee-haw if you can't stick the ball in the other team's net. 

11 minutes ago, iainmac said:

Nay , nay & thrice nay! 

Possession stats mean hee-haw if you can't stick the ball in the other team's net. 

I agree, but you have to win the ball.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/ryotaro-meshino-transfer-latest-hearts-18936425

Hearts have applied for a work permit to sign Ryotaro Meshino on-loan from Manchester City.

Meshino – who took in the Jambos' weekend draw with Ross County - joined the English champions from J-League side Gamba Osaka earlier this month.

City boss Pep Guardiola doesn’t think he is ready for first-team action and wants him to get him first-team exposure up in Scotland.

Hearts have already agreed terms of the loan and now have to convince a work permit hearing that the Japanese midfielder would help enhance their squad.

Meshino doesn’t meet current work permit criteria because he has still to be capped by Japan.

City also believe that it would help the 21-year-old go to Hearts because their first-team coach Austin McPhee is also fluent in Japanese and that would also help him to settle.

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/ryotaro-meshino-transfer-latest-hearts-18936425

Hearts have applied for a work permit to sign Ryotaro Meshino on-loan from Manchester City.

Meshino – who took in the Jambos' weekend draw with Ross County - joined the English champions from J-League side Gamba Osaka earlier this month.

City boss Pep Guardiola doesn’t think he is ready for first-team action and wants him to get him first-team exposure up in Scotland.

Hearts have already agreed terms of the loan and now have to convince a work permit hearing that the Japanese midfielder would help enhance their squad.

Meshino doesn’t meet current work permit criteria because he has still to be capped by Japan.

City also believe that it would help the 21-year-old go to Hearts because their first-team coach Austin McPhee is also fluent in Japanese and that would also help him to settle.

Quality. 

This transfer window has been splendid. 

All come together soon. Someones gonna get it. 

Hamilton imo are going to be the victims. 

Unknown user
2 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Quality. 

This transfer window has been splendid. 

All come together soon. Someones gonna get it. 

Hamilton imo are going to be the victims. 

Hibs are getting it

7 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Why do I get the feeling this will fall through?

"have to convince a work permit hearing that the Japanese midfielder would help enhance their squad",  - that shouldn't prove too difficult. all they have to do is show the tape of the Ross County game.

Our last work permit application only failed as there was no majority

This player has a far higher pedigree, signed by a major club for a large fee

Given that I just can't see why it would be rejected

Provides a good insight into how these huge clubs work. They were looking at a loan deal for this boy before they even signed him.

afanderson33

There are a variety of reasons to give this boy a work permit, not least the exposure to the Far East market that's been lacking since Nakamura left Celtic

Governor Tarkin
1 minute ago, Notts1874 said:

Provides a good insight into how these huge clubs work.

But enough about Hearts...

Delighted with this signing. I’m sure the panel with see the merits of this case. 

What a feckin squad we have btw. 

7 hours ago, Meadows said:

Sectarian post .. equivalent of what school did you go to in the west 😂

7 hours ago, Meadows said:

Sectarian post .. equivalent of what school did you go to in the west 😂

🤣🤣🤣👍

jamboinglasgow

Surely the fact he was just signed for approx £900k, so much more then we could ever pay to buy a player would put the case that he is an exceptional talent for our team.

Anyone know how long it would take for a decision to be reached?

BackOfTheNet
9 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Surely the fact he was just signed for approx £900k, so much more then we could ever pay to buy a player would put the case that he is an exceptional talent for our team.

Decisions are same day I believe, unless further evidence of some sort is required. Usually there’s a presentation, documentary evidence and statements written and in person.

On paper this should be a no brainer. They could point to Nombil and say “well you were 2-2 for a reserve player, this guy will be in the first team”. They can point to Douglas Luiz, who was not granted a permit for Man City due to Fernandinho but was awarded a permit for Villa in the same league due to him being able to utilise the permit. They can point to Celtic for numerous signings. They can simply say that Meshino has just signed for Man City, one of the biggest clubs in the world, at age 21. They can say he just signed for a fee which is larger than Hearts’ record outlay.

Any one of those reasons should be enough for the permit. Quite honestly if a permit is not granted then there’s something else going on as there would be no logical reason to deny it.

Edited by BackOfTheNet

20 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Show them 5 minutes of the Ross County game and that should be enough.

jamboinglasgow
19 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Decisions are same day I believe, unless further evidence of some sort is required. Usually there’s a presentation, documentary evidence and statements written and in person.

On paper this should be a no brainer. They could point to Nombil and say “well you were 2-2 for a reserve player, this guy will be in the first team”. They can point to Douglas Luiz, who was not granted a permit for Man City due to Fernandinho but was awarded a permit for Villa in the same league due to him being able to utilise the permit. They can point to Celtic for numerous signings. They can simply say that Meshino has just signed for Man City, one of the biggest clubs in the world, at age 21. They can say he just signed for a fee which is larger than Hearts’ record outlay.

Any one of those reasons should be enough for the permit. Quite honestly if a permit is not granted then there’s something else going on as there would be no logical reason to deny it.

Hopefully we dont have to wait long to know which way this will go.

I'm going to put a dampener on things. Folk seem awfy excited about this fella and the Man U lad. Let's be honest. If Levein had signed these lads based on their stats, not one person would be getting excited. 

A 21 year old keeper who's never played more than a handful of games a season for mid table Portuguese teams and a lad who's ripped up the Japanese 3rd tier. 

I'm not saying they'll be shite but let's face it, if we'd signed them direct from their previous clubs, folk would be raging at another of Levein's punts. The only difference here is that we're a testing ground for another team's punt. Percentage of their budget wise, I wouldn't be surprised if £900k is less to Man City than we spend on making programmes. 

I hope I'm wrong, I just think expectations need to be cooled somewhat. 

Just now, Normthebarman said:

I'm going to put a dampener on things. Folk seem awfy excited about this fella and the Man U lad. Let's be honest. If Levein had signed these lads based on their stats, not one person would be getting excited. 

A 21 year old keeper who's never played more than a handful of games a season for mid table Portuguese teams and a lad who's ripped up the Japanese 3rd tier. 

I'm not saying they'll be shite but let's face it, if we'd signed them direct from their previous clubs, folk would be raging at another of Levein's punts. The only difference here is that we're a testing ground for another team's punt. Percentage of their budget wise, I wouldn't be surprised if £900k is less to Man City than we spend on making programmes. 

You miserable *******. :laugh:

25 minutes ago, gnasher75 said:

Show them 5 minutes of the Ross County game and that should be enough.

:rofl:

and the fact he watched it as well and willing to come .

in all seriousness should be an easy decision. Really excited by him coming and I’m not a fan of loan deals but he is exactly what we need

Just now, Cruyff Turn said:

You miserable *******. :laugh:

Sorry! I'm normally a positive ***** too! I just have this horrible feeling we're signing the Portuguese Jack Hamilton and the Japanese Callum Morrison!

3 minutes ago, Normthebarman said:

Thats a dampener mate

Just now, Normthebarman said:

Sorry! I'm normally a positive ***** too! I just have this horrible feeling we're signing the Portuguese Jack Hamilton and the Japanese Callum Morrison!

:facepalm:

rudi must stay
9 minutes ago, Normthebarman said:

Pereira was called the best young keeper in Portugal by Mourinho in 2017. And the fact Man City signed Meshino shows he has ability, so I can't agree. They are both very positive moves

18 minutes ago, Normthebarman said:

He's 23. Miserable ******* :D