Ryotaro Meshino - Signs on loan

DesertDawg

NaturalOrder74

The recruitments been class this year to be fair if we can get these last two players over the line and finally get the tactics right Ross county game will be completely irrelevant, definitely rather be signing this quality of player than loaning players from sevco 

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sagan

• davemclaren

• Mikey1874

• BarneyBattles44

6 minutes ago, fabienleclerq said:

I msgd my Japanese friend who follows Hearts and his response was.. 

"Hi thanks for the heads up.  Would be exciting for me personally as a Japanese" 

"Meshino is a Gamba Osaka youth product, from probably the highest rated academy in Japan.  He hasn’t really done all that much yet to warrant a Man City move (and not too young anymore at 21), but he was having a good season so far with Gamba (season starts in February) finally nailing a staring place and scoring some goals."

" Quite a dribblomanic - hope he is smarter than Tony Watt!"

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zlDNf28E9E0

" I’d add that he is an old-fashioned smaller forward, a No 11 who tends to get deployed on the wings but not really natural there.  I can’t really compare the levels as I have never seen Scottish and Japanese teams play each other - he could be anywhere between Sam Nicholson and Graham Weir.  Probably a smaller Tony Watt.  Downplaying expectations a bit.😉"

More like poured a bucket of water over it 😂

Seems strange City would take him though so I'm fairly optimistic he is better than Tony Watt.

fabienleclerq
8 minutes ago, Barack said:

Quite an avid follower. If he remembers Graham Weir.

Possibly the the time he was in Edinburgh was when weir played. 

1 hour ago, DG_HMFC said:

It's guaranteed he'll fall into that category, the problem we have is it'll be a biased panel not wanting their beloved OF getting their feathers ruffled. It won't come in to the thought process that Scottish football will improve with these sort of players, which is pretty sad.

Is there a panel made up of OF supporters?

I though it was the Home Office or similar that decided if folk can work and live here. 

Am I missing something???

indianajones
16 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

Seems strange City would take him though so I'm fairly optimistic he is better than Tony Watt.

City signing a mix of Watt and Weir makes me laugh. Nae wonder they are loaning him out immediately! 

Jokes aside I hope this happens and he can inject some excitement into the works most boring football team. 

7 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

I though it was the Home Office or similar that decided if folk can work and live here. 

They get a recommendation from a panel

7 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

The SFA need to grant him registration to play in the Scottish league as a player.

Hungry hippo
1 hour ago, afanderson33 said:

He’ll get a work permit no problem based on his income relative to the rest of the side and on being a first pick for our first team unlike when Cletus Nombil had his turned down. 

Exactly. Nombil was a 2-2 split with the panel so this guy will cruise it.

Could this be a beginning of us gaining an EPL type Japanese fan base? Friendly games in Tokyo v Real Madrid etc? 

:look:

Edited by Sarah O

1 minute ago, HMFC86 said:

Evening News saying we are confident a work permit would be granted. 

Same article as was in Sun, quoted above. 

Wonder if Shinsuke Nakamura, Asuka and Kairi Sane will pop to Tynie when WWE in Scotland in a couple of months?! We should extend invites!

Mind you, The Rock never came to see Perry Kitchen!

Dallas Green
2 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Wonder if Shinsuke Nakamura, Asuka and Kairi Sane will pop to Tynie when WWE in Scotland in a couple of months?! We should extend invites!

Think we could hire out Tynecastle for a wwe live event?

Imagine wee Lexi Bliss gracing the halls of Tynie.

maroonlegions

This would be made to a panel made up of former players and managers, who can grant a Governing Body Endorsement if they judge Meshino would be an asset to the Scottish game.

Again, Meshino isn’t eligible automatically, but the “exceptional talent” appeal can be used again, except the case for the player becoming a regular at Hearts, and the club not being able to find a player of the same standard who would qualify for a work permit, is far stronger.

3 minutes ago, Dallas Green said:

Think we could hire out Tynecastle for a wwe live event?

Imagine wee Lexi Bliss gracing the halls of Tynie.

Oh shit. Oh very shit.

Little Miss Bliss can wreck our pitch all she wants. I'd crawl a mile over broken glass to stick flags in her shite.

Anne make this happen or gtf IMHO.

56 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

If you watch the YouTube videos of him

A lot of the clips stop before you see the end result, which tells me that he may rarely have an end product. 

He does also look a bit ball greedy also, you dont see many crosses from him or many assists. 

On the plus side, he's very good with both his feet and we dont have anyone that can dribble like him (apart from a few posters on here) 

Hopefully we sign him and he turns out to be messi mark 2

22 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

More likely Aneka singing pre match

PhoenixHearts
6 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

I wonder with this now being leaked everywhere that it's maybe looking pretty much assured he is coming.

I don't want to be too keen, but it feels like one of them signings where they're rumoured and everyone is speculating about when it will come to fruitition in about a weeks time but it ends up scarf above head around 3 or 4 this afternoon. 

Unlikely though, because the SFA will absolutely drag it out as long as they can.

44 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

The decision of the Work Permit Review Panel (Scotland) is communicated to the Home Office's Work Permits (UK) Unit who then issue a formal response to the club. 

In the case of Dundee United's application for Jason Scotland it was rejected by a panel consisting of a vermin majority (Scotland had just scored the goal that beat Hibs in the LC semi-final).  Afterwards, Scotland joined Falkirk and Falkirk's application for a Work Permit was approved.    

Sounds a similar player to Anthony McDonald. I'd rather we developed our own. Isn't that the point of the Academy?

Why do we all assume he will a) be outstanding, or b) play on the first team?

I assume its because he is via Man City, we have had supposed City wonderkids before as have the Hobos, and they were no worldbeaters

Is it because he is Japanese that everyone is excited?

Also, we were going down this road with the African boy, and had we been siccessful, he was desined for the youth team, why is this boy any different?

Edited by ericb

Dallas Green
30 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Oh shit. Oh very shit.

Little Miss Bliss can wreck our pitch all she wants. I'd crawl a mile over broken glass to stick flags in her shite.

Anne make this happen or gtf IMHO.

:spoton:

4 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

You don't turn down this type of player.

I doubt Anthony is getting signed by Man City any time soon so so I expect this giy to be far better. I could be wrong of course. 

Hungry hippo
8 minutes ago, Flimsy said:

Sounds a similar player to Anthony McDonald. I'd rather we developed our own. Isn't that the point of the Academy?

No. I'd rather we win football games. Having quality around will only improve the prospects that have a chance of making it.

Nothing against McDonald who is going to be a great player.

10 minutes ago, Flimsy said:

Ye let's turn down players of this potential calibre because our academy has a young lad who is similar.... Jeeso

4 minutes ago, ericb said:

I assume its because he is via Man City, we have had supposed City wonderkids before as have the Hobos, and they were no worldbeaters

Also, we were going down this road with the African boy, and had we been siccessful, he was desined for the youth team, why is this boy any different?

Think people are rightly excited at the youtube clips and the fact he is a million pound player, every player has a risk of failing but we wouldn't take a player of that value for our reserves - pointless and his calibre may help the other youngsters improve their game.

Pasquale for King
16 minutes ago, Tasavallan said:

The decision of the Work Permit Review Panel (Scotland) is communicated to the Home Office's Work Permits (UK) Unit who then issue a formal response to the club. 

In the case of Dundee United's application for Jason Scotland it was rejected by a panel consisting of a vermin majority (Scotland had just scored the goal that beat Hibs in the LC semi-final).  Afterwards, Scotland joined Falkirk and Falkirk's application for a Work Permit was approved.    

Probably one of the reasons he enjoyed being part of the Hamilton team that relegated them, karma perhaps?

7 minutes ago, ericb said:

Because you don't take a player on loan to play in your youth team. That would just be weird.

Big teams may from small teams with a view to buy, but not this way round.

And we're excited cos we're allowed to be.

21 minutes ago, ericb said:

Who were the City wonderkids we had?

I’ve attending Japanese language classes for the last couple months. Austin MacPhee has been coming for the last couple weeks didn’t think much of it. All adds up now I guess.

17 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Probably one of the reasons he enjoyed being part of the Hamilton team that relegated them, karma perhaps?

Indeed.  I am sure he gave the vermin a full GIRUY when he scored for Hamilton in the play off final.

4 minutes ago, Robbie1902 said:

I’ve attending Japanese language classes for the last couple months. Austin MacPhee has been coming for the last couple weeks didn’t think much of it. All adds up now I guess.

Austin MacPhee that could already speak fluent Japanese taking lessons in Japanese? 

:Aye:

If he gets a work permit for us, how long is it valid for? Just for the season he's with us? Or is it a case of, he gets a work permit with us and then he's eligible to work in the UK for x number of years?

Just now, Cruyff Turn said:

Austin MacPhee that could already speak fluent Japanese taking lessons in Japanese? 

To be fair, if he's not used it in ages, a quick couple of weeks getting a refresher and just using the language again isn't going to hurt. Doesn't seem that implausible to me. 

Patric Roberts was never going to make it at City but was superb for Celtic. If this kid is of similar quality then we're laughing.

Note of caution is that he only just signed for them, so it's not like we're getting someone who is settled. We're getting a young man having his first experience personally and professionally outside of Japan.

1 minute ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Been a while since he was in Japan playing.

Good to get a refresh. 

Just now, Normthebarman said:

To be fair, if he's not used it in ages, a quick couple of weeks getting a refresher and just using the language again isn't going to hurt. Doesn't seem that implausible to me. 

Not at all. Language is like any skill, gets rusty and needs brushed up. Should've seen me try to speak French on hols!!

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, TheBigO said:

Patric Roberts was never going to make it at City but was superb for Celtic. If this kid is of similar quality then we're laughing.

Note of caution is that he only just signed for them, so it's not like we're getting someone who is settled. We're getting a young man having his first experience personally and professionally outside of Japan.

I think that is a fair point and I do think Daniel Arzani, who came to Celtic with a massive build up

27 minutes ago, Hungry hippo said:

No. I'd rather we win football games. Having quality around will only improve the prospects that have a chance of making it.

Nothing against McDonald who is going to be a great player.

If the pathway to first team football is going to be a little bit harder for Academy players then they just have to put in a bit more graft.  As my son's coach told him after pre-season training and the obligatory bleep test  'Nobody said it would be easy' 

I know Japanese people who aren't fluent in Japanese, so bit harsh to have a go at the guy claiming Macphee is having classes.

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, Normthebarman said:

He got a level N3 qualification, which is in the middle from easy to hard 14 years ago so a refresher course would make sense.

https://www.jlpt.jp/e/about/levelsummary.html