Ryotaro Meshino - Signs on loan

DesertDawg

1 hour ago, Kiwidoug said:

Much has been made that our forwards have suffered from poor service.ย  Judging by the video it seems that thanks to his trickery and speed of movement, this guy can lay it on a plate with a pie supper with broon sauce and a pint of lager.

ย 

Let's hope he signs tomorrow and plays on Friday.

ย 

...but can he do it on a cold and windy night at the Tony Macaroni Arena ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜€

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sagan

• davemclaren

• Mikey1874

• BarneyBattles44

The Internet
10 hours ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Notts dropped the Japanese ladโ€™s rumour a few weeks ago.

ย 

Impressive considering man city signed him last Thursday.ย 

2 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

I wonder if our training facilities and the youth tournaments we host which attract major clubs make us attractive for loan deals with prized prospects.

ย 

The more I think of it, the more I think it might well play a part.

ย 

And next season the tournament is rammed with Champs League teams......

ย 

Opshuns

1 minute ago, Jammy T said:

ย 

And next season the tournament is rammed with Champs League teams......

ย 

Opshuns

Everything is great with us now except the 1st team.ย  C'mon Hearts, we're all desperate for you to do well.ย  Plenty of good players.ย  Just start playing well and scoring goals.ย  Remember what they are? They're the things Cluji got 4 of at parkhead that we got none of last Saturday.

1 minute ago, thejoff said:

All agreed between two clubs but the work permit could be an issue....

Would he not already have a British work permit if hes signed for city?

Re the video - some of it may be not in the top division but no matter what you see is great touch, vision and some skills to get out of tight spots.

ย 

Dont see how that wonโ€™t transfer to our league - which is hardly La Liga.

Edited by Jammy T

5 minutes ago, Pocketjambo said:

Would he not already have a British work permit if hes signed for city?

Although heโ€™s a City player heย doesnโ€™t have a WP yet

4 minutes ago, thejoff said:

Apparently but not sure how that works as he must be getting paid by them somehow.ย 

If a player of his quality and deemed good enough by Man City doesnโ€™t fall into the โ€˜exceptional talentโ€™ category in relation to getting a work permit for theย SPFL then then process is a joke...

maroonlegions
30 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Paper talking about red tape could be big issue as never had international cap for his country

So how did Man City sign him.

maroonlegions
21 minutes ago, thejoff said:

How do you know. Source.

Tom Hardyโ€™s Dug

I kind of agree with vega voss but weโ€™d appealย and Man City would send Pep up to

tell them how ****ing good this boy is.ย 

ย 

They ignore the best manager in the world and the bias is exposed. Jesus they even listened to Csabaย 

2 minutes ago, Tom Hardyโ€™s Dug said:

I kind of agree with vega voss but weโ€™d appealย and Man City would send Pep up to

tell them how ****ing good this boy is.ย 

ย 

They ignore the best manager in the world and the bias is exposed. Jesus they even listened to Csabaย 

ย 

There must be some loophole in the law because Man City have to be paying the lad at Gronigen and he was the same , no work permit for City so loaned out immediately. Hopefully we get one , even if just because of your last paragraph.ย 

3 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

Much has been made that our forwards have suffered from poor service.ย  Judging by the video it seems that thanks to his trickery and speed of movement, this guy can lay it on a plate with a pie supper with broon sauce and a pint of lager.

ย 

Let's hope he signs tomorrow and plays on Friday.

Even if he gets a work permit unlikely to have it by Friday.ย 

7 minutes ago, maroonlegions said:

So how did Man City sign him.

They donโ€™t need a work permit to sign him, just canโ€™t play in England until he has one.ย 

ย 

So they can sign him and put him on loan to a country that will give him a WP until he qualifies for one in England.ย 

ย 

City & Chelsea do this a lot.ย 

Just now, Mr Sifter said:

ย 

DELIGHTED youโ€™ve turned up on here L!! You need to get an email fired to Hearts offering yer linguistic (ohh err!) services ASAP. Even if itโ€™s to tune the wee man into all things Hearts, you could be the deal maker we need ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ

:2thumbsup:

2 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

Does anyone really think there is a chance hes going to be granted a work permit?

ย 

Man City presumably do - they signed him!

2 minutes ago, SpikeDudley said:

ย 

Man City presumably do - they signed him!

Who is it that decides if he gets a permit to sign for us?

1 minute ago, Agentjambo said:

A panel of ex Celtic and Rangers players probably.

afanderson33

Heโ€™ll get a work permit no problem based on his income relative to the rest of the side and on being a first pick for our first team unlike when Cletus Nombil had his turned down.ย 

4 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

ย 

Not got a clue how it all works to be honest, but then again Iโ€™m not an agent ๐Ÿฅด

2 minutes ago, afanderson33 said:

Heโ€™ll get a work permit no problem based on his income relative to the rest of the side and on being a first pick for our first team unlike when Cletus Nombil had his turned down.ย 

Good point.ย  I hope you're right.

3 minutes ago, Mr Sifter said:

ย 

Not got a clue how it all works to be honest, but then again Iโ€™m not an agent ๐Ÿฅด

ย 

You're not the only one.ย 

ย 

๐Ÿ˜ƒ

A panel based in Glasgow made up of ex old firm players can prevent this loan from happening you say?

Ah weโ€™ll thatโ€™ll be that then

56 minutes ago, combo74 said:

If a player of his quality and deemed good enough by Man City doesnโ€™t fall into the โ€˜exceptional talentโ€™ category in relation to getting a work permit for theย SPFL then then process is a joke...

ย 

It's guaranteed he'll fall into that category, the problem we have is it'll be a biased panel not wanting their beloved OF getting their feathers ruffled. It won't come in to the thought process that Scottish football will improve with these sort of players, which is pretty sad.

Edited by DG_HMFC

Just now, Jamhammer said:

A panel based in Glasgow made up of ex old firm players can prevent this loan from happening you say?

Ah weโ€™ll thatโ€™ll be that then

ย 

I'm pretty sure they don't reveal who is on the panel which is guaranteed to confirm what you suggest.

AllyjamboDerbyshire
9 minutes ago, afanderson33 said:

If you are in any way correct, then that might explain why he's (may be) coming to Hearts so soon after signing for Man City. The loan arrangement may even have been under discussion even before he signed for City, Hearts being a club with great facilities, playing at a good level, but where his relatively high City salary will/could be a deciding factor in gaining a visa.

Surely it's the immigration department that decide whether someone is fit to work in a certain country ?ย 

Some brainless ex-pros can't hold that power?

3 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Surely it's the immigration department that decide whether someone is fit to work in a certain country ?ย 

I think they did with Gogito (sp).

16 minutes ago, DG_HMFC said:

ย 

It's guaranteed he'll fall into that category, the problem we have is it'll be a biased panel not wanting their beloved OF getting their feathers ruffled. It won't come in to the thought process that Scottish football will improve with these sort of players, which is pretty sad.

First question will probably be " if he is that good why is he not going on loan to Celtic or Rangers "

I got the response below on twitter, from a friend who produces a Japanese Soccer magazine:

ย 

'WOW! Hearts will be getting a dynamo! One of the hottest young Japanese there is! Fast, skillful, superb shot and, most important compared to many Japanese, not afraid to try something.'

ย 

Make this happen Hearts!

8 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

I think they give a recommendation then pass it on to the work permit folk

I enjoy playing spot the hobo on threads like this they are terrified that we might sign this lad, if we do the seethe will be humungous

The Old Tolbooth
1 minute ago, OmiyaHearts said:

I got the response below on twitter, from a friend who produces a Japanese Soccer magazine:

ย 

'WOW! Hearts will be getting a dynamo! One of the hottest young Japanese there is! Fast, skillful, superb shot and, most important compared to many Japanese, not afraid to try something.'

ย 

Make this happen Hearts!

ย 

Please make this happen ๐Ÿ™

Scnorthedinburgh

The sfa must endorse the player as of the correct skill level, this gives him a governing body endorsement. The home office won't issue a work permit without it.

City could get the fa to do it, but the SFA would still review the player before granting the players registration on loan.

He meets the for a ranking part, Japan have never been ranked lower than 62 so their two year average will be high enough.

fabienleclerq

I msgd my Japanese friend who follows Hearts and his response was..ย 

ย 

"Hi thanks for the heads up. ย Would be exciting for me personally as a Japanese"ย 

ย 

"Meshino is a Gamba Osaka youth product, from probably the highest rated academy in Japan. ย He hasnโ€™t really done all that much yet to warrant a Man City move (and not too young anymore at 21), but he was having a good season so far with Gamba (season starts in February) finally nailing a staring place and scoring some goals."

ย 

" Quite a dribblomanic - hope he is smarter than Tony Watt!"

ย 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zlDNf28E9E0

ย 

" Iโ€™d add that he is an old-fashioned smaller forward, a No 11 who tends to get deployed on the wings but not really natural there. ย I canโ€™t really compare the levels as I have never seen Scottish and Japanese teams play each other - he could be anywhere between Sam Nicholson and Graham Weir. ย Probably a smaller Tony Watt. ย Downplaying expectations a bit.๐Ÿ˜‰"

ย