Global warming

Hairdryer

With all this strange weather we are having this summer all over the world it’s time for everyone to be more aware of the damage we are doing to this planet.

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The Internet

• Francis Albert

• Jambo-Jimbo

• H2

2 hours ago, Hairdryer said:

With all this strange weather we are having this summer all over the world it’s time for everyone to be more aware of the damage we are doing to this planet.

In blame hairdryers for so-called global warming😉

2 hours ago, Hairdryer said:

10 years too late already.

And nothing is slowing down.

Plastic use to increase

Electric cars being held up as some kind of answer.

To make one has a carbon footprint several times the carbon footprint a petrol over its whole life.

Mass extinction  is on it's way.

13 minutes ago, jake said:

Plastic use to increase

To make one has a carbon footprint several times the carbon footprint a petrol over its whole life.

Ah well, it's been a blast, Jake.

Nearly every pupil who walked into my Geography class thought Global warming  meant more lovely sunny days. I did enjoy educating them that it actually meant more rainy days for us.

Personally I think this planet has passed its tipping point. Its damage limitation now.

2 minutes ago, Der Kaiser said:

Nearly every pupil who walked into my Geography class thought Global warming  meant more lovely sunny days. I did enjoy educating them that it actually meant more rainy days for us.

Personally I think this planet has passed its tipping point. Its damage limitation now.

It's not even damage limitation.   It's damage consequences.      It's beyond even limitation.

3 minutes ago, Victorian said:

It's not even damage limitation.   It's damage consequences.      It's beyond even limitation.

Had to dilute it for the kids....1st years weren't ready to hear "Good luck with your dreams of being an architect....more likely you'll be squeezing water out your own shit for something to drink before heading out on foraging runs at night to avoid the lethal midday sun and rampaging gangs of cannibals....that's a pretty house you've drawn.....that's where the local overlord lives now with your old wife...she's his slave now, he's quite a few slave wives....and I think he ate your baby as well....yup his staff is made of human leg bones"

2 minutes ago, Der Kaiser said:

Had to dilute it for the kids....1st years weren't ready to hear "Good luck with your dreams of being an architect....more likely you'll be squeezing water out your own shit for something to drink before heading out on foraging runs at night to avoid the lethal midday sun and rampaging gangs of cannibals....that's a pretty house you've drawn.....that's where the local overlord lives now with your old wife...she's his slave now, he's quite a few slave wives....and I think he ate your baby as well....yup his staff is made of human leg bones"

An no-punches-held post apocalyptic film.    About Hearts after another 2 6th place finishes.

luckyBatistuta

We need a right good world fecht  to get the population down, either that, or a good old dose of the flu

The Internet
32 minutes ago, jake said:

Plastic use to increase

Pretty much. You don't have to look far to see the evidence of it, record breaking temperatures, ice loss, rainfall all over the place and we're all just waiting to see the real effects at this point. At 29 I'm confident I'll see some pretty severe consequences of climate change in my lifetime. 

2 hours ago, ArcticJambo said:

As long as we get more lightning! I like lightning.  :thumbsup:

More of a Jet man, myself.

J.T.F.Robertson

You can't undo a hundred and fifty odd years of feck-ups by instigating a ten year pull back. Damage is done and will take more than we have to offer to reverse.

On top of that, we can't control our instinct to reproduce. How many now? 7 - 8 BILLION. Might not be so bad if we were doing a decent job. (whatever qualifies as "a decent job")

4 hours ago, jake said:

Plastic use to increase

It's already started.  The 6th mass extinction of species has begun.

4 hours ago, Der Kaiser said:

Correct.  The damage already done to the oceans will take aeons to repair, even if we stopped our stupidity today.  And 70% of the planet's oxygen comes from marine plants.  Let's see how homo sapiens does when the oxygen we breathe is reduced by 70%. 

Past caring now after McDonald's introduced those paper abominations. For me that was the last straw, the straw that broke the camel's back. Do I blame McD's entirely? Frankly yes. Call it a strawman argument but like I said, past caring. 

We are ****ed. One of the last generations of humans to live decent lives good luck future grand kids sorry we ****ed your planet up so badly  

Edited by AlimOzturk

The Real Maroonblood
13 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

We are ****ed. One of the last generations of humans to live decent lives good luck future grand kids sorry we ****ed your planet up so badly  

This.

"More than 2.5 million years ago Greenland looked like the green Alaskan tundra, before it was covered by the second largest body of ice on Earth,"  must've been toasting eh?

Whilst global warming is a huge issue, the problem is there are many more immediate issues that impact people's lives.

When a single mother doesn't have money to feed her or her kids, or a homeless man in Edinburgh has to wait 18 months for a roof over his head, I doubt that global warming is at the top of their list of problems.

It's essentially businesses and banks who are causing global warming - will the government take them to task? Will they ****.

The poor will be punished, just like what happened in the financial crash. Not one Banker jailed. Paying for plastic bags etc.

It's laughable that the same people who are getting homes repossessed, or have been made bankcrupt, most actually helped bail out the banks through taxes!

It's not mentioned much in the news either how these banks literally made hundreds of thousands of people redundant - and still hold the barrel over many of its employees. Safe in the knowledge there is little in the way of punishment.  

Too big to fail...

It's all fine and well when upper class tw*ts lie on roads, which only serves to inconvenience people who are mostly struggling to make ends meet anyway, but the reality is there is so many issues ordinary people face today that they have not much left to concentrate on the future.

As with everything big businesses and banks are having the most negative impact. Focus should be on that. 

Edited by Tynieman

Ron Burgundy
13 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

We need a right good world fecht  to get the population down, either that, or a good old dose of the flu

Harsh but probably the only real way forward.

We are constantly trying to save lives of people who live in places where natural selection would normally keep the population down.

Advances in medicine and longer life spans will ultimately destroy the human race.

The great filter is the best theory I have read as to why humanity hasn't seen any advanced alien life. I believe humanty is  now on the verge of confirming that theory...step nine colonizing space. We wont get that far

luckyBatistuta
1 hour ago, Ron Burgundy said:

Harsh but probably the only real way forward.

We are constantly trying to save lives of people who live in places where natural selection would normally keep the population down.

Advances in medicine and longer life spans will ultimately destroy the human race.

It is indeed harsh, but the sad reality is, the human race will destroy the human race one way or another, be that war, or just everyone dying by foolishly killing off  the planet that supports us. 

The Real Maroonblood
3 hours ago, Old Blue Eyes said:

"More than 2.5 million years ago Greenland looked like the green Alaskan tundra, before it was covered by the second largest body of ice on Earth,"  must've been toasting eh?

https://www.forbes.com/sites/trevornace/2019/08/06/greenland-lost-125-billion-tons-of-ice-in-one-day-a-grave-reminder-of-our-changing-planet/

11years ago I was keeping an eye on the ground works for my house extension. 1.5 metres down, every kind of seashell was being dug up by the mini-digger. My house must be at least 8 metres above sea level. And 2 years ago, the west pier at Port Seton was completely submerged by a spring tide. I'm the wrong side of 50 and never seen a tide that high. I'm of to get my skippers licence.

Kind of puts Brexit Trump and all the rest of it in the shade.

I've decided to stop paying my credit card.

After I've racked it up to the max.

Also going to apply for a few more.

Fek it the whole world is in debt 8 times the worlds GDP.

And those who lead us are corrupt to fek anyway.

2 hours ago, jake said:

Dinny be so stupid ffs. 

Are you planning on just going bankrupted afterwards?

26 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Dinny be so stupid ffs. 

Are you planning on just going bankrupted afterwards?

Have not thought that far ahead.

Just like everyone else.

8 minutes ago, jake said:

Have not thought that far ahead.

Just like everyone else.

Not the road to go down. Just because the future is unclear doesn't mean you make stupid rash decisions in the present. Ruining your financial future would be one of them  

That's part of the reason humanity is heading in the direction it is. 

34 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Not the road to go down. Just because the future is unclear doesn't mean you make stupid rash decisions in the present. Ruining your financial future would be one of them  

That's part of the reason humanity is heading in the direction it is. 

I'm just following the lead.

My financial future is clear .

I'm not into austerity .

Ach I'm sorry bud I'm being pseudo something.

Genuinely Alim I kind of feel that way listening to the shite and squirming of politics and just the whole greedy show.

If global warming shuts that patronising wee Greta Thunberg bint up then I’m all for it. 

Not got any homework to do, luv?

luckyBatistuta
6 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Probably better that humanity is wiped out sooner rather than later anyway. 

Having a good day bud :(

18 hours ago, jake said:

The world ain't ending tomorrow bud.

Walking along the royal mile and the amount of wasted paper on stupid flyers, posters and advertisements is utterly pathetic. 

5 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

The world ain't ending tomorrow bud.

Thank goodness.

I've still to apply for a few more credit cards.

On 13/08/2019 at 19:33, jake said:

A bit dramatic, no? 😂

dobmisterdobster
On 13/08/2019 at 11:25, Tynieman said:

Whilst global warming is a huge issue, the problem is there are many more immediate issues that impact people's lives.

When a single mother doesn't have money to feed her or her kids, or a homeless man in Edinburgh has to wait 18 months for a roof over his head, I doubt that global warming is at the top of their list of problems.

It's essentially businesses and banks who are causing global warming - will the government take them to task? Will they ****.

The poor will be punished, just like what happened in the financial crash. Not one Banker jailed. Paying for plastic bags etc.

It's laughable that the same people who are getting homes repossessed, or have been made bankcrupt, most actually helped bail out the banks through taxes!

It's not mentioned much in the news either how these banks literally made hundreds of thousands of people redundant - and still hold the barrel over many of its employees. Safe in the knowledge there is little in the way of punishment.  

Too big to fail...

It's all fine and well when upper class tw*ts lie on roads, which only serves to inconvenience people who are mostly struggling to make ends meet anyway, but the reality is there is so many issues ordinary people face today that they have not much left to concentrate on the future.

As with everything big businesses and banks are having the most negative impact. Focus should be on that. 

!00% agree.

Ordinary people should not have to reduce their quality of life while celebrities and politicians pat themselves on the back and fly around on private jets.

Most of the world's pollution is created by developing countries. Our impact in the west is minuscule.

1 hour ago, jake said:

Thank goodness.

I've still to apply for a few more credit cards.

Mair plastic. Shameful!

The sheer acceleration of global warming and increasing prevalence in extreme weather events in recent years is unprecedented and probably beyond even some of the worst predictions. I think we've had such a significant impact on the world that runaway climate change is occurring and no amount of positive change will stop it. You just need to look at the increase in people like Trump and Putin coming to power to know that we're all doomed. I fear for the lives our grandkids will live.

Edited by Jambos_1874

24 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

Are you on stage at the Fringe? :lol:

Love your posts Jake.

😎 

Thanks bud you do realise you are in a minority.

The Internet
47 minutes ago, mrmarkus1981 said:

I'll be long gone before the earth dies. So, meh

We all will. Got millions, possibly billions, of years before that happens. Might see the beginning of the end for humans though. 

J.T.F.Robertson
2 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Mair plastic. Shameful!

It’s also now falling with snow in the Arctic. :(

Saw that on the BBC just before I left the hoose.

I admit to scratching my heid at that.