Harry Cochrane

Romulus

What is going on with him at the moment? I know he had injury problems last year but no appearances yet this season and only named on the bench twice I believe. Surely deserves a run in the team given Clare gets almost unlimited chances in the team.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thomaso

• TheBigO

• soonbe110

• Flaps_98

Just now, Mort said:

What is going on with him at the moment? I know he had injury problems last year but no appearances yet this season and only named on the bench twice I believe. Surely deserves a run in the team given Clare gets almost unlimited chances in the team.

Probably best to ask Harry. 

Think his development has stalled.  Seen him pre season a couple of times and wasnt great at all   Needs a Loan deal I think to get game time and toughen up 

StevenNaismith

Injuries have severely hampered his progress, especially physically. Needs to bulk up a fair bit to get to where they want him to be. A loan move would maybe be best for him.

Just now, StevenNaismith said:

Injuries have severely hampered his progress, especially physically. Needs to bulk up a fair bit to get to where they want him to be. A loan move would maybe be best for him.

If he is unlikely to feature in the first team the first team then that’s what should happen  

Sounds like he needs a spell seeing what happens if you don't make it tbh. Watching Si Ferrys interviews with guys like Michael Gardyne, all of them say going out on loan to these wee clubs in wee towns is eye opening. 

Worrying for Cochrane, Irving & McDonald we are signing all these midfielders! 

Levein took ALL the credit when these boys broke through! Now we have a bit dough to spend on wages there vanished! 

How on earth can and more importantly should Bozanic or Clare be infront of these guys! It’s criminal! 

The three of them should be heavily involved but next we will get the “not a good time to bleed youngsters” excuse! 

The playing side of our football club from Daly to Levein to Zlamal to Uche is totally fecked! Almost feel corrupt we are that sh1te. 

kingantti1874

Gone from our best midfielder at age 16, to anonymous at 18.. I heard from a friend who’s lad plays in the younger age groups (Caveat that with its purely second hand therefore may be guff) that he’s taken the eye off the ball since he found a girlfriend. Hopefully not - needs to kick on now 

We don't seem to be the best at transitioning promising youngsters into first team regulars.We used to be but not anymore.Some of these guys are still really young though.

Sexton Hardcastle
7 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Gone from our best midfielder at age 16, to anonymous at 18.. I heard from a friend who’s lad plays in the younger age groups (Caveat that with its purely second hand therefore may be guff) that he’s taken the eye off the ball since he found a girlfriend. Hopefully not - needs to kick on now 

Was he though? Literally had a couple of good games. The usual mental expectations put on the kid as normal with our support.

38 minutes ago, robjam said:

Think his development has stalled.  Seen him pre season a couple of times and wasnt great at all   Needs a Loan deal I think to get game time and toughen up 

Exactly my opinion.  Always difficult (and probably unfair) to judge players when they’re getting limited game time but I thought he was poor as well.

23 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Needs to grow up, apply himself and behave, is what I have heard (second hand as well) 

19 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

We don't seem to be the best at transitioning promising youngsters into first team regulars.We used to be but not anymore.Some of these guys are still really young though.

Age or lack of maturity is usually the issue 

Byyy The Light
20 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

Its a tough one. Morrison got pelters at Tynecastle last year. Clare also gets pelters and he’s only 22 and very inexperienced.

Frustrating thing for me is there doesn’t seem to be any logic or structure to their development. Connor Smith got launched in for a debut away at Easter Road for example. Out of nowhere. Same with a couple of others. It all seems very random at times. 

Edited by Byyy The Light

Hard to judge a player in a struggling team but reminds me of Stephen Simmons - young player scores against old firm and everyone bigs him up only to come crashing down to earth with a bump

55 minutes ago, Mort said:

He’s got Levein flu....

TemasekJambo
33 minutes ago, red said:

Worrying for Cochrane, Irving & McDonald we are signing all these midfielders! 

Levein took ALL the credit when these boys broke through! Now we have a bit dough to spend on wages there vanished! 

How on earth can and more importantly should Bozanic or Clare be infront of these guys! It’s criminal! 

The three of them should be heavily involved but next we will get the “not a good time to bleed youngsters” excuse! 

The playing side of our football club from Daly to Levein to Zlamal to Uche is totally fecked! Almost feel corrupt we are that sh1te. 

Bozanic maybe not but Clare deserves his place, he was one of the few players on Saturday who got the ball down and tried to do something with it

Edited by TemasekJambo

7 minutes ago, Byyy The Light said:

Its a tough one. Morrison got pelters at Tynecastle last year. Clare also gets pelters and he’s only 22 and very inexperienced.

Frustrating thing for me is there doesn’t seem to be any logic or structure to their development. Connor Smith got launched in for a debut away at Easter Road for example. Out of nowhere. Same with a couple of others. It all seems very random at times. 

Completely agree.I do have to say we as a support are notoriously harsh on youngsters as well imo.Even Hickey these season has taken pelters for what in all honesty was a lack of experience and nativity nothing more.

14 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

He’s got Levein flu....

Justifiably so if the stories are true. Levein keeping it in house. 

Alex Kintner

Issues with fitness and physique hampering him. Finished bottom of the squad in fitness tests run by sports scientists during pre-season. Once his footballing body catches up with his footballing brain he’ll hopefully start progressing again.

Needs to be playing every week.  Pains me to say it, but he needs a loan deal to get playing again.  Not a good environment for him to develop in at the moment with hoofball and new midfielders being signed.

BarneyBattles44
30 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Needs to grow up, apply himself and behave, is what I have heard (second hand as well) 

Wee guy is living the dream . lose the fringe work hard and take every chance he gets before he dissapears.

1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

That and a few other bits and pieces going on i’d been told but that was pretty much the jist

18 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

I have no idea if the stories are true - with respect neither do you.

9 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

I have no idea if the stories are true - with respect neither do you.

Correct, that’s what I said. ‘If’

Diadora Van Basten

That’s the problem of getting your debut at such a young age. The expectation is that you will be a first team regular by now but in reality he will still find it difficult to cope physically playing in the centre of midfield against men. 

11 minutes ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

That’s the problem of getting your debut at such a young age. The expectation is that you will be a first team regular by now but in reality he will still find it difficult to cope physically playing in the centre of midfield against men. 

So do you think he was rushed into the first team too young?

Bazzas right boot

Hasn't impressed when he has played. 

Some posters that watch the different levels have said he's been average for them as well. 

Said last year he should go on loan, still think he should. 

Not good enough right now, also I'd be wary of pitching any young players in until we win a few games. 

The crowd turns fast. 

8 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Careful, comments like that could turn this thread into another Levein bashing thread 

1 minute ago, soonbe110 said:

Careful, comments like that could turn this thread into another Levein bashing thread 

If the cap fits....

alwaysthereinspirit

So talk of a future sell on fee is slightly premature.

You'd think I'd have learned after the" Ian Black is painting houses to make ends meet" debacle.

Damn me to hell.

1 hour ago, jambobob61 said:

Not ready at the moment, yet another lightweight midfielder!

Probably spoil him for good if he was simply chucked in to a really toiling 'team'.

Never stopped him running rings around “broony” and making him look an abject idiot for 90 minutes. And that was in the past 

he has ability. He might still need to bulk up a bit, physically, but he has talent, no question 

would rather seeing him get some loan time than staying in the background not getting any 1st team action if this is what’s really required 

1 hour ago, soonbe110 said:

I'm guessing the same story I've heard.

Diadora Van Basten
31 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Not necessarily but there is a change in attitude to young players once they have played for the first team. 

Just now, Diadora Van Basten said:

Not necessarily but there is a change in attitude to young players once they have played for the first team. 

A change in who’s attitude and what change is that?

He’s been poor for a while. Lucky for him scoring against Celtic means you’re a world beater for a lot of our fans.

Like a lot of youngsters seems to have loads of talent just the wrong application. Agree that a loan move would be best.

More likely we’ll have moaning regarding why he doesn’t start week in/ week out despite being anonymous in every game he’s played for the last season.

2 minutes ago, Mr Rabbit said:

He’s been poor for a while. Lucky for him scoring against Celtic means you’re a world beater for a lot of our fans.

Not just the fans, Levein said he was the best midfield player at Tynecastle last season and could not wait to get him back from injury!

7 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

A change in who’s attitude and what change is that?

Maybe he isn't putting the work in, during sessions and out with sessions. 

That's on him. Not everything lies at the door of Craig Levein.