Harsh words in the dressing room - Washington’s interview

Hearts1975

3 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

“Not letting the crowds frustrations affect our game” suggests to me that some of the players resent the crowd for giving them a hard time, think there’s a lot of whinging pussies in the dressing room and no men who acknowledge that they should be doing better, the players and the management need to stop finding excuses and blaming each other and start taking some ownership individually 

If you can't handle playing at Tynecastle in front of a very demanding fanbase then you shouldn't be here. We're a big club. We demand better than what we are getting from the players and the management. So we should. It really is that simple.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BarneyBattles44

• afanderson33

• Soapy Soutar

• Hearts1975

23 minutes ago, kila said:

The issue is who is actually doing the training and engaging with the players

Is Levein taking training and engaging? Or watching some U13s game while Fox takes training?

I think the whole setup with Levein is fragmented and he is just delegating everything. Who are they playing for? Levein? Or Fox? Or Austin? Where does Daly come into it?

The secret to being unaccountable is to delegate, and blame them... 

I totally agree. This has been the issue since Levein took over as manager.

We effectively have a part-time manager because he spends a lot of his time doing his DoF role. And recently that has meant a lot of hours dealing with agents, potential signings and contract negotiations.

The model doesn't work as the coaches don't have any real authority. And he is only getting involved with the first team a couple of days a week so there is no coherence to the preparation for matches.

Soapy Soutar
9 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

So you’ve made a statement which you believe to be true but with nothing to back it up. 

Lost the dressing room after 2 league games? 

So Naisy, Halkett, Damour, Washington who’ve all signed recently, want rid off the manager? 

The club captain Berra and vice captain Souttar want rid off the manager? 

Those who all signed new deals recently, want rid off the manager? 

I don’t think so. 

You exclude the league cup games and the last 6 months of last season.

Players will always do what is best for them,you telling me all these players that we have signed or that have new contracts didnt know we been dire for months?They didnt know many fans want levein gone??Of course they did and there is no evidence in results,performances or effort to suggest they are behind him

Soapy Soutar
8 minutes ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

How so? Do you know for a fact Levein has lost the dressing room? Because that's what you wrote. 

I think its fairly obvious

I think it's abundantly clear the players have given up on the manager and don't believe in his ideas. It explains the nature of the performances this year.

Best to completely ignore any interview or quotes from the players, they won't tell the truth while Levein is still in charge. The players attitude on the pitch tells us all we need to know.

For years we have not been tight enough when the opposition have the ball, and not been proactive enough about finding space and offering options when our team has the ball...this is a pre-Levein problem.

Hectormasson
14 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

If you can't handle playing at Tynecastle in front of a very demanding fanbase then you shouldn't be here. We're a big club. We demand better than what we are getting from the players and the management. So we should. It really is that simple.

Correct the fans are the club !!!

18 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

So you’ve made a statement which you believe to be true but with nothing to back it up. 

Lost the dressing room after 2 league games? 

So Naisy, Halkett, Damour, Washington who’ve all signed recently, want rid off the manager? 

The club captain Berra and vice captain Souttar want rid off the manager? 

Those who all signed new deals recently, want rid off the manager? 

I don’t think so. 

Naismith knows and obviously likes Levein and got himself a four year deal at his age which is pretty good going. Halkett signed a pre season , Damour was apparently a Levein target two years ago and would have spoken to Paterson no doubt and he would have said we are a good club.

Washington would not doubt have been attracted to the club via McPhee.

Souttar signed a few years back and was told he would play in his favoured position of CB rathert than as a utilty player as he was at United and Berra came back partly because he wanted to finish his career at his first club but also for family reason.

I am not suggesting that players want rid of the manager just giving what may be valid reasons as to wy they are at the club.

24 minutes ago, Soapy Soutar said:

You exclude the league cup games and the last 6 months of last season.

Players will always do what is best for them,you telling me all these players that we have signed or that have new contracts didnt know we been dire for months?They didnt know many fans want levein gone??Of course they did and there is no evidence in results,performances or effort to suggest they are behind him

So why did they sign on and stay on if they hate the manager?

The two biggest leaders in the dressing room, Berra and Naisy, want the manager punted? :laugh2:

I saw plenty effort v Aberdeen. Within a week everything changes to, “lost the dressing room”. :rofl:

You’re talking out of your erse. Another load of hysterical made up bollocks. 

33 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

I think it's abundantly clear the players have given up on the manager and don't believe in his ideas. It explains the nature of the performances this year.

Best to completely ignore any interview or quotes from the players, they won't tell the truth while Levein is still in charge. The players attitude on the pitch tells us all we need to know.

What, with regards to Leveins tactics/outlook/mindset/coaching, do you think has changed since the first part of last season?

Edited by SUTOL

1 hour ago, colinmaroon said:

Why aren't you the manager? 

You're obviously attending every training session. 

The major over analysing is on here.  The players didn't do their job properly.   It's like the comparing the pressing game in the 4-0 and Cup Final against time in between when we lost to the Mhanks.  First two, the players carried out the plan well and the time we lost they pushed up but didn't press and we left gaps in behind as a result.

Anyone who has played knows it happens. Plus the drip drip torture of a simply awful one sided refereeing display should not be lost in the warranted criticism of the team.

Craig Levein himself after the feeble 5-0 defeat at Celtic Park last season -

“I made a decision that with all the high-profile matches we’ve had, I thought the energy levels would begin to wain. I made the decision to sit in and try and frustrate Celtic and hit them on the counter-attack but I got that one wrong.”

The players did as they were told.

59 minutes ago, afanderson33 said:

The referee is why we didn’t win? 😂😂😂😂😂

if Levein can get us prepared and up for big games against Celtic but not for run of the mill games is that not even worse? Also for reference Ian Cathro’s Hearts beat Rangers 4-1, Jon Daly got a draw at Ibrox and Craig Levein’s Hearts have lost 7 in a row to them. But the problem is with the players sure. 

Typical utter crap!  What a tube type response!

Never said it was because of the referee!  The players were woeful on Saturday.  To blame it on overcoaching is just another "gem" from treasure chest of plonkeritis.

afanderson33
5 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

Typical utter crap!  What a tube type response!

Never said it was because of the referee!  The players were woeful on Saturday.  To blame it on overcoaching is just another "gem" from treasure chest of plonkeritis.

Why did you bring up the officiating? How is that relevant in the slightest?

16 minutes ago, SUTOL said:

What, with regards to Leveins tactics/outlook/mindset/coaching, do you think has changed since the first part of last season?

We are clearly malfunctioning somewhere, but that is a very good point.

BarneyBattles44
29 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

So why did they sign on and stay on if they hate the manager?

The two biggest leaders in the dressing room, Berra and Naisy, want the manager punted? :laugh2:

I saw plenty effort v Aberdeen. Within a week everything changes to, “lost the dressing room”. :rofl:

You’re talking out of your erse. Another load of hysterical made up bollocks. 

Its football issues questioning wether certain players knew what their duties are. Leaders demand answers

2 hours ago, Famous 1874 said:

Budge won’t like that 

Neither will my wife, nor would my mother.  Very refined are family Tas.   

They are a decent squad of players.  It will get sorted.  Some team is in for a pagging. Hopefully, sooner rather than later.

If the captain is ignoring the game plan and hoofing the ball up to uche then what can you do. Rewatched the game and the amount of times the ball goes over the midfield is unbelievable

BarneyBattles44

Hearts can turn it around they have to move onto next game LC Motherwell. It's always a huge inspiration for the side to come out the tunnel be supported by Us Fans. The Team needs a top performance a win to give the players a taste of victory. The right competitive balance in midfield as its going to be a battle to get our creative players on the ball.  As things stand we can n must win for the sake of the support the back bone of any club.

10 minutes ago, BarneyBattles44 said:

Its football issues questioning wether certain players knew what their duties are. Leaders demand answers

I wouldn’t disagree.

The centerhalfs and the goalkeeper were the main cause of all our problems on Saturday by continuously smashing the ball up the park. They are terrified of making mistakes and you can see it in their defending, they are nervous and not confident in each other or themselves.

The midfield were dropping off looking for the ball 1st half but when it was smashed up the park, they were then too deep to support the forwards or win the 2nd balls. At the same time we had White and Smith trying to overlap and they found themselves making pointless runs forward so just stopped making them, risk v reward.

In the 2nd half it got to the point where all the players just expected a punt up the park and the distance between midfield and attack was enourmous. In the end the shape was non-existent, everything was tight and compact and it became a shit show.

I’d also say had we had played 4-3-3 or something that allowed someone like Irving to drop in and to take the ball from the centerhalfs, things may have been completely different. I thought in 4-4-2 the two centerhalfs were terrified to play a pass past Ross County players into midfield or make gains with the ball and force County players to commit. 

The defence in possession without Soapy is horrible. 

Bazzas right boot

The second ball thing was the big issue imo. Ross county won most in defensive and attacking areas. 

For me a sign of the team carrying too many half fit players. 

Half a yard behind all day. 

We need to get it sorted. 

As a side note, I like Washington, made great runs all day, ran his heart out as well. 

He might get more joy on away days. 

45 minutes ago, SUTOL said:

At the start of last season we had a fair amount of new players, playing openly, using their brain to make decisions.

That was coached out of them after about two months - which also took away their confidence.

BarneyBattles44
12 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

I wouldn’t disagree.

The centerhalfs and the goalkeeper were the main cause of all our problems on Saturday by continuously smashing the ball up the park. They are terrified of making mistakes and you can see it in their defending, they are nervous and not confident in each other or themselves.

The midfield were dropping off looking for the ball 1st half but when it was smashed up the park, they were then too deep to support the forwards or win the 2nd balls. At the same time we had White and Smith trying to overlap and they found themselves making pointless runs forward so just stopped making them, risk v reward.

In the 2nd half it got to the point where all the players just expected a punt up the park and the distance between midfield and attack was enourmous. In the end the shape was non-existent, everything was tight and compact and it became a shit show.

I’d also say had we had played 4-3-3 or something that allowed someone like Irving to drop in and to take the ball from the centerhalfs, things may have been completely different. I thought in 4-4-2 the two centerhalfs were terrified to play a pass past Ross County players into midfield or make gains with the ball and force County players to commit. 

The defence in possession without Soapy is horrible. 

Your posts are better to read than most Pundits. Absolutely nailed it. 

Hearts injuries have stopped our ability to play the way we all yearn for. The players out are crucial ln needed. Unfortunately we have to wait. We also have players who are dealing with fitness ie NS Uche etc. The Defensive players don't help the GK confidence n ends up a scape goat. So many issues to resolve and tweeks needed. These can be dealt with on the training pitches n overview sessions. Thanks for always delivering a great read. 4-2-4 

Edited by BarneyBattles44

Our performances have been baffling for some time. We do look like the manager has lost the dressing room, but on the other hand most of the players speak very highly of Levein. This is supported by contract extensions and guys like Naismith signing.

It is baffling. I’ve no idea what the root of the problem is, and I doubt any of us do. We can only speculate based on what we see.

I do find it strange that given the high regard the players seem to hold Levein, why don’t they bust a gut to keep him in a job?

2 minutes ago, amadjambo said:

Our performances have been baffling for some time. We do look like the manager has lost the dressing room, but on the other hand most of the players speak very highly of Levein. This is supported by contract extensions and guys like Naismith signing.

It is baffling. I’ve no idea what the root of the problem is, and I doubt any of us do. We can only speculate based on what we see.

I do find it strange that given the high regard the players seem to hold Levein, why don’t they bust a gut to keep him in a job?

I said that on Saturday. Players will know enough people in the game and will know what certain managers are like. I doubt we could sign the caliber of players we have this summer if CL was that bad. We also have enough 'senior' players that they should be taking the game by the scruff of the neck, if need be. I think Berra is done, he is now quiet on the pitch, not the leader he once was. 

8 minutes ago, amadjambo said:

All just guesswork on my part, but I now suspect the biggest issue is the delegation, and who it’s being delegated to. :(

I think the review of the football departments and the actions taken afterwards might be the catalyst to us sorting out these particular issues.

I personally think we need to ditch the conveyor belt of coaches model, but we need to have a strong DoF who supports the Academy Director/manager and the Head Coach.

BarneyBattles44
10 minutes ago, tokyowalnut said:

I said that on Saturday. Players will know enough people in the game and will know what certain managers are like. I doubt we could sign the caliber of players we have this summer if CL was that bad. We also have enough 'senior' players that they should be taking the game by the scruff of the neck, if need be. I think Berra is done, he is now quiet on the pitch, not the leader he once was. 

If it is down to coaching management then CL n Co need to go. The Romanov era was unbelievable for sackings or a few weeks wages for Vlad's idiotic bus load of coach's Bar Valdas a really sound guy. CL may or not be the blame if he isn't then should step up or go. 

Paulo was a loss he had a great effection for Us.

1 hour ago, Longshanks said:

At the Dundee United game I was embarrassed watching some of our play.  It was as if our players didn't know the new rules around goalkicks, waiting on the ball to leave the box to collect it and being put under pressure instead of just going in the box and collecting it earlier.  With 100 coaches it's weird that we get the basics wrong.  But at least we know what way a striker will hit a penalty if it is 3pm on a Sunday and it's raining.

Surely you mean you were not satisfied with the level of performance?    You weren't embarrassed.     Like... pure red pus beamer.       Embarrassed sounds better though,  eh?

BarneyBattles44
18 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

All just guesswork on my part, but I now suspect the biggest issue is the delegation, and who it’s being delegated to. :(

I think the review of the football departments and the actions taken afterwards might be the catalyst to us sorting out these particular issues.

I personally think we need to ditch the conveyor belt of coaches model, but we need to have a strong DoF who supports the Academy Director/manager and the Head Coach.

Thats a tough gig for one person a lot of distractions an octopus would struggle to cope. CL needs to decide his top priority. Board member DOF or Head Coach. If  he is unable to do the traditional managing training the First team then he needs to find a man that can. Its crazy stuff.

1 minute ago, BarneyBattles44 said:

Thats a tough gig for one person a lot of distractions an octopus would struggle to cope. CL needs to descide his top priority. If he is unable to do the traditional managing training the First team then he needs to find a man that can. Its crazy stuff.

I think you are correct actually. All just my opinion though.

BarneyBattles44

I think we all agree CL has more power than anyone ever wanted one person to have in our club since Romanov era. One man folks. Use your powerful voices n opinions to question that point. Instead of  whining about swearing name calling and touting.

1 hour ago, Tasavallan said:

Neither will my wife, nor would my mother.  Very refined are family Tas.   

They are a decent squad of players.  It will get sorted.  Some team is in for a pagging. Hopefully, sooner rather than later.

Judging by the lack of chances created 2nd half Saturday against a newly promoted team who were hardly sitting in, I’m not holding my breath with the current squad 

BarneyBattles44
5 minutes ago, kimosavi said:

The Biggest bunch of pansies i can remember playing for Hearts 

Dont forget the wet the beds on here 

3 hours ago, afanderson33 said:

For what it’s worth I’ve seen enough of Washington in pre-season to be sure he’ll get goals for us. He’s been denied by top goalkeeping and let down by bad play around him. His game is clearly based on movement and it’s very obvious to those who can spot a player

Agreed mate...that's what is so frustrating... We have a very good squad. 

I think Craig lost his mojo after the heart scare (understandable)... Unfortunately he now seems to be losing the dressing room.

Ann needs to act soon, or his health and legend status will be fading quicker than our fan base... 

pettigrewsstylist
4 hours ago, Soapy Soutar said:

Manager has lost the dressing room its as simple as that rightly so i may add

Seems likely. 

15 minutes ago, BarneyBattles44 said:

Thats a tough gig for one person a lot of distractions an octopus would struggle to cope. CL needs to decide his top priority. Board member DOF or Head Coach. If  he is unable to do the traditional managing training the First team then he needs to find a man that can. Its crazy stuff.

Very good point.

Its easy to blame Levein for the performances, but how much of an influence and input does he actually have in first team game preparation and tactics? It’s impossible for him to do it all given all the positions he fills. My suspicion is that McPhee and Daly might be the problem, and Levein is acting as figurehead. 

Whatever the problem is though, something has to change quickly.

58 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Surprised naismith didnt have something to say at half time to be honest!!!

Given his performance in the first half, he'd have had a cheek.

BarneyBattles44

Way off topic i have to type this n post it on here .

If your going to get me punted from here as you clearly find me a reckoning voice. Reporting me after calling me a hobo etc. N my retort to you wee snowflake . I've read a lot worse here. I apologize for breaking the JKB rules and to anyone found / finds offence in my comments. I too was offended but I didn't n won't report anyone. I in fact reported myself. Don't be sneaky from afar. If i get banned its my fault . I'm going to try n follow the rules. Are You?

BarneyBattles44
24 minutes ago, amadjambo said:

Very good point.

Its easy to blame Levein for the performances, but how much of an influence and input does he actually have in first team game preparation and tactics? It’s impossible for him to do it all given all the positions he fills. My suspicion is that McPhee and Daly might be the problem, and Levein is acting as figurehead. 

Whatever the problem is though, something has to change quickly.

So who is over seeing who is the next thought process . maybe the tinted specs will crack n some / most or all of Us will see clearly that someone has been playing Hide n Seek again.

The thing that gets me when I saw our team line up on Saturday I thought looks very decent indeed.

The way it panned out though it wasn't just the fact that we couldn't beat them it was the way in which they dominated the game and the stats were ridiculous and in all honesty we could have taken a thumping.

When did the likes of Ross County last come to Tynecastle and completely outplay us.

It was chronic and embarrassing when you look at their meagre budget to recruit players yet they were by far the better team.

Edited by Robbo-Jambo

afanderson33
24 minutes ago, BarneyBattles44 said:

So who is over seeing who is the next thought process . maybe the tinted specs will crack n some / most or all of Us will see clearly that someone has been playing Hide n Seek again.

The word you're looking for is "and"

4 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

The thing that gets me when I saw our team line up on Saturday I thought looks very decent indeed.

The way it panned out though it wasn't just the fact that we couldn't beat them it was the way in which they dominated the game and the stats were ridiculous and in all honesty we could have taken a thumping.

When did the likes of Ross County last come to Tynecastle and completely outplay us.

It was chronic and embarrassing when you look at their meagre budget to recruit players yet they were by far the better team.

Yep. That’s pretty much exactly how I felt after the final whistle on Saturday.