Worst game attended

Lord Beni of Gorgie

2 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

You remember it better than me. 

I remember in the early to mid nineties they humped as a lot. We reversed that in the late 90's tho. 

0-5 at Pittodrie in 1991 was a particular horror show amongst the routine 0-3's and 1-4's that occurred at the time. Really grew to hate going to Pittodrie in the early '90's. Gave the 2-6 a body swerve, thankfully. 

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• martoon

• Bazzas right boot

• John Findlay

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

John Findlay
49 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Yes I know you and others got there before me. I was just surprised so few didn't leap to the obvious answer. There have been lots of worse performances but no worse game experiences.

I was 4 months from my 10th birthday at the time. Had the worst bus journey home as it was them on the bus giving it laldy. It just made my resolve stronger. I was a Hearts man through and through. The passing years have proved me correct.

Bazzas right boot
Just now, martoon said:

0-5 at Pittodrie in 1991 was a particular horror show amongst the routine 0-3's and 1-4's that occurred at the time. Really grew to hate going to Pittodrie in the early '90's. Gave the 2-6 a body swerve, thankfully. 

Yip, I remember v Aberdeen home or away we seem to get beasted. 

After the 2-1 sf it turned for us. 

Just now, Smith's right boot said:

Yip, I remember v Aberdeen home or away we seem to get beasted. 

After the 2-1 sf it turned for us. 

Aye. 

A fabulous day at Hampden. Craig Levein and Shaggy were in the row behind us. Both out injured at the time. 

Bazzas right boot
Just now, martoon said:

Aye. 

A fabulous day at Hampden. Craig Levein and Shaggy were in the row behind us. Both out injured at the time. 

Frail, what a wee player. Boy was a revelation in what was a very average side. 

Early but whyte reminded me of him a bit. Clever player. 

😂 people saying that Saturdays result was one of the worst ever.

Football fans being football fans I guess 🤷🏻‍♂️ Is it possible to want Levein to move on without personal digs or blowing things out of proportion?!

I’m only 30 and have seen us play in plenty games where we were worse - that includes games we’ve won, drawn and loss. Also before anyone says Saturday was eye bleeding.

I wish I remembered us being as good as most fans on here seem to. Would be easy to believe we’ve always challenged for titles and cups.

Edited by Mr Rabbit

4 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Frail, what a wee player. Boy was a revelation in what was a very average side. 

Early but whyte reminded me of him a bit. Clever player. 

Aye. He was a good signing. Liked him a lot. 

13 minutes ago, JamboAl1965 said:

Never been lower than the Forfar cup defeat. Dark dark days

Absolutely. There were many dark days to chose from back then but Forfar 0-1 really stood out.

A pivotal week for Hearts, though. Four days later I was one of the 2k+ at a league game v. QotS. We won 4-1 but the significant moment was John Robertson making his debut as a late sub. Can't claim I remember him coming on, tbf, but he did. 

Realised years later that Robbo was actually an unused sub v. Motherwell on the infamous last day in 1982. Strange that he wasn't put on as we had nothing to lose with about 20 mins left, anyway. 

5 minutes ago, martoon said:

Absolutely. There were many dark days to chose from back then but Forfar 0-1 really stood out.

A pivotal week for Hearts, though. Four days later I was one of the 2k+ at a league game v. QotS. We won 4-1 but the significant moment was John Robertson making his debut as a late sub. Can't claim I remember him coming on, tbf, but he did. 

Realised years later that Robbo was actually an unused sub v. Motherwell on the infamous last day in 1982. Strange that he wasn't put on as we had nothing to lose with about 20 mins left, anyway. 

Never been at a game where I was convinced we wouldn’t score as that Motherwell game. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
35 minutes ago, martoon said:

The week after a 2 1 cup defeat at of course.......Airdrie 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
29 minutes ago, Mr Rabbit said:

😂 people saying that Saturdays result was one of the worst ever.

Football fans being football fans I guess 🤷🏻‍♂️ Is it possible to want Levein to move on without personal digs or blowing things out of proportion?!

I’m only 30 and have seen us play in plenty games where we were worse - that includes games we’ve won, drawn and loss. Also before anyone says Saturday was eye bleeding.

I wish I remembered us being as good as most fans on here seem to. Would be easy to believe we’ve always challenged for titles and cups.

It's a personal thing. 

Saturday felt particularly bad since it was the first game. New hope,  energy, a bit of drive,  a fresh start. 

Instead utter dross, not a meaningful shot in the 2nd half,  whilst our own goal survived the most charmed of lives. 

We weren't playing Celtic. If not the worst of all time, it may as well have been 

Theres probably been a few but for some reason airdrie knocking us out the cup sticks in the mind.

just for it being an absolute borefest as well as getting beat

id also add the uefa games v talinn and birikara. Obviously not the worst ever but personally i always enjoy european fixtures as its a change from the humdrum of scottish football and we tend to make a good go of it, even against bigger clubs.

We were brutal in those games. Games we shouldve been winning. instead we had to watch sammon and co go through the motions.

Edited by Alan_R

5 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

It's a personal thing. 

Saturday felt particularly bad since it was the first game. New hope,  energy, a bit of drive,  a fresh start. 

Instead utter dross, not a meaningful shot in the 2nd half,  whilst our own goal survived the most charmed of lives. 

We weren't playing Celtic. If not the worst of all time, it may as well have been 

Wasn’t a dig at you and I can understand that Saturday is still a sore subject but it’s nowhere near our worst.

Your other points regarding the first game and an opportunity for a sense of optimism being destroyed are quite right though.

I feel that is one of the reasons Levein needs to move on. There’s a section of the support who will never be happy with him there and it’s brought a toxic atmosphere sound the club as a whole. Levein has brought on a lot of that blame himself, through mainly a poor style of play and a lack of results, but there’s a weird hatred by some which I feel has little to do with football.

13 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

The week after a 2 1 cup defeat at of course.......Airdrie 

Another brutal afternoon. Ended our season in January that year. The '90/91 would have been a washout if it hadn't been for the derbies. They were vg, although still a bit miffed that the 3-1 at Tynecastle wasn't more emphatic. Should have been 10, could have been even more. 

22 minutes ago, Boab said:

Never been at a game where I was convinced we wouldn’t score as that Motherwell game. 

Very true, Boab. That's why the rioting started long before full time. We all knew we were fecked. 

I wasn't a rioter, btw. I was in the shed but aged 14 and a devout big Jessie. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
7 minutes ago, Mr Rabbit said:

Wasn’t a dig at you and I can understand that Saturday is still a sore subject but it’s nowhere near our worst.

Your other points regarding the first game and an opportunity for a sense of optimism being destroyed are quite right though.

I feel that is one of the reasons Levein needs to move on. There’s a section of the support who will never be happy with him there and it’s brought a toxic atmosphere sound the club as a whole. Levein has brought on a lot of that blame himself, through mainly a poor style of play and a lack of results, but there’s a weird hatred by some which I feel has little to do with football.

Totally agree with you. Summed the mood up pretty well. Hard to see the mood changing without a similar run to last season 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
6 minutes ago, martoon said:

Another brutal afternoon. Ended our season in January that year. The '90/91 would have been a washout if it hadn't been for the derbies. They were vg, although still a bit miffed that the 3-1 at Tynecastle wasn't more emphatic. Should have been 10, could have been even more. 

Hibs have generally always been there when we needed them most  :)

2 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

As recently as yesterday. :lol:

13 minutes ago, martoon said:

Very true, Boab. That's why the rioting started long before full time. We all knew we were fecked. 

I wasn't a rioter, btw. I was in the shed but aged 14 and a devout big Jessie. 

School End that day, mate. It was just too cuckoo in the Shed....and that’s saying something.

millerjames398
1 hour ago, martoon said:

I was at the shittodrie massacre, 1st trip up, left larbert at 6:45am to make sure i didnt miss the ardmillan bus from haymarket at 9😂 remember Frank shaking his head when he came to open the club up, must have thought I was crazy, standing on my jack Jones freezing in the morning mist,,i was actually in my element when we got it back to 2 2,,then it all went terribly wrong....

Hectormasson

1988 semi for me was murder ,,,to lose like we did was so f......g hurtful  but saying that it was just a matter of time  but to lose in 88 +90th min 🙈🙈🙈🙈🙈

millerjames398
3 minutes ago, Hectormasson said:

1988 semi for me was murder ,,,to lose like we did was so f......g hurtful  but saying that it was just a matter of time  but to lose in 88 +90th min 🙈🙈🙈🙈🙈

My old man said he was going to throttle his mate that day, everytime celtic broke into our half from about twenty to go, he kept on sayin this is it, there gonna score over and over, had my dad's already frayed nerves hanging to bits, so when they equlaized, he turned to him and said not another ****in peep out of you,,made no difference the *******s got the winner anyway 😖😂

Hectormasson
4 minutes ago, millerjames398 said:

My old man said he was going to throttle his mate that day, everytime celtic broke into our half from about twenty to go, he kept on sayin this is it, there gonna score over and over, had my dad's already frayed nerves hanging to bits, so when they equlaized, he turned to him and said not another ****in peep out of you,,made no difference the *******s got the winner anyway 😖😂

🇱🇻🙈🙈remember the m8 saying feck sake all the way back here on Wednesday, for the replay and then just then "bang 2 1 that's that for another year now,having to walk back to kings pk station through that lot !!!!!!!! Never forget it...

Hectormasson
1 minute ago, j1964m said:

Hearts 2 Dumbarton 5

Led 2 1 at ht hearts 2 1,,,basically had we beat them that day we probably would have got promoted??

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Sir Gio said:

As proven beyond doubt after they followed us to relaxation. 

Still makes that season not a complete wipe out. 

Edited by Smith's right boot
Relegation even.... Gonna leave it in tho.

Aberdeen 3 Hearts 0

86 Cup final

Winning that would have put a lot right

I was also at Dens, but this felt worse.

Edited by Lovecraft

50 minutes ago, Hectormasson said:

Led 2 1 at ht hearts 2 1,,,basically had we beat them that day we probably would have got promoted??

Always said it was that game what killed our promotion hopes 

1 hour ago, Dr Lager said:

Losing 1 0 at home to East Stirlingshire in the league. 

Another horror show.

We had beaten Hibs at ER during the week in the EoSS (10k att, and a significant win at the time) then were booted in the baws and back to reality by ES on the Saturday. 

5 hours ago, martoon said:

We played up there 3 times in that 90-91 season, shipping 11 goals without scoring any. The first of those was a 3-0 LC defeat and I think Doddie only lasted one more game after that. Fans were furious and that was an uncomfortable walk to the tunnel in the corner for him and the team as we had a huge support there.  

SectionDJambo

This thread is bringing back a lot of very bad memories.

How I never chucked it, is a remarkable show of loyalty by myself and many, many others.

On 11/08/2019 at 22:37, Saint Jambo said:

Yesterday was bad, but there have been worse against poor teams in 2019 let alone all time. 1-0 defeat at Hamilton last season with 1 shot on target all game probably the worst performance I saw last season. For home performances, the 1-2 defeat by Dundee was probably the most chaotically ugly.

Of all time, the one that immediately jumps to mind was the 1996 5-2 home defeat by Patrick, who were relegated that season. Anyone who thought yesterday was bad should watch the defending and finishing in this horror show. 

First one that came to mind for me too. Horrendous. Refuse to watch the video but 5-2 flattered us and Ian Cameron(?) ran the show. Saw Eskillson score though, not many can say that. 

8 hours ago, Mr Benn said:

We played up there 3 times in that 90-91 season, shipping 11 goals without scoring any. The first of those was a 3-0 LC defeat and I think Doddie only lasted one more game after that. Fans were furious and that was an uncomfortable walk to the tunnel in the corner for him and the team as we had a huge support there.  

I remember a crowd of fans rushing down to the corner of the beach end to have a pop at Doddie. 

Samuel Camazzola
On 11/08/2019 at 23:46, Bellion said:

4-0 defeat at home to Dundee Utd in the latter part of 06-07. Think Barry Robson scored a hat trick. Just so bleak at the time considering where we’d been 18 months before. 

This game for me along with a 0-3 home defeat to Lillie with Heffernan scoring a hattrick. 

Maroon Sailor
3 hours ago, martoon said:

I remember a crowd of fans rushing down to the corner of the beach end to have a pop at Doddie. 

Same for the 5-0 but that was at the whole team. 

3 down after 15 minutes, abysmal display and a few Hearts fans went to the pub after the 3rd.

3 hours ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Same for the 5-0 but that was at the whole team. 

3 down after 15 minutes, abysmal display and a few Hearts fans went to the pub after the 3rd.

I think that game signalled the end of our regular trips to Aberdeen. The pumping that broke the camels back. Probably only went up there about 2/3 times since.

Some great days though. Two 0-1 wins in 1986, 1-3 a while later and two late goals in JJ's first season to win 1-2.

Not a win but the 2-2 up there in 1998 was fun, too. Well, it became fun when we heard Sjell (sp) Ollafson was doing the bizzo at ER to relegate Hibs. 

On 11/08/2019 at 22:37, Saint Jambo said:

Yesterday was bad, but there have been worse against poor teams in 2019 let alone all time. 1-0 defeat at Hamilton last season with 1 shot on target all game probably the worst performance I saw last season. For home performances, the 1-2 defeat by Dundee was probably the most chaotically ugly.

Of all time, the one that immediately jumps to mind was the 1996 5-2 home defeat by Patrick, who were relegated that season. Anyone who thought yesterday was bad should watch the defending and finishing in this horror show. 

My Brother and I decided to take my Hibs supporting father to this game with his Jambo loving grandkids , it was a banker home win .

up until dementia led to his death he loved to rip into me about it , he even kept the programme handy for years.

bad result but happy memories cheers

Fort Vallance

I remember a friendly that was horrifically  raining. I think it was Gornik Zabreze, guessing about 1970 ?  The game was abandoned after about 10 minutes. Just after they've got everyone's cash. Never been so miserable. Disappointment wise, the St Mirren LC Final. 

For me it was the Miko linesman Rangers game .

That still makes me feel like not going to watch the football.

Really sickened me .

Still does.