Worst game attended

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Yesterday feels like the worst since a team with infinitely less resources has humped us 0 0.

Other games that left me feeling outclassed by opponents who really were on a low budget. 

2 0 at Dundee infamous for Mo Berthe 98 League Cup semi against St Johnstone,  earlier that season I think,  and 6 1 to Motherwell close to Christmas 2002.

Left out the 6 0 at Falkirk since there was an agenda.

0 0 really didn't tell the story yesterday. Can't remember leaving Tynecastle so disappointed in a long time. 

Nostalgia though. Which games have been the shittiest through time aganst allegedly weaker opponents 

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• martoon

• Bazzas right boot

• John Findlay

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

Seymour M Hersh
Just now, Whatever said:

Livingston 5. Hearts 0

Wasnt there but witnessed it all in its glory.

Disgraceful.

So it's not the worst game you've attended then. You can't even follow a simple instruction. 

Just now, Seymour M Hersh said:

So it's not the worst game you've attended then. You can't even follow a simple instruction. 

Like it matters 🤣🤣🤣

Hearts 0 Montrose 2

Better?

Edited by Whatever

4 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Yesterday feels like the worst since a team with infinitely less resources has humped us 0 0.

Other games that left me feeling outclassed by opponents who really were on a low budget. 

2 0 at Dundee infamous for Mo Berthe 98 League Cup semi against St Johnstone,  earlier that season I think,  and 6 1 to Motherwell close to Christmas 2002.

0 0 really didn't tell the story yesterday. Can't remember leaving Tynecastle so disappointed in a long time. 

Nostalgia though. Which games have been the shittiest through time aganst allegedly weaker opponents 

Totally agree with all of this.  Never felt so empty after a 0-0 draw.  Felt like we had been mauled 3/4-0.

Seymour M Hersh
2 minutes ago, Whatever said:

Like it matters 🤣🤣🤣

Hearts 0 Montrose 2

Better?

Of course accuracy doesn't matter to you. Why would it? 

Yesterday is up there with the worst I've seen but what made it particularly bad was that it was the first league home game of the season. Even seasons when we struggled and had low expectations we at least turn up for the first home game high energy and positive.  Watching a repeat of the worst of the last 6 months just extinguished any glimmer of hope for the season already.

Probably the Airdrie semi final replay in 1991 or 92 I think. Lost on pens

wasnt at Dens in 86 

was at Falkirk 6-0 when the team downed tools which was crap obviously.

1 minute ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Of course accuracy doesn't matter to you. Why would it? 

You’re right.

You being a stickler for accuracy means the Livingston game didn’t actually happen.

The jist of the thread was embarrassing results v alleged weaker opponents. I perhaps wrongly perceived the ‘attended’ accompaniment as an insignificant addition to the thread title.

Glad you’ve corrected me, anyone in Livingston that night need not reply.

I feel much better now, cheers.

Seymour M Hersh
Just now, Whatever said:

You’re right.

You being a stickler for accuracy means the Livingston game didn’t actually happen.

The jist of the thread was embarrassing results v alleged weaker opponents. I perhaps wrongly perceived the ‘attended’ accompaniment as an insignificant addition to the thread title.

Glad you’ve corrected me, anyone in Livingston that night need not reply.

I feel much better now, cheers.

Come on hold your hands up and admit you were wrong. Take some responsibility after all you're demanding it from others on a daily basis.

Edited by Seymour M Hersh

Don’t know about the worst but I remember a game about 8/9 years or so ago when St Johnstone beat us 2-0 in a live TV Sunday LT match. Just a brutal performance all round and I was beginning to fear for us re debt etc.....

Think Sheridan got a couple of early goals??? 

The 4 nil at Falkirk with Samuel scoring a hat trick.

Had to watch in the home end with my Falkirk supporting mates.

Bad day

Been to a few shockers. 

Furthest back I can remember is drawing with Gretna twice in 07/08, once home and away. Hamilton away in 08/09. Few of last seasons performances are up there too (Dundee at home, for example) 

Yesterday was bad, but there have been worse against poor teams in 2019 let alone all time. 1-0 defeat at Hamilton last season with 1 shot on target all game probably the worst performance I saw last season. For home performances, the 1-2 defeat by Dundee was probably the most chaotically ugly.

Of all time, the one that immediately jumps to mind was the 1996 5-2 home defeat by Patrick, who were relegated that season. Anyone who thought yesterday was bad should watch the defending and finishing in this horror show. 

Seymour M Hersh
1 minute ago, Whatever said:

And with that (^) the discourse is conceded.

Good night.

I'm sure you'll be hanging around like a bad smell. 

SpruceBringsteen

Honestly there was a game when I was in the shed when I was about 14 where we played Raith to a 1-1 draw in the absolute pissing rain with Davie Kirkwood deeply into his role as the first Hearts player I've ever hated, and I still can't forget it. 

Unless it was Dundee. 😂

SpruceBringsteen
1 minute ago, Saint Jambo said:

Yesterday was bad, but there have been worse against poor teams in 2019 let alone all time. 1-0 defeat at Hamilton last season with 1 shot on target all game probably the worst performance I saw last season. For home performances, the 1-2 defeat by Dundee was probably the most chaotically ugly.

Of all time, the one that immediately jumps to mind was the 1996 5-2 home defeat by Patrick, who were relegated that season. Anyone who thought yesterday was bad should watch the defending and finishing in this horror show. 

Oddly I laughed all the way through this one. The days before drink. :lol:

pettigrewsstylist
29 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

0-1 Forfar. SC 80s. Mum was laughing at me that night!!

The worst game I never attended was the LC final against St Mirren.  About 100 years since we last won the bloody thing and we absolutely just threw it away.

This RC one is just a hideous embarassment.  That fiasco cost us a trophy.  Still seething.

In terms of games I saw, 0-7 wasn't great.  Not quite at our best.

Probably the 4-0 game at a Brockville against Falkirk in the Scottish Cup. 5-0 at Livi last season defo rivalled it tho. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
4 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

Thought I'd managed to forget this one. Aye that has to be top 5 material

Bazzas right boot

Hearts 2 St Johnstone 4.

Lc 94 ish. 

They were in the first division, we were 2-0 up at HT.

Freezing, pissing down in the open Gorgie terracing. 

Lc

Hearts 0 Falkirk 1.

They were in the first division, e May last minute winner, 95 ish. 

Pissing down. 

The St Johnstone game was worse as a Hearts fan, the Falkirk game was a shocker all round. 

Wasn't at the 4-0 Falkirk sc game, they were in the first division, we were 4-0 at Ht iirc. Listened to that on the radio 😭 that might have topped the lot. 

This thread is very therapeutic.  Great to know we have bern ever worse than we were on Saturday  however improbable that may seem.

OP must be a psychiatrist.

I'm feeling better already.

Bazzas right boot
7 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

We were playing really well at that time iirc, that was a bump in what was a decent run. 

Somehow we managed not to lose yesterday. Got me thinking about our worst performance against a team with a much smaller budget while avoiding defeat... how about the 1-0 win over Auchinleck Talbot in 2012.

4 minutes ago, SpruceBringsteen said:

Honestly there was a game when I was in the shed when I was about 14 where we played Raith to a 1-1 draw in the absolute pissing rain with Davie Kirkwood deeply into his role as the first Hearts player I've ever hated, and I still can't forget it. 

Unless it was Dundee. 😂

So it's really burned into your memory then :lol:

I wouldn't say Saturday was the worst game I've ever attended, but then again I had to live through the yo-yo years from 1977-1983.  Thankfully I've managed to block a lot of that period out of my memory.

One of the worst in recent memory was the last home game in front of the old main stand against Aberdeen.  We put on a pitiful performance which was so disappointing given the significance of the occasion.

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, TheOak88 said:

Probably the 4-0 game at a Brockville against Falkirk in the Scottish Cup. 5-0 at Livi last season defo rivalled it tho. 

Falkirk were in the division below at that time, it was 4-0 at ht iirc and  we never had a man sent off. Real shocker, think we were generally doing well in the league as well. 

Livi doesn't touch the sides in comparison imo. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

This thread is very therapeutic.  Great to know we have bern ever worse than we were on Saturday  however improbable that may seem.

OP must be a psychiatrist.

I'm feeling better already.

Trying to convince myself Doug that there is hope 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, RobNox said:

So it's really burned into your memory then :lol:

I wouldn't say Saturday was the worst game I've ever attended, but then again I had to live through the yo-yo years from 1977-1983.  Thankfully I've managed to block a lot of that period out of my memory.

One of the worst in recent memory was the last home game in front of the old main stand against Aberdeen.  We put on a pitiful performance which was so disappointing given the significance of the occasion.

Aberdeen had better resources at the time. I'm talking about shite outplaying us, though I agree that was grim given the day

portobellojambo1

I've seen some very good displays in the past and I've also seen some poor ones. Truth is I don't think about either in terms of our present situation as they cannot impact on it. All that interests me is how we are playing now and have in the very recent past and there is no visible improvement. I honestly didn't really even realise just how few league games we have won within the year 2019 despite the fact I attended them all. We don't get any bonus points for playing well in the past, nor do we lose any because we might have played really poor in a game 2/3/4/5 years ago. It is all about the here and now and it is the here and now we have to fix. We have to stop playing football as if it is still 2004 and try using the players we have to play in a style that will bring pleasure back to those that go home and away come what may. Maybe, in a strange way, we are our own worst enemies. As has been written and said recently the club shop is pulling in cash and ST sales haven't dropped off spectacularly. And we made some cash from the Scottish Cup run last season so the way the 1st team has been performing hasn't caused the concern it should have to those at the top, despite the fact that football is the very reason the business actually operates.

Worst ones I can remember at tynecastle - losing 1-3 (?) To st Mirren around 2007, think we tried to play a back 3.

Losing to St Johnstone (or some equally pish team) with Jonaton Johanson scoring a winner.

Losing 1-0 to dundee (who got relegated I'm sure) with John sutton missing a penalty for us.

All much worse than yesterday! 

I was at the Livi 5-0 game but left at 1-0, caught them scoring the fifth in the pub and the only thing I could do after the initial shock was laugh.

Yesterday feels like the worst because it's fresh in the mind, I only remember us having one shot on goal, I might be wrong but it felt like that. You just knew we wouldn't score which is a familiar feeling these days.

6 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Hearts 2 St Johnstone 4.

Lc 94 ish. 

They were in the first division, we were 2-0 up at HT.

Freezing, pissing down in the open Gorgie terracing. 

The St Johnstone game was worse as a Hearts fan, the Falkirk game was a shocker all round. 

This was the second game that jumped to my mind. Most memorable for Tommy Harrison coming on as a sub before being taken off again later in the game. First time I'd seen that for a player who wasn't injured and 35 years later probably only seen it a handful of times in the flesh. True embarrassment for a professional. Looking at London Hearts it was his last ever game along with Nicky Walker, Jim Weir and Wayne Foster.

39 minutes ago, Whatever said:

Like it matters 🤣🤣🤣

Hearts 0 Montrose 2

Better?

First game I went to without my dad who wanted me to write a match report for him. Shell shocked after this one, I remember there being literally 2 Montrose fans in the gorgie terracing.

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

This was the second game that jumped to my mind. Most memorable for Tommy Harrison coming on as a sub before being taken off again later in the game. First time I'd seen that for a player who wasn't injured and 35 years later probably only seen it a handful of times in the flesh. True embarrassment for a professional. Looking at London Hearts it was his last ever game along with Nicky Walker, Jim Weir and Wayne Foster.

It was a shocker. 

At 2-0 we got a man sent off, Frail. But we saved the penalty. 

4 goals in the second half to a team a division below us, out the cup. 

At that time as well it was 30 years and counting without a trophy, imagine jkb after a result like that. 😱

21 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

First and probably the only game I've walked out of in a genuine white mist of rage. Bizarre game in a season that was pretty descent after a dodgy start, included a cup final but that horror show FFS.

10 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Falkirk were in the division below at that time, it was 4-0 at ht iirc and  we never had a man sent off. Real shocker, think we were generally doing well in the league as well. 

Livi doesn't touch the sides in comparison imo. 

Yeah true, but IIRC Falkirk were flying at the time. Coyle and Samuel were on top form. 

Think we were 3-0 down in about 15mins!

The Livi game probably felt more depressing as we were on such a bad run.   

Losing 5-2 at Tannadice, mid 90s. 4-1 after something like 25 minutes.

The two Cup replays at Easter Road. The first being an historic disaster.

Edited by Gorgiewave

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, TheOak88 said:

Yeah true, but IIRC Falkirk were flying at the time. Coyle and Samuel were on top form. 

Think we were 3-0 down in about 15mins!

The Livi game probably felt more depressing as we were on such a bad run.   

Aye, flying the first division 😂

Think you are right, 3-0 after 15, 4-0 at Ht. 

😱😱😱

57 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Hearts 0 Forfar 1

Hearts 0 East Stirling 1

Hearts 0 Queens Park 0

Hearts 0 Montrose 2

Hearts 1 Gretna 1

I could name more I’m sure. Yesterday was crap but, sadly, I’ve seen worse. 

millerjames398

Think it was 92 or 93, got pumped 3 1 by ardrie in front of 6 or 7 thousand, im sure nipper Lawrencegot the 3rd for them,  ended up with a bit of scenes at the back of the old main stand, screaming for mercer to get to ****,,that was dire,,but to be fair theres been more than one or two games and performances, that had me nearly giving up the game😂🇱🇻