Futures bright

Vlad Magic

3 minutes ago, martoon said:

Strange behaviour either way. 

The op replied to me with "blah blah blah *****". Presumably an expletive rhyming with Jeremy, the recent Tory leader hopeful. It's the rage and viciousness of many pro CL posters that astonishes me. Why the anger? 

Baffling. 

The scuttling Hibs interlopers can gtf. Not baffling at all. 

Enjoyed your posts recently, ij. You put up with and respond well to the abuse they dish out. 

Cheers, I don't really enjoy it though. I just want my team doing well again, but unfortunately Levein is dragging us down a deep hole right now. 

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vlad Magic

• Deviskan

• martoon

• JFK-1

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, tcjambo said:

Yes let's sack the manager just when we've given two key players four year  contracts and Haring, Uche and Souttar long extensions. Let's keep our fingers crossed they want to play for the new manager.

Aye, cos Uche's playing brilliant for this one. And you should never sack a manger after he's signed a few players, of course.

Christ, it's genuinely embarrassing some of the things people post on here.

1 hour ago, JFK-1 said:

Aiming high for anyone outside the OF is 3rd place. I don't see any reason Hearts can't challenge for 3rd. 

I’ll give you one reason - Craig Levein.

1 hour ago, stan said:

Good beer selection in hospitality?or just enjoy an occasional day of rancorous booing?

Seriously, you enjoyed yesterday?

Only Hibs supporters would have enjoyed that performance yesterday.

1 minute ago, innerjambo said:

Cheers, I don't really enjoy it though. I just want my team doing well again, but unfortunately Levein is dragging us down a deep hole right now. 

👍

BarneyBattles44
26 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

He’s lost the dressing room 

This. I imagine the dressing room is heading to the scenes below.

tumblr_mck4u61GAs1rtcndjo1_400.jpg

1 hour ago, Vlad Magic said:
1 hour ago, martoon said:

:4_1_72:

This thread and the Levein apologists on it. 

This thread and the ***** on it 👍

Same thing.

Back on topic “ Futures Bright”

Looking forward to the next set of accounts where we announce record turnover and profits of like never seen before at our wonderful club.

We have choices.......

1 hour ago, martoon said:

Strange behaviour either way. 

The op replied to me with "blah blah blah *****". Presumably an expletive rhyming with Jeremy, the recent Tory leader hopeful. It's the rage and viciousness of many pro CL posters that astonishes me. Why the anger? 

Baffling. 

The scuttling Hibs interlopers can gtf. Not baffling at all. 

Enjoyed your posts recently, ij. You put up with and respond well to the abuse they dish out. 

You're shirley no suggesting that the rage and viciousness is a one way street directed at the Levein oot brigade?

1 hour ago, HighTimes said:

Aye, cos Uche's playing brilliant for this one. And you should never sack a manger after he's signed a few players, of course.

Christ, it's genuinely embarrassing some of the things people post on here.

Agreed lots of clueless pant wetters

13 minutes ago, tcjambo said:

Not as embarrassing as the clueless Levein fanboys....

3 hours ago, Deviskan said:

I actually think Sean Clare could be a great player for us...but like a long line of other players we’ve had, the confidence and simple joy of playing football looks like it’s been drained out of him under the Managers tactics.

I actually thought Clare was one of the few that merited pass marks yesterday.  When he takes the ball and runs at opponents he looks a real threat.  He did that a few times yesterday, I just wish we'd see more of it.

I don't know if it's down to confidence or tactics or whatever, but I would be telling other players to get the ball to Clare and encouraging him to run at opponents.  I said a few times at the game yesterday, I'd rather he had a go at taking players on even if that means he loses the ball sometimes, than play safety first sideways and backward passes.

Tragic thread. No debate, just the same jakey lynch mob throwing around petty insults and stamping their feet like big pishy knickered bairns. 

28 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Tragic thread. No debate, just the same jakey lynch mob throwing around petty insults and stamping their feet like big pishy knickered bairns. 

Not sure if you're a beleivener or not but that is one ironic post, Johan. :lol:

BarneyBattles44
1 hour ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Tragic thread. No debate, just the same jakey lynch mob throwing around petty insults and stamping their feet like big pishy knickered bairns. 

Near chocked on a choc chip cookie. 

Edited by BarneyBattles44

Seymour M Hersh
10 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

Disagree with what? I wasn't the originator of the 'not as pish as' remark I merely repeated it let's say facetiously because I deemed it overly negative too but being not as pish as means better than. 

Perhaps the OP was meaning that even at our current low ebb we are still not as pish as the vermin and not that he's happy to go along season after season as long as we are not as pish as them. 

1 hour ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Perhaps the OP was meaning that even at our current low ebb we are still not as pish as the vermin and not that he's happy to go along season after season as long as we are not as pish as them. 

When things aren’t great and I admit that things aren’t great, you have (in my opinion) to look for some positives. 

My comment about not being as bad as Hibs was just that. They are our city rivals after all. 

As for my other points. One way or another the football will improve. Of that I am confident. 

9 hours ago, Deviskan said:

I can only see the following logical explanations:

1. In the vain attempt to show their proper Hearts man credentials, they would never, ever criticise the club in any way.

2. They genuinely think he’s the man for the job...god help us.

3. They’re trolls trying to get a rise out of people/or Hibs fans.

4. They’re essentially Uncle Toms, indoctrinated by the current regime..:that scared of change, they will happily prefer to stick it out in the sheer belief that things will get better (as change is scary...essentially, they’re spineless).

Yup! 

I agree. 

Positive?

League games played since January 2019 - 19

League games won in 2019 - 4

League games drawn in 2019 - 4

League games lost in 2019 - 11

Losing more than we draw or win combined. Relegation form if that continues.

But lets stay positive though eh???

14 hours ago, Vlad Magic said:

Our recruitment has been excellent.

The team will settle and begin to gell.

Levein will find the winning formula.

We are nowhere near as bad as Hibs with Heckingbottom in charge.

Enjoy the ride.

FTH

I agree. Nice to read some positivity. 

Portable Badger

Been some very positive extensions and signings - with more to come

Academy squads developing well and winning tournaments

Bursds Elite taking shape

Off-field activities and Brand awareness never been better

Non-match day revenues at record levels

FOH due to assume club ownership soon

Now we need to plan an orderly handover of the manager's role at the end of the season and CL to assume full responsibility of the DoF role to further embed the Academy, Bursds teams, etc while a new manager takes the First team further next season.

Just now, Portable Badger said:

Now we need to plan an orderly handover of the manager's role at the end of the season and CL to assume full responsibility of the DoF role to further embed the Academy, Bursds teams, etc while a new manager takes the First team further next season.

If Levein is not going to move on within the next week then Budge has to come out and say he will be getting to the end of this season, regardless of results.

Let's see how that goes down.

Portable Badger
Just now, Nookie Bear said:

If Levein is not going to move on within the next week then Budge has to come out and say he will be getting to the end of this season, regardless of results.

Lead balloon for some I'm sure

siegementality
16 hours ago, tcjambo said:

Yes let's sack the manager just when we've given two key players four year  contracts and Haring, Uche and Souttar long extensions. Let's keep our fingers crossed they want to play for the new manager.

Agreed!

I think Levein is in serious danger of becoming our Bobby Williamson. I suspect a new manager is going to inherit a fantastic squad and excellent youth set up, and win a trophy with it. He needs to turn results around sharpish if he is to avoid this. I don’t feel good about thinking this, as I really like the guy and appreciate what he has put in to this club. 

On 11/08/2019 at 22:44, tcjambo said:

Ah, the high standard of wit on here - 'I know you are, but what am I?'

On 11/08/2019 at 21:39, martoon said:

Nah. 

Well that's me told.  insightful analysis, clever points of argument and inarguable examples...oh wait, no they're not. It's just the usual suspects and their clueless refusal to enage with reality.

Edited by HighTimes

On 11/08/2019 at 22:08, Morgan said:

No, it’s not.

Oh right.  Sorry.  Thanks for clearing that up.

FFS.

Edited by HighTimes

Tommy Walker
22 hours ago, Portable Badger said:

👍

TW

annushorribilis III
22 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

She might as well because there's some on here who love saying how CL isn't going anywhere soon , we just signed new players/new extensions etc, etc.  There's no chance of getting anyone in this season because it's too late and AB/the board still don't have a clue what they are/were going go do about this mess other than put CL on a 3 year deal and hope that would get AB through to the end of her current tenure in 2020. 

42 minutes ago, HighTimes said:

Well that's me told.  insightful analysis, clever points of argument and inarguable examples...oh wait, no they're not. It's just the usual suspects and their clueless refusal to enage with reality.

Baffled as to why an exchange of two posts totalling three inoffensive words has made you so angry?

45 minutes ago, annushorribilis III said:

She might as well because there's some on here who love saying how CL isn't going anywhere soon , we just signed new players/new extensions etc, etc.  There's no chance of getting anyone in this season because it's too late and AB/the board still don't have a clue what they are/were going go do about this mess other than put CL on a 3 year deal and hope that would get AB through to the end of her current tenure in 2020. 

I just get this feeling they will get together and come up with a way to protect themselves and it will be half-assed and disappointing:

Levein will move back to his DoF role.

One of the coaches - Daly?- will step in as Head Coach.

Perhaps a couple of minor adjustments to the backroom set-up.

4 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

I just get this feeling they will get together and come up with a way to protect themselves and it will be half-assed and disappointing:

That is the worry among some fans. A re-shuffle, with CL back upstairs and someone like Daly moved up will only make matters worse. A section of fans who want Levein out, want him gone completely. The above would solve nothing.

This is all jumping the gun however. He might not be going anywhere until the end of the season. Results will dictate that but, barring a continual downward trend, he might hang on. 

1 hour ago, HighTimes said:

Oh right.  Sorry.  Thanks for clearing that up.

FFS.

I hope nothing really serious angers you.

annushorribilis III
11 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Time will tell but what worries me is the scenario you've outlined - maybe if McPhee could be persuaded to take charge it would get AB over the line for this season. But the idea of anyone else taking charge fills me with dread. There's been no sign of any improvement being delivered by the coaching collective and it's been interesting to see comments from some posters regarding the popularity of certain individual coaches. 

The Wrinkly Ninja

There’s adults on here using the word fanboys! Astonishing.

People advocating that Hearts should be ‘back’ to challenging at the top of the league. I’ve seen us relegated as many times as we’ve finished second in the table! Not sure where this perpetual title challenger myth comes from! All the chat about ‘you have to aim high’ is hyperbolic  nonsense speak. It means nothing!

I’ve seen posts on here advocating that Levein should be like more like Pep Guardiola, that Levein should have us playing like Liverpool.....fantasists!

Hearts are a small club in a tinpot league! The football on show right across the league is evidence of that! But I love it! If you want to see a team play like Man City or Liverpool....you’re watching the wrong league.

The word embarrassing gets branded about a lot on here lately. But the insults on here because some Hearts fans don’t agree that the manager should be sacked are beyond embarrassing.

He might get sacked. He might not. If he doesn’t things might change, they might not. If he is sacked things might change, they might not. Whoever the new manager is won’t get long in any case if the evidence about current thinking amongst some Hearts fans is to be believed.

I enjoy going to the football. I enjoy watching Hearts. I shouldn’t have to justify that to anybody. Especially to fellow Hearts supporters.

And really??? Calling people mentally deranged? Have a ****ing word son!

@The Wrinkly Ninja 're your second paragraph the reason people feel we should , to some extent, be challenging is because of our strong financial position compared to previous eras and  that of our direct competition. 

This is what underlies my frustration and many of friends too. I am 61 years old and have like you witnessed a huge amount of dross but mostly this coincided with financial turmoil  of the park,  this is not a valid excuse due to Ann's wise stewardship of the business side.

Edited by EIEIO
Spelling

3 minutes ago, EIEIO said:

@The Wrinkly Ninja 're your second paragraph the reason people feel we should , to some extent, be challenging is because of our strong financial position compared to previous eras and  that of our direct competition. 

This is what underlies my frustration and many of friends too. I am 61 years old and have like you witnessed a huge amount of dross but mostly this coincided with financial turmoil  of the park,  this is not a valid excuse due to Ann's wise stewardship of the business side.

Agreed. We are in a good place financially compared to the past. There is nothing outwith the old firm that should worry us.

We can’t make the same mistake of giving more time to the manager, imo. We did it with Cathro and it just took longer to rectify.

Sorry to say it but we need an overhaul in how we manage and coach the team and we need it now.

On 11/08/2019 at 23:48, Jamhammer said:

Trolling or tripping. You decide.

Trolling whilst tripping man.............................it is the only way to go

Pasquale for King
On 11/08/2019 at 21:29, Wham Bam Austin McCann said:

Einsteins insanity quote rings a bell with some of the threads on here. 

We should get it painted on the walls in the new stand, it encapsulates Leveins tactics perfectly.

Pasquale for King
On 13/08/2019 at 12:13, The Wrinkly Ninja said:

There’s adults on here using the word fanboys! Astonishing.

People advocating that Hearts should be ‘back’ to challenging at the top of the league. I’ve seen us relegated as many times as we’ve finished second in the table! Not sure where this perpetual title challenger myth comes from! All the chat about ‘you have to aim high’ is hyperbolic  nonsense speak. It means nothing!

I’ve seen posts on here advocating that Levein should be like more like Pep Guardiola, that Levein should have us playing like Liverpool.....fantasists!

Hearts are a small club in a tinpot league! The football on show right across the league is evidence of that! But I love it! If you want to see a team play like Man City or Liverpool....you’re watching the wrong league.

The word embarrassing gets branded about a lot on here lately. But the insults on here because some Hearts fans don’t agree that the manager should be sacked are beyond embarrassing.

He might get sacked. He might not. If he doesn’t things might change, they might not. If he is sacked things might change, they might not. Whoever the new manager is won’t get long in any case if the evidence about current thinking amongst some Hearts fans is to be believed.

I enjoy going to the football. I enjoy watching Hearts. I shouldn’t have to justify that to anybody. Especially to fellow Hearts supporters.

And really??? Calling people mentally deranged? Have a ****ing word son!

Here we have the reason why we are so average, and he’s had two years in the job. As for the comparisons with Liverpool and Man City, nobody is expecting us to be that good but the principles of how the best teams play is copied throughout football.

13 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Here we have the reason why we are so average, and he’s had two years in the job. As for the comparisons with Liverpool and Man City, nobody is expecting us to be that good but the principles of how the best teams play is copied throughout football.

The reason guys like Levein put so much emphasis on possession is down to the way the top European teams played...about a decade ago.