Futures bright

Vlad Magic

William H. Bonney
3 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

OP supports Hearts.

Feel free to discuss the points I raised and I will reply. If you can’t manage that s suggest a career selling BigMacs.

When you’ve come off your high perhaps. 

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vlad Magic

• Deviskan

• martoon

• JFK-1

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Deviskan said:

Did you or didn’t you say:

“don't quite understand where you're coming from, take Rangers for example. Isn't their target to be not as pish as Celtic? Isn't everybody's target to be not so pish as most if not quite all?”

Yes, and as I just explained in the context i'm aiming for being not as pish as means better than. 

So we continue doing the same thing we’ve done since promotion then?

Christ on a bike...some of you are completely lost.

Not really. Just have different opinion to yours. Think that’s allowed. Not sure where you get the idea that your opinion has to be the correct one. 

The idea of sacking a manager before he has finished getting his final squad for the season signed is a bit crazy to be honest.  That’s my opinion. Time to change a manager is before a transfer window starts. Our owner decided change wasn’t required so I can’t see her changing her mind at this stage in the recruitment process.  If things are not different two to three months into league campaign then yes change is probably justified. At the moment jury is well and truly out but no-one can argue that this summers signings are much better than any other summer since Admin. Once they are all in and have played together a few times judgement will be justified. But not before. 

And incidentally the hibernians have unbolted the door for anyone who is interested. Heckingbottom is to blame for them being not as good as Rangers and their multi million squad.

That's unrealistic and when Hearts face the OF realism will be required.

portobellojambo1
Just now, Vlad Magic said:

Dont be ridiculous.

We would never finish 2nd bottom!!

👍

You redeemed yourself by not simply saying yes. For me I'll consider the future is getting brighter when we are back challenging near the top of the league, because getting close to Celtic will bring a lot more with it than simply striving to be better than Hibs. I prefer to aim my hopes high.

John mcCartney

oh thats the bloke with his` jizz cannon` at the ready (from the op`s posts yesterday)

looks like the money shot aint coming just yet chief

Just now, soonbe110 said:

Not really. Just have different opinion to yours. Think that’s allowed. Not sure where you get the idea that your opinion has to be the correct one. 

The idea of sacking a manager before he has finished getting his final squad for the season signed is a bit crazy to be honest.  That’s my opinion. Time to change a manager is before a transfer window starts. Our owner decided change wasn’t required so I can’t see her changing her mind at this stage in the recruitment process.  If things are not different two to three months into league campaign then yes change is probably justified. At the moment jury is well and truly out but no-one can argue that this summers signings are much better than any other summer since Admin. Once they are all in and have played together a few times judgement will be justified. But not before. 

Personally, I stated on here before the cup final he should resign after the cup final...no matter what the result was going to be.

The football has been terrible since we were promoted...this isn’t about the last 6 games, it’s been progressively awful for the past 4 years.

This has feck all to do with signings...his Management and tactics are awful, he sets up the team not to lose...he’s completely and utterly went into his shell after the health scare (and he was negative enough before that).

WheatfieldWarrior
11 minutes ago, Deviskan said:

I actually think Sean Clare could be a great player for us...but like a long line of other players we’ve had, the confidence and simple joy of playing football looks like it’s been drained out of him under the Managers tactics.

He can run with the ball, and looks good doing it, but needs to be able to play an incisive pass, shoot or cross the ball or have some kind of end product. 

This needs added to his game.

In central Midfield, he needs to be able to win the ball as well.

Just now, portobellojambo1 said:

You redeemed yourself by not simply saying yes. For me I'll consider the future is getting brighter when we are back challenging near the top of the league, because getting close to Celtic will bring a lot more with it than simply striving to be better than Hibs. I prefer to aim my hopes high.

Aiming high for anyone outside the OF is 3rd place. I don't see any reason Hearts can't challenge for 3rd. 

4 minutes ago, John mcCartney said:

oh thats the bloke with his` jizz cannon` at the ready (from the op`s posts yesterday)

looks like the money shot aint coming just yet chief

Always the optimist “chief”

Mrs VM was on the receiving end of that particular “cannon”.

👍

Edited by Vlad Magic

2 minutes ago, WheatfieldWarrior said:

He can run with the ball, and looks good doing it, but needs to be able to play an incisive pass, shoot or cross the ball or have some kind of end product. 

I actually think he should be played in the hole behind a forward/front two.

Unfortunately, thats where Naismith plays

at the moment.

I’d actually be interested to see Washington and Naismith up front, with Clare in behind them.

portobellojambo1
1 minute ago, JFK-1 said:

Aiming high for anyone outside the OF is 3rd place. I don't see any reason Hearts can't challenge for 3rd. 

I believe we have the players who could potentially achieve that but at this point in time lack the manager and coaches to direct them to that position.

Personally, I stated on here before the cup final he should resign after the cup final...no matter what the result was going to be.

The football has been terrible since we were promoted...this isn’t about the last 6 games, it’s been progressively awful for the past 4 years.

This has feck all to do with signings...his Management and tactics are awful, he sets up the team not to lose...he’s completely and utterly went into his shell after the health scare (and he was negative enough before that).

But he didn’t and he wasn’t sacked so live with it and get a grip on reality. It is what it is for now. Might change next week, month, year, never, who knows?  He has us top of the league for three months last season totally unexpectedly. Who knows what’s coming. To continually harp on about what should have happened three months ago is a waste of energy. I’m not sure the health scare has anything to do with it. If it was an issue he would have gone by now, by his own volition. He will see out his contract, probably, and then return upstairs. That’s the plan and that’s what I expect will happen. 

1 minute ago, soonbe110 said:

But he didn’t and he wasn’t sacked so live with it and get a grip on reality. It is what it is for now. Might change next week, month, year, never, who knows?  He has us top of the league for three months last season totally unexpectedly. Who knows what’s coming. To continually harp on about what should have happened three months ago is a waste of energy. I’m not sure the health scare has anything to do with it. If it was an issue he would have gone by now, by his own volition. He will see out his contract, probably, and then return upstairs. That’s the plan and that’s what I expect will happen. 

Guess we’ll see huh...as my guess is he will be removed from the position within the next 5 games.

2 minutes ago, Deviskan said:

I actually think he should be played in the hole behind a forward/front two.

Unfortunately, thats where Naismith plays

at the moment.

I’d actually be interested to see Washington and Naismith up front, with Clare in behind them.

I said exactly that at yesterday’s game. Think it will happen once Whelan arrives. 

7 minutes ago, WheatfieldWarrior said:

I think it was him who smashed into a 50/50 in the second half yesterday, won the ball when it would have been easy to shirk the challenge.

Jambo 4 Ever
1 hour ago, Vlad Magic said:

Our recruitment has been excellent.

The team will settle and begin to gell.

Levein will find the winning formula.

We are nowhere near as bad as Hibs with Heckingbottom in charge.

Enjoy the ride.

FTH

Based on what?

we are rubbish at the moment 

Getintaethem
1 hour ago, Marczero said:

I’m quite happy for Levein to work in the Academy as he’s done a great job in that department , but he ain’t going to take the first team anywhere 

I keep seeing posts like this, can someone tell me why the academy is so great?  We produced better youngsters pre-Levien era.

Edited by Getintaethem

Just now, Natural Orders said:

Based on what?

we are rubbish at the moment 

What has us being “rubbish” (in your opinion) have to do with my OP that you personally quoted?

1 hour ago, tcjambo said:

Yes let's sack the manager just when we've given two key players four year  contracts and Haring, Uche and Souttar long extensions. Let's keep our fingers crossed they want to play for the new manager.

The contracts issue and players referred to is absolutely irrelevant with regard to the first team coach. Maybe we can have a coach where the whole first team squad play for him and buy into his philosophy for success on the pitch....success meaning as little as winning a game in every three 

53 minutes ago, Noah Claypole said:

I enjoyed the game yesterday.

I'm sorry.

Good beer selection in hospitality?or just enjoy an occasional day of rancorous booing?

Seriously, you enjoyed yesterday?

Toxteth O'Grady

Levein has built a shit team with no ideas, confidence, tactics or spirit who can’t beat 2 bob outfits. He’s got to go before any more damage is done.

1 hour ago, Deviskan said:

Struggling to understand the logic...

You state we have made good signings so far, and that if we sign a few more we could have a very good season.

Please explain why we have been pish so far then?

Is it because of the manager...meaning any new signings will simply have a minimal effect once they’re hamstrung by his godawful tactics?

The players are not the problem!

To control the game you must control the midfield.  If we can get a couple of solid ball winners we will be a very different team.  Looks like we have just signed one, need another. 

Enjoy the ride.

FTH

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 

Don't do drugs kids 

Enjoy the ride.

FTH

🤪

That is why for me football is a great sport. Not even going to go into the pros/cons if what is happening right now, but football has a funny way of turning things on its head. 

We are equally likely to get pumped on Friday at Fir Park, but conversely we could easily win 2/3- 0, and Washington and Uche score their first goals of the season, which sets us of on a good wee run. 

Just now, Vlad Magic said:

Einstein like retort.

Commendable effort. 

What??  You were being serious????

WOW! 😳

1 minute ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

What??  You were being serious????

WOW! 😳

You work for Gladstone Brooks?

Enjoy the ride.

FTH

When is saw the thread the futures bright I thought Levein had been sacked.

What a let down.

WheatfieldWarrior
23 minutes ago, graygo said:

I think it was him who smashed into a 50/50 in the second half yesterday, won the ball when it would have been easy to shirk the challenge.

I didn't see him winning lots of challenges during the game.  He's wasn't wining the ball in the air, when it dropped or making himself available to receive a pass to feet for most of the 90.

BarneyBattles44

On paper we're shit hot. Maybe its the wrong type of paper too thin n lacks depth n width possibly delux. Got me thinking about the pen. Nibs done isn't a lucky one no good. Bin it surplus to requirement needs replaced. Reminded me I urgently had to get paper for something. I forgot about the gaping hole in the center. What a mess should used extra sheets as cover.

Edited by BarneyBattles44

59 minutes ago, martoon said:

:4_1_72:

This thread and the Levein apologists on it. 

Yep, the happy clappers are out in force tonight. Must be a full moon, or maybe they're pissed off with the 6 - 1 shafting they took today. 

2 hours ago, Vlad Magic said:

Enjoy the ride.

FTH

You need help.

Instant ban please mods, for his own good.

7 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

And still people defend Levein, Jesus wept! :facepalm:

Surely they must be mentality deranged, or hobos trying to keep Levein in a job?

4 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

And still people defend Levein, Jesus wept! :facepalm:

I can only see the following logical explanations:

1. In the vain attempt to show their proper Hearts man credentials, they would never, ever criticise the club in any way.

2. They genuinely think he’s the man for the job...god help us.

3. They’re trolls trying to get a rise out of people/or Hibs fans.

4. They’re essentially Uncle Toms, indoctrinated by the current regime..:that scared of change, they will happily prefer to stick it out in the sheer belief that things will get better (as change is scary...essentially, they’re spineless).

Jambo 4 Ever
59 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

What has us being “rubbish” (in your opinion) have to do with my OP that you personally quoted?

You surely can’t argue  that we are rubbish just now?

Edited by Natural Orders

The Old Tolbooth
2 minutes ago, Deviskan said:

I can only see the following logical explanations:

1. In the vain attempt to show their proper Hearts man credentials, they would never, ever criticise the club in any way.

2. They genuinely think he’s the man for the job...god help us.

3. They’re trolls trying to get a rise out of people/or Hibs fans.

4. They’re essentially Uncle Toms, indoctrinated by the current regime..:that scared of change, they will happily prefer to stick it out in the sheer belief that things will get better (as change is scary...essentially, they’re spineless).

I think you've nailed it there mate, the only logical explanations. 

Just now, innerjambo said:

Yep, the happy clappers are out in force tonight. Must be a full moon, or maybe they're pissed off with the 6 - 1 shafting they took today. 

Strange behaviour either way. 

The op replied to me with "blah blah blah *****". Presumably an expletive rhyming with Jeremy, the recent Tory leader hopeful. It's the rage and viciousness of many pro CL posters that astonishes me. Why the anger? 

Baffling. 

The scuttling Hibs interlopers can gtf. Not baffling at all. 

Enjoyed your posts recently, ij. You put up with and respond well to the abuse they dish out. 

10 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

You surely can’t argue  that we are rubbish just now?

No.

Rubbish is too strong a word.

14 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

Am I a “happy clapper” ?