Futures bright

Vlad Magic

Our recruitment has been excellent.

The team will settle and begin to gell.

Levein will find the winning formula.

We are nowhere near as bad as Hibs with Heckingbottom in charge.

Enjoy the ride.

FTH

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vlad Magic

• Deviskan

• martoon

• JFK-1

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Vlad Magic said:

Enjoy the ride.

FTH

That’s the yardstick we should all measure our team by, at least we’re not as pish as Hibs...Jesus wept!

Just now, Marczero said:

Love your optimism 

squad looks good

but leveins time is up  

Yes let's sack the manager just when we've given two key players four year  contracts and Haring, Uche and Souttar long extensions. Let's keep our fingers crossed they want to play for the new manager.

6 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

Enjoy the ride.

FTH

Ye we just have to ride out this 2-3 year terrible spell we are having 👍

1 minute ago, tcjambo said:

Yes let's sack the manager just when we've given two key players four year  contracts and Haring, Uche and Souttar long extensions. Let's keep our fingers crossed they want to play for the new manager.

Good idea...let’s keep Craig no matter how bad results get, as he’s given out two four year contracts!

Laughable, seriously embarrassing stuff.

1 minute ago, Deviskan said:

Good idea...let’s keep Craig no matter how bad results get, as he’s given out two four year contracts!

Laughable, seriously embarrassing stuff.

Quite. Again this highlights the need for the DoF and Head Coach to be segregated roles as it's farcical to have someone doing both roles simultaneously.

6 minutes ago, tcjambo said:

Ye cos they are playing for levein 👌like the rest of the players last 2 years 👍

I think the signings made this year have been good. Our problem is the team needed more players to be signed by now.

Another strong midfield player, a striker and a new keeper could set us up for a very good season.

7 minutes ago, tcjambo said:

That’s football life. Our very own manager said it when he took over in his first spell.

Words to the effect that players are ‘durable’ and just get on with it.  

indianajones

On paper the team is decent. That's a decent thing to be optimistic about. 

They are getting no coaching or leadership from the bench though. Levein and Co could manage Barca and make them look shockingly bad. 

3 minutes ago, McCrae said:

I think the signings made this year have been good. Our problem is the team needed more players to be signed by now.

Another strong midfield player, a striker and a new keeper could set us up for a very good season.

Struggling to understand the logic...

You state we have made good signings so far, and that if we sign a few more we could have a very good season.

Please explain why we have been pish so far then?

Is it because of the manager...meaning any new signings will simply have a minimal effect once they’re hamstrung by his godawful tactics?

The players are not the problem!

Edited by Deviskan

9 minutes ago, tcjambo said:

So how long should we wait

2 league wins since early Feb is quite frankly not good enough 

I’m quite happy for Levein to work in the Academy as he’s done a great job in that department , but he ain’t going to take the first team anywhere 

Jambof3tornado
11 minutes ago, tcjambo said:

The players arent playing for the current manager!!!

portobellojambo1
23 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

Enjoy the ride.

FTH

If the only desire you have is to be better than Hibs then it is time to give up, being better than them should be a given and something that clubs like Albion Rovers and Annan Athletic (with no disrespect to either club) should be aiming for.

Edited by portobellojambo1

24 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

Enjoy the ride.

FTH

Nah, let’s sack the manager after 2 games. Moan like ****, boo, kill any positivity, argue, try and out do each other with new levels of hyperbolic hysteria.

Positivity is frowned upon. 

👍🏼

been here before
26 minutes ago, Marczero said:

Love your optimism 

squad looks good

but leveins time is up  

2 minutes after the OP, just 2 minutes.

Its almost like some bores have this non stop repetative shite on speed dial every time a new thread comes up.

14 minutes ago, Deviskan said:

Struggling to understand the logic...

You state we have made good signings so far, and that if we sign a few more we could have a very good season.

Please explain why we have been pish so far then?

Is it because of the manager...meaning any new signings will simply have a minimal effect once they’re hamstrung by his godawful tactics?

The players are not the problem!

If you just thought about  it for a few minutes you would know 

sandylejambo
3 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Nah, let’s sack the manager after 2 games. Moan like ****, boo, kill any positivity, argue, try and out do each other with new levels of hyperbolic hysteria.

Positivity is frowned upon. 

👍🏼

if you find anything positive about Hearts performances, let us know and we'll do a jig

It is a fair point that the team does need a couple of games at least to gel. That was the first time that team had played together.

I’d expect though to at least scrape a win at home against the newly promoted team whilst we started to gel - although promoted teams do often still have a bit of momentum and confidence. 

18 minutes ago, McCrae said:

Can I be greedy and ask for a right winger to 

I think we’ve made good signings but they are not being managed / coached (call it whatever). 

players will be used to changing of managers and indeed some may welcome it ?

im sure I read that Cathros record was the worst in our history. Levein must be very very close to beating this.

ive no confidence he will find any winning formula. He drops players for no reason never to be seen the next week, plays players out of position and makes ridiculous substitutions most of the time (like yesterday).

he is a Hearts great and I’ll always love him for it but the last thing he deserves is to be hounded out by protests etc but that’s what I think may well happen if results don’t come in the next 3 games.

28 minutes ago, Deviskan said:

That’s the yardstick we should all measure our team by, at least we’re not as pish as Hibs...Jesus wept!

So pre season a target for many was to be not as pish as Aberdeen. I think given their result today we might claim to be not as pish as them or hibs. Who knows. Maybe Ross County are the one we will be chasing.

It sure wont be St Mirren.

3 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

If you just thought about  it for a few minutes you would know 

How about you enlighten us all?

Why will one or two more signings suddenly change the way our teams set up, how attacking they are...how ambitious we are in our play?

Why will a couple of new signings change the same style of play we’ve endured since promotion?

Levein was bad enough before his health scare...but that completely took the last bit of fire out of his belly, and now our team really are a pinpoint accurate reflection of our managers character...dull, boring and safe.

4 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

So pre season a target for many was to be not as pish as Aberdeen. I think given their result today we might claim to be not as pish as them or hibs. Who knows. Maybe Ross County are the one we will be chasing.

It sure wont be St Mirren.

If that was your yardstick...and the ‘many’ you referenced, then god help us.

Going into a season hoping not to be as pish as anyone really does smack of defeatism.

In fact, that’s probably the exact mindset I’d imagine our Management team have.

Edited by Deviskan

3 minutes ago, Deviskan said:

Why will one or two more signings suddenly change the way our teams set up, how attacking they are...how ambitious we are in our play?

Why will a couple of new signings change the same style of play we’ve endured since promotion?

Levein was bad enough before his health scare...but that completely took the last bit of fire out of his belly, and now our team really are a pinpoint accurate reflection of our managers character...dull, boring and safe.

I didn’t see that when we got narrowly beaten off Aberdeen? 

Edited by Vlad Magic

41 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

Enjoy the ride.

FTH

The recruitment has been questionable to say the least over the last 2 or 3 seasons, that's been half  the bloody problem. 

Edited by VALDOS'

2 minutes ago, Deviskan said:

Going into a season hoping not to be as pish as anyone really does smack of defeatism.

It smacks of a very Hibs like attitude. 

Edit: not an accusation against the poster I must add

Edited by dazinho88
Edit

6 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

I didn’t see that when we got narrowly beaten off Aberdeen? 

Were your eyes glued together for the majority of the match?

Apart from a 10 minute spell...we were once again boring and negative.

In the last couple of seasons I can literally only remember one match that the team got me excited by their style of play...when we beat Celtic 4-0.

In fact I’d love to ask Craig why he’s never set us up like that ever again...why we’ve not pressed teams like that again and had a real go...it’s fecking mystifying.

Edited by Deviskan

18 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

If the only desire you have is to be better than Hibs then it is time to give up, being better than them should be a given and something that clubs like Albion Rovers and Annan Athletic (with no disrespect to either club) should be aiming for.

We are better than that shower of mutants however in a freak display they finished above us in the history books so YES my desire is to finish above them. Rewrite that particular anomaly. 

julienbrellier

we do have the players you are right about that and recruitment has been good. The obvious issue when the team isn't performing is the manager. Persisting with Sean Clare alone should merit a sacking.

6 minutes ago, Deviskan said:

In fact, that’s probably the exact mindset I’d imagine our Management team have.

I don't quite understand where you're coming from, take Rangers for example. Isn't their target to be not as pish as Celtic? Isn't everybody's target to be not so pish as most if not quite all?

If Hearts aren't so pish as Hibs and Aberdeen that's a potential Europa league spot because most are even more pish than they are.

I actually think Sean Clare could be a great player for us...but like a long line of other players we’ve had, the confidence and simple joy of playing football looks like it’s been drained out of him under the Managers tactics.

1 minute ago, Deviskan said:

I actually think Sean Clare could be a great player for us...but like a long line of other players we’ve had, the confidence and simple joy of playing football looks like it’s been drained out of him under the Managers tactics.

An interesting admission.

Just now, JFK-1 said:

I don't quite understand where you're coming from, take Rangers for example. Isn't their target to be not as pish as Celtic? Isn't everybody's target to be not so pish as most if not quite all?

If Hearts aren't so pish as Hibs and Aberdeen that's a potential Europa league spot because most are even more pish than they are.

Completely disagree...

Rangers fans will ‘expect’ to be better than Celtic...they won’t want to not be as ‘pish’ as Celtic.

The phrase ‘not be as pish as’ is completely and utterly negative, and smacks of feeling inadequate.

15 minutes ago, Deviskan said:

None of us know do we? 

I could easily respond by saying how do you know that a change of management will improve results but I won’t. 

portobellojambo1
8 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

We are better than that shower of mutants however in a freak display they finished above us in the history books so YES my desire is to finish above them. Rewrite that particular anomaly. 

Would that apply if at the end of the season they finished bottom of the league and we finished 2nd bottom. Would you consider that as an achivement.

Just now, soonbe110 said:

None of us know do we? 

I could easily respond by saying how do you know that a change of management will improve results but I won’t. 

So we continue doing the same thing we’ve done since promotion then?

Christ on a bike...some of you are completely lost.

1 minute ago, Dino Velvet said:

Op is high. 

OP supports Hearts.

Feel free to discuss the points I raised and I will reply. If you can’t manage that s suggest a career selling BigMacs.

Just now, Deviskan said:

Completely disagree...

Rangers fans will ‘expect’ to be better than Celtic...they won’t want to not be as ‘pish’ as Celtic.

The phrase ‘not be as pish as’ is completely and utterly negative, and smacks of feeling inadequate.

Disagree with what? I wasn't the originator of the 'not as pish as' remark I merely repeated it let's say facetiously because I deemed it overly negative too but being not as pish as means better than. 

2 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

Would that apply if at the end of the season they finished bottom of the league and we finished 2nd bottom. Would you consider that as an achivement.

Dont be ridiculous.

We would never finish 2nd bottom!!

👍

1 minute ago, JFK-1 said:

Disagree with what? I wasn't the originator of the 'not as pish as' remark I merely repeated it let's say facetiously because I deemed it overly negative too but being not as pish as means better than. 

Did you or didn’t you say:

“don't quite understand where you're coming from, take Rangers for example. Isn't their target to be not as pish as Celtic? Isn't everybody's target to be not so pish as most if not quite all?”