Hearts women 24-0

kingantti1874

4 minutes ago, sadj said:

Don’t care if its 10-0 , 20-0 , 30-0... Jugular is the wrong word probably , however point remains , would you of complained we should be nice if we’d won 10-1 in 2012 or 15-0 v cowdenbeath? 

I think double-figures does the job nicely 👍🏻

But a big difference between a Cup final against your rivals and the level the ladies are playing at.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3fingersreid

• Francis Albert

• sadj

• Nookie Bear

Top Posters In This Topic

Francis Albert
7 minutes ago, sadj said:

Don’t care if its 10-0 , 20-0 , 30-0... Jugular is the wrong word probably , however point remains , would you of complained we should be nice if we’d won 10-1 in 2012 or 15-0 v cowdenbeath? 

I was at the Cowdenbeath game and  happily settled for 10-0 and indeed took no great pleasure in the last goal or two. Obviously Hibs are different and I have hated watching us taking our foot of the pedal on more than one occasion. 24-0 proved nothing except a total mismatch

1 hour ago, Homme said:

Well done to the Hearts women. 

It's my daughters dream to play for them just like it was mine to play for the famous. 

She's a cracking wee player and plays against Hearts at the start of September so I hope she impresses.

Fantastic.  Tell her Kiwidoug is delighted with the worldwide progress of womens football and delighted that Hearts are now right into it.

I wish her all the best for the future.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
5 minutes ago, McCrae said:

It was a cup game. 

Still the object of the game. Scoring goals. What is the point otherwise 

Just now, Sir Gio said:

Still the object of the game. Scoring goals. What is the point otherwise 

The object of a cup game is to get into the next round.  It doesn’t matter what the score is. If this was a league game where goal difference counts then I can see your point, but it wasn’t. 

Seymour M Hersh
3 hours ago, Lfhearts said:

Joke, ms budge will no doubt be delighted....

Why is it a joke? Sure the standard is probably pretty low but they are trying and constantly improving. Maybe we should just say well done girls or is that too hard for you to say?

16 minutes ago, McCrae said:

The object of a cup game is to get into the next round.  It doesn’t matter what the score is. If this was a league game where goal difference counts then I can see your point, but it wasn’t. 

That you Robbie?

So at what point do you take your foot off the gas in the mens game then?

Wasn't Hibs/Motherwell 6-2 up in a game only to draw it 6-6?

Read some strange stuff on here over the years but this takes the biscuit instructing a team to stop trying to score goals in a game where scoring goals is the entire point.

Edited by Wham Bam Austin McCann

Lord Beni of Gorgie
27 minutes ago, McCrae said:

So stop and patronise the opposition. 

Don't agree with that 

Francis Albert
1 hour ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Why is it a joke? Sure the standard is probably pretty low but they are trying and constantly improving. Maybe we should just say well done girls or is that too hard for you to say?

Girls? 

1 hour ago, Wham Bam Austin McCann said:

That you Robbie?

Read some strange stuff on here over the years but this takes the biscuit instructing a team to stop trying to score goals in a game where scoring goals is the entire point.

Its nothing to do if this was a men’s or women’s game.  After 10 with no reply would be my shout.  No one is ever going to come back from that. 

Edited by McCrae

Francis Albert
50 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

So stop and patronise the opposition. 

Don't agree with that 

Humiliating them is the way to go?

Edited by Francis Albert

To be fair there’s a point were some sporting integrity comes in.

I have no interest in the women’s game only to wish them luck etc but I must admit to crack on and get 24 is a bit - off ?

to utterly humiliate like that in a cup competition  will destroy the other side and at that level doesn’t sit very well with me. I wouldn’t want the Hearts ladies to be on the receiving end of that if they were playing (eg) Arsenal ladies.

Pretty poor show for me

1 hour ago, Wham Bam Austin McCann said:

That you Robbie?

6-2 is not a score line I’d be taking the foot off the gas. 10-0 or so is.

4 minutes ago, Barack said:

Screenshot_20190811-234837_Chrome.jpg

Loser mentality , take the foot off the gas , these lesser players will get better that way....

After watching the goals there's nothing else you could really do but continue to score unless you just passed the ball around the  back for an hour, the raith players weren't trying to stop goals going in.

Just for some context, Hearts Women play in the Premier 2 and currently lie second. The Premier 1 has 8 teams and is currently led by Glasgow City. In the top league, Glasgow, Celtic and Hibs are the strongest teams, with Hibs also in the Champions League this year.

It's pretty tight in Hearts league with a target of promotion to the top tier. Hamilton, Partick Thistle and Glasgow Girls are all strong in this league and Hearts drew with Kilmarnock last week.

Below the two Premier leagues, we have regional division 1 i.e. North and South. Raith Rovers currently lie bottom of the North division. Below that, division 2 is split into 4 regions, with several colts and B teams. There is also a Highlands and Islands league.

The Cup will always bring big wins for some teams as mentioned earlier in the thread. 

Good luck to the team for the rest of the league and in the next round of the cup :thumbsup:

Footballfirst

Sunday's games were in Round 3. What standard were the clubs playing in rounds 1 and 2?

I think there is a case for delaying the involvement of the top women's league clubs until a later round.

51 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Sunday's games were in Round 3. What standard were the clubs playing in rounds 1 and 2?

I think there is a case for delaying the involvement of the top women's league clubs until a later round.

That already happens - Hearts joining in at Round 3 :thumbsup:

Seymour M Hersh
6 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

Girls? 

Eh?  Surely you are not feigning offence at the use of the word girls. 

Edited by Seymour M Hersh

fabienleclerq

Have to agree with Nookie and FA, once they got past 10 or so they should've slowed down. Humiliating that team does nothing for the woman's game imo. Hearts don't learn anything and Raith's confidence takes a beating. 

14 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

I’ll say it: bit classless to keep going so strong once it got to double figures*

*this is not a criticism of Ladies football or women in general, just those sort of games in men’s and ladies football. 

But nice to have a winning team in maroon. May go along and watch sometime - assume it’s a bit less than &29/ticket!

I take the opposite view. Far more offensive to stop trying and take pity upon your opponent. Objectives of the game are to entertain and score goals IMO.

One thing is absolutely certain.  The womens game is absolutely here to stay without a shadow of out.  Really pleased that Hearts are right into it now.

Our neighbours grasped the mettle well before us and have done really well.

I will be very surprised if were not seeing 10,000 crowds to see big Cup derbies within the next 2 to 3 years.  We still have a lot to do to catch up with them but we will do it.

13 hours ago, Wham Bam Austin McCann said:

What? :rofl:

What did you want them to do? 

Very strange way of looking at football.

Agreed!

Criticising a 36-0 win.  Only on JKB.

PS 

Look back at the history of the men's team.

21 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

Agreed!

Criticising a 36-0 win.  Only on JKB.

PS 

Look back at the history of the men's team.

My final word on the matter is this: "respect".

1 hour ago, fabienleclerq said:

Have to agree with Nookie and FA, once they got past 10 or so they should've slowed down. Humiliating that team does nothing for the woman's game imo. Hearts don't learn anything and Raith's confidence takes a beating. 

It’s down to the management ,going out there with a plan to score goals and win the game , it will never catch on , Hearts did the right thing kept playing their own game Very disciplined Raith didn’t give up defenders kept defending, some cracking goals , 

if they had stopped playing after 10 what would they learn ? They are training alongside their male equivalent weekly more pressure to perform big club mentality , they go into the next game better prepared tried all their moves lots worked out ,no downside except for an outdated old Etonian sense of fair play

fabienleclerq
25 minutes ago, qferryjam said:

It’s down to the management ,going out there with a plan to score goals and win the game , it will never catch on , Hearts did the right thing kept playing their own game Very disciplined Raith didn’t give up defenders kept defending, some cracking goals , 

if they had stopped playing after 10 what would they learn ? They are training alongside their male equivalent weekly more pressure to perform big club mentality , they go into the next game better prepared tried all their moves lots worked out ,no downside except for an outdated old Etonian sense of fair play

I disagree, they could've played players in other positions etc. I doubt they learned much attacking movement etc against a team that can't defend. 

10 hours ago, McCrae said:

Its nothing to do if this was a men’s or women’s game.  After 10 with no reply would be my shout.  No one is ever going to come back from that. 

The poster I quoted made the statement about it being the womens game. 

I still don't understand what the alternative is. So you want a football team to just pass it around for the remainder even if they have worked themselves into a goalscoring position. Just doesn't seem right.

Ibrahim Tall

“Easing off” is a loser mentality. They’re adults not children. 

If anyone deserves criticism it’s Raith for not playing tighter and more defensive after the game was quite clearly miles away from them at 5/6-0.

Edited by Ibrahim Tall

Forever Hearts
2 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

One thing is absolutely certain.  The womens game is absolutely here to stay without a shadow of out.  Really pleased that Hearts are right into it now.

Our neighbours grasped the mettle well before us and have done really well.

I will be very surprised if were not seeing 10,000 crowds to see big Cup derbies within the next 2 to 3 years.  We still have a lot to do to catch up with them but we will do it.

Absolutely no chance. 

It's amazing how many people's default setting is to find fault.

My default setting is to notice people finding fault and complain about it.

No doubt, someone will come along and complain about my complaining.

Well done, the women's team. That makes up for some of the disappointment we all felt after Raith's victory in walking football.

https://www.theedinburghreporter.co.uk/2019/07/hearts-finish-runners-up-in-walking-football-scottish-cup/

Forever Hearts
37 minutes ago, 4marsbars said:

It's amazing how many people's default setting is to find fault.

My default setting is to notice people finding fault and complain about it.

No doubt, someone will come along and complain about my complaining.

Well done, the women's team. That makes up for some of the disappointment we all felt after Raith's victory in walking football.

https://www.theedinburghreporter.co.uk/2019/07/hearts-finish-runners-up-in-walking-football-scottish-cup/

I'm still not fully over the walking football defeat. 

The White Cockade

this was all a bit Mickey Mouse given the standard  of the players

Not sure Raith should have been in the competition considering that Hearts are hardly world beaters themselves

but were miles ahead of Raith

but to be fair if Hearts had stopped at 10 they would have just had to pass it between themselves in their own half

or go up the pitch, not shoot, and come back again for 45 minutes

that would have been even worse for the Raith players I reckon and would have been completely farcical and even

more disrespectful

I have a grudging respect for the way some bangers have managed to run this result in to a negative thing.

Congratulations Hearts women. 👍

6 minutes ago, The White Cockade said:

this was all a bit Mickey Mouse given the standard  of the players

Not sure Raith should have been in the competition considering that Hearts are hardly world beaters themselves

but were miles ahead of Raith

but to be fair if Hearts had stopped at 10 they would have just had to pass it between themselves in their own half

or go up the pitch, not shoot, and come back again for 45 minutes

that would have been even worse for the Raith players I reckon and would have been completely farcical and even

more disrespectful

Shall we stop all men’s teams below SPFL L2 entering the Scottish Cup annaw?

It should have been fifty, it should have been fifty... you lucky Fifers, it should have been fifty!

Never been more content with having someone on ignore. I always thought Frank Sinatra was an overrated bellend and a horrible wee dick... maybe that has affected my opinion of those who adore him.