• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3fingersreid

• Francis Albert

• sadj

• Nookie Bear

Top Posters In This Topic

Footballfirst

There's a bit of a gap between the best and the worst women's teams. In other Scottish Cup ties today, both Glasgow City and Celtic won their games 16-0.

3 minutes ago, queensferryjambo said:

Did they win or lose 24-0?

;) 

Beat Raith Rovers 24-0 in the 3rd round of the Scottish Cup

Edited by Footballfirst

3 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

There's a bit of a gap between the best and the worst women's teams. In other Scottish Cup ties today, both Glasgow City and Celtic won their games 16-0.

Same score we should have won the 2012 final by if we'd been bothered

I’ll say it: bit classless to keep going so strong once it got to double figures*

*this is not a criticism of Ladies football or women in general, just those sort of games in men’s and ladies football. 

But nice to have a winning team in maroon. May go along and watch sometime - assume it’s a bit less than &29/ticket!

Haringshairband
14 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Makes yesterday a distant memory already. 

:lol: I think it's a remarkable result but this is sarcasm at its best 👏

3 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

But nice to have a winning team in maroon. May go along and watch sometime - assume it’s a bit less than &29/ticket!

Included in your season ticket :thumbsup:

24 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Are you sure it wasn't a bounce game with the mens 1st team?

That’s just embarrassing. Shows how awful the standard is.  It’s hard to think their is enough time in a game to score so many goals. More than half the game would have been the stop start between goals. 

BarneyBattles44

Excellent got to admire our Women. They have a great future.

Who gets the cred for this revolution ?

FFS a Hearts team gets a cracking result and still the moaners moan.

A fair touch of sexism on display as well.

Craig Levein is not the only Dinosaur around Tynecastle.

It should have been ten
3 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Spot on. Heart of Moanlothian 

Edited by It should have been ten

3fingersreid

Special mention to the Raith goalie who can’t be blamed for ANY of the goals . She had some cracking saves before she had to go off with what looked like a break in her wrist or lower arm . 

50 minutes ago, Dunks said:

Included in your season ticket :thumbsup:

Brilliant.

If anyone asks me, my season ticket is for the ladies football and I get the men's included with it.  :thumbsup: 

Edited by graygo

3fingersreid
9 minutes ago, graygo said:

Brilliant.

If anyone asks me, my season ticket is for the ladies football and I get the men's included with it.  :thumbsup: 

😂😂😂

1 hour ago, Nookie Bear said:

I’ll say it: bit classless to keep going so strong once it got to double figures*

*this is not a criticism of Ladies football or women in general, just those sort of games in men’s and ladies football. 

What? :rofl:

What did you want them to do? 

Very strange way of looking at football.

Francis Albert
1 hour ago, Nookie Bear said:

Agreed. The US women's team got a lot of flak in the US as well as elsewhere for pressing on and wildly celebrating goals as they went into double figures in a game in the recent world cup. I think it ended "only" 13-0.

Jambo elite may have a point for s change, as I am just not interested in women's football, each to their own so won't comment on it again.

3fingersreid
33 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Was this at Tynecastle?  I'm really looking forward to their progress this season.

Not today , up at our normal home this season of the Oriam 

Well done to the Hearts women. 

It's my daughters dream to play for them just like it was mine to play for the famous. 

She's a cracking wee player and plays against Hearts at the start of September so I hope she impresses.

1 hour ago, Turkishcap said:

Well done ladies

Not really sure congratulations are in order. The equivalent of the actual Hearts team playing a high school team or something, clearly a ridiculous mismatch of a game.

Francis Albert

Once you get to say 10-0 why not take a player off every 10 minutes until the other side scores. If they by some miracle cut into your lead play your substitutes. Then you get a run  out in a maybe slightly more competitive game rather than a meaningless kick about.

2 hours ago, tcjambo said:

Same score we should have won the 2012 final by if we'd been bothered

👏🏻👏🏻

2 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

Maybe this is why we don’t often see eye to eye 😉

2 hours ago, luckydug said:

Indeed

2 hours ago, 3fingersreid said:

Special mention to the Raith goalie who can’t be blamed for ANY of the goals . She had some cracking saves before she had to go off with what looked like a break in her wrist or lower arm . 

👍🏻 Hopefully its nothing too serious for the Raith Goalie , Any more absolute pearlers from your lass?

59 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Object of the game is to score goals 

Exactly , **** backing off , maybe only take the ball and run back to your own half with a muted celebration (unless it Hibs)

5 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Once you get to say 10-0 why not take a player off every 10 minutes until the other side scores. If they by some miracle cut into your lead play your substitutes. Then you get a run  out in a maybe slightly more competitive game rather than a meaningless kick about.

Jesus , no offence to anyone on here saying keep it down. Absolutely **** that. If your playing you go for the jugular 

37 minutes ago, Homme said:

Well done to the Hearts women. 

It's my daughters dream to play for them just like it was mine to play for the famous. 

She's a cracking wee player and plays against Hearts at the start of September so I hope she impresses.

Fingers crossed for her. Its an umbelievable feeling playing or seeing family play in maroon.....

3fingersreid
2 minutes ago, sadj said:

👏🏻👏🏻

Indeed

👍🏻 Hopefully its nothing too serious for the Raith Goalie , Any more absolute pearlers from your lass?

Exactly , **** backing off , maybe only take the ball and run back to your own half with a muted celebration (unless it Hibs)

Jesus , no offence to anyone on here saying keep it down. Absolutely **** that. If your playing you go for the jugular 

Header from a corner from around 16 yards , helps when she has a heid like a 50pence piece , and a composed finish after a long long run 👍🏻

Just now, 3fingersreid said:

Header from a corner from around 16 yards , helps when she has a heid like a 50pence piece , and a composed finish after a long long run 👍🏻

Poor Claire 😂😂😂 , TBF , does she ever lack composure when she finishes one. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

A lot of posts missing the point. 

The woman's game can only gain credibility with honesty. 

Playing like you are in the playground is not going to achievement that. 

Reality is there's a yawning gap in quality that is exaggerated in cup football 

Francis Albert
10 minutes ago, sadj said:

👏🏻👏🏻

Indeed

At say 10-0 up you think you haven't got the jugular?

3fingersreid
2 minutes ago, sadj said:

Poor Claire 😂😂😂 , TBF , does she ever lack composure when she finishes one. 

I’ve seen her score against hibs, celtic and rangers at younger levels and she just took it in her stride , I’m desperate to see her score against hibs ,glasgow city and celtic at women’s level , her composure will be under some serious pressure to ensure she behaves ( and mine 😂) .

Just now, Francis Albert said:

At say 10-0 up you think you haven't got the jugular?

Don’t care if its 10-0 , 20-0 , 30-0... Jugular is the wrong word probably , however point remains , would you of complained we should be nice if we’d won 10-1 in 2012 or 15-0 v cowdenbeath? 

30 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

:rofl:

4 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

I’ve seen her score against hibs, celtic and rangers at younger levels and she just took it in her stride , I’m desperate to see her score against hibs ,glasgow city and celtic at women’s level , her composure will be under some serious pressure to ensure she behaves ( and mine 😂) .

Hahaha , any goal against Hibs and at any level is to be wildly celebrated. She’s got the game , so the composure should be no problem...

1 hour ago, Wham Bam Austin McCann said:

What? :rofl:

What did you want them to do? 

Very strange way of looking at football.

At that level it’s customary to take your foot off the pedal when it gets too one-sided. 

But obviously pleasing we were the ones doing the scoring !