Liam Fox and Jon Daly.

Whatever

Ultimately Craig Levein is responsible for current performances and results but I’d be interested to hear from those who attend training regularly just how involved Fox and Daly are?

Is it correct that CL leaves most of the coaching to this pair during the week? On paper we have a good squad of players but watching the games I often find myself asking what the hell we’re doing at riccarton all week.

There are games where I think it’s noticeable CL has been heavily involved, Derby games and the cup final for example, but for many run of the mill games (yesterday) I find it hard to believe CL has been working with the team in the build up to it.

As said, CL is responsible as he delegates the coaching but I can’t help feel we’d benefit from better coaches working under him.

From the outside looking in, CL’s loyalty to those around him could ultimately be what cuts his time at Tynecastle short.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• soonbe110

• weegie jambo

• sadj

• Whatever

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

Neil McCann is still available 

Aye, because he got sacked by Dundee after doing a terrible job.

1 minute ago, Darren said:

To be fair, how did Liam Fox do at Cowdenbeath?

I think the appointment of a senior coach for the first team would be beneficial. Freshen things up, bring some new ideas and kick a few backsides. The current coaching is evidently not getting the best out of the players.

PaulHartley10

Jon Daly walking about with his earpiece trying to coach/advise Steven Naismith and Connor Washington on the finer points of being a striker.

Edited by PaulHartley10

Forever Hearts
4 minutes ago, Darren said:

Dundee are a basket case. He did well to keep them up.

The coaching staff responsible for first team matters are inexperienced. A tracksuit manager would be spending time with players and coaches to teach as well as communicate what they want. Our set up and tactics are so basic and this is evident watching us. Coaching defensive set up and attacking transition takes a lot of work and a large investment in time. The way we concede goals and lack any fluidity when carrying the ball forward tells it's own story. The whole set up just isn't working and needs a clear out. 

17 minutes ago, GorgieRules22 said:

Clean slate, get them all out.

The time to do so was after the cup final.

What you suggest isn’t going to happen.

A_A wehatethehibs

I would even be happy enough if Levein decides he is staying, sack some of these guys and get some fresh coaches in. At least that would be action.

Forever Hearts
1 minute ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

I would even be happy enough if Levein decides he is staying, sack some of these guys and get some fresh coaches in. At least that would be action.

The last thing we need is giving him the responsibility of picking a new coaching team. He should be leaving along with the duds that HE brought in. 

You can add Austin to that list as well , all 4 are callable. 

Yesterday proved that it doesn't matter how many players you add it means nothing if the coaching isn't right during the week . 

We were a shambles again yesterday with no pattern or style of play . 

All 4 need to go asap imo but the problem is Ann is miles away football wise so we would probably need a sporting director and a manager to push on . 

That was grim yesterday, very worrying going forward, given the money we've invested in new personnel. 

weegie jambo

The bottom line for me is, who is really responsible for our form right now? If Levein is leaving it to Daly, Fox or McPhee then it clearly isn't working and begs the question why he isn't more "hands on" and when he is are we a more potent force?

I for one don't have a lot of faith in the conveyor belt system of management recruitment and the thought of Daly being the main man doesn't fill me with hope.

29 minutes ago, Whatever said:

Ultimately Craig Levein is responsible for current performances and results but I’d be interested to hear from those who attend training regularly just how involved Fox and Daly are?

Is it correct that CL leaves most of the coaching to this pair during the week? On paper we have a good squad of players but watching the games I often find myself asking what the hell we’re doing at riccarton all week.

There are games where I think it’s noticeable CL has been heavily involved, Derby games and the cup final for example, but for many run of the mill games (yesterday) I find it hard to believe CL has been working with the team in the build up to it.

As said, CL is responsible as he delegates the coaching but I can’t help feel we’d benefit from better coaches working under him.

From the outside looking in, CL’s loyalty to those around him could ultimately be what cuts his time at Tynecastle short.

No it’s not true 

weegie jambo
2 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

No it’s not true 

so you're saying the buck stops with Levein on all matters?

4 minutes ago, weegie jambo said:

The bottom line for me is, who is really responsible for our form right now? If Levein is leaving it to Daly, Fox or McPhee then it clearly isn't working and begs the question why he isn't more "hands on" and when he is are we a more potent force?

I for one don't have a lot of faith in the conveyor belt system of management recruitment and the thought of Daly being the main man doesn't fill me with hope.

Don't think Daly would offer much hope or encouragement to many Hearts  fans.

fabienleclerq
28 minutes ago, PaulHartley10 said:

Jon Daly walking about with his earpiece trying to coach/advise Steven Naismith and Connor Washington on the finer points of being a striker.

By that logic, Fergus on, benitez and mourinho shouldn't of bothered. 

weegie jambo
Just now, EIEIO said:

Don't think Daly would offer much hope or encouragement to many Hearts  fans.

I'd be all for a clear out with Craig taking a more hands on training role, however I still think Austin is an asset but the rest just are just pretty Meh!

30 minutes ago, Whatever said:

To be fair, how did Liam Fox do at Cowdenbeath?

A Cowdenbeath sponsor who worked on the new Queensferry Crossing told me Fox was clueless and the worst manager the club had ever had. 

1 minute ago, weegie jambo said:

I'd be all for a clear out with Craig taking a more hands on training role, however I still think Austin is an asset but the rest just are just pretty Meh!

Craig should be included in any clear out, Austin seems a knowledgeable guy but is not team manager  material for me.

9 minutes ago, weegie jambo said:

The fact that levein is not only our manager but also on our board then i would say yes. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Levein said from his own mouth he only got involved heavily later in the week. 

Whether that's still true I don't know. 

39 minutes ago, Darren said:

He was trying to do several different jobs at Dundee,did not have the half the facilities or money, CL has at his disposal,massive difference.

weegie jambo
3 minutes ago, EIEIO said:

Craig should be included in any clear out, Austin seems a knowledgeable guy but is not team manager  material for me.

3 minutes ago, Elshin said:

The fact that levein is not only our manager but also on our board then i would say yes. 

My thoughts were, could Levein do more to improve the on field displays if he was hanging back and letting the coaches get on with it? If he was then he was neglecting his duties and also showing a lack of concern for our current plight and should certainly be kicked back upstairs to DOF or better still moved to youth development.

36 minutes ago, weegie jambo said:

52 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

👍🏻

12 minutes ago, Crete said:

Why did we have to create a job for Gary Naismith another failed manager,we are wasting money on far to many coaches

Because the club are trying to operate in the year 2019 the same way other big clubs do and to grow. Its a position that many clubs have someone in.

37 minutes ago, afanderson33 said:

There were rumours a while back that Daly isn't liked at all by the younger players, wonder how true it is

He was a prize cock as a player, so this wouldn’t surprise me.

Whether CL is being more hands on or not, we are massively struggling. If CL is leaving training to the other coaches then what exactly are they coaching on? is this another Cathro style project that is operating on a subterranean level where CL is trying develop younger and inexperienced coaches by way of 'learning by doing'? What ever it is, it isn't working.

Every week we slate the players and tbh there is justification in that but surely they are also just playing the way the coaches ask them to. We also say regularly that some players are just stealing a wage - are the coaches not doing the same? What do all these key people/coaches actually do? Maybe the coaching is as follows: a cheeky wee lazy morning with a bit of stretching and some bacon rolls at 11. Maybe a bit of running after then a spot of lunch. A kick around after lunch before home time. In a word, the coaches are rubbish and the justification for this comment is watching the team play every week. The tactics are terrible and the football is eye-bleeding to watch. We have a squad with considerable international experience FFS!

Surely FOH has some sort of influence over all of this? While this forum is actually very good for venting frustration and hearing opinions etc - is not time to exert influence? Are people really happy watching this every week? 

annushorribilis III
1 hour ago, Whatever said:

Basically what I posted last night.

Regardless of the injuries to the creative players last season it never seemed like the team was being set up to make the best of what we had available. And I agree with your point about CLs involvement - the cup final surpassed expectations and you have to ask how that hadn't been replicated in the preceding 6 months. 

But here we are again with some dire individual & collective performances against allegedly poorer teams (in the main) and there is still no noticeable improvement.  

1 hour ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Just get in some other mugs to follow his orders, yes that will sort the problem.

1 hour ago, Whatever said:

Foxy takes most of the sessions and Daly  stands watching . McPhee and levein generally stand watching .

It's not just the coaching and training, it's the way the team is set up, the pedestrian speed of our passing, lack of movement,  substitutions. Levein, as Head Coach and DOF is ultimately responsible and sacking the coaches while retaining Levein would change nothing.

Would really like to know what the **** we're working on Mon-Fri. Can't honestly believe hoofing it up to Uche is the agreed upon tactic. 

1 hour ago, afanderson33 said:

There were rumours a while back that Daly isn't liked at all by the younger players, wonder how true it is

Maybe shouts at them and acts like he gives a ****. Bless their little cotton socks

8 minutes ago, OTT said:

Would really like to know what the **** we're working on Mon-Fri. Can't honestly believe hoofing it up to Uche is the agreed upon tactic. 

Yeah you’d think they’d agree on that on Monday then take the rest of the week off.

Following Monday at the round table.

Coach 1 “Let’s try hoofing it to Uche”

Coach 2 “Don’t know. Really didn’t work last week”

Coach 3 “Might work this week though”

Coach 4 “What do you think gaffer”

Manager, “Not that bothered. Give it a bash”

1 hour ago, weegie jambo said:

No, I was just letting poster know that Fox and Daly don’t lead most of the training. Far from it. 

1 hour ago, Sir Gio said:

Levein said from his own mouth he only got involved heavily later in the week. 

Whether that's still true I don't know. 

Hasn’t been last few times I have watched some of their training early in the week.