Please stop with the negativity !

the Hearts way

36 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

I've already stated on this thread that we have a good squad. But that's no good if the manager doesn't use it properly.

What would you do differently? We put out a very attacking team yesterday. 

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• the Hearts way

• iantjambo

• Thomaso

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Leveins Battalion
Just now, tcjambo said:

And had 1 shot on target  😒

2 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Not sure playing personnel is the issue, bud. We've got better players in probably 10 out of 11 positions than Ross Co.

Use of players is the issue.

Agreed barring Zlamal we have far better players.

9 minutes ago, Dayman said:

The teams a problem. The fans are also a problem. We sued to be the 12th man. Now we are probably worth one less player. 

The impact of fans is over estimated, it's about the players and management. If it's happening on the pitch then the crowd is happy and more people will attend. Turning round this situation will have nothing to do with fans. 

Does seem slightly cheeky having a go at fans who have paid the money and turned up though. Those would be the customers that most businesses would be seeking to keep. 

Edited by Jodami

25 minutes ago, McCrae said:

I think we are 3 players from having a good team. We need a GK, midfield player and a striker.

If CL does this before the window closes we could be looking at a very different outcome.

Levein could sign Messi, Neymar and Suarez and Hearts would still be poor. His tactics are to blame. The players have no clue where they are playing and those that want to attack are stifled by his safety at all costs approach. He needs to go before Hearts end up fighting at the wrong end of the league. 

5 minutes ago, tcjambo said:

Attack looking yes.

Attack mentality no.

the Hearts way

Thanks for all yer feed back, both positive and otherwise. 

HHGH 

ONWARDS and UPWARDS. 🇶🇦🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

15 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

And had 1 shot on target  😒

That's wrong for a start as Washington had two alone in the first 30 mins.

Need to see something positive before my negativity cedes. The players need a kick up the erse.  We shouldn’t be rewarding or having positivity towards abject failure. 

Leveins Battalion
2 minutes ago, tcjambo said:

That's wrong for a start as Washington had two alone in the first 30 mins.

I stand corrected,we had 2 shots on target the whole game,breathtaking. 

14 minutes ago, Jodami said:

The impact of fans is over estimated, it's about the players and management. If it's happening on the pitch then the crowd is happy and more people will attend. Turning round this situation will have nothing to do with fans. 

Does seem slightly cheeky having a go at fans who have paid the money and turned up though. Those would be the customers that most businesses would be seeking to keep. 

Hmm I Disagree. For example, A lot of our long pointless punts up the park are reactions from fans screaming to get the ball forward. 

Just now, tcjambo said:

To do what. Do you think that CL decides we will be negative?

Defensive set up and attacking transition would be the starting point. It's not as simplistic as a manager deciding we will be positive or negative. Players need to be coached through phases of play to understand what they should be doing in certain situations. The way County created space to get a man free consistently in attacking situations makes you question our defensive coaching and the way we just sling balls into the opposition box makes you question our attacking coaching. I don't think our playing staff is that bad and I think good work has been done on recruitment this summer. 

1 hour ago, fabienleclerq said:

Who's making excuses for the performances you ****ing pleb? I'm criticising the fans. And it was hardly bouncing at Pittodrie, I'm assuming if you were there you were drunk. We came to life for ten minutes when Naismith came on and we got in front. 

What’s with the abuse? Strange way to react because someone has a difference of opinion from you.

Getintaethem
21 minutes ago, tcjambo said:

Most people wouldn't have played Naismith left midfield.

Doubt many would have thrown Henderson on when he hadn't played any first team football, or even replaced a striker with a midfielder at that point.

Most other managers wouldn't have a team of half fit players in the middle of August.

Think most of the people in the ground would have identified we needed a new keeper before the end of last season.

portobellojambo1
1 hour ago, iantjambo said:

I've already stated on this thread that we have a good squad. But that's no good if the manager doesn't use it properly.

Correct. I don't think we have a bad squad of players. However, we have a manager who lines up to play in the exact same manner he used prior ro leaving the club originally 15 years ago, despite the fact the game has moved on so much during the interim period. Rather than use decent players to go out and express themselves we are wasting decent players in the manager's attempt to get them play in a way which became redundant many years ago. You don't change players to suit a shit awful way of playing, you change your ways to suit the abilities the players have and in that Craig Levein has shown he cannot. If he were working for a funeral directors and the idea was to bore both the players and the fans to death he would be a millionaire.

Edited by portobellojambo1

I hate the excuse that our fans put the players under too much pressure which results in poor performances.

IMO it is utter nonsense.

Away from home we regularly take good numbers that get right behind the team from the off, and regularly we fail to perform away from home. 

Its a lazy excuse and deflects away from the main problem.

7 minutes ago, Dayman said:

Hmm I Disagree. For example, A lot of our long pointless punts up the park are reactions from fans screaming to get the ball forward. 

The principal reason for the ball being played long is opposition players working hard to close down other options, forcing the player to just knock it up the line. It's a compliment to the defending team, particularly if they can make sure the player who knocks it long is not a great passer. The other reason is a lack of options for the player on the ball. Players are not actively influenced by the crowd. How much do you think they can actually hear, I would imagine the first few rows at best. 

Selkirkhmfc1874

Would say I always try to be positive but after yesterday's performance it's very hard to put a positive spin on it ! 

47 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Not sure playing personnel is the issue, bud. We've got better players in probably 10 out of 11 positions than Ross Co.

Use of players is the issue.

I think a lot of our problems stem from not having good enough midfield players.  It was an obvious issue in the LC games where we struggled to control games. Loic made a big difference and you saw the impact when he tired and then went off. 

We won’t do well until we sort this area out .

SpruceBringsteen

That's us become Brexit now, is it? An absolute shambles of a shitshow that anyone with half an eye can see is a hoaching Jobby Royale - but if we all just believe in it, then it'll get better!

:rofl:

3 hours ago, the Hearts way said:

It's a marathon not a sprint. 

I think we'll surprise a few. 

Mon the JT's. 🇶🇦

FTH.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS. 

There has been no improvement from last season. The football has been just as poor. We have good players, but there’s clearly a problem. Can’t see how the football we play is going to get any better. 

Stephen Muddie
Just now, SpruceBringsteen said:

That's us become Brexit now, is it? An absolute shambles of a shitshow that anyone with half an eye can see is a hoaching Jobby Royale - but if we all just believe in it, then it'll get better!

:rofl:

If we've now become Brexit, it's about time that the metaphorical remainiacs realised two things: 1. You're being played by VIs (as well as fellow simpletons) and 2. Levein isn't leaving.

fabienleclerq
39 minutes ago, amadjambo said:

What’s with the abuse? Strange way to react because someone has a difference of opinion from you.

You're own opinion is fine misrepresenting mine isn't. Tbh I was over the top so I apologise for that. 

You can't seriously think we don't put our own team under pressure? You think they don't know if they are playing shite and need reminding? 

Do you think Bobby would've responded better to encouragement rather than jeering? He had a shitshow yesterday and tbh isn't good enough but telling him mid game doesn't help anyone. 

Bozanic was booed coming on! Imagine how that makes him feel? 

Away from home you are trying to make us sound like some Greek ultra outfit but in reality it's not. 

The teams shite but so are the fans. It's two separate things. 

SpruceBringsteen
2 minutes ago, Stephen Muddie said:

If we've now become Brexit, it's about time that the metaphorical remainiacs realised two things: 1. You're being played by VIs (as well as fellow simpletons) and 2. Levein isn't leaving.

Tbf Brexit has it's upside - when I come back to visit Scotland, I'll be able to live like a king for a fortnight on $5. But what dividend does Hearts being absolutely dugshite provide me? Answers on the side of a bus pls.

Stephen Muddie
Just now, SpruceBringsteen said:

Tbf Brexit has it's upside - when I come back to visit Scotland, I'll be able to live like a king for a fortnight on $5. But what dividend does Hearts being absolutely dugshite provide me? Answers on the side of a bus pls.

We will be introducing dynamic pricing structures for walk up admission - Book ahead for Hamilton at home... £80squillion. Turn up 5 mins from kickoff to a half empty stadium... "On ye go pal, a'd feel bad chergin ye. Fact bud, here's a fiver, go get a Bovril and a Snickers eh"

Edited by Stephen Muddie

Mon the JT's. 🇶🇦

FTH.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS. 

How many games have you seen so far this season? The marathon well and truly under way with us playing 6 competitive games already and nothing has changed from November 2018.

3 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

I think folk are right to be concerned, however the way some posters talk about our owner, manager, players and the way they speak to other posters on here is dire, all to make a point, the same point. 

I was called a disease yesterday, fir example. 

Very few positives from yesterdays game tbh. 

Longer term, I think Naismith, Damour, Whyte, Washington and even Uche will improve over the next month, we'll have decent depth and a good squad. 

We'll need to get results soon tho, that will only  happen if we improve on yesterday. 

A win at Motherwell and it will look better and give us confidence. 

Can this team go on a winning run-yes I think so. Does it look likely atm, sadly - no. 

Not a disease but unfortunately you seem to want to be argumentative and obtuse with a lot of posters because they don’t want CL. You’re backing if him to the hilt is your issue 

Bazzas right boot
44 minutes ago, McCrae said:

I think a lot of our problems stem from not having good enough midfield players.  It was an obvious issue in the LC games where we struggled to control games. Loic made a big difference and you saw the impact when he tired and then went off. 

I agree, but then why have Naismith out left. 

His team selection was bizzare and if he wanted to beef up the middle, even more so. 

Just now, Getintaethem said:

The negativity won't stop until the manager and coaching staff are changed.  Best get used to it.

On a more positive note, I've won 16 iPhones and £6,200 worth of Aldi cards today.

So i'm not the only one what about 500 pound Asda vouchers

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, merseyjambo said:

Not a disease but unfortunately you seem to want to be argumentative and obtuse with a lot of posters because they don’t want CL. You’re backing if him to the hilt is your issue 

If you read my posts I don't t back him to the hilt, I just don't go mental after every game and haven't been banging on about it for a year. 

Also, 9/10 posters engage me first, often  in an aggressive  manner. 

1 hour ago, Jodami said:

The principal reason for the ball being played long is opposition players working hard to close down other options, forcing the player to just knock it up the line. It's a compliment to the defending team, particularly if they can make sure the player who knocks it long is not a great passer. The other reason is a lack of options for the player on the ball. Players are not actively influenced by the crowd. How much do you think they can actually hear, I would imagine the first few rows at best. 

Having played in stadiums with a couple thousand fans I can tell you that you can hear it all. 

Also im not meaning one fan shouting. I’m meaning when you have hundreds screaming to punt it forward.

Mon the JT's. 🇶🇦

FTH.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS. 

People aren't being negative on the back of 2 league games and a few league cup games. Though some will be. I think a lot of people are angry because the results going back for the whole of 2019 have been totally unacceptable. Its not just a couple of games. Its the last 15/20. How many have we won? 1? 2? For any team that's not good enough

kingantti1874
1 hour ago, McCrae said:

when you change the personnel dramatically like we have and still we play the same slow, ponderous, predictable, one dimensional garbage, you have to look beyond the players. It is without doubt 100% how they are being coached or lack off.  Levein even talked last year about our possession stats and lack of long balls, yeah Craig bit meaningless when it is so slow and predictable and in front of teams..

man for man we have the third strongest squad in the league already IMO, without signing anyone else.. and we look like a bottom  3 side.

3 hours ago, Barack said:

I go away on holiday to Cyprus a month today.

I'm being positive about that. Also positive I won't be watching any football or keeping up on here while I'm away. Despite us playing Motherwell & Hibs. 

**** that.

Show off.........he said from Turkey. 

1 hour ago, iantjambo said:

Wouldn't silence signify acceptance?

Not if the place was in complete deathly silence. As I say would never happen though.

4 hours ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

These positive threads have no place on here at the moment.  This is one of the reasons why we are in this position as we are always hearing that things will improve soon but tomorrow never comes.  We are currently on a collision course to a relegation battle and that is not hysteria. We need tough decisions made within the club and I question whether the board has their heads as far into the sand as some of the contributors of this forum.

Bang on mate. Two wins at Tynie in the league in 2019 says it all. Any other manager not on the board would be gone 

It should have been ten
4 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

The negativity has been ongoing since we were 2nd in the league under Robbie. 

Changing managers has done nothing in regards to that. 

Correct 

BarneyBattles44
4 hours ago, Toonhertz said:

I think we should reopen the east fife thread with everyone threatening each other! That was a good laugh 

I missed that one

4 hours ago, the Hearts way said:

Mon the JT's. 🇶🇦

FTH.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS. 

Troll

2 hours ago, Class of 75 said:

Levein could sign Messi, Neymar and Suarez and Hearts would still be poor. His tactics are to blame. The players have no clue where they are playing and those that want to attack are stifled by his safety at all costs approach. He needs to go before Hearts end up fighting at the wrong end of the league. 

We would probably have to watch Zlamal ping long balls up towards Messi’s head.

20 minutes ago, Dayman said:

Having played in stadiums with a couple thousand fans I can tell you that you can hear it all. 

Also im not meaning one fan shouting. I’m meaning when you have hundreds screaming to punt it forward.

Fair enough, can't speak from experience so completely accept that sir. You'll understand then that this frustration is generally borne of the ball being worked laterally and then backwards before often being knocked up the channel. Would you agree that this is a phase of play coaching issue which does not seem to be getting worked on? 

4 hours ago, Barack said:

I go away on holiday to Cyprus a month today.

I'm being positive about that. Also positive I won't be watching any football or keeping up on here while I'm away. Despite us playing Motherwell & Hibs. 

**** that.

32° today in Nissi Bay. 

Unfortunately,  I tuned into yesterday's shambolic performance! 

2 hours ago, tcjambo said:

And there is the problem!  We have the players but they look demotivated and clueless on the managers tactics!

3 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

And there is the problem!  We have the players but they look demotivated and clueless on the managers tactics!

Well by your argument Heckingbottom and McInnes should also be sacked - coaching disasters today for them!!!

4 hours ago, RudiHMFC said:

I think we'll surprise a few too, but not in a positive way.

Precisely. Lost, devoid of ideas, short of confidence, no cutting edge, no game plan, nothing. Absolutely frightening the manager says there is a confidence problem two games into the league campaign. Astounding. Surely it’s up to management to help instill confidence in a player. I appreciate once the player steps over that white line, it’s up to him to perform. But a manger is supposed to get the best out of that player and it’s patently obvious that’s not happening and hasn’t been for a while. This negativity that surrounds the club is because the performances have been unacceptable and the results likewise. 

He has to go. The whole management structure needs replaced. Yes this will cost. But not acting will cost a lot more. 

31 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

when you change the personnel dramatically like we have and still we play the same slow, ponderous, predictable, one dimensional garbage, you have to look beyond the players. It is without doubt 100% how they are being coached or lack off.  Levein even talked last year about our possession stats and lack of long balls, yeah Craig bit meaningless when it is so slow and predictable and in front of teams..

man for man we have the third strongest squad in the league already IMO, without signing anyone else.. and we look like a bottom  3 side.

I don’t agree. I think until we got Lois our midfield was one of the weakest in the league.  With Haring out we had no ball winners.  We need players that can control the midfield.